Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Making Love & Raising A Family - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Making Love & Raising A Family (63616 Views)

Thinking Of Raising A Family? Know Your Blood Rhesus Factor / Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / Raising A Child To Speak English In Nigeria: Is It Proper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 11:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
dayokanu:

No sir. I am totally against no testing.
That sacrifice might make one land with a sexually incompatible partner.

I can't do a sexless relationship so where would I be getting it from?

The no sex is for young ppl. Do you think a 35yr old meeting a 29yr woman cares about some romantic idea of no sex? Unless you want to give the guy a free pass to have sex with other women

even at 17, i wouldn't enter into a relationship without sëx. if a woman is not sex-ready, she should forget about dating overall. who has time for rubbish?
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by EfemenaXY: 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
PocketEconomist: Well, if she doesn't like it, can't you just make that small sacrifice for the one you truly love?

Are you assuming that's the stance for most ladies? Because if you are, don't.

Some of us not only believe in pre-martial sex, but also instigated it too. Some also took it one step further. It all depends on the couple and what they want out of the relationship.

I'm a staunch advocate for test-driving.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by dayokanu(m): 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
coogar:

even at 17, i wouldn't enter into a relationship without sëx. if a woman is not sex-ready, she should forget about dating overall. who has time for rubbish?

I can understand warning teenagers with the no sex rule cos they might not know the risks involved but after a certain age even your family would start suspecting you of not being complete

2 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
dayokanu:

I can understand warning teenagers with the no sex rule cos they might not know the risks involved but after a certain age even your family would start suspecting you of not being complete

i understood sex education quicker than logarithm/indices. grin it didn't take me more than 10 mins to learn the rules & boundaries. sëx is too important, it's part of our mental development growing up.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Are you assuming that's the stance for most ladies? Because if you are, don't.

Some of us not only believe in pre-martial sex, but also instigated it too. Some also took it one step further. It all depends on the couple and what they want out of the relationship.
I guess you did not understand me. I'm saying that if a man pressures a girl to have sex AGAINST their will, such man is selfish. But if they both agree, they are botg adults and there is no problem about that, as long as they both agreed to it. Anyway let us not spoil this thread, to each his own. Let us lay the matter to rest so as not to spoil the thread.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by dayokanu(m): 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
For me o. Any girl who says no sex abeg run unless she is under 22 and is still a novice. Forget wetin pastor dey yarn o. No be them go follow you live in the same house.

One of my friends who followed the no sex rule because the girl say so now calls me everytime to complain. He gets sex about once a month and everytime he brings it up the wife asks "Is it food"

Now no one can tell the guy not to cheat. If you tell him cheating is bad he would simply ask you if you get sex once a month also
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bluuu: 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
dayokanu: For me o. Any girl who says no sex abeg run unless she is under 22 and is still a novice. Forget wetin pastor dey yarn o. No be them go follow you live in the same house.

One of my friends who followed the no sex rule because the girl say so now calls me everytime to complain. He gets sex about once a month and everytime he brings it up the wife asks "Is it food"

Now no one can tell the guy not to cheat. If you tell him cheating is bad he would simply ask you if you get sex once a month also
i av questions.wen s d right time to test drive in a relationship.wat if u test drive n 'd goods' s no longer bought? wat can/should b done

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
bluuu: i av questions.wen s d right time to test drive in a relationship.wat if u test drive n 'd goods' s no longer bought? wat can/should b done

it's a risk we all have to live with. it's the same as asking a girl out & not knowing if she's a witch or a demon. i'd rather have a broken relationship than a broken marriage.

no test-drive in this day & age? not a chance!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Olivialight(f): 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
Well well am not married bt I find really mature and educating comments and thread on family section so I find myself here all the time. Am learning quiet well and am glad I stumbled on this threadwink

10ks to everyone that contributed, madam CC I do admire u. And Babymama u are wonderful dear..wen I initially saw this thread trust me I didn't feel like reading it cs of the moniker plus I really am a bit tired of reading hurtful and depressing things on here @ times it makes me really scared of marriage. BT am really glad I did grin

2 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by dayokanu(m): 11:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
bluuu: i av questions.wen s d right time to test drive in a relationship.wat if u test drive n 'd goods' s no longer bought? wat can/should b done

In my opinion. It depends on both of you but the moment you are exclusive to one another and you are thinking this is probably more than casual dating you need to start test driving. For me I even advocate you actually living together for like 6 months before the actual wedding.

Those sex you're hoarding in 2 months you would get tired of seeing each other's unclothedness sef. So if sex was the only thing you used in making him stay to marry you then you need to start thinking of what to make him stay for the next 50yrs
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bluuu: 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
^^^^6 months? they say plenty se.x makes d vayjayjay slack.how tru s dat
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
bluuu: ^^^^6 months? they say plenty se.x makes d vayjayjay slack.how tru s dat

that's a big lie.
there are various exercises out there that can keep it in shape. kegel exercise is there for a start. there are herbs & gels too to keep the factory running.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by dayokanu(m): 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
bluuu: ^^^^6 months? they say plenty se.x makes d vayjayjay slack.how tru s dat
6 months o. Because after marriage that's when you see some ppl complain they don't know their husbands snores.

If you only go on dates its easy to put your best behavior on but when you live together that's when you know that the smell of that fine girls fart
If that's true then by the time you spend 10yrs in marriage coconut can drop from the vagina without friction
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 14, 2013
Dayo,are you married?,engaged?
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 14, 2013
dayokanu:
6 months o. Because after marriage that's when you see some ppl complain they don't know their husbands snores.

If you only go on dates its easy to put your best behavior on but when you live together that's when you know that the smell of that fine girls fart
If that's true then by the time you spend 10yrs in marriage coconut can drop from the vagina without friction

The one about the sumtin becoming lax is not true
What is true however is that after many kids the woman's urethral sphincters ( muscles around the bladder opening) may not be tight as before and some women actual pee on themselves when they sneeze or lol
That is one of the downside of having babies
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 14, 2013
Why are some of yous against women who have decided to remain virgins until after marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nnekacherry: 1:02am On Dec 14, 2013
zinnyy:

Thank you so much for this piece of advice, you don't know what you've done for me. I will put what you said in pratice and pray it all works out. Thanks again

It will dear, what aunty CC just told you is the best thing to do. Men are just babies in big body, they like to be pampered too you know. So stop telling him he is not emotional but show him what being emotional really means. You can start by doing those things you will want him to do for/to you.. Another thing you can do is "conditioning". You can condition his mind to some particular things you always do, something that when you dont do it, he will be wondering
why..
Try and work on it girl, take it as a challenge.. Just be patient, i know he will change. Even those hurtful comments, he wouldn't have the heart to tell you those things anymore..
May God bless your marriage dear..

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 14, 2013
Keeping yourself for your spouse only

I will talk from a woman's perspective and let the men speak for themselves.
There is no neon sign on a woman that tells men around to keep off just because she is married
Married women are still being chased by men
How does a woman keep herself from falling ?
My best friend says she loves black men because when they admire you,you know,they show it even without speaking a word.
I am certain there is no married woman on this thread who isn't being chased by men out there from time to time
Whatever your husband saw and fell for you,is still visible to other men
Could be your physical appearance,the way you carry yourself,your warmth,inner beauty,your confidence.

I was coming out of the grocery store last week and was looking around for my car when A deep baritone voice to my left said " you don't remember where you parked do you"?
I looked up and smiled and said yes,he proceeded to introduce himself and paid me a compliment he says " what an attractive woman you are"
I said well thank you
He says,do you belong to somebody
I said married,x years,he said well what a lucky man
I said,he must be
Take care then he says and we part ways

I respected him for backing off to respect his fellow man,others are not that easy

Another day I had met another man at a clothing store and his line was,are you married,I said yes, then he asked are you happy?
I said yes,very happy
He followed me around a while then disappeared

The worst I ever had was a man I met at the bank at my lunch time
He will not stop staring at me
He finished his business and waited for me to be done
While I walked out he followed me ,introduced himself,I said my first name,he continued walking with me and said his intent
I told him I was married and not interested
He told me he was married too
That we could have lunch since we both worked in the area,he was in suit so I guessed he worked in one of the businesses around there
Just innocent lunch he said
I said no thanks,he kept following me
I didn't want him to know where I worked so I became uncomfortable
I said " nice meeting you", he finally got the message and backed off

I told these stories to say that married women still get propositioned every single time,including old layers like myself grin
You have to wade them off
The husband therefore should give his wife everything she wants at home
Not just the SE.x, the emotional part especially because if you don't,believe me there are men out there to fill in those blank spaces
And women have that need to be fulfilled emotionally

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by dayokanu(m): 1:47am On Dec 14, 2013
Baby mama: Dayo,are you married?,engaged?

Married
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Married

Wow!!
I never knew
Did you marry Ileke Idi? grin

Seriously now,I hope you find this thread useful
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 2:34am On Dec 14, 2013
Keeping friends of the opposite sex

Many men are very uncomfortable with this,I know mine was and I can't say he is too thrilled about it now but I know he trusts my judgements.
men think it's too dangerous and I have actually heard men say that a man cannot be friends with a woman without wanting something from her.
I believe it is possible to have male friends with no strings attached but if your spouse is uncomfortable with it,it would be wise to curtail the communication.
It's hard for me to say cut it off completely because I value friendship and I have good male friends
Don't talk with them daily or even monthly but just people that will call and say hi once in a while ,how have u been doing,longest time
Infact the first time my husband invited me over to his house,I had told a dearest friend of mine a guy about it and he warned me not to go grin
He said,"you and I know what he wants ,don't put yourself in that position"
He was watching out for me as his Christian sister
I promised him I wouldn't go grin
I lied grin
Many years later we spoke and he got to know I married the man he warned me about
grin

What are your opinion people about having friends of the opposite sex , ladies and gents?

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 14, 2013
My best friend before marriage was a guy. Little wonder I make hubby happy cos I know alot about men cool Ofcourse after marriage you cut-tail on the communication but still keep that person close to you.

I however have issues with people who think you can't be friends (witout benefits) with the opposite sex
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 5:04am On Dec 14, 2013
Getting deeper and deeper.
As for the no test driving, well, I think it depends on d couple involved. Some might want while others r comfortable without.
For u guys talking about bedroom compartibility, that's why we marry our lv, teach her stage by stage and u will be glad u did!
As for the vg slacking, lots of factors can make it slack too.

Dayo, u rnt een nothing yet. U can stay a month w'out sex for a whole lot of reasons like pregnancy and PPD. A bad and infected tear can also keep u away.
So in such cases, u will start chasing anything under d skirt?
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 14, 2013
jennykadry: Why are some of yous against women who have decided to remain virgins until after marriage?
I wonder o!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by sennykenny1(f): 6:15am On Dec 14, 2013
I'm glad I saw dis thread, a big thanks to baby mama who stArted dis, I ve really learnt a lot frm u knowing I am guilty of most things. Thanks to u once again God will heal u where shoes pitches u. Amen

@CC, jennykadry, pocketeconomist thanks for ur great contributions, I'm indeed blessed. U guys r my family having lost both parent @ a tender age n d only sis I ve is battling wit her marital problem, so no one to turn to except God whenever am having issues.

Thanks to u dear for introducing dis life changing Forum called Nairaland.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 14, 2013
At people saying "not saying sorry" is a normal thing for men. Is it a normal thing for men or JUST FOR NIGERIAN/AFRICAN MEN?

I think we need to stop generalizing here

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 14, 2013
@jenny, its not all men but most men hence d generalisation, I guess.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by ichidodo: 8:12am On Dec 14, 2013
PocketEconomist: Let us be truthful, if one's fianceé doesn't want pre marital sex, and the man cajoles her into doing so, that's pure selfishness. That man is meant to put her interest before his. If he doesn't, will you say he really loves her?
You make it sound as if she being subjected to torture from the North-Korean Military,you think Love making on the part of men is easy? Dont you know that Love making is one the five languages of Love and to some folks out there it is THE love language??.Every couple can always work something out at the very least it should tighten their bond but please let us not make statements that will precipitate into causin serious trouble for others instead let us settle down and enjoy this thread. Thanx and Good Morning
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by dayokanu(m): 8:21am On Dec 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Getting deeper and deeper.
As for the no test driving, well, I think it depends on d couple involved. Some might want while others r comfortable without.
For u guys talking about bedroom compartibility, that's why we marry our lv, teach her stage by stage and u will be glad u did!
As for the vg slacking, lots of factors can make it slack too.

Dayo, u rnt een nothing yet. U can stay a month w'out sex for a whole lot of reasons like pregnancy and PPD. A bad and infected tear can also keep u away.
So in such cases, u will start chasing anything under d skirt?

YPP see below

zinnyy: Thanks Babymama for this great thread,
am actually going crazy bit by bit
my marriage is just 8 months old and am just not feeling it any longer
first of all, we didnt really court before marriage(no intimate meetings), although we've known each other for a year plus before marriage
after marriage, i found out that we are just so different
yes, he is all i wanted in a man, but our sex life is nothing to write home about
he was my first, but i know there is something about sex am missing
it's so bad now that i dont enjoy it any longer. he too is not a sex freak either
we can stay for a whole week without sex.

He is a good man though, but this was not what i bargained for.
still praying for a change.

Now you tell this woman this would be her lot for the next 50yrs because honestly I already see a potential for cheating here

When spouse is sick is a different thing because you know this is temporary but when at 25-30yrs within 1yr of marriage you already know you are condemned to a lifetime of 4 times a yr sex

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by dayokanu(m): 8:33am On Dec 14, 2013
Another

bossybom: I am a 31 year old married woman wit a son less than a year,my marriage is almost 2 years. I noticed my husband don't really like making love from d 1st week of our marriage,he responded to my complaints by saying he's fratigued from d wedding stress.....but it has lingered until now, we barely have sex 2 times in a month,anytime I complain he will laugh and say it's because am a self employed woman and I have a lot of time to think about sex,so am so tired of complaining and feeling like a slut...but I feel so deprived,am a Christian,I can't ,cheat on him,sometimes I masturbate just to get satisfied,but I always feel guilty and dirty afterwards, this is not a topic I can easily walk to anyone to discuss,am really frustrated,pls I need as many advice and ideas I can get........

pls in God's name,no insults....I just need candid advise....thanks.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 14, 2013
ichidodo: You make it sound as if she being subjected to torture from the North-Korean Military,you think Love making on the part of men is easy? Dont you know that Love making is one the five languages of Love and to some folks out there it is THE love language??.Every couple can always work something out at the very least it should tighten their bond but please let us not make statements that will precipitate into causin serious trouble for others instead let us settle down and enjoy this thread. Thanx and Good Morning
Good morning to you too. I guess i was misunderstood. Let me explain again. , i said that if a man pressures and blackmail his girlfriend/fianceé into sleeping with him AGAINST her wish, meaning that she's not comfortable with it, doesn't want to do it, and you force/trick/cajole her into doing it, i repeat is selfishness. 1 Corithians 13:4-7 defines love in a remarkable way. Please check that scripturd out and tell us whether it makes sense or not. Good day my brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply)

Man Returns From Mortuary After Confirmed Dead (PICTURED) / Help! There's Something Strange In My Room / He Found Out His Wife Is A Hermaphrodite On Their Honeymoon! What Is Your Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.