Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec (42678 Views)

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
rubbish,you will suffer what mtn suffer with vpn last month 5ogb download in weeks.smh
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
[quote author=duwdu]

My thoughts, exactly, thank you for articulating it so well!

The OP is an arrogant, uncouth S.O.B. Why the folk would ever think he/she could ever be a communicator, beats me. And the bloke did not even address the key issue: Why would Airtel want to suddenly and conveniently move their BB service out of class 10?

airtel has nothing to hide guy!!

As I said before, should a thief deservedly be dissatisfied when the house owner secures his house?
these plans are designed for bb alone and they only work on OUR Android devices due to glitches that have been fixed.

I won't trade insults with you here or ever. ppl have committed suicide before because of online bullying. ..
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by marvelling(m): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
marvelling: Wait o! If am using my BlackBerry as a modem with my airtel sim inside, hope it'll still connect, will the ban affect me
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
Deblow: If truly ur bosses are here also on nl and they close their eyes to ur rudeness and recklessness running ur mouth like a water tap, then it leaves much to be desired and speaks volumes of the kind of hierarchical discipline in this organisation called Airtel. Time will tell

Peeps should learn to read posts CAREFULLY! ! I never said I was representing airtel. Any view expressed here has nothing to do with AIRTEL and is just my own mind.

jeeeeeeeeeeeez! !!!!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
seanbond00: Op made claims that a lot of people use airtel bis on bb. Well, I beg to differ based on logical reasoning. Why on earth will I pay 1.500 for 2 gig when other networks gives me more than 2gig for 1k on BB. Secondly, why in my sane mind would I subscribe to a network that flunctuates and not reliable when compared to the others? Your bogus survey just doesn't add up! The only reason people managed your line was because of this 2gig offer on non bb devices. ANY SANE HUMAN BIENG WOULD GO FOR OTHER NEtWORKs wHEN USING A BB, PERIOD.

thanks God you mentioned 'LOGICAL REASONING'.

Now tell me which is more logical. Some one that judges with sentiments based on what he and his friends do or another person that judges with valid data at hand? ?

I'm a preacher of pragmatism.

check up 'collateral damage'
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by marvelling(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
kayswag100:

thanks God you mentioned 'LOGICAL REASONING'.

Now tell me which is more logical. Some one that judges with sentiments based on what he and his friends do or another person that judges with valid data at hand? ?

I'm a preacher of pragmatism.

check up 'collateral damage'

Answer my question na!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
fr3do: I understand mtn blocking their bis cos it wasn't capped
It is airtel I dont understand,ur plans are capped and slow
It cant be abused
Airtel fall their hand

another fallacy. Please be informed from today that ALL DATA PLANS RAN BY ALL mobile NETWORKS in NIGERIA HAVE A DATA CAP.

These values could just be more than others depending on the network. The data is ALWAYS managed by an account that may not be made known to you. EVEN THE CDMA networks with their so called hour-based subscriptions have data caps.
Google is your friend! !!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 9:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
marvelling:

Answer my question na!

sorry Sir. didnt quite see your question in time.

Indeed you can keep using your bb phone as a modem since you subscribed before 3rd (and continues till your current subscription elapses)

Any bb subscription done after 3rd (excluding bb10 plans) would be deposited in dedicated account 9 I mentioned earlier and it means you can no longer use your bb as a modem or tether or do hotspot.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Ayostically: 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
As much as l'm affectd by dis, l dont tink kayswag shud bear d brunt. He's only tryin 2 douse worries n clarify tinz. No b him say mek airtel witdraw d tin nw. Airtel services r rili poor, l tink its gud riddance 2 bad rubbish 4 most ppl or they r jst ventin dia disgust. In any case lets try 2 b less insultin

3 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by jmaine: 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
the OP is dead wrong . . .From tomorrow, all BB subcription on Non BB phone won't work Shikena . . . . .
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by solelymade: 10:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
How I wished I knew how to hack these stupid network system in Nigeria so pple can browse for free till devil knock some sense into them.
Make I forgive Airtel because dem announce dis unlike dat yeye mtn dat chose to knock pple out in their dreams.
To whoever made it possible for us to browse free wit mtn for 2 weeks, I say a big GOD BLESS YOU, Olorun a ma fun ese.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by luvola(m): 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
Airtel nig dooms
day is immiment. Tell your pay master
to use their medulla .. Assume i have a
B.B , so airtel B.B monthly package is
200 mb for 1k , etisalat : 3gig for 1k ,
glo - 3.75 gig for 1k , mtn - 3gig for 1k ..
As a rational human being , airtel
package will be the least that will be
selected. I wonder what your coy
strategic manager is thinking. Pheew

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
But why do you guys have to insult OP. Though he actually sounded arrogant. But he passed a good info...you don't have to waste ur mb.
BIS is blackberry internet subscription and not android internet subscription. What you guys fail to understand is that bis is actually cheap cos of RIM. All data from your blackberry device go through their servers and are compressed.

Google does not have such servers dedicated for android phones. Your android devices connect to the internet just like ur normal PC will do. Reducing cost of android subscription is more like reducing the normal internet for PCs.

I'm sure many if u guys actually bought an airtel line cos of data, just like me, thereby overloading their network and making the whole thing slow. They had customers b4 we all joined cos of the cheap data. The stuff does not pay them hence they have to shut it down. And yes the guy is right, u can keep using till u exhaust ur mb even after 3rd cos u were an active sub b4 then as data can not be moved from which ever account they are using to the restricted one that dedects BB devices. Trying to shut down the account may also affect BB users data...hence they can only restrict new subscribers to their new rule. You guys have enjoyed it enough..after all other networks shut Thiers down ever since...while blaming airtel? Na mtn night plan sure pass

5 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by wheesin(m): 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
[size=19pt] SHUT IT DOWN AND WE WILL BREAK YOUR SIMS....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... [/size]

please @op if you know u dont work for them shut up and get out angry

killer and official thread

The Airtel Sim Breaking Thread(T.A.S.B.T) - Phones - Nairaland - [url] https://www.nairaland.com/1539826/airtel-sim-breaking-thread-t.a.s.b.t#19947322 [/url]
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 11:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
jmaine: the OP is dead wrong . . .From tomorrow, all BB subcription on Non BB phone won't work Shikena . . . . .

as of when I'm writing this, it's 50 mins till tomorrow.

We'd see who's wrong. Please be practical! !!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
ladepete: But why do you guys have to insult OP. Though he actually sounded arrogant. But he passed a good info...you don't have to waste ur mb.
BIS is blackberry internet subscription and not android internet subscription. What you guys fail to understand is that bis is actually cheap cos of RIM. All data from your blackberry device go through their servers and are compressed.

Google does not have such servers dedicated for android phones. Your android devices connect to the internet just like ur normal PC will do. Reducing cost of android subscription is more like reducing the normal internet for PCs.

I'm sure many if u guys actually bought an airtel line cos of data, just like me, thereby overloading their network and making the whole thing slow. They had customers b4 we all joined cos of the cheap data. The stuff does not pay them hence they have to shut it down. And yes the guy is right, u can keep using till u exhaust ur mb even after 3rd cos u were an active sub b4 then as data can not be moved from which ever account they are using to the restricted one that dedects BB devices. Trying to shut down the account may also affect BB users data...hence they can only restrict new subscribers to their new rule. You guys have enjoyed it enough..after all other networks shut Thiers down ever since...while blaming airtel? Na mtn night plan sure pass

jeeeeeeeeeeeez! !!!. Wher have you been Sir?

well spoken! !! (even when u constructively criticised my presumed arrogance. lol! )

at last someone has understood all my loooooooooooong grammar! !

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by luvola(m): 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
kayswag100:

well spoken! !! (even when u constructively criticised my presumed arrogance. lol! )

can any one of your colleague subscribe for 200 mb for 1k ? I feel like given given you an E- slap here.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
kayswag100:

Lol. I'm sure your construction didn't make u hit the FP. The ranting and irateness thing.
luvola: can any one of your colleague subscribe for 200 mb for 1k ? I feel like given given you an E- slap here.

But other networks are virtually the same na. Eti is 200 then 60mb extra for 1k too. Mtn is something similar too.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by colinp(m): 12:07am On Dec 03, 2013
Lool, When airtel users say there's a casting down...
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by LeSaint(m): 12:14am On Dec 03, 2013
It's 6 minutes into 3rd Dec, and I had just successfully resubscribed my 1 month Unlimited BB sub about 10 min earlier! Talk of taking risks!
I had 106 MB left of the previous sub. Now my A10 shows 22620 MB, ie 2.26GB.
If you see this post, it means KAYSWAG100 is right - it still works (so far at least).

2 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by jmaine: 12:19am On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100:

You were right, still observing things . . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by ikbtn: 1:04am On Dec 03, 2013
Pls lets be matured and stop usin abusive words,the op was just helpin wit a useful info,hes not to be blamed,airtel is though de've rili tried by makin it possible for external smartfone users to excludin bb to surf d web wit cheap int service unlike other networks,nd dey handled this situation in a matured way by dissemating d information to its users. Were in naija nd i believe deres always goin 2 be a way out.we no dey carry last.lets just have high hopes of better internet service comin soon. #team switchin sim veri soon.lol

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Easyjay: 1:29am On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100:

errmmm. kayswag100, just have a question to ask... I saw this thread late... Will i still be able to use the internet if i susbcribe for the 3k 6gig data plan today (dec 3). probably in the afternoon?.. Just need your assurance if Yes or No
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by sapientia1(m): 3:06am On Dec 03, 2013
Its stil working on my phone oh
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 3:27am On Dec 03, 2013
And i jus use fear finish my own!!!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:58am On Dec 03, 2013
@kayswagg and ur other "back end" "front end" middle end sontin sontin.

u say u have been in this field a long time? Good. I'm sure u can remember when there was hunger games with your systems, breach after breach, glitch after glitch. the stress of blocking loopholes daily.
I'm surprised ur making back end mouth sha, considering that all you networks regularly needed audit and intervention from Expats to harden the system.

u know What stopped that ish? deal such as the Bb subscription thing. I can reliably tell u it was a deliberate trade off at the onset.

I guess u guys are now confident enough to move on eh? Well we shall return to the trenches, if for nothing else but to demonstrate the foolishness of this decision.

I hope your "back end" is now up to snuff. you guys now have A LOT of potential targets that u started in the name of promo this and that.

and for the record, your "back end" is the worst in Nigeria, followed closely by multilinks.

let the games begin. it will be fun. this time around you guys will need to justify your salaries sha take it to the bank

8 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 5:30am On Dec 03, 2013
Easyjay:

errmmm. kayswag100, just have a question to ask... I saw this thread late... Will i still be able to use the internet if i susbcribe for the 3k 6gig data plan today (dec 3). probably in the afternoon?.. Just need your assurance if Yes or No

based on Airtel's communication, Naaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. The subscription shouldn't work if you subscribe post 3rd.

Though I'm not sure if ban has actually taken effect today. Still waiting for the first sets of complaints to come up from customers. ...
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 5:39am On Dec 03, 2013
4llerbuntu: @kayswagg and ur other "back end" "front end" middle end sontin sontin.

u say u have been in this field a long time? Good. I'm sure u can remember when there was hunger games with your systems, breach after breach, glitch after glitch. the stress of blocking loopholes daily.
I'm surprised ur making back end mouth sha, considering that all you networks regularly needed audit and intervention from Expats to harden the system.

u know What stopped that ish? deal such as the Bb subscription thing. I can reliably tell u it was a deliberate trade off at the onset.

I guess u guys are now confident enough to move on eh? Well we shall return to the trenches, if for nothing else but to demonstrate the foolishness of this decision.

I hope your "back end" is now up to snuff. you guys now have A LOT of potential targets that u started in the name of promo this and that.

and for the record, your "back end" is the worst in Nigeria, followed closely by multilinks.

let the games begin. it will be fun. this time around you guys will need to justify your salaries sha take it to the bank

what the fuuuuuck is this one saying?
Be coherent please. All networks in the world spend millions yearly in Securing their systems. ..

there would always be glitches and there would be ppl always ready to fix them.

even Nippon, the largest mobile network in the world ha its challenges.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 5:44am On Dec 03, 2013
y'all,

I hope no one that subscribed pre-3rd had issues connecting?

now, has anyone subscribed post 3rd and it isn't working? Let me have your numbers and you shall be fully reimbursed withing 48hrs; while unsuccessful subscription will be taken away.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Easyjay: 6:37am On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100:

based on Airtel's communication, Naaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. The subscription shouldn't work if you subscribe post 3rd.

Though I'm not sure if ban has actually taken effect today. Still waiting for the first sets of complaints to come up from customers. ...
Ook, thanks and if there is any other exception, lemme know asap.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Sheggy13(m): 7:02am On Dec 03, 2013
ladepete: But why do you guys have to insult OP. Though he actually sounded arrogant. But he passed a good info...you don't have to waste ur mb.

Stop defending what you know little about..I left the UK some months ago this year and I was using both a bb and an android phone..Both subscriptions were charged at the same price from the T mobile network on a pay as you go basis.I paid 20 pounds each for both on a 6 month basis, that's like £3.33 (less than 850 naira) per month with enough data and the benefit of tethering on a PC..Why can't the likes of Airtel do that here, or is it a different Google there, from your explanation.. It's just pure greed. These folks know they can get away with anything here, that we would just rant and that's all. Of course there's Airtel in India but I'm quite sure they cant try this nonsense there..Our leaders and regulators have sold us out to these foreign companies.. What stops us from having affordable broadband all over the country. Same is happening with DSTV..really smh for this country, it's a pity tho.

3 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by bhaliz44(m): 7:03am On Dec 03, 2013
Hey! Gudnews to all airtel users, since airtel has decided not to allow everyone enjoy the BIS on other devices and pc again,we did panic because we know we surely gonna find a way outta this mess,but we hackers have done what we now how to do best by cracking out a new working cheat because no one can afford the expensive subscription airtel offers other device,so here we got a new cheat working perfectly on all device both android and pc,with this cheat you 648mb with 50naira,but it last for 3days..to get the code inbox me-->bdarapkid@gmail.com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative / New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / Unlock The New Mtn E3531 Online Dashboard Mordem (MTN F@stLink E3531)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.