Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,187 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec (42664 Views)

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kolidave: 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2013

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by W3xy1(m): 1:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100: Alryt! !!

I can authoritatively tel you all that from today, if you subscribe for a bb plan on android, it won't work! !!

It's currently working for only those that subscribed and still have data before 3rd!!

That should be all folks!!!!!
I subscribe lik a week back and nw my android is no more connecting o. My number is 07011794927
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kolidave: 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
W3xy1: I subscribe lik a week back and nw my android is no more connecting o. My number is 07011794927
how you take unlock the thread? No try am again ooo if u no want make I ban u

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shady16: 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
kolidave: how you take unlock the thread? No try am again ooo if u no want make I ban u

Lolzzzz cheesy cheesy
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 4:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
latino91:

Kay mine has stopped working..i subscribed for the 2gigs plan on sunday...and i still got a lot of data in there.
Btw...i didnt receive d warning text..plz help me.

then let me have your digits. There may be something else wrong with your line
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
W3xy1: I subscribe lik a week back and nw my android is no more connecting o. My number is 07011794927

Pls check your data balance and expiry date. I'd run checks on your line though
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shady16: 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
@ Kayswag100, mine is still flyin.. Grazie smiley
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
snoopy: @kayswag, is there any official explanation to the problems BB users have been experiencing this mornin? Browser, twitter for BB, facebook for BB apps are not working, even BB app world is not working. Currently posting this using operamini for BB which is strangely working. As at now ONLY BBM and operamini works on my BB and I also have friends who are experiencing the same thing.

non yet. Kindly call the cc for your issue to be escalated by an agent
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
Bawss1:

Copische? Seriously?

Why is this thread a Q&A thread if there are no answers.

I was hoping for some insight into why network operators restrict their services to certain devices as in this case the BIS to BB devices but all I got was a lame cop out about companies not disclosing their business plans. WTH. Oh well. Can't blame a dude for trying.

yeah! Really. ...

You will NEVER get an answer for that kind of question. Next you'll be asking why airtel charges me for first minute calls on certain packages.

This QnA is for only direct explanation y your bb subscription won't work on other devices from third. I'm not gonna tell you why (from the organisational level)
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by fr3do(m): 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100:

another fallacy. Please be informed from today that ALL DATA PLANS RAN BY ALL mobile NETWORKS in NIGERIA HAVE A DATA CAP.

These values could just be more than others depending on the network. The data is ALWAYS managed by an account that may not be made known to you. EVEN THE CDMA networks with their so called hour-based subscriptions have data caps.
Google is your friend! !!

Smart Alec
Mtn bis is unlimited
Your bandwidth is only reduced when u pass 3gig
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by duwdu: 9:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
fr3do:

Smart Alec
Mtn bis is unlimited

Thank you; not to speak of the FACT that it was truly & totally unlimited until just a couple of months ago when the "you've passed the '3gb' fair use threshold" throttling thingy began.

On the other hand, Zain was insisting to customers & openly advertising that its BIS bandwidth was unlimited, while hiding the FACT that it's been 1gb - later became 2gb, IIRC - all along.

Talk of a cunning, typical Indian man business mentality ISP. sad grin

P34c3
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by slightlyMad(f): 11:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
u go soon change name to mobitel, just watch

2 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by born2boink(m): 11:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
Deblow: I hate this guy's guts! He talked as if he owned Nigeria! Sheer arrogance and loads of disrespect to those whose monies pay your salary! Any fault of urs? Nay! We have an insensitive government in this country so, network providers like Airtel and others can choose to hold subscribers in servitude. If not, this charlatan in the garb of a lousy customer care agent wouldn't have come here to insult the sensibilities of multitudes of subscribers just because he can speak some grammar. He bluffed too much for my liking! U claimed u did ur survey or whatever before coming out with this obnoxious transfer and u concluded it wasn't going to have any negative effects on ur subscriber base! How naive and be clouded ur sense of reasoning are! You tried, albeit in an infantile fashion, to compare ur moribund Airtel to MTN that has remained so stable and has stood the test of time. Recall how many times Airtel had been sold over each time with a change of name and yet it's still struggling to survive? I don't and won't ever use Airtel sim for anything. For ur information, the worst MTN signal is better than the best Airtel signal and so it is all over the country. A yoruba adage will say "A nroju j'eko obun, obun tun nda eko e kere" meaning we are forcing ourselves to eat the pap made by a dirty woman, yet, she makes it expensive! If truly u are a CCA, then you are a bad one and a good example of how not to be a CCA. Pple like u will bring misfortune to the organisations u represent because u don't know how to appeal to the sensibilities of subscribers who indirectly put food on ur table. If Airtel is sold again, you are doomed!

Nairaland is made of people with wisdom, the guy is wiser than the entire airtel management. I wish Airtel CEO could read your post, walahi him go commit suicide at your proverb
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by MightyFortress: 11:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
Na wa oh.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by bisi16(m): 11:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
Good riddance ...
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by TomiSwag(m): 11:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
Deblow: I hate this guy's guts! He talked as if he owned Nigeria! Sheer arrogance and loads of disrespect to those whose monies pay your salary! Any fault of urs? Nay! We have an insensitive government in this country so, network providers like Airtel and others can choose to hold subscribers in servitude. If not, this charlatan in the garb of a lousy customer care agent wouldn't have come here to insult the sensibilities of multitudes of subscribers just because he can speak some grammar. He bluffed too much for my liking! U claimed u did ur survey or whatever before coming out with this obnoxious transfer and u concluded it wasn't going to have any negative effects on ur subscriber base! How naive and be clouded ur sense of reasoning are! You tried, albeit in an infantile fashion, to compare ur moribund Airtel to MTN that has remained so stable and has stood the test of time. Recall how many times Airtel had been sold over each time with a change of name and yet it's still struggling to survive? I don't and won't ever use Airtel sim for anything. For ur information, the worst MTN signal is better than the best Airtel signal and so it is all over the country. A yoruba adage will say "A nroju j'eko obun, obun tun nda eko e kere" meaning we are forcing ourselves to eat the pap made by a dirty woman, yet, she makes it expensive! If truly u are a CCA, then you are a bad one and a good example of how not to be a CCA. Pple like u will bring misfortune to the organisations u represent because u don't know how to appeal to the sensibilities of subscribers who indirectly put food on ur table. If Airtel is sold again, you are doomed!

Guy U gave d perfect reply but cool down na:..he might just be a kid!!!! Hehe
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Arosam(m): 11:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
SAKA will soon start advertising what airtel has just abadoned trust empty eh
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Cleanman(m): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
@kswagg...just no complain if airtel start salary cuts from losing customers....imagine going from #150,000/month to #55,000/month...
No be curse o!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 12:00am On Dec 04, 2013
fr3do:

Smart Alec
Mtn bis is unlimited

again, another fallacy! !!

That's what they would make you believe. Ask anyone that works in-house at mtn.

As I said before, some company's data cap is just higher than others! !
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by patrickmuf(m): 12:00am On Dec 04, 2013
Airtel please "go and die"
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Mubby4luv(m): 12:00am On Dec 04, 2013
12. Dot
The data service went off for few sec buh its now back.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Danchito: 12:01am On Dec 04, 2013
your network and nigeria network are dumb and yours is the worst

It is so folish to make bb subscription cheaper than normal data plans. It means you want people to browse only with bb and forget their laptops and other internet device......am breaking my airtel sim............airtel is dead
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 12:02am On Dec 04, 2013
Cleanman: @kswagg...just no complain if airtel start salary cuts from losing customers....imagine going from #150,000/month to #55,000/month...
No be curse o!

sir, there was a company called AIRTEL before y'all started using bb bundles on your TECNOS, GIONEES AND INFINIXES. LOL!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Blackheritage: 12:17am On Dec 04, 2013
jereal:

The difference is, a lot of ppl keep MTN as their main lines... & Airtel is just a secondary line used for gaining access to the internet...

I don't think I've made any calls with my Airtel sim is the past 3 yrs... & its not just me....

'somebody go dance for market them give am money, another person try, na beating him receive'

...& why exactly re bb subscriptions being moved to a different a account...is it cause MTN did it too...

do not underestimate the effect dissatisfied customers launching a campaign on social media have... compa nies like RIM, now BlackBerry made such mistakes...
my dear that's not true
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by spikesC(m): 12:20am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100: ...
these bb plans on other devices were never formal and happened due to a network glitch. ...

I met your thread just now, wish i got it earlier, i would have subscribed for more data.

BTW, your quote above is very wrong. I cannot give u proof but can authoritatively tell you that it is sooo very wrong.

When MTN blocked theirs, i made a research on the most cost effective data plan from other ISP. I got on airtel's website where it's actually stated that the BB plan works on ANDROID AND PC. Infact on any device.

The BB plan is unlimited on BB devices but will be capped if used on other devices.

Thank you for the info though, but you really don't have to defend your company.
Except ofcourse, you're ignorant of the ad on their webpage.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by LordAdam: 12:24am On Dec 04, 2013
fr3do:

Smart Alec
Mtn bis is unlimited

As a matter of fact, you're incorrect. MTN BIS is capped. Unfortunately, unlike other ISP BIS plans, there's no factual value of bandwidth allocated per plan (call CC if in doubt).

That said, the OP sure has an attitude. He strikes me as one of these privileged dudes who want to help but don't know how to. If he came off any less sympathetic, he'd still have incurred the wrath of some disgruntled forum members.

However, I can say with certainty that Airtel would do fine after this, they would certainly have lost part of their BIS revenue; but they'd gain the advantage of a less-burdened network. Exactly why other networks seem better at the moment.

GLO and ETISALAT BIS plans may be working on Android mobiles for now, but not for long. Historically, this lease by both networks are short-lived. We need affordable internet in the country, Airtel is at fault: MTN, ETISALAT, GLO are too. Please if you're deeply concerned about the rates stop taking it on Airtel, other networks are no better.

In closing, our ISPs are capitalists (so forgive their perceived insensitivities), and are ROACHES too. Deliberate or not, they do not have the infrastructure to support their large customer base (that has no problem with pumping their accounts full). This explains the frequent outages, terrible network et cetera. They're stretching their capacities to the limits while ripping us off in grand fashion.

I will purchase a glo bundle of 4GB for #5000 when my gigs on Airtel have been exhausted for PC use. I still have an OS 7.1 Blackberry device (because it is more pragmatic considering the state and pricing of Internet in Nigeria). That same price would get me an unlimited data plan in Ghana on the tigo network (do your research).

*For a country with the 8th largest number of internet users in the world, that is the third fastest growing economy in the world, to be the largest economy in Africa in 3 years time; we have an abysmal pricing of Internet services that begs for a review* Fact remains that we are Nigerians, in a country where anomalies are sanctioned, we are happy to suffer (rather engaging in meaningless frivolities), always swallowing whatever bundle of cr*p is thrown at us.

CURSE AND WHINE AS YOU WIILL, THE ISPS WILL ALWAYS HAVE THEIR WAY WITH HAVING US PAY SCANDALOUSLY FOR PRECARIOUS INTERNET SERVICES [unless something is done about it].

Lord Adam.

3 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by lolade123: 12:31am On Dec 04, 2013
@kswag, thanks for the info so far.IMO, for airtel not to lose it growing customer base to other networks, kindly suggest to your "Ogas at the top" to provide an AIS (Andriod Internet Service) of 1k for 1gb/month and 2.5k for 3gb for 3 month.I would stick with Airtel if this can be done.Thank your time and effort..God bless
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Picomon(m): 12:35am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100: Sir, I never said I was representing Airtel. All views expressed here are mine. Just giving a pragmatic approach to things.

My bosses are on nl too and know me; plus : I AM NOT A CC AGRNT!!!!

Won't feel sorry, when they get your crazy ass kicked out of the company.

To hell wid your damn Airtel, won't be surprised when they sell that shitty company someday.

Why can't you facking assholes roll out a fair data plan for Android users? This question goes to other facking networks too.

You're busy exploiting people off and ranting rubbish words on here. Instead of you and your facking bosses should find a way out and give other OS (android, windows et al) a gud data plan charges.

Y'all Airtel folks should go rejoice with a Mouth Action.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by somubz(m): 12:39am On Dec 04, 2013
Dear Subscriber, your subscription to Airtel BlackBerry BES service will expire in 1 day(s). Please reload your line with N1500 by Wed 4 Dec,2013. just received this to night... what is happening to airtel
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by mrofficial(m): 12:42am On Dec 04, 2013
[size=13pt]You guys are just killing yourselves over this. Buy a BB10 device and share the hotspot. That's what I do to have my Samsung S4 connected to the internet. Sane people wouldn't buy 1GB for 3k. We all know how apps on android update every second. That subscription amount isn't worthy for android devices. It's a total rip off.[/size]
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 12:50am On Dec 04, 2013
duwdu:

Thank you; not to speak of the FACT that it was truly & totally unlimited until just a couple of months ago when the "you've passed the '3gb' fair use threshold" throttling thingy began.

On the other hand, Zain was insisting to customers & openly advertising that its BIS bandwidth was unlimited, while hiding the FACT that it's been 1gb - later became 2gb, IIRC - all along.

Talk of a cunning, typical Indian man business mentality ISP. sad grin

P34c3

it was unlimited for only bb users. bb as u know (excluding bb10s)has unrivaled compression technology that I'm sure you're aware of. That plan has been renamed 'absolute'

Your Tecno/Gionee and Infinix (because that's what must of you use. lol! ) lacks that. undecided

as I said before, even with fair usage Policy, no network in Nigeria has real unlimited data.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 12:54am On Dec 04, 2013
spikes C:

I met your thread just now, wish i got it earlier, i would have subscribed for more data.

BTW, your quote above is very wrong. I cannot give u proof but can authoritatively tell you that it is sooo very wrong.

When MTN blocked theirs, i made a research on the most cost effective data plan from other ISP. I got on airtel's website where it's actually stated that the BB plan works on ANDROID AND PC. Infact on any device.

The BB plan is unlimited on BB devices but will be capped if used on other devices.

Thank you for the info though, but you really don't have to defend your company.
Except ofcourse, you're ignorant of the ad on their webpage.

Please enlighten yourself. AS I SAID BEFORE, BB PLANS ARE NOT AND WERE NEVER FORMAL ON ANDROID DEVICES! !!!!!!

The adverts you are seeing is for AIRTEL'S BBM BUNDLE ON ANDROID AND IOS.

Wher are these guys from? goooooooosh!

You can't open a thread on NL without an attitude. Even the Pope would get cursed if he's not on the offensive from the on set! !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative / New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / My Experience Using New Age Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.