Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

China Hates Black People - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Hates Black People (13301 Views)

Donald Trump: God's Whip For Black People? / I Can Relate To Black People, My Ancestors Once Owned Slaves – Mitt Romney / Do You Think Chinese Hate Black People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Hates Black People by DisGuy: 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2008
Blu Malam:

Did i hear someone say "ban made in china" goods?

AND

LMAO! C'mon, get real.
thats like saying stop the world isnt it? cool

candy:

It's not news that Chinese are very very racist. This story may be a western ploy to make China lose face in Africa, but behind every rumor, there is an element of truth. I have worked closely with Chinese and I have no iota of respect for them because of the impression they have about blacks and the fact that they don't see it as being racist but being careful! The earlier we kick china's ass out of naija market the better for everyone. cool

same goes for a lot of other races including black wink
Re: China Hates Black People by DisGuy: 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2008
ccording to Beijing Boyce, who has reported his independent findings about the SCMP claims on his blog, this might be just a case of miscommunication. Through his investigations, his sources tell him that bar owners were indeed asked to:

monitor black patrons. He [the bar owner] said the police told the reps that drug dealers are predominantly black in the area. He said the police did not ask bar owners to ban blacks.

As you can imagine, the story has spread like wildfire across blogs as well as more established media outlets. Even Shanghaiist's story was echoed verbatim on a Chinese blog. Not surprisingly though, while news outlets like The Age and Financial Times picked up the story in the context of the Beijing Olympics being "no-fun", latter commentary was less about the likelihood of Africans and Mongolians being turned away from bars but more about the SCMP's journalism.

Jeremy Goldkorn of Danwei comments:

, it seems highly unlikely that anyone with any real authority would "secretly" plan "to ban black people" from the city's bars.

The sources of the South China Morning Post are anonymous, and the paper does not seem to have any physical evidence to support the article.

Liam Fitspatrick from Time (in association with CNN) also recognises that:

The story, by Tom Miller and Peter Simpson, quotes an anonymous bar owner as saying that security officers forced him to sign a pledge that required him to prevent black people from entering his premises. A nameless “black British national” is also quoted, expressing his shock and disappointment.

The anonymity of the sources is also noticed by veteran blogger and China watcher Fons Tuinstra in the China Herald:

The proof of this was pretty flimsy: one anonymous bar-owner at Sanlitun.
I found the article remarkable for two reasons. First, because of its firm anti-China tone, while the South China Morning Post had adopted (as far as I could read them) since 1997 a pro-China tone that would even be considered nauseating by the editors of the China Daily.
Second, it fitted nicely into their old tradition in coming with firm allegations, based on nothing, so they could sell the next day their paper again with a firm denial of a false rumour they had created themselves in the first place.

seems adding a link to stories nowadays make them 'genuine' reports undecided
Re: China Hates Black People by Mpele(m): 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2008
Everybody hate blacks. Indians, White, Latinos, Islamists. What have black people done to deserve such hatred. My take is that blacks must take this in positive light. The fact that blacks are hated so much is that other races see them as threat. Blacks are clever people by nature, that's why every race hate them so much. If it wasn't for blacks the US would not have been so rich and beautiful. Blacks have made the USA what is it today. They have dominated the arts scene be it music and film. Its human nature to hate everything that is great and successful . eg America is hated by poor nations, Manchester United is hated lees successful clubs, South Africa is hated by other poorer African nations because of the booming economy.
What have the Chinese done really that makes them so great that they even see blacks as being sub-human. I mean thse people are ugly,shapeless,noisy and most of them are thugs.

Africa will eventually prevail!!!!!!
Re: China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2008
undecided

Hating back doesnt solve anything undecided
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2008
Cant tell how far that is true but the chinese folks i know here are some of the nicest people you'd ever meet.
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 23, 2008
They should hate us to death. As long as we continue to take shit from the rulers that kept us in bondage since independence, we do not deserve respect from nobody.
Re: China Hates Black People by BigB11(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2008
I'm not sure if they hate Black folks, but I'm 100% sure that they mostly do not respect black folks as much and they absolutely think they're better.

I personally do not care much for this group of people and I'm yet to discover one that is smarter than my folks.
Their business ethics is very poor and they're also shady in a lot of ways; even as students.

They speak no English, but get bunch of [b]A[/b]s in every single English class.

They will kiss your asss for many years as long as you have something that they want. I do not trust them, they have a lot in-common with the Indians.

The Girls are OK, but make sure they cut their nails if you plan to date them (they tend to scratch a lot during XOXOXOXO).
Re: China Hates Black People by tollu: 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2008
Gamine:

@Candy, i saw you asked for the meaning of my sig

Corgito ergo tum.

I think therefore YOU ARE.

Hmmmmm. I love it. Is this copyright material? What language is it?
As per topic: Sorry, can't be bothered therefore no comment.
Re: China Hates Black People by Orimili(m): 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2008
http://www.beijingboyce.com/2008/07/18/um-really-scmp-claims-beijing-to-ban-blacks-mongolians-at-bars/

While I think the Chinese can be racist (why not? everyone has a right to be), I think this story about them banning black people from bars is a bit exaggerated.
Re: China Hates Black People by naijaking1: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2008
China hates black people? Tell me something I don't know.
Who doesn't hate black people?
Whites hate people
Red Indians hate black people
Brown Latinos hate black people
Indians hate black people
Arabs hate black people
Black people hate black people.
Re: China Hates Black People by idupaul: 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2008
A report claims that bar owners in the 'party' section of Beijing were asked by the government to refuse service to black patrons.

I think they are trying to prevent black people from having alchohol related ailments during the event. grin
Re: China Hates Black People by abdurrazaq(m): 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2008
naijaking1:

Whites hate people
Arabs hate black people
Black people against all these people especially some other black people, na wa ooh cry
Re: China Hates Black People by idupaul: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2008
Whites hate people
Arabs hate black people

Oti.ooooo  this might be true ooo, because i hate black leaders grin
Re: China Hates Black People by Pataki: 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2008
candy:

Most Asians actually have this impression that black skin is a bad thing. Infact, they look down on their own people with darker skin colors and they see them as sufferheads and unfortunate people. The darker your skin color is as an Asian(especially Thais, Chinese, Malays, Indians), the slimmer your chances of getting a good wife/husband, job etc.! So, you should not be surprised that they feel this way towards a race that is predominantly black! Infact, Asians use more bleaching cream than Africans. . . they hate black color.

However, some of them are really nice and open minded and I must say I've met quite a lot of them, especially those selling goods to Africans and those outside China. I think they are good if you meet them on a neutral ground. I've not experienced their racism first-hand, but I have friends who have and the ones in my office always have one stupid question or the other to ask about Africa and Africans.
I have never experienced a Chinese hate in whatever way. In fact I have a good chinese friend. The first day I saw a chinese girl cry, was simply because she told me everyone in the world looks down and despises China.

How they are now able to hate black people still beats my imagination seriously. undecided
Re: China Hates Black People by Ibime(m): 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hehehe . . . . this guy Mpele again.

Anyway, I do not believe this news. I will believe it when it comes from a reputable news agency like Reuters, but any old link on the internet is not enough. I have a Ghanaian friend in China and she has never said that she experienced racism.
Re: China Hates Black People by morpheus24: 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2008
And if China man hate black man nko. I should stop breeding,  eh excuse my english that is I should stop breathing.

Look as long as I am alive and can see my loved ones everyday and take care of those around me. This doesn't concern me much only when any set of people try to hinder me from  enjoying this basic human right and threathen my very existence.

If it comes to that then I'll just have to do what I have to do, no mercy . You know what I mean!!!
Re: China Hates Black People by gabelogan(m): 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2008
i would definately not doubt the article because i know the chineese hate blacks and also look down on blacks, i even experienced it today.
Re: China Hates Black People by 4Play(m): 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2008
It's obvious this story isn't true.I'm not the biggest fan of China but you know a fable when you see one.
Re: China Hates Black People by chidichris(m): 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2008
the truth of the matter is that whatsoever name you call your dog, so shall the dog be addressed by outsiders.
our own people have made us slaves to those we are better than.
imagine a nigerian doing odd jobs in countries like malaysia, china, india etc.
our leaders have made us objects of mockery before them so why won't they toy with us.
untill our people especially leaders attach some level of importance to our persons, there will not be a short cut to our importance before outsiders.
Re: China Hates Black People by seyibrown(f): 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2008
If China does not want black people at the olympics, Don't go if you are BLACK!

Not sure about this story though cos there'll be quite a few black athletes at the games.
Re: China Hates Black People by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Jul 23, 2008
My kid sis was just in China and spoke of how the people were really nice to her especially cause she was not the same complexion as her pals. I am sure there are chinese racists but will you condemn a whole race cause of the sins of the few??

I am not sure of this story is close to reality as I do know of Nigerians living in China so I see no reason why the Olympics would cause the chinese to suddenly legislate racism. Does not make sense to me.
Re: China Hates Black People by pcicero(m): 5:03am On Jul 24, 2008
@ Gamine:
I think THEREFORE u are? Something like Rene Descartes' assertion?

As for the post, yes the idiots too can be racist. Once they have white skins, irrespective of whether they were peasants in their country, they would want to assume some superiority here. There are some arrogant Indians in my office too that i might have to report to the immigration. Our Oga thinks they are good in IT such that our COO (well known) is an indian , but in actual fact the buffons don't do anything around here.
I say they are the most inferior people on earth. Just look at their products,
Africa! When will u stand up for yourself?
Re: China Hates Black People by magentam(f): 5:21am On Jul 24, 2008
Jeez! "Different folks,different strokes". I work with the chinese and they have been in no way rude to me. Where did this come from? As for Indians, they are simply a delightful race.I have had them as friends and still having them as friends, even dated one and I had the best experiences of my life.I  gained and learnt soooo much in a short  period of time intellectually. Please drop this idiosyncrasy! You only think negatively if you have what I call "The slave mentality". If you see yourself as inferior, people will treat you inferior, even your very own black brothers. We are what we think we are, always remember this and stop the "HATING".
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 24, 2008
pcicero:

@ Gamine:
I think THEREFORE u are? Something like Rene Descartes' assertion?

Nope, that's "Cogito ergo sum": "I think therefore I am"(Descartes).
Re: China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2008
@Candy.

Why r u so on the issue of corgito ergo undecided

i think therefore Chinese people Are.
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2008
Gamine:

@Candy.

Why r u so on the issue of corgito ergo undecided

i think therefore Chinese people Are.

Because I am a Philosopher and "Cogito ergo sum" happens to be one of my all time favorite Philosophy quotes.
Re: China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2008
Hmm, i seeeee therefore i knowww
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2008
magentam:

You only think negatively if you have what I call "The slave mentality". If you see yourself as inferior, people will treat you inferior, even your very own black brothers. We are what we think we are, always remember this and stop the "HATING".
Are you saying all the black people who experience racism daily all over the world have a low opinion of themselves or simply have slave mentality like you suggested? That's so wrong! I can say I have not experienced Chinese racism first-hand, but it's because I have chosen not to bother myself with what they say or do,besides, I don't live in China. Take it or leave it; black people experience racism daily, having a high opinion of yourself can't stop it, it can only prevent you from feeling it. This has nothing to do with slave mentality. They don't have to call you black or inferior before they are racist, a gesture as simple as shrugging their shoulders, staring at you with their lips slightly twisted while walking past you is racism, though, like me, you may choose not to notice it.

Gamine:

Hmm, i seeeee therefore i knowww
grin grin grin
Re: China Hates Black People by sleekp1: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2008
I don't think Chinese officials would implicitly instruct bar staff not to serve Black visitors. This is a well orchestrated propaganda by the West to continue their age old domination of black people as we ponder to go East. Don't believe this hype.
Re: China Hates Black People by Orimili(m): 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2008
sleek_p:

I don't think Chinese officials would implicitly instruct bar staff not to serve Black visitors. This is a well orchestrated propaganda by the West to continue their age old domination of black people as we ponder to go East. Don't believe this hype.

Very true. I wrote a reply here some time ago with a link to a site which disproved such propaganda.
Re: China Hates Black People by Gamine(f): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2008
i be wan go China sef before i hear this tori.

i think say i go still go make i see firsthand and document

abi na.
Re: China Hates Black People by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2008
no comment lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton Resigns As US Secretary Of State / Gambian President,Jammeh, Bans Internet - International Calls During Election / Syrian Refugees Rescued Nigerian From Fire!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.