Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative (47551 Views)

Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Muazu Says Letter Giving EFCC Order To Go After Tinubu, Atiku, nd others is fake / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by eluquenson(m): 10:59am On Dec 12, 2013
You can see how Nigeria's Elder statesmen are fooling themselves , after they will be comparing themselves to mandela
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by patriotic007: 10:59am On Dec 12, 2013
See a man that ruled Nigeria for 8yrs with nothing to show for it and now he is a saint,....see a man that ordered for the masacre of armless civilians and now he is talking of divisiveness,....see a man that under his watch our railway died totally and now he is talking of broken promises,...see a man that could not account for 16billion dollars meant for power and now he is talking about corruption,......SMH,....If GEJ should fight corruption the way OBJ wants then OBJ will be in jail by now,......

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by 3kay945(m): 11:01am On Dec 12, 2013
lyvin:
Abeg which facts was laid. Some pple are just delusional including OBJ whom I think is going nuts. Look at OBJ talking abt corruption advising someone not to go for second term, when he aimed for unconstitutional third term and failed.

Its all abt 2015 he and his cohorts will be disgraced no nigerian is fooled.

What about other issues raised in the letter apart from term elongation? isn't it obvious that some truths are embedded in the letter... Why are you taking it personal with OBJ, is it because it has the gut to face the president?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by bharyur2103(m): 11:01am On Dec 12, 2013
*In D'banj's voice*...Don't tell me nonsense!!

No respect to this farcical administration,OBJ has absolutely no right to accuse GEJ of corruption.He, and majority of the "corporate thieves" that led past failed administrations,laid the path and all GEJ has done so far, is try his possible best to better the "achievements" of his predeccessors.
He need not reveal the insincerity and incompetency of a clown who is merely trying to "make him proud".One thing that infuriates more than a corrupt leader is a don in the "business" accusing his "apprentice" of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by pwettyolly(f): 11:03am On Dec 12, 2013
Seriously aren't we all tired of all this people av they not done enough to damage our future , if we continue casting blames it wil take us nowhere why don't we use this opportunity of the crack btw them in creating the Nigeria we all want I am not supporting anybody because they are all thieves let we the youth take back what rightfully ours let march up for freedom cowardness nd fear will take us no where tribalism and religious fight is doing us better harm than good for all e warriors supporting one party or the other are you ok with your present state of condition don't you feel you deserve more this is our country let us fight for it because sooner or later we all will be reminded of what we have done in contributing to our country let fight for what we believe in CORRUPTION must go irrespective of whoever is promoting it be it TINUBU OR GOODLUCK OR OBASANJO OR THE NORTHERN ELITES they av had there feels it time for us to take our future's in our HANDS

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ennon92(m): 11:05am On Dec 12, 2013
The letter pain am, con enter hin bone

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by WizPrince1(m): 11:05am On Dec 12, 2013
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by israel007: 11:10am On Dec 12, 2013
Biggoozz:
What is happening here?? Thought this guy used to be the most Pro-Jonathan guy here. One good example of how messy politics can be.

Check the handle. Its different.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by 3kay945(m): 11:10am On Dec 12, 2013
Biggoozz:
What is happening here?? Thought this guy used to be the most Pro-Jonathan guy here. One good example of how messy politics can be.

Not the dude you are referring to, that one is still taking orders. He will soon rush in if not in already.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 12, 2013
ceo4eva: [b] Just within a space of 3 days, OBJ, Tambuwal and Sanusi have all indicted the President of Massive Looting and Unabated Corruption.
Moreover, these 3 men are in the same political party (PDP) with Jonathan and not Opposition parties.
Though OBJ is not a Saint, but During his Administration, many were booted out due to his Anti-Corruption Campaign starting with people from his South West Region; S.M Afolabi (National I.D Card Scam), Tafa Balogun (former IG of Police), Bode George (NPA Scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola and Femi Fani Kayode (former Ministers of Aviation). We hardly hear of Sentiments, Tribalism and Favouritism then. It's now a different story under GEJ. What exactly is the recurring Problem? GEJ only claims to fight corruption with his lips and on the media. If OBJ was still in power, he would have delivered a keynote address during Mandiba's memorial yesterday because you dare not mess up with him.
I still strongly believe that this
Jonathan's Administration
Cultivates, Breeds, Grows, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.[/b]
Lets do away with emotional rants and deal with FACTS. See below the post below comparing the anti-corruption fight during the OBJ era versus what is happening under the current govt.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 12, 2013
People often compare anti-corruption fight in the days when OBJ held sway as president to what is happening under the current govt. Now, this thread is open for this comparison based on FACTS (not based perception or media noise).

In my opinion, the fight against corruption that we saw during the regime of OBJ was full of drama, deceit and PLAYING TO THE GALLERY. It was characterised by sack and prosecution of some senior govt officials (SOME of whom were deliberately set up by the same govt). The cases that stand out include those of the former Inspector-General of Police, Tafa Balogun; former senate president, Adolphus Wabara; former education minister, Prof. Fabian Osuji and former health minister, Nike Grange.

However, after much DRAMA and dancing in the media many of those cases of corruption could not stand judicial scrutiny. Below is the statement made by the Appeal Court while freeing the duo of Adolphus Wabara and Prof. Fabian Osuji of the allegations of corruption slammed on them by OBJ:

"the charge was bogus and failed to establish a prima facie case against the accused persons.... the prosecution failed to attach the list of witnesses and other relevant documents to the charge as required by law....the criminal charge was frivolous, baseless and had no merit and as such could not be sustained"
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/02/n50-million-scam-court-frees-wabara-osuji-abdulazeez/

There was also so much media DRAMA around the arrest and prosecution of serving and retired governors for alleged corruption in the OBJ era but NO conviction was secured. I mean NO conviction in 8 years.

Again, what is the point in recruiting people of questionable character and thieves into ones govt only to later sack them in the name of fighting corruption? Wouldn't it have been more beneficial to Nigerians and the govt if the president had ab initio gone for people of high integrity?

Now lets subject the DRAMA and all the media shenanigans that went into fighting corruption in the OBJ era to further scrutiny. Did it lead to stable electricity, better roads, better aviation sector, restoration of rail transport system, improved infrastructural development in our schools, reduced unemployment, reduced poverty,etc?

And most importantly, did the sack of some people for alleged corruption reduce corruption in the country then? Did it stop or reduce the ghost workers syndrome? Did it stop the Halliburton and Seimens bribery scandal (linked directly to the presidency)? Did it stop electoral fraud, which is considered by many as the GREATEST form of corruption? How did it help in the alleged misappropriation of $16 billion in the NIPP power projects? How did it help in the alleged N50 million per legislator 3rd term bribery scandal that rocked the NASS? And so and so forth.

And how much really (in terms of naira and kobo) did Nigeria save as a result of the sack of those people? And where was the extra funds, if any, invested? Was it in roads, railways, Airports, hospitals, schools,etc?

Now lets compare the OBJ PLAYING TO THE GALLERY strategy of fighting corruption and the current president's SYSTEMATIC strategy of fighting corruption below:

1. The Biometric based integrated pay roll system instituted by this govt has saved the nation a whopping N120 billion annually, which was lost in the past to Ghost workers. The benefit from this alone, exceeds whatever would have been gained by playing to the gallery.

2. Transparent privatisation of PHCN. This singular measure has completely freed that sector from public sector corruption. The govt contracts,bribery, etc are gone for good.

3. Eradication of the fraudulent fertilizer subsidy scheme. The Growth Enhancement Scheme (GES) instituted by this govt eradicated DECADES of fraud in the fertilizer distribution system. Farmers registered under the scheme now receive their fertilizer via mobile phones. Govt no longer awards contract for fertilizer purchase. This system alone, saved the govt N25 billion in 2012. In the past, the N25 billion would have been lost to corruption and contracts. No wonder the agric minister was recently made FORBES MAN OF THE YEAR 2013.

4. Removal of fuel subsidy. The complete removal of fuel subsidy would have COMPLETELY eradicated the fraud in that area. Unfortunately, the protest stalled the whole thing.

5. FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS. This for me is the greatest tool for fighting corruption. Leaders who are truely elected by the people tend to be more ACCOUNTABLE to the people. This is what this govt has done through free and fair elections

6. Passage of Freedom of Information bill. This law further enhances transparency in govt. Past govt refused to pass this law.

And so on and so forth. These are in addition to whatever the EFCC and ICPC are doing.

Now, Nigerians should choose between PLAYING TO THE GALLERY and DRAMA in disguise of fighting corruption and fighting corruption using SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY with TANGIBLE BENEFITS

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by deletrue: 11:17am On Dec 12, 2013
ceo4eva: [b] Just within a space of 3 days, OBJ, Tambuwal and Sanusi have all indicted the President of Massive Looting and Unabated Corruption.
Moreover, these 3 men are in the same political party (PDP) with Jonathan and not Opposition parties.
Though OBJ is not a Saint, but During his Administration, many were booted out due to his Anti-Corruption Campaign starting with people from his South West Region; S.M Afolabi (National I.D Card Scam), Tafa Balogun (former IG of Police), Bode George (NPA Scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola and Femi Fani Kayode (former Ministers of Aviation). We hardly hear of Sentiments, Tribalism and Favouritism then. It's now a different story under GEJ. What exactly is the recurring Problem? GEJ only claims to fight corruption with his lips and on the media.
Cultivates, Breeds, Grows, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Praise yourself man! Have you considred other factors that led to Obasanjo's pulling down these names above? The circumstances surrounding this country that time?
You will agree with me that your brain regions is as light as what I will describe as feather, meaning, completely emty. Something is still telling me that the actual meaning this thread is carrying is too deep for your level to comphrend.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by funshint(m): 11:17am On Dec 12, 2013
Though OBJ is not a Saint, but During his Administration, many were booted out due to his Anti-Corruption Campaign starting with people from his South West Region; S.M Afolabi (National I.D Card Scam), Tafa Balogun (former IG of Police), Bode George (NPA Scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola and Femi Fani Kayode (former Ministers of Aviation). We hardly hear of Sentiments, Tribalism and Favouritism then. It's now a different story under GEJ. What exactly is the recurring Problem? GEJ only claims to fight corruption with his lips and on the media. If OBJ was still in power, he would have delivered a keynote address during Mandiba's memorial yesterday because you dare not mess up with him.
Bro I go sue U̶̲̥̅̊ for plagiarism; U̶̲̥̅̊ just copy my post without acknowledgement. Anyway nothing do U̶̲̥̅̊...
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Boyewu: 11:23am On Dec 12, 2013
engrflames: mr president, a thousand shall fall at thy side n ten thousand at thy right hand, but it shall not come nigh thee
That's when he walk/work with Him (God)
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by tunde1200(m): 11:23am On Dec 12, 2013
superstar1: Reuben Abati is a disgrace.

He cajoled us all to think, he is good governance fighter. He got to Aso Rock and the tune changed.

He is now the megaphone of the corruption ridden administration.

God is indeed a patient God.

Indeed

Gbam.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by khattab02: 11:23am On Dec 12, 2013
some one said yesterday '' don't always trust news from premium times'' now it is that same premium times that published the reply to the letter. Abati throw a strong and better rebuttal than this, you can do better than this na.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by obayaya(m): 11:25am On Dec 12, 2013
naija2dabone: By january 2015, I will take up a voluntary full time job campaigning and promoting the candidature of GEJ and his transformation programme (Note that I did not say transformation agenda). This is because, GEJ administration is a CLEAR DEPARTURE from how Nigeria has been runned over the years. It is indeed a breath of fresh air in terms of performance and results.

It is true that this administration has faced a lot of deliberate action aimed at weakening it resolve through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and destruction of govt plans and programmes but doggedly, GEJ keep matching on shaming cynics.

Nigeria: Forward ever, backward never!

Gbam!!! seconded... I'm starting the campaign already.. trying to explain this misconceptions about the presidency to ppl around me in my own Lil way before the lies festers..

till I see a better candidate for 2015, GEJ all the way

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by kinharold(m): 11:26am On Dec 12, 2013
I support GEJ but I have said before that GEJ as president may not provide the capital projects and infrastructural development needed in the South-South (Niger Delta) in particular but will provide an opportunity for individuals to take their portion of the national cake that as we know comes from the region. At the end we will have many stupendously rich individuals while the region and people still remain impoverished. That exactly is what is happening now.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by ceo4eva: 11:28am On Dec 12, 2013
funshint:
Bro I go sue U̶̲̥̅̊ for plagiarism; U̶̲̥̅̊ just copy my post without acknowledgement. Anyway nothing do U̶̲̥̅̊...
Cheers! Hopefully, we'll get it right someday. There's hope for the future!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by khattab02: 11:28am On Dec 12, 2013
pwettyolly: Seriously aren't we all tired of all this people av they not done enough to damage our future , if we continue casting blames it wil take us nowhere why don't we use this opportunity of the crack btw them in creating the Nigeria we all want I am not supporting anybody because they are all thieves let we the youth take back what rightfully ours let march up for freedom cowardness nd fear will take us no where tribalism and religious fight is doing us better harm than good for all e warriors supporting one party or the other are you ok with your present state of condition don't you feel you deserve more this is our country let us fight for it because sooner or later we all will be reminded of what we have done in contributing to our country let fight for what we believe in CORRUPTION must go irrespective of whoever is promoting it be it TINUBU OR GOODLUCK OR OBASANJO OR THE NORTHERN ELITES they av had there feels it time for us to take our future's in our HANDS
Gbaam! Superb post.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by januzaj(m): 11:31am On Dec 12, 2013
AWARD! AWARD!! AWARD!!! D Worst head of states award goes to aboki..ABACHA... D worst elected president award goes to omo ina.. JONATHAN. Am proud to b a yoruba

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by Pataki: 11:31am On Dec 12, 2013
Abeg let the roforofo fight continue and they expose themselves even more. OBJ is a typical fool. I am supposing the death of Mandela is hitting hard on this old fool. He wants to be remembered for something tangible in this country. Idiota!

When you had the chance to set this nation on the right path, you were so vindictive about Nigerians rejecting your third term bid, you basically forced Umoru and Retardeen on us. Now you are here, typing this gibberish verbiage to your appointed heir. May the maggots who feed on your dead body remind you of the agonizing pains you have inflicted upon Nigerians with this shame of a President you forced upon this country.

Your letter does not move me. It only makes me feel sorry for your end. I sincerely pray that GEJ will for once have the balls to flog you with shame when he decides to respond to you.

OBJ the old fool.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by BigBen10: 11:31am On Dec 12, 2013
For morons on this thread,

This is not about the personality of OBJ or JEG. Stick with the issues raised. Are they true or false? Can somethings be done better or not? Crisis in PDP is it good or not?(mind you PDP is still the largest partly and so crisis within affects every Nigerian)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by theoctopus: 11:32am On Dec 12, 2013
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by kennytidistar(m): 11:33am On Dec 12, 2013
caution! the ring master (chief obj )..is doing what he knows How to do best. all of them including apc leaders will jointly called for the elongation of Jonathan tenure or rig election in his favour and allow innocent and jobless youth to keep themselves busy over their poo.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by khattab02: 11:34am On Dec 12, 2013
patriotic007: See a man that ruled Nigeria for 8yrs with nothing to show for it and now he is a saint,....see a man that ordered for the masacre of armless civilians and now he is talking of divisiveness,....see a man that under his watch our railway died totally and now he is talking of broken promises,...see a man that could not account for 16billion dollars meant for power and now he is talking about corruption,......SMH,.... If GEJ should fight corruption the way OBJ wants then OBJ will be in jail by now ,......
Lol.. That doesn't matter us the average Nigerians. Atleast it show how credible and transparent his administration is. I would love that to happen if he can do it. And not only Obj oo, including all those involved, past, present and future.
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by emmyoha87(m): 11:36am On Dec 12, 2013
Its the loss of value in our society that has created space for men like Abati to change the tune of his music because meals have been set before them, the family of Abacha is still being mentioned in good light despite the horror they put us through and someone like OBJ can easily forget the type of President he was.
The price of Democracy is eternal vigilance, we would get out of this mess, I know we would surely as a People and the battle would be won via the Social Media.
FOR GEJ, ONLY TIME WOULD REVEAL HE'S TRUE COLOUR cause I think we are at the brink of having a Nehemiah or a Nebuchadnezzar!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by IdJack(m): 11:36am On Dec 12, 2013
There is Sense in every Nonsense......let us look deeply on what OBJ said. although he had his own flaws..

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by silverprince413(m): 11:36am On Dec 12, 2013
na obasanjo carri goodluck waka o
Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by JECBOSS: 11:36am On Dec 12, 2013
IdJack: There is Sense in every Nonsense......let us look deeply on what OBJ said. although he had his own flaws..
God bless U. OBJ is not a saint, but Some people won't see anything out of his statement because their sense of reasoning is beclouded!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative by AreaFada2: 11:38am On Dec 12, 2013
Wonders shall never end. See who's talking.

Nigeria is the only country where an armed robber in the mould of Oyenusi/Anini will be calling a pickpocket a thief.

OBJ lecturing another person about corruption. Muchechechechechechee. I dey laugh o.

In saner climes OBJ should be cooling his heels in jail and getting sodomised by hardened criminals for his massive corruption.

Let OBJ return all his loot, then we'll join him to hound GEJ. Until then he's a tribal hypocrite.

Does he still want to come and serve his third them?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Egbesu : Return My Symbol Of Authority, Tompolo Begs Buhari / I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.