Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? (6527 Views)

Why Do Guys Feel Intimidated By Girls With Cars? / Do Guys Actually Like Slim Girls? / Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by shylladear(f): 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2008
just one word for a guy who beats a lady

"coward"
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2008
@ onyinye and ruby pearl

fortunately, i don't have a sister

there is no need to get all emotional, its just my opinion
I said FEMALE FAMILY MEMBERS.
Does not necessarily mean your sis.
I'm not getting emotional either, just my opinion
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by nonso3k(m): 2:03pm On Jul 28, 2008
to me nothing ll justify your beating ur spouse.men that do that wont even fight outside,they only want to justify thier strength on them wife.shame
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by nonso3k(m): 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2008
right?
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by gabelogan(m): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2008
nonso3k:

right?

wrong
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by JasmineSie(f): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2008
i believe it is an act of cowardice in most cases, the guy wants to show the lady dat he's boss,though me being a girl and knowing our specie i know we culd be rather annoying and though most girls deserve a beating it really tell on the upbringing of the guy and the kind of environment he grew up his ability to control himself and if he even sees what he's doin as being wrong. then again some men have a really short fuse n are used to hitting as a way of earning respect while some other guys feel intimidated by by d lady,either she's more intelligent or something and they feel the way of making her submit or pass across a point is by hitting her.
@ruby_pearl
i feel u jere cos d damage the guy does to d gal is not only physical,it affects are mentally and demoralizes her,leading to very low self-esteem and lack of self-confidence which can lead to suicide.
@gamine
i trust u,but na hell d guy go c no be heaven,u know heaven is a beautiful place can't afford having their likes there

@gabe_logan
@ RUBY_PEARL
call it what u want to call it, i just feel a stubborn woman needs a little discipline at times and a little beating goes a long way in instilling discipline in a woman.
afterall, we beat kids so that they'll behave themselves and respect us dnt we?
m sure u v done it lots of tyms n u are just looking for a means of self justification it really tells d kind of home u grew up from if u think ur chic or wife should be treated like a kid and the only way to earn respect is by beating u mos have a really low self esteem or poor speking ability.
ur chic u set strt must v been stupidly in love,daft,ugly,had a reaally low selfeteem or smtn else,mayb u jazzed her.after ur"setting her straight" are u guys still 2geda?
plus u dey vex me sef wetin u don do for d gal u don pay her dowry or u buy her motor.u mean u culdnt do anything to earn her respect but beat her,damn dats really low u'd better get off ur high horse and adjust ur attitude before u get married,i mean imagine it was ur dad that was saying he set ur mom strt dont u know it even has a psychological effect on children hearing their parents fight,u need a major relook into ur attitude,women need respect just as men do and are as important because u r d head doesnt mean u should beat up every oda memberr of ur family.

fear and respect go hand in hand. a woman should have respect and the fear of her man in her heart

why should men be feared by women u be God abi no be woman born u,respect is reciprocal u can only instill fear n create a polite robot who does as expected/programmed,dat is not respect.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by gabelogan(m): 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ jasmine

wow yawns what a long sermon
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Busta(f): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2008
A guy that beats a woman is nuthing but an Immature Coward!
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Gamine(f): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2008
@Jasmine.

hehehehe grin grin grin, i be just want God to forgive am, na the CU thing to do

Gabe logan,

Who brought this trash in

fugly ungly human being
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by nonso3k(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2008
hw many guys u don fight for ur whole life pretty?
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by yemivictor: 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2008
Busta:

A guy that beats a woman is nuthing but an Immature Coward!

Yeah, and a woman that gets beaten up, again & again like a donkey, definitely has a screw loose in her head! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Busta(f): 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2008
yemivictor:

Yeah, and a woman that gets beaten up, again & again like a donkey, definitely has a screw loose in her head! tongue tongue tongue

best thing is to ignore her or just walk out on her . . . a man that keeps punching her is a big, ol ugly buffoon!!
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by studio43(m): 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
well, if slapping her is the best solution to keep her quiet, just do it wink
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by albridge(m): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2008
because some women dont know when to stop talking and some men dont have enough sense to restrain themselves cool
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by yemivictor: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2008
Busta:

best thing is to ignore her or just walk out on her . . . a man that keeps punching her is a big, ol ugly buffoon!!

Did you read the post on some thread (don't remember the exact topic now) where the husband was going to do this exact same thing that you're recommending!

Do you know what the wife did!? sad

She ran after the husband outdoors, stripped herself to her undies (married woman with kids), lied on the bonnet of her husband's car, and started raining invectives on him @ the top of her lungs!!

What say you!? grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2008
@topic
Hmmm
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Busta(f): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2008
yemivictor:

Did you read the post on some thread (don't remember the exact topic now) where the husband was going to do this exact same thing that you're recommending!

She ran after the husband outdoors, stripped herself to her undies (married woman with kids), lied on the bonnet of her husband's car, and started raining invectives on him @ the top of her lungs!!

In dat kinda situation/case . . . . I pity him . . wonder how he found himself a village drame queen like dat?
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by gabelogan(m): 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2008
Gamine:

Gabe logan,

Who brought this trash in

fugly ungly human being

hey, wetin concern u? was i talkin to you?
and what has my looks got to do with anything?
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by yemivictor: 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2008
Busta:

In that kind of situation/case . . . . I pity him . . wonder how he found himself a village drame queen like that?

She could have been a sophisticated & well educated woman for all you know! grin

But that is beside the point, which is, there are terrible people regardless of gender, opari! tongue
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Baxilexi(m): 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2008
@topic, this is a topic that my grand parents discussed nowadays i dont believe a lot of guys hit ladies, first of all the constitution, is against it, and secondly how about ladies that hit men,

you get to see women hitting men more than men hitting them.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Busta(f): 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2008
yemivictor:

She could have been a sophisticated & well educated woman for all you know! grin

But that is beside the point, which is, there are terrible people regardless of gender, opari! tongue

True. . . .he should have know the kinda woman he married.
beating her all the time obviously does not solve the problem.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2008
yemivictor:

What an energetic woman. Sooo passionate. Everyman should consider himself lucky of having such a force of nature!
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Busta(f): 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2008
michelin89:

What an energetic woman. Sooo passionate. Everyman should consider himself lucky of having such a force of nature!

hehehehehe . . .abi?
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2008
Busta:

hehehehehe . . .abi?

abi ooo! grin
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by AmakaOne(f): 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2008
first he will beat his wife then it will end up like this abi?

Nigerian kills wife in Maryland, US

- Masterweb News Desk

( Friday, January 5, 2007 )

Send Comments To Masterweb

"Emeruwa later that morning apparently in the climax of an argument stabbed his wife to death. "

A Nigerian woman was found murdered in a Burtonsville, Maryland, U.S. home she lived with her husband and three children. Police responding to a report of an unconscious woman, found the lifeless body of 36-year-old Chidiebere Omenihu Ochulo around 2:30 a.m, Monday at their home. There was no sign of her 41-year-old husband, Kelechi Charles Emeruwa and their three children. Mr. Emeruwa was seen washing a blood stained knife according to unconfirmed reports. He was believed to have fled the city with the children.

Police on failing to locate Mr. Emeruwa and the children at their home, commenced a manhunt for the suspect and issued an Amber Alert on the missing children. The children who share the last name Emeruwa, are Elijah(4), Antinnoe(6) and Jachi(cool. Amber Alert is a U.S. voluntary partnership program between law-enforcement agencies, broadcasters, and transportation agencies to activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child-abduction cases. Broadcasters use the Emergency Alert System (EAS) to air a description of the abducted child and suspected abductor.

The deceased had filed domestic violence complaints with authorities in the past, also called the police to their home on several occasions Emeruwa was abusive to her. In January 2006, Emeruwa was charged with second-degree assault for head-butting his wife twice in the lip, according to court documents filed in Prince George’s County. The troubled relationship made Emeruwa’s family members concerned of Ochulo's safety.

Around 6:15 p.m the same day a car matching the description of the suspect's was spotted in Olney, one of the neighboring towns. The witness contacted police who pursued the car, with the suspect ramming several cruisers and police cars before coming to a halt at a dead end. Police thereafter shot out the tires.

Police arrested the suspect, 41-year-old Kelechi Charles Emeruwa, on a first-degree murder warrant in the death of his wife. The children were unharmed and taken into custody by police. The children would be cared for by Child Protective Services until they could be placed with family members, according to police.

Emeruwa was charged in court the following day, Tuesday, with the murder of his wife. The suspect, wearing a green jumpsuit, appeared via closed-circuit television for the hearing in Montgomery County District Court in Rockville. The judge ordered him to turn over his passport and held him without bond. Charging documents indicate the suspect stayed with the children at their family home while his wife traveled to Nigeria.

On Monday, Emeruwa drove to Dulles Airport to pick up the wife upon her arrival from Nigeria. Ochulo was upset with the husband for driving her car. Emeruwa later that morning apparently in the climax of an argument stabbed his wife to death. Their three children may have witnessed part of the attack. Ikenna, the suspect’s brother called police after he arrived the couple's home and found Ochulo sprawled on the floor with the whereabouts of other members of the family unknown.

A preliminary hearing in the case is set for January 26

Nonsense!!
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by AmakaOne(f): 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2008
or like this?

A Nigerian woman has been murdered in Dallas Texas, United States of America, a day after her 46th birthday. Mrs Monireti Abeni Akeredolu, a nurse, was shot in the head four times in her car by a gunman who calmly drove away after the dastardly act.

A witness at Mayhield apartments, 2900 Block, Mayfield Road, where the incident happened on September 8, 2005, said the killer drove a Lexus car.

Among those arrested by detective was Monireti’s estranged husband of 16 years, Ebenezer Akeredolu, 48. He was said to have been arrested by the police four hours after the murder, after he allegedly crashed his Lexus car.

Mr Akeredolu was charged with murder, but later granted bail in the sum of $100,000. It was further learnt that he has remained in prison custody following his inability to meet the bail conditions. The murder trial continues.
Already, the tragedy has sparked a row between the families of the couple, both of whom hailed from Owo town in Ondo State.

Angry relatives of the deceased were said to have stormed the husband’s family compound spoiling for war. They reportedly, however, met the compound deserted, the inhabitants having fled on getting wind of the impending reprisal attack.
A family source told Daily Sun that Monireti’s death was particularly painful as she was the bread winner of the family. Before her death, Monireti allegedly complained several times to her relations about the trouble in her marriage, but efforts to resolve the rift came to nought.

It was gathered that the couple’s marriage hit the rock when Akeredolu allegedly fell from being a rich man who bought designer wears for his wife, to one who sold ice cream in Atlanta, Georgia. He had also allegedly lost his big mansion by the lake in Arlington, a Dallas suburb and a fleet of cars.

Akeredolu was said to have told friends that he suspected his wife was having an affair. He was said to have later discovered that the man dating his wife was a Nigeria-based notable entertainment promoter and socialite (names withheld), married to a popular Yoruba actress (names withheld). It was learnt that aside the popular actress who had two kids for the socialite, the man has another wife in London.

One of Monireti’s friends said: "It was her determination to keep her relationship with… that caused this mess. She worked hard here in the States but spent it all on… She went to Nigeria more than three times this year to see him."

When Monireti’s belongings were being moved from her apartment, several Western Union money transfer receipts to the tune of thousands of dollars sent to the entertainment promoter were found.
Daily Sun gathered that friends and relatives converged on September 17, at the Moore Funeral Home, 1219 N. Davis, off Randol Mill Road, Arlington Texas, to say goodbye to Monireti. A trust fund has been set up by friends for her son, Ebenezer Akeredolu, Jnr.
The deceased is survived by her mother, Mrs Animotu Adetula, a brother and two sisters. angry angry
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by AmakaOne(f): 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2008
I swear all these naija men beating up on their wives have serious self esteem issues. They have seriously faulty home training in my own opinion. angry

I don't even know why I am on this topic sef.

the thing just vexes me no end
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by nonso3k(m): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2008
just pray u dnt find urself in em shoes ladies undecided
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by oladypopsy(f): 2:16pm On Aug 01, 2008
it is called CRAZINESS, and such MAN lack HOME TRAINING 'cos knowing how to treat your lady is part of training given by parents.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by nonso3k(m): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2008
u re a true yoruba guy 4 real
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by richty: 12:27pm On Aug 02, 2008
not all men dose that, most of the men that dose it are not normal as far as am consine
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by nonso3k(m): 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2008
motion supported

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Black Babes Are The Code (photos) / Could Sha Be Cheating After Seeing This On Her Phone. / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: Why Sex With Your Sister Makes Disabled Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.