Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? (6529 Views)

Why Do Guys Feel Intimidated By Girls With Cars? / Do Guys Actually Like Slim Girls? / Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by onyinye2(f): 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2008
so Hannibal, you would advise your son to hit his woman if he feels she needs to be taught a lesson?? your post is so faulty i don't know where to start to derail it.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Hannibal: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2008
onyinye2:

so Hannibal, you would advise your son to hit his woman if he feels she needs to be taught a lesson?? your post is so faulty i don't know where to start to derail it.

I will advise my SON to defend himself against any form of attack. . . . He will not be the one to strike the first blood.

4 Newark women went to jail for assaulting and stabbing a man to death.
The man told the doctors before he died that he could have defended himself but the thunk of striking a woman back was too much for him.
He kept his hands in his pockets till he was bludgeoned to a pulp. . . . He underwent surgery for a lacerated liver and stomach, suffered various cuts and bruises and injured his eye in the attack. . . .He died few hours after the surgery!!!!

Food for thunk!!!! cool
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by onyinye2(f): 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2008
well im talking about a mob of ladies, im talking about you and your girl in a relationship. so let's say she is real emotional one day and is in raging fury, till she works up a nerve with you. and she strikes you with her hand across your face, you would hit her back?
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by TheSly: 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2008
Hannibal:

4 Newark women went to jail for assaulting and stabbing a man to death.
The man told the doctors before he died that he could have defended himself but the thunk of striking a woman back was too much for him.
He kept his hands in his pockets till he was bludgeoned to a pulp. . . . He underwent surgery for a lacerated liver and stomach, suffered various cuts and bruises and injured his eye in the attack. . . .He died few hours after the surgery!!!!

Food for thunk!!!! cool
sad embarassed sad embarassed
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Chat2MeBac(f): 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2008
Hannibal:

Guys beat ladies because some ladies deserve to be beaten!

Every time topics like this come up. . . . . .People are quick to see if from the feminine eye. . .
What about women who go out to HIT men with anything they can grab??
Surely, a man has to defend himself and some reasonable force has to be deployed. . . .

The question is the degree of the force used. . . . I won't be slapped around by a 400-pound woman and watch while she panelbeats me. . .
Any woman raising her hand to HIT a man deserves what she gets. Violence is violence, it doesn't matter which SEX dishing it.
There are loads of men physically abused by BIG women too and they have the right to STRIKE back too.
Hannibal has no respect for a man who lets a woman slap him around. angry angry

Don't you find the highlighted part of your contribution rather sexist and bias to say the least?

You wont respect a man who allows a woman to slap him around, yet you will pat the back of coward who slaps his woman around, right?
That's why I love the West, The man hits, and he goes to jail to cuddle with "phillipa" and "Donna"., and wrestle with "Dark Knight" and "Thunder" angry tongue,

The ONLY "beatings" I am taking from any man will include 'moaning, rubbing, ohhhhing, ahhhhing.( got it?) Anything other beatings, are punishable by Law jare,
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Pataki: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

@Pataki, please don't kill me oo, abeg cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, see what attention seeking does to "us"?

@topic
Men beat their ladies for various reasons. Among them:

Not being able to get and/or keep their erections,

Not able to perform well in bed,

Not able to provide for their ladies, so they take it out on their faces,

Not able to produce enough sperms to impregnate their spouses, Low sperm count is a hell of a thing dread,

, Be back with more , Pataki behave oooooooooooooo,

Women beat/kill Men for some of the various reasons:
[list]
[li]sexual compulsion[/li]
[li]revenge[/li]
[li]monetary gain[/li]
[li]acting out from a history of abuse[/li]
[li]seeking power[/li]
[li] depravity[/li]
[/list]

Among many others. . . . .

Now what say you? grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by onyinye2(f): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2008
Chat2mebac

gurlie you is a freak!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Hannibal: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2008
onyinye2:

well im talking about a mob of ladies, im talking about you and your girl in a relationship. so let's say she is real emotional one day and is in raging fury, till she works up a nerve with you. and she strikes you with her hand across your face, you would hit her back?

Of course, i would slap her back with the same degree she dished. It's "AN EYE FOR AN EYE".
What makes violence suitable for females but a CRIME for the males?? Yet u peops preach sex equality!!!
Ma girls slaps me she gets slapped back(with the same degree, though). grin cheesy
That would serve as a deterrent. tongue

Chat2MeBac:

Don't you find the highlighted part of your contribution rather sexist and bias to say the least?
You wont respect a man who allows a woman to slap him around, yet you will pat the back of coward who slaps his woman around, right?

I am not biased . .I don't respect any man that allows a woman to slap him around just like i don't respect a man that strikes his woman FIRST!!!
Hannibal does not condone any violence of any sort. . . Striking the opposite sex is classless, thoughtless and irresponsible.

That's why I love the West, The man hits, and he goes to jail to cuddle with "phillipa" and "Donna"., and wrestle with "Dark Knight" and "Thunder" angry tongue,
The ONLY "beatings" I am taking from any man will include 'moaning, rubbing, ohhhhing, ahhhhing.( got it?) Anything other beatings, are punishable by Law jare,

I stay in the West and women now go to jail for ABH/GBH. . . . .  .
The 4 women i mentioned in the previous post got many years imprisonment for beating a guy to a pulp.
If the woman really disgusts me, i ma call 911. . . . Let her spend the rest of her miserable, hormone-influenced life in Jail.
Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. . . . .
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Chat2MeBac(f): 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2008
Pataki:

Women beat/kill Men for some of the various reasons:
[list]
[li]sexual compulsion[/li]
[li]revenge[/li]
[li]monetary gain[/li]
[li]acting out from a history of abuse[/li]
[li]seeking power[/li]
[li] depravity[/li]
[/list]

Among many others. . . . .

Now what say you? grin cheesy grin

If y'all men would just adhere to the Biblical rules regarding women, trust me there would be NO, I repeat NO, problems at all. Too sad,y'all want to have y'all cake and eat it too.  Is it because y'all Mommas whupped y'all butts for not doing right, you guys think it's appropriate to now take revenge on US ladies?

Anyman whips me, ah ginne whip dem back. Even if I have to wait under he is fast asleep, I am not taking any beatings from any man. he can be 6ft 11inches, I dont care,
And when I say, I am whipping back, may NOT be physically. But I am a woman, I have a mind of his own, hmmmmmmmmmmm, let's see him pay back the credit card company when am done shopping nah angry cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Chat2MeBac(f): 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Chat2mebac

gurlie you is a freak!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

ROFLMSFAO, erhmmmmmmmmmm, I learnt from the best nah, nah true dat Hannibal? cheesy kiss
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by onyinye2(f): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

Anyman whips me, ah ginne whip them back. Even if I have to wait under he is fast asleep, I am not taking any beatings from any man. he can be 6ft 11inches, I don't care,
And when I say, I am whipping back, may NOT be physically. But I am a woman, I have a mind of his own, hmmmmmmmmmmm, let's see him pay back the credit card company when am done shopping nah
angry cheesy grin grin grin grin

you got that right. the only man that would allow to hit me is my father. but if the guy im with even attempts to raise his hands towards me, May God Help Us All.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Orimili(m): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Let's raise the stakes a bit. What if a man's spouse goes on some emotional rage and picks up a blunt weapon or blade?. But seriously, I don't think it's about hitting back, it's about trying to defend yourself against an attack. There are cases when one cannot simply let himself be attacked, as in the Newark case (believe me, women in Newark, NJ, or the NY metro area in general, can get real crazy). Does it make sense for someone to get seriously injured because such a stigma attached to hitting a woman back? I am in no way condoning hitting a woman, but there are cases where, sadly, it might be necessary, as there are cases where it is necessary for a woman to hit a man in self defense.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Pataki: 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

If y'all men would just adhere to the Biblical rules regarding women, trust me there would be NO, I repeat NO, problems at all. Too sad,y'all want to have y'all cake and eat it too. Is it because y'all Mommas whupped y'all butts for not doing right, you guys think it's appropriate to now take revenge on US ladies?

Anyman whips me, ah ginne whip them back. Even if I have to wait under he is fast asleep, I am not taking any beatings from any man. he can be 6ft 11inches, I don't care,
And when I say, I am whipping back, may NOT be physically. But I am a woman, I have a mind of his own, hmmmmmmmmmmm, let's see him pay back the credit card company when am done shopping nah angry cheesy grin grin grin grin
Any woman that lays her hands on a man is a beast!!!!! No matter the circumstances, it only goes to show what kind of an upbringing such a lady come from. tongue tongue

Any man who treats his woman anyhow is also a beast, to be fair on both parties. grin cheesy grin But if my woman ever tries such, well. . . . . I have my options. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by onyinye2(f): 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2008
Pataki:

Any woman that lays her hands on a man is a beast!!!!! No matter the circumstances, it only goes to show what kind of an upbringing such a lady come from. tongue tongue

Any man who treats his woman anyhow is also a beast, to be fair on both parties. grin cheesy grin But if my woman ever tries such, well. . . . . I have my options. cheesy cheesy cheesy

so you are calling me a beast?? embarassed embarassed

Orimili:

Let's raise the stakes a bit. What if a man's spouse goes on some emotional rage and picks up a blunt weapon or blade?. But seriously, I don't think it's about hitting back, it's about trying to defend yourself against an attack. There are cases when one cannot simply let himself be attacked, as in the Newark case (believe me, women in Newark, NJ, or the NY metro area in general, can get real crazy). Does it make sense for someone to get seriously injured because such a stigma attached to hitting a woman back? I am in no way condoning hitting a woman, but there are cases where, sadly, it might be necessary, as there are cases where it is necessary for a woman to hit a man in self defense.

Oka yes in that case, yeah you need to defend your self. but im talking about you and your lady, no weapons of death involved. She is being real emotional and has lost control and she strikes you with her hand, you would hit her back?
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Hannibal: 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2008
Orimili:

Let's raise the stakes a bit. What if a man's spouse goes on some emotional rage and picks up a blunt weapon or blade?. But seriously, I don't think it's about hitting back, it's about trying to defend yourself against an attack. There are cases when one cannot simply let himself be attacked, as in the Newark case (believe me, women in Newark, NJ, or the NY metro area in general, can get real crazy). Does it make sense for someone to get seriously injured because such a stigma attached to hitting a woman back. I am in no way condoning hitting a woman, but there are cases where, sadly, it might be necessary, as there are cases where it is necessary for a woman to hit a man in self defense.

I agree with u 100% with your last sentence. . . . . .
Hitting women back is very necessary these days as these women have taken violence into anutha level.

Chat2MeBac now attends Karate/Taekwondo/Hapkido classes.
Onyinye2 is a Ninja.
Busta is a Bantam Weight Boxer.
J-girl is a traditional wrestler. . . .

I will not let em gimme internal bleeding or brain damage all in the name of social stigma. grin grin

onyinye2:

Oka yes in that case, yeah you need to defend your self. but im talking about you and your lady, no weapons of death involved. She is being real emotional and has lost control and she strikes you with her hand, you would hit her back?

Women are not the only ones with emotional stress. . . . . .Men have their moments too. We are humans and can lose control like y'all but we DON'T.
If we behave like women did and blame everything on hormones and menstrual cramp or menopause, we would all be in jail.
Violence is violence.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Orimili(m): 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2008
I think that there is a problem with either side if one has to hit their spouse, whether if it is a man or a woman. There are so many different ways that a conflict can be resolved. A lot can be said about a person that succumbs to their emotions too easily.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Chat2MeBac(f): 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2008
Hannibal:

Being a freak is an Island thang. . . . .
Maybe i learnt from u, homegurl. grin cheesy

Ah pleading the 5th, erhmmmmmmmmmmmm Amendment that is grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy,

Pataki:

I amm afraid I have to agree with you, I won't hit my spouse under NO circumstances, If he offends me I will rather cuss him out, free my conscience and move on.  Mind you this will be done in the privacy of our space.  

One thing I hate is when a couple argues in public or in the presence of others, children included.  You come to our home and you would never guessed my hubby and I are at each other's throats.  I won't bash him or insult him there for all to see. Afterall, if I do its only opening a can of worms and sending subtle messages that anyone has the right to abuse him as well.

On the flipside. The man should also adhere to these rules.  The Bibles says 'he who findeth a wife, findeth a good thing", My plea is that Men become more responsible and treat their women as the precious diamonds they are,

@Hannibal, don't worry.I wont hit you FIRST cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Pataki: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2008
onyinye2:

so you are calling me a beast?? embarassed embarassed
Yes. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Orimili(m): 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2008
onyinye2:

That wouldn't happen. I would have grabbed her wrists before she had the chance to do so. I would then remind her that we are not in a fighting ring, and that she has become too emotional. There is no reason to have to hit someone else if you are not being attacked yourself.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by HCH3COO: 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2008
Onyin are you still trying to rationalize hitting your man

Go ahead and strike him I say. If he breaks your face in retaliation no vex o.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Chat2MeBac(f): 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2008
Orimili:

I was in agreement with you until you decided to maginalized, and that sucks, Are you saying women from those states( taking into consideration residing in a particular area, doesnt mean you were born there), born with a violent gene, Are you saying therefore, that a violent behaviour is herediatary, or are you suggesting the society is too be blamed
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by onyinye2(f): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2008
Pataki:

Yes. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh shush! you dont even know the circumstances. that was one of those exceptional cases when i hit my boyfriend.

Orimili:

That wouldn't happen. I would have grabbed her wrists before she had the chance to do so. I would then remind her that we are not in a fighting ring, and that she has become too emotional. There is no reason to have to hit someone else if you are not being attacked yourself.

well you have to understand that when you are in the heat of alot of emotions, trying to talk some sense into her wont really get through. i should know.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Pataki: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

I amm afraid I have to agree with you, I won't hit my spouse under NO circumstances, If he offends me I will rather cuss him out, free my conscience and move on. Mind you this will be done in the privacy of our space.

One thing I hate is when a couple argues in public or in the presence of others, children included. You come to our home and you would never guessed my hubby and I are at each other's throats. I won't bash him or insult him there for all to see. Afterall, if I do its only opening a can of worms and sending subtle messages that anyone has the right to abuse him as well.

On the flipside. The man should also adhere to these rules. The Bibles says 'he who findeth a wife, findeth a good thing", My plea is that Men become more responsible and treat their women as the precious diamonds they are,

Chat,

You are preaching to ME!!!!! grin cheesy grin

I do not even know what else to say to you again. embarassed tongue That said, I just hope one gets lucky not to marry a she-devil for a woman. It can be a living hell. grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by manmustwac(m): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2008
@post

It's all about being in a position of power over somebody else. That kind of situation is addictive to some men. It's a bit sad, but some people just feel that way.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Hannibal: 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2008
Orimili:

What if u don't see the slap coming. . .  .Lessay she attacks u from ur blind side and delivers a devastating blow capable of damaging ur eardrums?

@Hannibal, don't worry.I wont hit you FIRST

I trust u baby. . . . . . . but i would still keep a baseball bat under ma pillows JUST IN CASE. . . . .
Before u get red in the face, i won't have to use it unless its very NECESSARY. cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Pataki: 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh shush! you don't even know the circumstances. that was one of those exceptional cases when i hit my boyfriend.
If you have done it once, you can still repeat that feat whenever you feel led by your emotions to do it. wink
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Orimili(m): 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

I was in agreement with you until you decided to maginalized, and that sucks, Are you saying women from those states( taking into consideration residing in a particular area, doesnt mean you were born there), born with a violent gene, Are you saying therefore, that a violent behaviour is herediatary, or are you suggesting the society is too be blamed

Nobody is born with a violent gene, however, people tend to adapt to their surroundings, as it is required for survival. I say that some women in the NY metro area (Yes, I reside in NY) have to deal with crazy people, and, especially in the case of Newark, you have to be even crazier or violent than the next person to not be hassled all the time. It's not a hereditary issue, but an environmental one.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2008
Recycled thread. Same ol stories.

Please you're insulting men  by putting this pest in same categories as them.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by onyinye2(f): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2008
Pataki:

If you have done it once, you can still repeat that feat whenever you feel led by your emotions to do it. wink

You don't know that. it was a one time thing. yes i did in that one occasion let my emotions take control. but it was just that one time and that one situation.

HCH3COO:

Onyin are you still trying to rationalize hitting your man

Go ahead and strike him I say. If he breaks your face in retaliation no vex o.

oh zip it person. he knows betta then to hit me. and i only hit him once, geez.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Orimili(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2008
onyinye2:

well you have to understand that when you are in the heat of alot of emotions, trying to talk some sense into her wont really get through. i should know.

Then that's not a good look at all. There should never be a reason for emotions overtaking logic. I'm not saying that it's not good to have emotions, but we are also blessed with the ability to reason. We shouldn't ignore that because we have a problem with someone else.

Hannibal:

What if u don't see the slap coming. . .  .Lessay she attacks u from your blind side and delivers a devastating blow capable of damaging your eardrums?

I always sense something coming my way. If I didn't see it, then I would certainly hear or feel a negative stimulus coming my way. I would have most likely dodged such an attack.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by HCH3COO: 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2008
onyinye2:

oh zip it person. he knows betta then to hit me. and i only hit him once, geez.
Sharrap! Thinking that it can't happen again means you're just not thinking.  Harhhh your emotions . . . just don't hit me o  lipsrsealed
One hit is enough to kill some people.

Ruby_Pearl:

Recycled thread. Same ol stories.

Please you're insulting men by putting this pest in same categories as them.
carry your loins waka go siddon somewhere jare.
Re: Why Do Guys Beat Ladies? by Pataki: 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2008
onyinye2:

You don't know that. it was a one time thing. yes i did in that one occasion let my emotions take control. but it was just that one time and that one situation.
Oh well tell me something I do not know then.

Since you have realized that, move on and never hit a man again. grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies : "Can You Stay Faithfull To Just One Man All Your Life". / Guys:7 Ways To Know Your 'Mumu Button' Has Been Pressed / 7 ‘very Bad Things’ Every Woman Should Do To Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.