Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Making Love & Raising A Family - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Making Love & Raising A Family (63615 Views)

Thinking Of Raising A Family? Know Your Blood Rhesus Factor / Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / Raising A Child To Speak English In Nigeria: Is It Proper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
bukatyne:

Yellow PawPaw! You are wacked!

I am just reading this and you really knocked me off

I am not married but my fiancée is not ok with in from discussions, how we are very open people and he might be willing to experiment in future. I guess it has to do with your believe system. They preach daily in my church that o.ral s.ex is wrong and bla bla but I just face front.

Try and brooch it in discussion with oga and get his feedback

Lmao....Sis Bukky is a badt gal tongue wink

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nnekacherry: 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
bukatyne:

You don't a husband that helps in chores or you don't like a househusband?

Hahahaha..
I don't want a house husband sis.
That's scary..
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by EfemenaXY: 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
PocketEconomist: This is absolutely hilarious... Just spoke to my house husband of a cousin via chat, and he wants to add baking at home to his stock in trade. Wow... Dis man is not ready to leave the house and his son o! Anyway, it's his life. But one thing i appreciate is that he is trying to give his son what our fathers didn't give us. That's just the punch line. On a lighter note, what if he tried this his arrangement on an igbo woman... *grins*

I see nothing funny about this.

Infact I suspect this cousin of yours was never happy in his previous (paid) job and has either found something he enjoys doing or is still trying his hands out at various ideas.

The key to running a good and successful business is being innovative. If he wants to take on baking / catering, then encourage him. Cooking is not the exclusive preserve of females. There are quite a number of world renowed and famous male chefs. Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey are just a few and these men are multi-millionaires. If your cousin makes his millions from baking / catering, will you still find it hilarious?

I detest the term housewife or househusband. It's derogatory and undermines the effort and contributions of the parent trying to build a happy home. A child thrives best growing up in a home where his or her parents are happy.

You may not find their arrangement ideal. You may even find it strange - but doesn't this go to prove that there is no standard/ideal/one-size-fits-all method to running a loving home?

You said it yourself, his son shares a tight bond with his father. Your cousin is happy doing what he's doing and most importantly, his wife is crazy about him and loves him to pieces.

Now that's all that really matters.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bukatyne(f): 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
yellowpawpaw: U know, there was one heated argument between Coogar and some pple about career women and being a mum somewhere, its true he is always on d other side of the fence but he was saying the truth. Those his posts were simply d truth but we just don't wanna admit it rather we give him the ideal situation instead of the real one on ground. Only few,very few can juggle d two succesfully.unless u don't wanna be an integral part of ur kids formative yrs and few mothers will accept that.

That guy always make sense u know.

I think one of the issues is that most husbands see the training of kids at the initial stage as the wife's sole responsibility.

If husband and wife decides to reduce their pursuit for a little while, it would be much better

I don't agree with his posts anyways. If we say the first 5yrs of a child's life is extremely important and the mother stays, what happens if they have 3 kids with 2yrs gap each? The woman stays at home for 9years? If he says the father comes home to relieve the wife and let her do her thing, when is the man coming back home? Is it men that find it difficult to help after work (not really their fault as some are genuinely tired), how will he be able to take over from the wife and let her do her thing? Won't the wife be running around catering for him too?

Abegi, let's leave matter for Mathais

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bukatyne(f): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nnekacherry:

Hahahaha..
I don't want a house husband sis.
That's scary..

Ok, I thought you don't want a man that does chores.

Not all house husbands even do chores sef
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I see nothing funny about this.

Infact I suspect this cousin of yours was never happy in his previous (paid) job and has either found something he enjoys doing or is still trying his hands out at various ideas.

The key to running a good and successful business is being innovative. If he wants to take on baking / catering, then encourage him. Cooking is not the exclusive preserve of females. There are quite a number of world renowed and famous male chefs. Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey are just a few and these men are multi-millionaires. If your cousin makes his millions from baking / catering, will you still find it hilarious?

I detest the term housewife or househusband. It's derogatory and undermines the effort and contributions of the parent trying to build a happy home. A child thrives best growing up in a home where his or her parents are happy.

You may not find their arrangement ideal. You may even find it strange - but doesn't this go to prove that there is no standard/ideal/one-size-fits-all method to running a loving home?

You said it yourself, his son shares a tight bond with his father. Your cousin is happy doing what he's doing and most importantly, his wife is crazy about him and loves him to pieces.

Now that's all that really matters.
You are right. That term house husband was just to tease him. I never meant it in a derogatory way. I've seen your point, and have noted it. We are all learning. I guess i shouldn't use that word again.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by UjSizzle(f): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
Interesting!! I'm not done reading yet, i dey come.
I've always thought marriage was scary shiit, after reading just half-way i'm more scared than i ever was sad
I have a lot of questions to ask, so i'll be back after work today.

Well done CC, Babymama, Efemena, and everyone who has contributed from their well of experience. You guys are helping potential wives smiley

Nnekacherry, i see you. Ltnc smiley
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
Buky, I understand u perfectly well.
I'm just saying that there will not be maximum or 100% concentration if u r having kids at d early stage of ur marriage and career.
Example, I wanna do my pg, hv a toddler and home, hv my career yet, I just can't meet up. I hv to give up some things for now but will pursue them later on.
If for example u work in an office that usually send u out on various workshops and seminars far from ur base or even outside the country most times, u may decline simply bc of ur toddlers unlike a man. (Considering d fact that u don't hv maid) the motherly instinct will just not allow u to take those leeps. But u can comfortably do them if they hv reached a certain age.
I think that was what coogar was saying. I might be wrong sha.

As for the kpekus part, I taught u will qoute the bible for me. cheesy tongue
Its an unexplored zone in this our part of he world. I will suggest that and c the reaction.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Wow
Our thread has grown
Kudos ladies and gents
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by zinnyy: 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
chaircover: Zinny, If you don’t mind me responding, I will say a few things

Don’t forget that you have you have done it the other way round and rather than going through a face to face courtship and going into marriage all boiling hot and it gradually cools down over time and it becomes a deep seated loving relationship, due to your circumstances you both went into marriage luke warm and so you both have to find a way of heating it up.

Many men are not emotional (well they try to hide it) and you have to gradually tease it out of them. Some think that showing their soft side makes them weak and vulnerable so they hide it. In your case you didn’t really court so you haven’t really had a chance to get right into his heart. Play your cards right and you will definitely get there.

The best teacher is by example. Don’t just say top him “you are not emotional”, but actually show him what emotional is. Do to him the things that you want him to do to you. Let him see how it is done and with time, he will even want to outdo you. Sit on his lap and rub his head. Give him massages, cuddle him, send his love notes, compliment him, Send him loving Emails . . . . .He is your husband and you are his. You can do what you like to him in the privacy of your home. . . and I promise you that with time, he will start doing all these things himself.

The only thing I am not too happy about is his hurtful comments to you. That you are going to have to deal with sooner rather than later and make him understand how much these comments hurt you and how inappropriate they are.

See this period as your courtship just that only this time you both can’t run away, and you both work on really trying to understand each other. If you don’t mind my saying, it may be a good idea to leave out babies for now if its not too late and use this time to bond and understand and enjoy each other. Plenty of time to have babies.

Thank you so much for this piece of advice, you don't know what you've done for me. I will put what you said in pratice and pray it all works out. Thanks again
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
Besea: I'm getting married in three weeks and all I can say is WoW! Baby mama, CC, Efe u guys r d best. I've learnt hw to deal with the "I'm sorry situation" cos my eyes hav bin opened to undastand my man and his I'm sorry style. D s.ex part... Hmmmmm, I don learn. I'm getting married strait out f d uni, so I'm going to be a housewife for a while and I will be moving from my precious Lagos to d east for me, dats a huge sacrifice. Thank u

We all sacrifice for love
I know someone who lived in England and moved back to Nigeria because of marriage
I know how much it took her to accept that but she loved him enough to do that and once she got there,she adapted beautifully to it
Is that man worth that sacrifice to you if moving from Lagos to the east is a sacrifice on your part.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bukatyne(f): 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Buky, I understand u perfectly well.
I'm just saying that there will not be maximum or 100% concentration if u r having kids at d early stage of ur marriage and career.
Example, I wanna do my pg, hv a toddler and home, hv my career yet, I just can't meet up. I hv to give up some things for now but will pursue them later on.
If for example u work in an office that usually send u out on various workshops and seminars far from ur base or even outside the country most times, u may decline simply bc of ur toddlers unlike a man. (Considering d fact that u don't hv maid) the motherly instinct will just not allow u to take those leeps. But u can comfortably do them if they hv reached a certain age.
I think that was what coogar was saying. I might be wrong sha.

As for the kpekus part, I taught u will qoute the bible for me. cheesy tongue
Its an unexplored zone in this our part of he world. I will suggest that and c the reaction.

Bible abi?

Read 1 Cor 7:

I agree that one cannot juggle it all at once but we can have it all.

I want to do my masters(full time) and I can currently working. I could not possibly do the two at the same time.

Yea, we have to compromise and pass up some things to be with our family. My gripe is that wives should not always be the one to. The wifey going for a two day or even one week training will not kill the husband or cause irreparable damage.

Even if I have a maid, I wouldn't like to travel too far without hubby; there are some things a maid cannot do tongue lipsrsealed wink and I don't really buy into the maid business. (Let me see how it turns out after kids sha)

I actually advised someone who was newly wedded while serving not to go for her masters yet. She was pregnant and I felt she should bond with hussy. She could do it the next year or in two years time.

I don't even like a job that is too far from home or too demanding. E.g. I can never work in a bank

I don't just like that a wife is expected to give it all up and yet the men still want to be called the father of the kids embarassed
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
Are we forgetting something? Prayer! Pray with your spouse every night before sleeping. That will make your bond stronger. Prayer is very important in marriage, as it is in all things. Think about this.

2 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bukatyne(f): 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
PocketEconomist: Are we forgetting something? Prayer! Pray with your spouse every night before sleeping. That will make your bond stronger. Prayer is very important in marriage, as it is in all things. Think about this.

Extremely important but we have to play our part

God will not do some things for us

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by SisiKill1: 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
chaircover: My thoughts on Money!!

Some people feel that the man should do everything/must do certain things. . I think NO NO NO! . . . There is nothing stopping you from doing it if you have the funds. You are a team and you are one and so it doesn’t matter if you tie the wrapper round the bum or the bum round the wrapper, so long as the bum isn’t exposed.

It doesn’t matter who pays for what. Don’t wait for the man to give you money for foodstuffs before you buy some. If you have a project that you are both working on and you have money and you have heard him talk about paying the painter or the electrician, then bring the money and just put it into his account. If you see him struggling with something, don’t wait until he comes to ask you or he starts talking and talking about it before you offer to do it. You are one. If the school fees are due and you know that he has his hands full with other things, then there is nothing stopping you from paying them. They are your children too.

A man respects and appreciates a woman he knows that has his back. He knows that he can rely on her. He rests easy knowing that his children are in safe hands. He knows that there is someone out there who is on his side no matter what. Under all this macho macho are men who too crave to have a soulmate and someone there for them no matter what.

. . . .And when you do help, please don’t rub it in his face, or automatically expect him to start washing the dishes and pounding yam if it isn’t something that he has been doing before. Be patient, he may show his appreciation in other ways.

Thank you for post!!!!!!!

I just want to add that it shouldn't be about "helping"...it's our house, the upkeep is our responsibility. If we all saw it that way there will be no room to rub anything into anyone's face. I mean would I pat myself on the back for paying my bills? Would one mock themselves for being the one who buys the grocery they eat? Of course not!!

Lovely thread by the way!!!! Great contribution from all kiss kiss

@PocketEconomist
I don't think it's right to mock your cousin just because he is not acting in the manner you think a man ought to be. He is happy, his wife is happy and his child is happy. If putting an apron on and shoving biscuits and croissants in the oven is what makes his home a happy one...so be it.

2 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Miner13: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
Baby mama: Wow
Our thread has grown
Kudos ladies and gents

I am sure at the beginning you were just trying to put something up out of your leisure time for fun.

Hmmmmmm!

A family clinic in it real existence.
So informative, educative,entertaining with no complexity in assimilating the context.
I am so happy i enrolled, thou a late comer. Can't say anything without acknowledging the founder brain behind the thread BABY MAMA. Not neglecting the contributions of the married NLders' for contributing there experience. *YPP,PE,EFE* bravos, millions of kudo for the brave work of experience put together to save countless number of life from ruin as a result of family tussle.
Even, the so called marriage seminar can never be as deep as this, using your home guddies and challenges to trained millions which am part of.

Well, to me saying sorry is never a problem. either i am right or wrong.
But am having a low spirit of appreciation. Damn that, i am working on that straight away.

Marriage no be small matter o. God help me oo.

My questions coming.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bukatyne(f): 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

I just want to add that it shouldn't be about "helping"...it's our house, the upkeep is our responsibility. If we all saw it that way there will be no room to rub anything into anyone's face. I mean would I pat myself on the back for paying my bills? Would one mock themselves for being the one who buys the grocery they eat? Of course not!!

@PocketEconomist
I don't think it's right to mock your cousin just because he is not acting in the manner you think a man ought to be. He is happy, his wife is happy and his child is happy. If putting an apron on and shoving a biscuits and croissants in the oven is what makes his home a happy one...so be it.

Exactly my point to CC

That's why a woman will pay her child's school fees and expect the husband to prostrate for her or the hubby cleans his own house and expects an award framed in the sitting room

Not against appreciation anyways...

I teach kids around me to thank their parents for paying their school fees and I did same while in school

Afterall if our partner is not responsible, what can we do?

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

@PocketEconomist
I don't think it's right to mock your cousin just because he is not acting in the manner you think a man ought to be. He is happy, his wife is happy and his child is happy. If putting an apron on and shoving a biscuits and croissants in the oven is what makes his home a happy one...so be it.
We just take it as a joke o! nothing serious. our dads were not really there, so we resolved that our own kids will enjoy our company. in fact i like his style. As he takes his baking seriously, coupled with his barbing in the house, he will also be getting income from the house. I intend designing my life in a similar fashion too. Make money from the house or lecturing, as i m currently working on it,while my wife goes to work if she likes. If you no spend time with your family, your kids may not forgive you.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by bluuu: 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
i'm loving this thread.it s good to know the men r seeing d 'spend time with kids' idea as a couple's thing n not just for d moms.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
bluuu: i'm loving this thread.it s good to know the men r seeing d 'spend time with kids' idea as a couple's thing n not just for d moms.
Yes o! very important. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Saraha1(f): 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
Family section ,the best place to visit on nairaland.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
@sarah you are right. Anyway for women looking for a soul mate, you wilk have to look out for these. A man who pressures you for sex before marriage against your wish does not love you. He is selfish and does not care about your feelings. A man who assaults you does not love you run! I'm telling y'all this from a man's view. More to come soon.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by ichidodo: 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
PocketEconomist: @sarah you are right. Anyway for women looking for a soul mate, you wilk have to look out for these. A man who pressures you for sex before marriage against your wish does not love you. He is selfish and does not care about your feelings. A man who assaults you does not love you run! I'm telling y'all this from a man's view. More to come soon.
I understand the euphoria this thread can churn out but Pls don't go overboard and pour sand sand into another man's garri what will my fiancee say when she sees this??, abeg ladies in the house the sex option is at your own discretion because what might work for Nneka might not work for Kemi just follow your heart, na beg i dey beg o

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
PocketEconomist: @sarah you are right. Anyway for women looking for a soul mate, you wilk have to look out for these. A man who pressures you for sex before marriage against your wish does not love you. He is selfish and does not care about your feelings. A man who assaults you does not love you run! I'm telling y'all this from a man's view. More to come soon.

Thank you for saying those
It is refreshing to read this from a young man.people ask me how I know my hubby was the one when I met him and I respond that something within you just knows it.
A man who loves you deeply will respect you
He will respect your boundaries
He will wait patiently for you
He will never force or intimidate you into doing anything you don't want to do

Some ladies think you need to move in with a man and play wife to make him want to marry you
That is so not true
If you like sleep with a man 5 times a day,cook and clean,if he doesn't want you,he doesn't want you

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
ichidodo: I understand the euphoria this thread can churn out but Pls don't go overboard and pour sand sand into another man's garri what will my fiancee say when she sees this??, abeg ladies in the house the sex option is at your own discretion because might what might work for Nneka might not work for Kemi just follow your heart, na beg i dey beg o
Sorry o! Just had to say the truth. What euphoria are you talking about?
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nnekacherry: 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
uj_sizzle: Interesting!! I'm not done reading yet, i dey come.
I've always thought marriage was scary shiit, after reading just half-way i'm more scared than i ever was sad
I have a lot of questions to ask, so i'll be back after work today.

Well done CC, Babymama, Efemena, and everyone who has contributed from their well of experience. You guys are helping potential wives smiley

Nnekacherry, i see you. Ltnc smiley

Lol.. Nne na family things now oo
so i came over to family section to learn new things from these wonderful and intelligent women and I am really learning. I'm happy i came..
How are you doing dear..
Been wondering where you have been..
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by ichidodo: 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
PocketEconomist: Sorry o! Just had to say the truth. What euphoria are you talking about?
What is the truth? Abeg free that thing jare
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
ichidodo: What is the truth? Abeg free that thing jare
Let us be truthful, if one's fianceé doesn't want pre marital sex, and the man cajoles her into doing so, that's pure selfishness. That man is meant to put her interest before his. If he doesn't, will you say he really loves her?
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 10:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
PocketEconomist: Let us be truthful, if one's fianceé doesn't want pre marital sex, and the man cajoles her into doing so, that's pure selfishness. That man is meant to put her interest before his. If he doesn't, will you say he really loves her?

why would my fiancée not want pre-marital sëx?
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
coogar:

why would my fiancée not want pre-marital sëx?
Well, if she doesn't like it, can't you just make that small sacrifice for the one you truly love?
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
PocketEconomist: Well, if she doesn't like it, can't you just make that small sacrifice for the one you truly love?

she won't be my fiancée if she doesn't like it. heaven forbid! i will now marry someone i am not sëxually-compatible with in the name of sacrifice. this is one of the reasons married men cheat!!!

if a woman's bedroom game is not tight, she's of no value to me. you talk about sacrifice - why can't she make that little sacrifice for me that she truly loves?

2 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by dayokanu(m): 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
PocketEconomist: Well, if she doesn't like it, can't you just make that small sacrifice for the one you truly love?

No sir. I am totally against no testing.
That sacrifice might make one land with a sexually incompatible partner.

I can't do a sexless relationship so where would I be getting it from?

The no sex is for young ppl. Do you think a 35yr old meeting a 29yr woman cares about some romantic idea of no sex? That's for teenagers and ppl in their early 20s

Its when you're a teen that even your parents would be preaching no sex by the time you're 29 and still doing no sex even your mom would be worried if you're not gay.

Unless you want to give the guy a free pass to have sex with other women

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Man Returns From Mortuary After Confirmed Dead (PICTURED) / Help! There's Something Strange In My Room / He Found Out His Wife Is A Hermaphrodite On Their Honeymoon! What Is Your Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.