Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. (22696 Views)

Coming Back To Nigeria - Advice Needed / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / Immigrating (relocating From Nigeria To U.S.A: Whats The Procedure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Ndipe(m): 3:56am On Dec 12, 2013
I doubt if any doctor making 500k a year will come on Nairaland to brag about it.

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by dasparrow: 9:21am On Dec 12, 2013
Naijamericana:

Looking for a challenge, and never really feel like you belong no matter your level of accomplishment. It's an idea, but I am not sure if my sub-specialty exists in Naija though.

@Bolded

You are right. This is one of the many problems that I have with America. There is no sense of belonging irrespective of how long one has lived in America or one's accomplishments. Moreover, I find America to be a highly bigoted society.

@Post

OP, the decision to live in Nigeria depends on you. I moved back to Nigeria for NYSC and to test the waters because America was getting boring for me. I find that I cannot live in a country where electricity is epileptic. Also, the noise pollution and dust is not easy getting used to. Lagos and Abuja is very populated though I can't speak for other parts of the country. Cost of living is high and people drive recklessly making accidents - often fatal - a regular occurrence here in Nigeria. Many Nigerians are busy making plans to leave the country especially the youths. So, think about it and then make up your mind what you want to do because this is a decision you alone can make. We cannot make it for you.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Naijamericana: 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
hopful:

I don't comment frequently here, but i have to do so after seeing this level of ignorance on display.
This MD is an anesthesiologist with 7 yrs experience. Do you know what that means?? He has gone through a rigorous period of medical education before this level, he deserves some respect.
MD here in the US is what we call MBBS or MBChB in Nigeria. You however need to do some exams before you can practice in US, Each country has her own conversion exams for foreign trained individuals even nigeria.
PhD is different from MD. Some doctors with MD even go for their PhD in addition either separately as MD, Phd or combined as MD/PhD.

Some doctors here in the US make more than 500k especially with more years of experience and more lucrative specialties like orthopedics, int. Cardiology, neurosurgery, etc

Thank you for the clarification on what MBBS means. You have cleared the air. Its definitely not the same in Naija.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Naijamericana: 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ndipe: I doubt if any doctor making 500k a year will come on Nairaland to brag about it.

500k is nothing and some docs earn 4-5 times that amount. I know of an orthopedic surgeon who drives a lamborghini to work. He is a mean and awful person but he is well known. For example he doesnt accept any health insurance and charges $10,000 for a knee replacement. It takes him 30-40 minutes to complete skin to skin.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by btasha: 1:25am On Jan 07, 2015
I'm currently in my final year of university, studying Accounting and finance. I have about four months left to finish my degree. My original plan was that when I finish my degrees I'd relocate to Nigeria, but after much research I'm thinking about doing my Masters in a Russell Group university then NYSC. oh btw I'm based in the uk, I'll like to get a very good job in Nigeria but I just don't know how to go about it, yes I have connections but I do not want to rely on ANYONE. Pls give me your advise. And I can't decide on where to do my nysc either Lagos or Abuja bare in mind I'd like to do my nysc where I can get a good job. Ohh also does anymore know about this careers in Africa.?
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by tck2000(m): 11:21am On Jul 20, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Visiting Visa To Australia Advisable For An Intending Hustler? / LRU Rescues Fatal Accident Victims On Berger Bridge, Lagos (photos) / 11 Things Lagosians Will Not Miss About “danfo”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.