Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,269 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

A Lecture For Atheists - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Lecture For Atheists (7940 Views)

Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists / Questions For Atheists!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: he was very articulate in explaining the need for a self-existent cause. You are the one bringing hell into this now. Just like you read "hell" into everything I say because of your hatred for yhwh.

I am not trying to rally DS's supportance. I'm just commending him for the way he explains things.

Think for a while and you realize that if a self-existent being caused man into existence, he must have had a purpose and a will for man and earth. And he must have had a way of communing with men.

What do you have against yhwh? What fuels your hatred for him? Hell? Why are you so angry that yhwh has declared that iniquity will be punished in hell? Infact, don't answer these questions here, lest we derail this thread.

Lol, deepsight was articulate in explaining a self existence cause, now you want me to consider a self existence being.

I hope deepsight can see what I was trying to say. These people are extremely dubious when they talk about a cause.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 9:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
rationalmind:

Ooh, really?

The child is right to dismiss the woman as his mother until she provides indisputable evidence
she's actually his/her mother. What evidence have you provided? 5 pages into the thread, NONE.

I even like this analogy of yours. You saying your God is the source of intelligence, he is the eternal, uncaused, undesigned being is analogous to the woman screaming, I am your mother. I was the one that gave birth to you. I had you in my womb for 9 months.

That is no evidence.

And the last part of your analogy about the child saying he has no mother is non-sequitor. We have evidence that everyone must have a mother. What evidence have you provided that the universe had a creator?(and I mean, your own creator, Allah)

And who is talking about that?

We haven't derailed the thread. The thread has always been a lecture for atheists. You were attempting to lecture us on the origin of the universe only to beg the question.

Once again, the analogy flies past his comprehension. #LOL
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
maclatunji:

Once again, the analogy flies past his comprehension. #LOL

grin grin the analogy was succinctly debunked
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
If only people will start by saying "It is possible that"
The way I see it, philosophically explaining that there is a self existent cause would not quite cut it in today's world.
There has to be hard evidence of some sort put down on the table else its a case of my logic vs your logic.
re: cause vs being

1 Like

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by MrTroll(m): 11:13pm On Dec 24, 2013
Chrisbenogor: If only people will start by saying "It is possible that"
The way I see it, philosophically explaining that there is a self existent cause would not quite cut it in today's world.
There has to be hard evidence of some sort put down on the table else its a case of my logic vs your logic.
re: cause vs being
End of.

I wonder why Deepsight states his intuitions amd conjectures as proof of anything when he knows the history of how man, from antiquity has always explained what he didn't know.

And @DS, no. It is not a case of self existent universe or self existent cause. The cause could have been any number of THINGS, which of course we know nothing about.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 12:14am On Dec 25, 2013
cold:
Of course,unlike you, I do not lay claim to knowing the beginning of existence.But your attempt to link existence to your imaginary friend but falling short of telling us where this existential being originated from is not only feeble and laughable,it is ludicrous.Seriously,I don't think you know how pathetic this level of reasoning is you flaunt as intelligence.It would have been funny if it wasn't so painfully disturbing

Awwww... you got beaten at the game. #Sorry
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 12:19am On Dec 25, 2013
rationalmind:

grin grin the analogy was succinctly debunked

Trust me, you get 0/10 for comprehension. It is well known that certain students who will score an "F" tend to be bullish and confident about the grades they will get once they walk out of the examination hall.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Kay17: 12:22am On Dec 25, 2013
@mactunji

What happens to Faith, when human knowledge grasps the concept of God?
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by cold(m): 12:45am On Dec 25, 2013
maclatunji:

Awwww... you got beaten at the game. #Sorry
Whatever helps you sleep well at night bro
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 1:01am On Dec 25, 2013
Kay 17: @mactunji

What happens to Faith, when human knowledge grasps the concept of God?

Please, expatiate on this question- I want to be sure I understand the question I am answerinh.

Thank you.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Kay17: 7:16am On Dec 25, 2013
^^
What will be the relevance of Faith if human knowledge suffices?
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 25, 2013
maclatunji:

Trust me, you get 0/10 for comprehension. It is well known that certain students who will score an "F" tend to be bullish and confident about the grades they will get once they walk out of the examination hall.

Lol, hilarious you ever accused me of ad-hominem.

What you have up there is classical ad-hominem. Address your debunked analogy or keep quiet.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2013
Let me help Deepsight and maclatunji to underatand the failure of their first cause argument.

1) Human beings had a cause
2) The earth was caused
3) The universe was caused
4) Everything has a cause

5) The first cause aka God has no cause.

Failures
1) Number 5 is a direct contradiction of number 4. Everything has a cause but we then bend logic and create special rules for God not to have a cause.

2) "cause" is a loaded term. In science, that word is only used when an established relationship between two entities has been ascertained and the question of 'how' is answered. For instance we know that natural glass is caused by lightening. How- when it strikes the sand the shape and texture of the sand changes.
Now, if I ask deepsight or mac about how God caused the universe, would I get an answer?

3) "God" is a meaningless term. The best definition of "God" is-

"A word used when man can't explain his environment and he is too proud to admit it"

Example

-how was the universe formed? I can't tell you but god did it

-what is man's origin? It is not evolution and I can't tell you the details but god did it

It is funny how these theists do no know what God looks like or sounds like or whewre he lives or how he operates but they know that he created the universe.

Could we know that charles darwin founded the theory of evolution without kbowing aything tangible about him? If people didn't see him or his works in his own writing, would we believe that he existed and did such works?
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2013
Kay 17: ^^
bibilical faith has a direct relationship with knowledge. Bibilical faith arises from knowledge. Through knowledge of God and his word and power, faith in God(absolute trust in him) is born.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: bibilical faith has a direct relationship with knowledge. Bibilical faith arises from knowledge. Through knowledge of God and his word and power, faith in God(absolute trust in him) is born.

Yes, that makes sense. This is why the most christian places in the world are the most lacking in knowledge. Makes sense

Sarcasm*
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: bibilical faith has a direct relationship with knowledge. Bibilical faith arises from knowledge. Through knowledge of God and his word and power, faith in God(absolute trust in him) is born.

Maclatinji makes the same claim while using Quranic faith.

Try again
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by texanomaly(f): 8:14am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it and Seasons Greetings to those who don't.

Good to have you back LB. I see you are wasting no time. smiley
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 25, 2013
texanomaly: Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it and Seasons Greetings to those who don't.

Good to have you back LB. I see you are wasting no time. smiley

Is it what I'm thinking?cheesy cheesy

Sorry o op, just lightening up the atmosphere here.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 25, 2013
Logicboy03: Let me help Deepsight and maclatunji to underatand the failure of their first cause argument.

2) The earth was caused

Failures
1) Number 5 is a direct contradiction of number 4. Everything has a cause but we then bend logic and create special rules for God not to have a cause.

2) "cause" is a loaded term. In science, that word is only used when an established relationship between two entities has been ascertained and the question of 'how' is answered. For instance we know that natural glass is caused by lightening. How- when it strikes the sand the shape and texture of the sand changes.
Now, if I ask deepsight or mac about how God caused the universe, would I get an answer?

"A word used when man can't explain his environment and he is too proud to admit it"

Example

-what is man's origin? It is not evolution and I can't tell you the details but god did it

It is funny how these theists do no know what God looks like or sounds like or whewre he lives or how he operates but they know that he created the universe.

Could we know that charles darwin founded the theory of evolution without kbowing aything tangible about him? If people didn't see him or his works in his own writing, would we believe that he existed and did such works?

I think deepsights position of a cause is quite sensible unlike that of our religious brethren.

Take for example the string theory which says our universe was formed by the collision of two other parallel universes. If proven, that's something deepsight is ready to consider as cause.

Unlike our religious brethren who already "know" with certainty Allah/Yahweh caused it.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 25, 2013
rationalmind:

I think deepsights position of a cause is quite sensible unlike that of our religious brethren.

Take for example the string theory which says our universe was formed by the collision of two other parallel universes. If proven, that's something deepsight is ready to consider as cause.

Unlike our religious brethren who already "know" with certainty Allah/Yahweh caused it.

Deepsight is the one eyed man among many blind people. His position might be a bit better but still flawed.

His god is meaningless still.......
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by cold(m): 8:54am On Dec 25, 2013
Ok let's put this argument to bed,i'm a creationist. Hope y'all happy now?

2 Likes

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 8:56am On Dec 25, 2013
Logicboy03: Let me help Deepsight and maclatunji to underatand the failure of their first cause argument.

2) The earth was caused

Failures

Example

Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Deepsight is the one eyed man among many blind people. His position might be a bit better but still flawed.

His god is meaningless still.......

grin grin
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 9:23am On Dec 25, 2013

2) The earth was caused

Failures

Example

The greatest problem with Atheists is their inability to accept the limitations of the human being. You cannot observe all natural phenomena, you do not understand all natural laws. Yet, you want to postulate mastery of the workings of the universe via your own observations.

You cannot even master how the earth works...

Even in physics, the rules change when certain phenomena are involved.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 25, 2013
maclatunji:

The greatest problem with Atheists is their inability to accept the limitations of the human being. You cannot observe all natural phenomena, you do not understand all natural laws. Yet, you want to postulate mastery of the workings of the universe via your own observations.

You cannot even master how the earth works...

Even in physics, the rules change when certain phenomena are involved.

As usual maclatunji brings an inferior argument that destroys his own position

You say that we can not understand verything about the earth or universe but yet, here you are, talking about this supposed creator of the earth and universe with certainty.

Your argument has nothing to do with proving a first cause. Saying that the. Human mind is limited is not an argument here
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 9:46am On Dec 25, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, hilarious you ever accused me of ad-hominem.

What you have up there is classical ad-hominem. Address your debunked analogy or keep quiet.

Actually, you did not get the analogy at all. Hence, you get 0 over 10. I cannot be making points, then have to explain them to you again. If it is beyond you, I will just leave it at that. If someone else gets it, I will be glad to address their point.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by sushieater: 9:50am On Dec 25, 2013
rationalmind:

Guy, did you just say that?.

Remember this? ==>

rationalmind:

Deism in my opinion is nonsense. I'd rather be a theist than a deist.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 25, 2013
sushieater:

Guy, did you just say that?.

Remember this? ==>

Hahahaha, that's nairaland for you bro. Our views and thoughts evolve. Mine has evolved too.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 9:53am On Dec 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

As usual maclatunji brings an inferior argument that destroys his own position

You say that we can not understand verything about the earth or universe but yet, here you are, talking about this supposed creator of the earth and universe with certainty.

Your argument has nothing to do with proving a first cause. Saying that the. Human mind is limited is not an argument here

You cannot totally understand a system you are a part of. Einstein knew this:

" Quantum physics tells us that reality is far
beyond human perception and intuition.
In other words, our rational mind and
common sense are just not capable of
understanding the true nature of reality.

http://www.sol.com.au/kor/11_01.htm

^This article is instructive for anyone ready to think.

I have claimed that God is independent of the rules of the universe because he created it and cannot rely on it. The science agrees with me.
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 25, 2013
maclatunji:

Actually, you did not get the analogy at all. Hence, you get 0 over 10. I cannot be making points, then have to explain them to you again. If it is beyond you, I will just leave it at that. If someone else gets it, I will be glad to address their point.

Okay, let's see if I got it or not. You made an analogy of a child who doesn't know his mother who eventually meets someone claiming to be his mother. The child then says, no, no, you are not my mother, I have no mother.

Isn't that the analogy or is there something I'm missing?
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 25, 2013
maclatunji:

You cannot totally understand a system you are a part of. Einstein knew this:

" Quantum physics tells us that reality is far
beyond human perception and intuition.
In other words, our rational mind and
common sense are just not capable of
understanding the true nature of reality.

http://www.sol.com.au/kor/11_01.htm

^This article is instructive for anyone ready to think.

I have claimed that God is independent of the rules of the universe because he created it and cannot rely on it. The science agrees with me.

You made a claim about God which science has no positioN on and you believe sceince supports your claim.

Is there a scientific conclusion on the existence of God in the first place? No, but you go ahead and hang your funny claims about god on science.

I made a logical argument agaimst the first cause argument but your reply was to claim that we donr know everything about the universe. That is not only a non seqiutur but a strawman as I never that I or ayone knows everything about the universe
Re: A Lecture For Atheists by maclatunji: 10:00am On Dec 25, 2013
Kay 17: ^^

Read my last post. Human knowledge of the universe is like the case of the 6 blind men of Indostan http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant

It cannot be totally accurate, cannot suffice and at some point faith has to come in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo A Freemason Or The Architect Who Constructed Most Of His Church / Rome's Sodomite Pedophile Agenda Subtle Sodomization Of African Children / When The Grace Of GOD Becomes A Roller-coaster To Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.