Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec (42662 Views)

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Sheggy13(m): 7:11am On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100: y'all,

I hope no one that subscribed pre-3rd had issues connecting?

now, has anyone subscribed post 3rd and it isn't working? Let me have your numbers and you shall be fully reimbursed withing 48hrs; while unsuccessful subscription will be taken away.

You guys were only relevant cos of your cheaper browsing plan that accommodated all devices. Otherwise you're no match for MTN, Etisalat and even glo.. Those ones don't need marketers to beg you on the streets to use their SIMs cos they have a semblance of good network signal and data quality as per Nigerian standards unlike Airtel. So comparing Airtel to them is just being overambitious.. Anyways just watch how your SIMs will litter trash cans across the country onward few weeks from now and perhaps you'll sell off to a new company again like it's your norm lol..

2 Likes

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 7:12am On Dec 03, 2013
bhaliz44: Hey! Gudnews to all airtel users, since airtel has decided not to allow everyone enjoy the BIS on other devices and pc again,we did panic because we know we surely gonna find a way outta this mess,but we hackers have done what we now how to do best by cracking out a new working cheat because no one can afford the expensive subscription airtel offers other device,so here we got a new cheat working perfectly on all device both android and pc,with this cheat you 648mb with 50naira,but it last for 3days..to get the code inbox me-->bdarapkid@gmail.com

folks,

beware! scam alert! !
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 7:15am On Dec 03, 2013
Alryt! !!

I can authoritatively tel you all that from today, if you subscribe for a bb plan on android, it won't work! !!

It's currently working for only those that subscribed and still have data before 3rd!!

That should be all folks!!!!!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100: Alryt! !!

I can authoritatively tel you all that from today, if you subscribe for a bb plan on android, it won't work! !!

It's currently working for only those that subscribed and still have data before 3rd!!

That should be all folks!!!!!

close ur mouth jooor!!!!..it has stopped working on my Android ni....
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by JECBOSS: 7:33am On Dec 03, 2013
Linqsz:

It's still working. That's what I'm using to post this.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Moxie4lyf(m): 7:44am On Dec 03, 2013
Believe you me, I've been downloading from youtube for the past 2days...When I Got the news, i checked my Mb and i had 4.5gb remaining...(how that kind data go just waste like that)..
I began using my Uc web to download videos on sunday afternoon; thank God for Nepa light, I just plugged my phone for charging while download continues...just to meet the deadline...
As at few minutes to 3rd dec, i had downloaded just 1gb(this network slow ehnn)...But am not giving up, am stil downloading...
I woke up this mornin, tried browsing and yeaaa, i can browse...
My download is stil ongoing....
Airtel thanks for not wiping my remainin data, at least i can use it till february before it expires...
But after my Data expires in february, na porting things ooo,...
For this Airtel Sim I use today, I shall use again no more

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shady16: 7:47am On Dec 03, 2013
luvola: can any one of your colleague subscribe for 200 mb for 1k ? I feel like given given you an E- slap here.

Lolzzzz cheesy cheesy This Luvola ehhhn cheesy
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shady16: 7:53am On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100:
I won't trade insults with you here or ever. ppl
have committed suicide before because of
online bullying. ..

Na u get time to d reply dose ppl.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shady16: 8:17am On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100: Alryt! !!

But wait o, does it affect only android? It seems only android is mentioned right from page one. If so, when mine finishes I'll subscribe again grin
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Inik(m): 8:42am On Dec 03, 2013
I subscribed last night for the 2gb bis plan and its still working now. I wanted to be on the safe side otherwise i would have gone for the 6gb plan. Thanks to kayswag for providing the info in good time.

Airtel should as a matter of urgency increase their internet data bandwidth for non bb users if they want to retain the large number of aggrieved subscribers. How can they expect someone who has been flexing 2gb/4gb for N1,500 to suddenly start using a miserable 200mb for N1000?. I'll take 1gb for N1000 at this point.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 8:55am On Dec 03, 2013
Linqsz:

please read between the lines and learn how to pay attention to detail.

I said if you subscribed before 3rd, it'd work.

Only when you subscribe on or after 3rd that you won't be able to use it on other devices.

gooosh!! Where are these guys from? ??
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Bawss1(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2013
I was hoping to find a fitting explaination of this move by Airtel by all the OP has offered till now is talk of moving certain serivces from one account to the other.

Again: What informed this decision? What are the gains for Airtel? Since this is a practise common among the other GSM
operators in this country can someone in the know please educate inquiring minds why this is done.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 9:01am On Dec 03, 2013
Bawss1: I was hoping to find a fitting explaination of this move by Airtel by all the OP has offered till now is talk of moving certain serivces from one account to the other.

Again: What informed this decision? What are the gains for Airtel? Since this is a practise common among the other GSM
operators in this country can someone in the know please educate inquiring minds why this is done.

oga, do all businesses announce their business plans to the public?

I'm just offering a practical explanation as to why it won't work on other devices not motive for the ban.

copische?
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 9:06am On Dec 03, 2013
Inik: I subscribed last night for the 2gb bis plan and its still working now. I wanted to be on the safe side otherwise i would have gone for the 6gb plan. Thanks to kayswag for providing the info in good time.

Airtel should as a matter of urgency increase their internet data bandwidth for non bb users if they want to retain the large number of aggrieved subscribers. How can they expect someone who has been flexing 2gb/4gb for N1,500 to suddenly start using a miserable 200mb for N1000?. I'll take 1gb for N1000 at this point.

You should have pushed your subscription forward before 3rd.

I knw a friend that has 54gb on his htc phone that expires march 2015. He just kept activating yesterday. ...

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shady16: 9:08am On Dec 03, 2013
Close this thread so you have peace. Else be ready for Angry Non BB Users smiley
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shady16: 9:10am On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100:

You should have pushed your subscription forward before 3rd.

I knw a friend that has 54gb on his htc phone that expires march 2015. He just kept activating yesterday. ...

Late info. sad I'd have pushed mine to, at least, 20GB. Damn!
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 03, 2013
Sheggy13:

Stop defending what you know little about..I left the UK some months ago this year and I was using both a bb and an android phone..Both subscriptions were charged at the same price from the T mobile network on a pay as you go basis.I paid 20 pounds each for both on a 6 month basis, that's like £3.33 (less than 850 naira) per month with enough data and the benefit of tethering on a PC..Why can't the likes of Airtel do that here, or is it a different Google there, from your explanation.. It's just pure greed. These folks know they can get away with anything here, that we would just rant and that's all. Of course there's Airtel in India but I'm quite sure they cant try this nonsense there..Our leaders and regulators have sold us out to these foreign companies.. What stops us from having affordable broadband all over the country. Same is happening with DSTV..really smh for this country, it's a pity tho.

Hey man they have cheap internet services around the world OK. Was talking about nigeria here. RIMs effort to subsidize data may just be of little need to them cos they already had good and cheap internet services.You blame our government for the ish....that's what web gonna be going tru here until something is done about it by our government. I'm not defending any network here just trying to be logical here as regards the situation restricted to Nigeria and not the international community.If you could not understand my post well you ask ?s OK. Im also a victim here u knw. Plz do a research about the 'BIS' thing using Google before telling me I knw little. If you are so pained about it kindly go back to the UK. And Mr I'm sure their are stuffs attached to the 20pd u talked about the same way when u get a branded phone for networks here, you see things like 500mb data free for 12months and all that. Thethering and mobile hotspot works when u on a data plan. Just BIS that was blocked, do a research its not only in Nigeria that mobile hotspot was blocked from BIS subscribers.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kayswag100(m): 9:14am On Dec 03, 2013
shady16: Close this thread so you have peace. Else be ready for Angry Non BB Users smiley

yeah yeah! ! Bring it on! !!.

meanwhile, for those that have LEGAL bb bundles on bb phones, you can now check your remaining mb balance by dialling *223#.

Those that subcribed before 3rd or have regular data plans/ bb 10 plans can still dial*141*712*0# to view data balance.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 03, 2013
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Tmonex: 9:21am On Dec 03, 2013
shit! And why am i just seeing this now...na arnd past 1am i sleep today tinkn my mb'll vansh..i burned everytin untill it ws as little as 250kb...abeg who dn test subscribe 2day.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by s3nn2x(m): 9:44am On Dec 03, 2013
Thanks to Airtel's crappy network, I was not able to exhaust my data.

Waking up today, I found that I could still surf the web.

I go just dey manage my 7GB till it expires in January, after that, na to go back to my darling MTN.

I just bought an airtel because of BIS, but since it is not working....

At least Airtel tried by informing us, I wonder if any other network has ever done such before.

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by DJDOLA(m): 10:03am On Dec 03, 2013
I still don't understand why all android users are making noise oooo.....d bb plan is for blackberry users not android plan....android as is own plan so go and subscribe 2 android plan and stop making noise here....if u can't subscribe 2 android plan then sell it and buy blackberry so u can use d bb plan for just 1k...meanwhile I get bold5 for sale..I don upgrade 2 Z10

1 Like

Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2013
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 03, 2013
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by ugeeanyanwu: 10:57am On Dec 03, 2013
It's funny. Nigeria is one of d major countries in touch with communication gadgets, bb, Techno and all dat. y wldnt d means of cheaper communication be developed here too? or r our mobile network services waiting for a foreign competitor?
hmmm, as for Airtel: I had much luv for ur relatively high bundle at cheaper rates. I got my Airtel and glo sim sometime last yr buh truth b said: I hv bin Well known wit my mtn, I call other networks wt my glo and use Airtel strictly for internet activities. I don't even hv my Airtel number offhrt. if u guys want to remain relevant in d mobile network services bizz, I suggest u remain as u were or provide alternative plans for ur already growing android users customers. Cheers.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by snoopy(m): 11:48am On Dec 03, 2013
@kayswag, is there any official explanation to the problems BB users have been experiencing this mornin? Browser, twitter for BB, facebook for BB apps are not working, even BB app world is not working. Currently posting this using operamini for BB which is strangely working. As at now ONLY BBM and operamini works on my BB and I also have friends who are experiencing the same thing.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by Bawss1(m): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100:

oga, do all businesses announce their business plans to the public?

I'm just offering a practical explanation as to why it won't work on other devices not motive for the ban.

copische?

Copische? Seriously?

Why is this thread a Q&A thread if there are no answers.

I was hoping for some insight into why network operators restrict their services to certain devices as in this case the BIS to BB devices but all I got was a lame cop out about companies not disclosing their business plans. WTH. Oh well. Can't blame a dude for trying.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by latino91(m): 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100: y'all,

I hope no one that subscribed pre-3rd had issues connecting?

now, has anyone subscribed post 3rd and it isn't working? Let me have your numbers and you shall be fully reimbursed withing 48hrs; while unsuccessful subscription will be taken away.

Kay mine has stopped working..i subscribed for the 2gigs plan on sunday...and i still got a lot of data in there.
Btw...i didnt receive d warning text..plz help me.
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by sleeky007(m): 1:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
OCTAVO:
I can see that you are so clueless on this matter. Also, you have a very rude approach.

Don't mind d mongul..let's agree dt there are more bb subscribers on actual bb than on oda devices but how many of dem use airtel's useless netwrk? Wen we have d blazing 3G of glo and 3.5 of mtn...we dey even manage their netwrk dem dey misbehave...useless netwrk...@OP...go and die..
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by sleeky007(m): 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
kayswag100:

thanks God you mentioned 'LOGICAL REASONING'.

Now tell me which is more logical. Some one that judges with sentiments based on what he and his friends do or another person that judges with valid data at hand? ?

I'm a preacher of pragmatism.

check up 'collateral damage'

Guy,pls sharrap abeg...can't u see u are losing dis battle? Worse part is,airtel no go even pay u one dime for all dis nonsense wey u dey do for here... Stop dis nonsense pls...
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by kennyhydee(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
mtcheeeewwww.I pity these Airtel pple angry
Re: Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec by shegzy4luv(m): 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
THREAD CLOSED!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative / New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / My Experience Using New Age Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.