Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately (31255 Views)

FG Directs Depots To Sell Kerosene At N73.37k Per Litre / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / Nigerians To Enjoy Regular Power Soon • Fg Directs States To Provide Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by adino(m): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

Funny enough, none is ASUU member. The truth remains the truth.
Demdem The Moronic Retardeen
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
U are not serious, Mr man! U are very daft. I think u must be a plotician yourself. Ur comment shows that u are not a sane man up there! If FG is ready to do as promised, why not properly sign it into agreement. Na today FG dont dey fool us? Let ASUU fight on and rescue our students from this rotten educational system. Olodo!
Mandelaguy:

Here comes the resident retard on Nairaland with his i.mbecilic comments as usual.
President Jonathan is the first president to enter into direct negotiations with ASUU. He didn't do it out of weakness but a genuine desire to end the strike and get Nigerian students back to school.

It took the President 13 hours to reach a feasible agreement with ASUU (while you were asleep) and they had an understanding which includes a variation of the unimplementable 2009 agreement that ASUU reached under Yaradua.

President Jonathan told ASUU (and the facts are verifiable) that he is the president who has invested more in Education than any other.
He told them that he increased Education funding in the Budget from below 300B to 450 B. he also specialized tertiary funding through TETFUNDS.

He has undertaken the establishment of 12 new Federal universities to ensure that no state in the federation is deprived.
Since the strike started, FG has committee 100B for infrastructure and 30 B for earned allowances (no other administration has done this much)
In the same meeting, President said that despite the increased budgetary funding to Education by 450B, he will also mobilise 200 B in fulfillment of the agreement for the next 4 years.

So what is ASUU's problem? Since you were born, have you heard of any President that offered this much to ASUU just to call off a strike?
It's so unfortunate that politics has beclouded our sense of reasoning in this country.
President GEJ has tried, let FG go ahead to reopen the schools and it will be a popular move as you can see from comments on this thread
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
hillsate:

So the future of Nigeria should be compromised because you left foodstuff and paid a blood.y house rent?
Just wondering what type of graduate you'd be.
You obviously are the I.diot here.

Do you have comprehension issues, whose talking about compromising the future? If ASUU can be paid for the 5months they did not work, then we should be compensated too!

Watch your words if you wish to sleep well tonight.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Abojupupa: 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
We should not be sentimental about issues. If we look at this case dispassionately, We'll realize that ASUU is fighting a just cause.
Govt refused to honour an agreement it signed with ASUU and ASUU went on strike.
To punish ASUU and force it to end the strike, govt stopped its members' salaries.
When ASUU did not budge, govt reopened negotiation with it.
Once beaten, twice shy. ASUU had been fooled once. It does not want to be fooled again. So it insists govt must sign the new document appropriately.
If govt finally reached an agreement with ASUU, it means that govt realized that ASUU had good points all this while. Govt should pay them their salary and stop prolonging the strike.
If the threat of sack fails, it will be a shame on govt. If it succeeds, the students will suffer more. ASUU'S morale will be low; not many vacant posts can be filled immediately. It takes so much resources to training a phd, not to talk of a professor.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
hillsate:

Three professors lecturing you and you see nothing special about them and you even know which of them is above average.
Students don't talk like this, only village touts claiming to be students.

Wait in line! I'm still dealing with the homo-sapiens
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Igbagbof: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
If u dey tink say ASUU dey fight 4 students, u be real IGNORANTE. ASUU gan to n pariwo, kini won ko wa? Apo ti ara won ni won ja fun jawe. See make everybody go organise him/her own life kia kia.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by seangy4konji: 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
GEJ is turning into a dictator gradually...where did you put your words when you signed agreementS
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by profvic3: 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
stevedure:
And here comes the slowpoke of Nairaland and captain of the blinds, leader of the backwards, true Hater 2 d core and a goon! All hail d APC hippopotamus, DEMDEM! it's obvious u're loosing 4rm both ends! I can understand ur wailings, please go on hating while we jump into the moving train of success! Vagaboon!
u are derailing
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by tomzman: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
I read most of the comments on this thread and all I could do was shake my head. So many comments are oozing of ignorance and senselessnes. What's so special about making an agreement formal? ASUU is not asking for anything new. All they want is for government to be accountable and the arrears of their salaries paid (a normal thing under the law). Only a fool would take the Nigerian government's words for it.
Nigerian youths should learn how to reason without adding sentiments.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by sakaguchi(m): 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
tomzman: I read most of the comments on this thread and all I could do was shake my head. So many comments are oozing of ignorance and senselessnes. What's so special about making an agreement formal? ASUU is not asking for anything new. All they want is for government to be accountable and the arrears of their salaries paid (a normal thing under the law). Only a fool would take the Nigerian government's words for it.
And thw question is, why should they be paid? Did they work?

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by simpleseyi: 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
Has FG also directed the Nigeria Police Force to arrest all ASUU members and lock them up in the classrooms with students and force the lecturers to lecture? If not, then Jonathan has to change the man that supplies his ogogoro. Even lucifer's third born (Hitler and Osama are 1st and 2nd born) called Sanni Abacha tried this nonsense and it never worked, now the drunk fisherman wants to get his figers burnt also.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Michelyr3(m): 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Why r some pple in dis thread think like ape(s)? Do u guys feel dat putting dis in writing is d problem dat d fg has wit ASUU? ASUU give fg new 4 conditions in which putin d so called agreement in writing is one if dem, than ask ur self wats d rest if d conditions? Paying someone who has been doing nothing for d past 5months? Couple wit another one dey(ASUU) said dat its personal to dem, talking abt transplant, who hv been hvin secret meetings, its ASUU, making unknown demands to d fg,its ASUU, collecting sorting, its ASUU, sleeping wit our gals, its ASUU, so FG should do anytin dey like to them i dnt care.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by emma4us: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
The strike is political that is what you should know. Am pleased with what the FG has done.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by superstar1(m): 10:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Abojupupa: We should not be sentimental about issues. If we look at this case dispassionately, We'll realize that ASUU is fighting a just cause.
Govt refused to honour an agreement it signed with ASUU and ASUU went on strike.
To punish ASUU and force it to end the strike, govt stopped its members' salaries.
When ASUU did not budge, govt reopened negotiation with it.
Once beaten, twice shy. ASUU had been fooled once. It does not want to be fooled again. So it insists govt must sign the new document appropriately.
If govt finally reached an agreement with ASUU, it means that govt realized that ASUU had good points all this while. Govt should pay them their salary and stop prolonging the strike.
If the threat of sack fails, it will be a shame on govt. If it succeeds, the students will suffer more. ASUU'S morale will be low; not many vacant posts can be filled immediately. It takes so much resources to training a phd, not to talk of a professor.

Fighting a just cause is fair. Their asking for salary for months they did not work makes them greedy lots.

What is the compensation.for the students that have lost 4months of their lives? They should answer that first.

What measures do they have in place to.protect females students from.the devil's incarnates and extra randy ones among them. What will they do about the dullards among them that are busy extorting students over marks and handouts that are online copy and paste and print handouts. They should give accountability of what they have been given before. No matter how little, which meaningful research have they come up.with I'm the last ten years
We are not asking them for Yale or Harvard or Cambridge or oxford kind of research. We are asking them for the one that is commensurate to the allocation they were given.

Nitel staff over did and now they are irrelevant, phcn staff thought they were untouchable, they are irrelevant now. One day, ASUU will become irrelevant too.

Asking for salaries for months they were gallivanting to private universities and sleeping at home is criminal and no sane govt should agree to that. If it is a patriotic strike, every one must pay a price.

The govt should pay the price by fulfilling their part of the agreement, the students have already paid their price by losing time and time value of time and the effect in the nearest and foreseeable future, lecturers too should paid the price by not being paid for the 5mths.

Shikena.

3 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Igbagbof: 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
sakaguchi:
And thw question is, why should they be paid? Did they work?

Abi o dem wan reap where dem no sow. What are they going to do to recompense we studs 4 dis wasted 5 months? Automatic G.P without exam or what?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by superstar1(m): 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
FG should also come.up with new demands and they should include the following:

1. No more molestation of ladies
2. No selling of handouts
3. All classes must be attended
4. Meaningful research with results should be demanded.
5. Students should be given the power to appraise lecturers.
6. Personal demand too that FG will not make public. grin

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Dawinlove(m): 10:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
So na so d strike touch una reach,I think say students want still make money stay house,na now una eye open,no b only gud move na gooder moovie

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by superstar1(m): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
tomzman: I read most of the comments on this thread and all I could do was shake my head. So many comments are oozing of ignorance and senselessnes. What's so special about making an agreement formal? ASUU is not asking for anything new. All they want is for government to be accountable and the arrears of their salaries paid (a normal thing under the law). Only a fool would take the Nigerian government's words for it.

Getting paid for work not done is defrauding the nation. Where in the world is that done.

The code of conduct of civil service clearly states that no work no payment. If FG evoke it, it is within their right. You have the right to go.on strike and FG have the right to.stand by the policy.

If 13hours meeting they had with the president was just mere verbal talk without any recording or concrete agreement, it says a lot about the intelligence of our lecturers. How.will they be better than that, when r
Sleeping with girls in their offices and in hotels they forced the ladies to book for is what is in their heads.

Bunch of nonentities. The good ones had better fish out the bad ones.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by superstar1(m): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by jelel6: 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
empty treats. GED'S team of advisors have failed him woefully this time. FG'S move is certainly one of a hypocrite. I just pity the people here who consider the duration of the strike, at this junction as paramount than the purpose of it. ASUU is a certified trade union. They will not burge. And rightly so. Egos are at stake, from both sides though. ASUU has got the 3 aces. They should battle the FG. In supreme court need be. ONLY THE TRULY CLEVER PEOPLE WILL(probably) AGREE WITH ME.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by superstar1(m): 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
jelel6: empty treats. GED'S team of advisors have failed him woefully this time. FG'S move is certainly one of a hypocrite. I just pity the people here who consider the duration of the strike, at this junction as paramount than the purpose of it. ASUU is a certified trade union. They will not burge. And rightly so. Egos are at stake, from both sides though. ASUU has got the 3 aces. They should battle the FG. In supreme court need be. ONLY THE TRULY CLEVER PEOPLE WILL(probably) AGREE WITH ME.

What aces do.they have.

Your employer asked you to.resume and duly notified you that if you don't resume within the stipulated time, you will be sacked. If you like go to Hague. It will at least drag on.for.10years and by then some, if not.most of.them will be dead by then.

What is ASUU doing about the lawlessness of its members. If indiscpline is their watchword in house as an association, then they don't have any moral right to point accusing fingers.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by lagosph: 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
excell12go: Their new demands aren't too much for FG to implement if they(FG) really want us to go back to school.

Why can't d FG put into writing their promise of N220B annual grant to these institutions? ? That means they are not ready to drop this money next year and they know they can be sued by ASUU if they dont.

if paying their four(4) months salary will settle things a bit, why can't they just pay Don't they(FG) have the money? Would the FG not have paid if ASUU had not been on strike?

If the federal government really wants us to go back to school, they know what to do. Let them do the needful.
I beg; I don't wanna go to work for the next 5 months, hope my employer go pay me for the 5 months? My salary is to small I want him to increase it.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by kalimera101: 11:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
My heart actually leapt with joy when I read this. Now FG is serious. Ah ah wetin.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Popeee: 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
The battle line seems to be drawn. Let us wait and watch Act 2 Scene 1 of the drama which Wike has just started.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by addictiv(m): 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
And the FG ll come nd graduate students since lecturers wont be paid to finish up from where they left off.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by farano(f): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
If FG sacks lecturers , will he abolish ASUU D new lecturers will soon find reasons 2 strike again
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Gbajabiamila1: 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
There's no big deal housing N200 BILLION Naira in CBN pending when it'd be disbursed? #Economics. What type of agreement would you sign and say the AGF must sign too? They may evenwant Obama to sign too to show the Government's commitment... I laugh!
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by superstar1(m): 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
@farano:
If FG sacks lecturers , will he abolish ASUU D new lecturers will soon find reasons 2 strike again

It will be clearly stated on their offer letters that strike translates to no work no pay and strike beyond 14days is automatic sack. Simple.

Can't the lecturers look for new tactics instead of using the same tactics they have been using since 1980s,that has never yielded them anything.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Respect55(m): 12:17am On Nov 29, 2013
@Demdem n d likes,one tin is certain:it is either u r frm d north or ur parents belong to APC.since u r so blinded by tribalism dt u cnt applaud GEJ's contribution 2wards endin dis debilitatin ASUU strike,continue to live in ur isolated state til calamity befalls u

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by kalimera101: 12:21am On Nov 29, 2013
U are only shaking your head. Sorry.
But please eh, head shaker, employ me, I refuse to work for u for say 5 months, then after I tell u pay me my 5 months salary. Please shake ur head that time too. No one is adding a sentimental bullshit to this particular ASUU demand. In fact I say the demand itself is a load of crap. So stop shaking ur head and think with it. This is an Open case of Blackmail. If it's still shaking, get a POP

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by GboyegaD(m): 12:24am On Nov 29, 2013
Boss13: if I were the president, I would sack all lecturers on strike and open up vacancies to interested lecturers. This time their contract will be renegotiated with bumper package.

This will separate those who have passion for teaching and those who are just there for the money. I will also increase education budget to adequately fund universities.

I believe the sub-set of lecturers who don't love teaching will capture the bad eggs who molest female students, collect money for handouts and those who punish students at all will

And have worse graduates than what the system is current producing right?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by solelymade: 12:35am On Nov 29, 2013
God!!! I am so mad right now that thinking straight seems the most difficult task on earth. God help those who wish to help themselves.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Refusal To Raise PDP Flag Cause Uproar In Ondo State / Why We Dispersed Charly Boy's "Our Mumu Don Do" Protest - Police / Police Withdraw Tompolo’s Security Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.