Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,466 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu (47396 Views)

Bola Tinubu Hails Withdrawal Of Forgery Charges Against Saraki & Ekweremadu / Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR / Saraki And Ekweremadu Tutored On Life In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by Damsuk(m): 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
The Federal Government of Nigeria has filed a motion to withdraw the charge of criminal conspiracy against Senate President Bukola Saraki and his Deputy, Ike Ekweremadu.

An affidavit in support of the motion was filed before the High Court of Federal Capital Territory on Thursday by a litigation officer from the Federal Ministry of Justice, Odubu Loveme.

Messrs. Saraki and Ekweremadu, as well as a former Clerk of the National Assembly, Salisu Maikasuwa, and a former Deputy clerk, Ben Efeturi, were first arraigned before Justice Yusuf Halilu on June 10, 2016 via charge No. CR/219/16.

They all pleaded not guilty on July 27, 2016.
In the motion filed Thursday, Mr. Loveme said counsel to the Federal Government on the matter, Aliyu Umar, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, on September 30 in the office of the Director of Public Prosecution told him that he had studied the case diary and “ had decided to amend the charge in the manner stated on the face of the motion paper”.
Mr. Loveme added that he has, consequently, filed an amended charge.

“That I depose to this affidavit in good faith believing same to be correct to the best of my knowledge and information and in accordance with the Oaths Act Cap 01 laws of the Federation of Nigeria,” he said.
Based on the amended charge, only Messrs.

Maikasuwa and Efeturi would face prosecution.
Count 1 of the charge against the two civil servants, is that of Criminal Conspiracy punishable under section 97 (1) Penal Code Act ( Northern States) Federation Provisions Act, 1960, Cap 345, laws of the Federation 1990 as amended.

It read that “ Salisu Maikasuwa and Benedict Efeturi, on or about the 9th day of June 2015 at the National Assembly Complex, Three Arms Zone, Abuja within the jurisdiction of this honourable court agreed to do an illegal act, to wit to make the Senate Standing Orders 2015 as amended without the authority of the 7th Senate of the Federal republic of Nigeria which act was committed by yourselves and that you thereby committed the offence of criminal conspiracy.”

The two officials are accused of fraudulently amending the 2015 Senate Standing Orders without the authority of the 7th Senate “ with intention that the Senators elect of the 8th Senate would believe that the said Senate Standing Orders 2015 ( as amended) was made by the authority of the 7th Senate of the Federal republic of Nigeria.”

They are also accused of forging a document punishable under section 366 of the Penal Code Act ( Northern States) Federal Provisions Act, 1960, Cap 345, Laws of the Federation 1990 ( as amended).
The Nigerian Government also accused them of giving false information with the intention to mislead the public.

The Court had on September 28 adjourned the matter to Friday, October 7 for commencement of hearing.
Mr. Umar, in his written address in support of the motion to amend the charge on Thursday, stated that the sole issue for determination is “ whether the Court can permit the amendment of the charge in terms of the amended charge”.
He said the Court has the powers to permit the amendment based on the provisions of Section 216 (1) of the Administration o Criminal Justice Act.
The Section stated that “ A Court may permit an alteration or an amendment to a charge or framing of a new charge at any time before judgment is pronounced.”

He also quoted Section 216 (3) which states that “ Where a Defendant is arraigned for trial on an imperfect or erroneous charge ,the Court may permit or direct the framing of a new charge, or any amendment to, or the alteration of the original charge.”

Source:http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/212228-breaking-nigerian-government-withdraws-forgery-charges-saraki-ekweremadu.html

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by abokibuhari: 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
This great news is about to send thousands of zombies to their early grave, I am here just to read comments from sarki abi na sarrki , omenka, passingshots, modath, midolian, egift, rilwayne001, dropshots, quotasystem and uncle gbawe.....

ngenekwenu

Bettercreature, you welcome sir grin

Fulanimafia , you welcome officially on board
I am proud of saraki, and nothing would happen to him.

Its a victory not only for democracy but for the youths of this great country
9899000 where art thou?? Hahahaaaa
Hungrybad no go smell this thread at all......
Today is a great day for us, many souls shall wail tonight and forever..

PA CHUKWUDI WAS INSULTED AND BANNED ALL BECAUSE OF SARAKI, AND TODAY HES BIN VINDICATED. HE STOOD AND FOUGHT FOR THE LIGHT AND TODAY HES BIN REMEMBERED AS A MAN WHO STOOD FOR TRUTH. MAY GOD BLESS HIM. I AM DEDICATING THIS FTC TO PA CHUKWUDI....

I can see midolian , he is highly welcomed... For those who don't know midolian, he was the one postings live threads abt saraki trials. Today, we are going to send him into 'recession'. For zombies this thread is read and pass, no comments. Hahahahaaa
God is great for this news, my heart is full of joy..
midolian:
And the baton was passed from a clueless and direction-less government to a more clueless and direction-less government

Saad*
Midolian my bro! It is well
Rilwayne001:
[size=13pt] Buhari the certificateless ineffectual dullardiho, you are really fighting Kwaraftion.

Kwatiniu.. [/size]

I cursed the day i voted for this Government cry cry embarassed

Rilwayne001! I said it but you insulted me... It is well
-Ozaoekpe

262 Likes 21 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
Tinubu wont like this .... Buhari why? angry angry

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by JEWELCOSMETICS: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
Ok
Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by CSTR2: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
And the terrible governance continues. Instability and short-sightedness in govt policies and actions is exactly why the economy is in doldrums.
Nigerians are trying.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by NextGovernor(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
Omenka, Hungerbad, Sarrki and Ngenu go faint if them hear this news.

143 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by Mujaheeeden: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
grin

Change Government

11 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by psucc(m): 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
So na the clerk go now be their sacrificial lambs?
Govt of back and fro.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by afanide: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
Please tell me you are joking

This can't be happening when we have a no nonsense technocrat who is fighting corruption as a president......

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by Mujaheeeden: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
NextGovernor:
Those ones are these

114 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by abokibuhari: 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
afanide:
Please tell me you are joking

This can't be happening when we have a no nonsense technocrat as a president......
Pls wake up sir, its morning in Japan hahahahaaa

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by Oluwabusobomi(f): 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
Finally, the zoo president is waking up gradually

Tinubu ntoooo tongue

109 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by talktrue1(m): 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
Episode 1 has finished. They will come up with another episode to deceive the masses while 4 years elapse

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by 989900: 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
"Government magic . . . dem go dabaru everything . . . dem go turn blue into white . . . government magic . . . " -Fela.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by Dcomrade(m): 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
After all the media trial and conviction!!! grin

173 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by abokibuhari: 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2016
989900:
"Government magic . . . dem go dabaru everything . . . dem go turn blue into white . . . government magic . . . " -Fela.
Ha! Baba don't give up on buhari, he's going to change naija hahhahahahahaaa

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by naija2dabone(m): 9:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
Yeye dey smell

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by naijaking1: 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2016
NextGovernor:

Or they are busy checking the best price per mg for super strong rat poison.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by midolian(m): 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2016
And the baton was passed from a corrupt, clueless and "direction-less" government to a more corrupt clueless and "direction-less" government.

Ayam Saad*

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by eph12(m): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
How this is great news to some people is what I don't understand

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by willjoe: 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
General Buhari MUST be commended for his true course in fighting CORRUPTION

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
This is is bad news angry

5 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by MadeInTokyo: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
grin grin grin

Lol

Buhari has disappointed his zombie followers.

Buhari, El Rufai, Amaechi, Amosun, Fayemi, Fashola and the SGF wants to use Saraki to checkmate Tinubu loyalists in the senate.

They want to cut Tinubu to size and render him politically irrelevant.

But Tinubu will not back down

Tinubu is going back to realign with PDP

Even Saraki does not trust Buhari and his cabal, he knows they want to use him and dump him, Saraki will keep his alignment with PDP intact and strong.

The battle for 2019 has begun

144 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by ificatchmodeh: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
Okay.
2019 politics..
Bubu gat to do what he gats to do..to be re elected.
Politicians are beginning to realign..ifeanyi just won his case at federal high court..with. Cost of 27billion.

Next..efcc will lose their teeth and many matters will die down..including patience's.

Nigeria politics same yesterday, today,tomorrow and maybe till we restructure .

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by TheFreeOne: 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
grin grin grin

Political exigencies and realignments in the making...negotiations has started.

APC implosion/restructuring about to go full steam.

Zombies watch out. grin grin grin

37 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by id911(m): 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
It was all a game to fool the gullible APC followers that they are fighting corruption.

If I were Saraki and Ekweremadu, I'll immediately instruct my lawyers to sue them for 2 Trillion Naira for damaging my reputation

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by Rilwayne001: 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2016
[size=13pt] Buhari the certificateless ineffectual dullardiho, you are really fighting Kwaraftion.

Kwatiniu.. [/size]

I curse the day i voted for this Government cry cry embarassed

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by Obijulius: 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2016
The zombie above me see ur words below:

The day Nnamdi Kanu will be freed ur belle go burst, mark my words that day is very near.

Rilwayne001:
to Kayode Ogudamisi's facebook and twitter handle:

@radiobiafralive was hacked! Listeners were entertained with provocative Hausa Songs on its 15560 kHz 9 meter band shortwave as IPOB Leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu fails to get 1 Civil Servant to fulfil his bail condition..

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=748253295308865&id=100003726052110&_rdr

grin grin grin Laf wan bomb my belle (LWBMB)

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by Rilwayne001: 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
midolian:
And the baton was passed from a corrupt, clueless and "direction-less" government to a more corrupt clueless and "direction-less" government.

Ayam Saad*

cry cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by azerbaijanbase: 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
Rilwayne001:
[size=15pt] Buhari the certificateless ineffectual dullardiho, you are really fighting Kwaraption.

Kwatiniu.. [/size]

lwkmd

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu by Arrow24: 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
Rilwayne001:
[size=15pt] Buhari the certificateless ineffectual dullardiho, you are really fighting Kwaraption.

Kwatiniu.. [/size]

ha bro don't lose hope yet nah

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Billboard Of Imo State’s Ministry Of Happiness Permanent Site Under Construction / Defence HQs releases photos, names of soldiers murdered in Okuama, Delta State / Bukola Saraki Meets Ademola Adeleke In Osun Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.