Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec (42665 Views)

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:35am On Dec 04, 2013
@OP....thumbs up
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

my dear friend, I'm far from being a cc agent. Dat was 4 yrs ago. I'm sure you learnt something sha. lol!!

arrogance? NaaaĆ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! !! Just being factual. Did nt you read that I said this affects me on a way too? learn to be pragmatic and not hypothetical. if you do something, it doesn't mean others are doing same. didnt you do gst 102? I laughed when I saw a thread telling ppl to switch off their phones. This would only make data network faster.

Sorry to use this allegory. is a thief deservedly meant to be dissatisfied when the house owner secures his house? these bb plans on other devices were never formal and happened due to a network glitch.

know this fact: there are more bb subscribers on actual bb than there are on other devices.

As I said before, move on! !
wetin de wory u self...u tink say we de smile wit dis ur post??u better keep ur opinion to ur self oooo....if na airtel send u come...tell dem say u meet us.....but we strong pass u...nonsenze!!!!!!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by DONADAMS(m): 5:20am On Dec 04, 2013
wazoboy: Thanks OP, I ws tnkng my mony done go afta readng first pat of ur report.
Anyway, afta exhaustng dis data plan im having now, itz byebye for life t airtel! weda dey survey or not no b my concern, my concern na to luk fo d next cheapest available data plan fo my android!
Lol!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kenyarttar: 5:23am On Dec 04, 2013
LeJeun3: Report: Kayswag spoke lotta guys have been insulting and ranting..........

Pls follow this simple guide to keep enjoying Airtel BB plans on the network: Recharge ur SIM with N100.......... do a daily sub *440*17#, once it is successful dial *123*123# to confirm which account it will go to.

Pls pay attention now:
When you do the sub if it goes to Account 9 you have lost the ability to subscribe and use BB plans.
However, if it goes to Account 10 congratulations you still can enjoy the BB plans till the alien take over is complete.

Next: Send 'DEACTIVATE' in an sms to 440 to deactivate the daily plan then u can subscribe to the desired plan you want.

2GB N1500 *440*16# BBUM 1Month
6GB N3000 *440*016# BBUM3 3Months

Note: I have tried and tested this, i subscribed on my modem this night
PS: older lines will enjoy more of this privilege and as long as your Data is still in account 10 nothing will touch it.

Thanks to kayswag100's insider info i actually recharged before the 3rd so presently enjoying my 6gb for 3k.
Just tried your advice as stated above and it went to account 10. But the actual code i used is *440*21# (BB complete Daily) and it gave me 10mb for 24 hours, cost being only N70.
Will be topping up 3k this morning to get another 6gb giving me 12gb to rock until march 2014.
Many thanks!!!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by boofydon: 5:38am On Dec 04, 2013
LeJeun3: Report: Kayswag spoke lotta guys have been insulting and ranting..........

Pls follow this simple guide to keep enjoying Airtel BB plans on the network: Recharge ur SIM with N100.......... do a daily sub *440*17#, once it is successful dial *123*123# to confirm which account it will go to.

Pls pay attention now:
When you do the sub if it goes to Account 9 you have lost the ability to subscribe and use BB plans.
However, if it goes to Account 10 congratulations you still can enjoy the BB plans till the alien take over is complete.

Next: Send 'DEACTIVATE' in an sms to 440 to deactivate the daily plan then u can subscribe to the desired plan you want.

PS: older lines will enjoy more of this privilege and as long as your Data is still in account 10 nothing will touch it.
thanks man hav done it
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 5:43am On Dec 04, 2013
Dauchman:

Kayswag 100 to be honest I do not believe you work for airtel (even though you say these are your thots and not that of airtel), I say so because if you realized that from the moment you said you were an airtel staff that you became the face of the company then you would be very conscious about what you say here, knowing a lot of people here are the company's clients and therefore have a right to complain and ask for services which they pay and would pay for. You need to learn that the customer is King and as a service oriented company you are there to satisfy them courteously even when they are difficult.[b][/b]

As a take home you can compile the frustrations and worries of your clients who have expressed such here and take home to management, you never know, you might end up saving your company from a colossal loss of its data client base.

does it matter what the heck you think? Will you EVER IN YOUR LIFE know whether I'm a staff or not? -no!!

Why should I Lie that I'm a staff or not? Is there a price? I just opened this thread to assist this that contemplated wasting their mb pre 3rd and also explain why it won't work there after.

Wher would I get such info from?

not every thing is rocket science! !!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Yeske2(m): 5:45am On Dec 04, 2013

Pls pay attention now:

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:01am On Dec 04, 2013
Mr backend is still ranting with his unsolicited info.

weird enough a lot of the things he said are wrong. meaning he is merely seeking attention or is a charlatan. either way name d same thing.

fyi I can tell u there is already 1exploit in the wild now. on this your bis platform gangan

thanks o. you have been very helpful.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 6:05am On Dec 04, 2013
aux409: what took u so long? been expecting u to bring in the bill gate episode ever since, took like almost forever. chei! red flag!!!

oga, I'm not insomnic like you.

You don't know what a white flag is! ??

it means I give up. truce!!!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Charles545: 6:07am On Dec 04, 2013
Please op. explain A.10..watz d interpretation

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by reach4akan: 6:09am On Dec 04, 2013
3 words....bleeped up country
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:31am On Dec 04, 2013
you know what is really amusing about this whole scenario? blackberry is close to dead. literally.

they sent out a letter today begging the enterprise users not to listen to competition and switch from BES . it's that bad now......

these ones still think they have one major gem in bis that they can milk to improve balance sheet.

by the way, last time I checked, Globacom and Mtn own fibreoptic cables and backbones across this country. at this point if they ever decided to stop being so greedy and break this data cartel thing they will murder Airtel.

anyway, na to sell to Multilinks remain.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 6:33am On Dec 04, 2013
4llerbuntu: Mr backend is still ranting with his unsolicited info.

weird enough a lot of the things he said are wrong. meaning he is merely seeking attention or is a charlatan. either way name d same thing.

fyi I can tell u there is already 1exploit in the wild now. on this your bis platform gangan

thanks o. you have been very helpful.

what wrong info have I given here? You claim I was still helpful after all. Why would you contradict yourself? ?

Who am I seeking attention from? You? ?
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by otokx(m): 6:47am On Dec 04, 2013
God bless you kayswag100, why must some people always want to cut corners? They want the best yet are not ready to pay.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shereef19: 6:54am On Dec 04, 2013
e

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

sure. Thank me later. wink.

For you that is forecasting Airtel's downfall? pls tell me. Where has MTN fallen to? they still rake in billions monthly! Airtel's won't be an exeption. Don't you think a survey would have been done before this ban?

i ve got friends and family this would affect too.

two words: move on!!!!
dude dnt compare ur airtel with mtn, they came b4 u guys, and many pple hv it as their main line nd use it only 4 call and biz, while airtel was bought for data purposes just lyk pple lyk me, i dnt even knw my airtel number cos i dnt use it for calls so u guys beta think twice cos i may nt hv any use 4 ur sim again. Right nw pple are just scanning other netwrks was they find the right one the gutter ll b the dwelling place of most of ur sim cards.....mtcheeeeew
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kdf3449(m): 7:00am On Dec 04, 2013
kenyarttar:

Thanks to kayswag100's insider info i actually recharged before the 3rd so presently enjoying my 6gb for 3k.
Just tried your advice as stated above and it went to account 10. But the actual code i used is *440*21# (BB complete Daily) and it gave me 10mb for 24 hours, cost being only N70.
Will be topping up 3k this morning to get another 6gb giving me 12gb to rock until march 2014.
Many thanks!!!

I noticed my bb sub is still running in my iphone and i see 592.65 in my A10 account.Please if i want to do the 12gb sub,how do i do it? What is the code? Do i need to cancel this current sub or i can top it up? Thanks
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shereef19: 7:00am On Dec 04, 2013
Von Bismark:
dude dnt compare ur airtel with mtn, they came b4 u guys, and many pple hv it as their main line nd use it only 4 call and biz, while airtel was bought for data purposes just lyk pple lyk me, i dnt even knw my airtel number cos i dnt use it for calls so u guys beta think twice cos i may nt hv any use 4 ur sim again. Right nw pple are just scanning other netwrks was they find the right one the gutter ll b the dwelling place of most of ur sim cards.....mtcheeeeew
airtel is d premier mobile network. Mtn 2.5k for 4.5gig
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by AdeniyiA(m): 7:01am On Dec 04, 2013
hi Kayswagg, pls what can I do wt dis value A8 : 2545.28, which I got after dialling *123*123# ?
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kenyarttar: 7:01am On Dec 04, 2013

Pls pay attention now:

kenyarttar:

Many thanks!!!

Silly me seems one can't subscribe to the Airtel 2+1 BBoffer twice. So instead settled for BB Unlimited (*440*16# ), 2gb for N1,500 lasting 30 days. So i presently have over 7gb wink

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kdf3449(m): 7:02am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:

what wrong info have I given here? You claim I was still helpful after all. Why would you contradict yourself? ?

Who am I seeking attention from? You? ?

Abeg oga Kayswag,no be everything you go answer,some people are in NL just to look for wahala and quarrels !!! You have given your advise,people that needs it,will ask you reasonable question and not insult you. Please I noticed my bb sub is still running in my iphone and i see 592.65 in my A10 account.Please if i want to do the 12gb sub,how do i do it? What is the code? Do i need to cancel this current sub or i can top it up? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 04, 2013
@ kayswag100

i ditched my Airtel line long ago (2 years ago), have been using MTN and Etisalat, frankly your network offers the most unreliable services, unpleasant / unintelligent Customer care agents and generaly poor services.(i remember speaking to one who sounded like she sold pepper @ Isale Eko)

Do you have any idea how powerful Social media is nowadays? Frankly your posts smack of arrogance and apathy towards how your customers feel..
Dude Nigeria is changing, things wont always be liket this, there will come a time when companies will be held accountable.

Internet posts go viral in an instant and you are not doing a very good Job repping your company.

I have no interest ever using Airtel for anything, but i am only letting you know that you arent helping your company''s already negative image.

Do you know one of the things that makes Apple the most successful company in the world? Customer Service...

You could learn a thing or two from that
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kdf3449(m): 7:04am On Dec 04, 2013
kenyarttar:

Silly me seems one can't subscribe to the Airtel 2+1 BBoffer twice. So instead settled for BB Unlimited (*440*16# ), 2gb for N1,500 lasting 30 days. So i presently have over 7gb wink

I noticed my bb sub is still running in my iphone and i see 592.65 in my A10 account.Please if i want to do the 12gb sub,how do i do it? What is the code? Do i need to cancel this current sub or i can top it up? Thanks
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by stinville(m): 7:10am On Dec 04, 2013
@kayswag, u said that bb phone users are more than android users. Maybe so, but I can assure u that the number is fast dwindling. Again, what would it cost airtel to allow android or modem users to enjoy the bis subscriptions? It's not as if they are tapping this data for free. As a matter of fact such users exhaust their data faster than bb users and as such pay more than bb users. So Wich do u think is more beneficial to the company?
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kenyarttar: 7:12am On Dec 04, 2013
kdf3449:

1) first of all dial *440*21# (BB complete Daily). gives you 10mb for 24 hours, costing N70. If it increases balance on your A10 account than proceed to 2

2) Dial *440*016# (BB Unlimited 2+1), gives you 6gb for N3k lasting 90 days

3) additionally you may choose to top up again with *440*16#(BB Unlimited) gives you 2gb for N1,500 lasting 30 days

4) so you now have 8gb to flex for the next 90 days costing you N4.5k useable any time of the day.

Note that it's all a risk sha as per Airtel brain fit spark along the line but kayswag100 has assured us we're safe so that's a small consolation.

Please and please first try "1" above, and if outcome is negative (your A10 balance doesn't increase but instead goes to A9) if means Airtel has already blocked your line from using BIS on non-BB devices.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 04, 2013
kayswag100:
know this fact: there are more bb subscribers on actual bb than there are on other devices.

As I said before, move on! !
THIS GUY MUST HAVE LOST IT! you think u knw it all huh? you think u guys got it all figured out? whatever survey u guys made is so full of wrong facts, its full of lies, i hv a BB and an Android bt guess wat, i dnt use my BB cos the battery life is so annoying and Android is way better than it and also more fun, i just kept it at one corner of my room waiting for the day i ll get an INTERESTED BUYER(waited for so long nw loosing hope) i dnt even knw who to dash it to avoid getting insulted. And thats nt all, everyone i knw dat used to hv a BB also bought Android phones and nw hv the same problem....so guy dnt think u knw it all cos u obviosly knw nothing abt ur customers
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kdf3449(m): 7:16am On Dec 04, 2013
kenyarttar:

1) first of all dial *440*21# (BB complete Daily). gives you 10mb for 24 hours, costing N70. If it increases balance on your A10 account than proceed to 2

3) additionally you may choose to top up again with *440*16#(BB Unlimited) gives you 2gb for N1,500 lasting 30 days

4) so you now have 8gb to flex for the next 90 days costing you N4.5k useable any time of the day.

I just did it,the daily plan was added to my A10 account. I will recharge 4500 later so i can do the 8gb. I was sent a text that on how to disable auto renewal for the daily plan,should i go ahead?
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kenyarttar: 7:18am On Dec 04, 2013
kdf3449:

I just did it,the daily plan was added to my A10 account. I will recharge 3500 later so i can do the 8gb. I was sent a text that on how to disable auto renewal for the daily plan,should i go ahead?

Please go ahead. N3,500 can only give you 6gb sha. Reread my steps again.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by sniperwolf(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2013
In a short sentence. Why not get a moderate data plan to can substitute the BIS you are about to block? Whether 2gb is used on a BB or a non BB phone, it still remains 2gb.

EOD
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kdf3449(m): 7:21am On Dec 04, 2013
kenyarttar:

Please go ahead. N3,500 can only give you 6gb sha. Reread my steps again.

Yeah i saw the mistake,i meant 4500. Pls am on the 1sim plan but i notice my bonus doesn't stay for 7 days as you have said earlier in this post.If i have weekday bonus from on Thursday for instance,if i don't use it before Saturday,it always go back to 0. I don't know if i have to use the weekday bonus BEFORE weekend or if it last for 7days whether weekend or weekday?
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by knytred: 7:24am On Dec 04, 2013
[quote author=kenyarttar]

Note that it's all a risk sha as per Airtel brain fit spark along the line but kayswag100 has assured us we're safe so that's a small consolation.

Please and please first try "1" above, and if outcome is negative (your A10 balance doesn't increase but instead goes to A9) if means Airtel has already blocked your line from using BIS on non-BB devices.[/quote
Pls i still have mb on my fone can i still top up? Must i do differnt plans cant i top up with the same plans and after i get the 10mb do i nees to deactivate...remember i said i still have like 700mb now should i deactivate that]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative / New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / My Experience Using New Age Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.