Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ (41674 Views)

APC Tweets About Money AIT Got From GEJ's Administration. Do You Agree? / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / I Want To Buy Cow From Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by BishopMagic: 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
explicit770: Jonathan,u ve not paid those of us that have worked our December salary,u are doing 'father xmas' for the rich.
Most of the federal workers are yet to be paid their salary,no money to even buy chicken for xmas and u are giving out a whole cow to someone dat does nt need it.
God dey o!

You are a liar!

I have friends who work for the FG here in Abuja and they have all since been paid.

You people sha

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by Sike(m): 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
Wonders no go end for this our obodo Nigeria.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by hangman: 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
Bakare and El'Rufai are fond of seeking cheap and low-rated publicity; Nigerians do not list you two as Messiahs..
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by taharqa: 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I have always told you, you are not as clever as my neighbours lobster pet! That is one reason your mother had to go bribe that officer before you were employed under GEJ.

I know in your household, with the best achievement haven been a state schooling leaving certificate with 5 Ds and 3F9s, and a diploma in cookery, a profile like that of Abati is an inspiration to your generation.

Now face the purpose of this thread and stop derailing it.
Show us d 'Achievements' of yr father, guy. Why are u still dragging yr feet about it?... Maybe I might not hv to offer him d Security posting afterall
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by jaytee01(m): 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
[quote author=ilugunboy]That goes to show that you can't use a cow to buy some people's conscience
Haba! But we have some e-rats here on nl who have sold their conscience for much less. They pounce on you anytime you ask for anything remotely resembling good governance and accountability.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by jaytee01(m): 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
taharqa: Well I wud have commented on this properly but I can't, cos d source of Info is Elrufai, who is a known LIAR and a Clown. Any oda Source plz??
If anybody deserves to be called a llar and a clown and more...you will be a suitable candidate for that crown.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 11:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
1000 cows for those 1000 people on the GEJ'S watchlist.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by callmenow: 11:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
Tunde Bakare is a charlatan. This is festive season. Jonathan is not in the habits of giving cows. If he wants to give someone something, he always invites the recipient to Aso Rock for bonding first. Bakare is not MOG. He is very fake. He wants to rule Nigeria. He has been marginalised within the APC. He is now looking for relevance. However I agree that people can receive or reject things politely without displaying their lack of CLASS. This methinks is a political trick. Stir up controversy and claim that you are serene (A la OBJ). I thought El Rufai will have berthed a Job by now instead of acting as a THUG/TOUT. He is always with Femi Nematode in Abuja. Friends of OBJ. Political Sons of the discredited OBJ. PASS

Liveair: If this is true, then Jonathan has made another Blunder.
Is he trying to buy Bakare? I can only imagine how many others GEJ must have sent same to.
However, to show the President some respect, Bakare should have rejected it politely.

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by callmenow: 11:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
@taharqa is spot on. EL- Rufai is a notorious liar. Pint sized poison. @Jaytee01, take em easy. It does appear that you love your guy, EL Rufai. But that guy is only interested in being in the news. But the amount of lies attributed to your 'friend' ranks higher if not the same with SaharaReporters. To put it another way, El Rufai is a stranger to truth, if it helps. Goodluck with the company you keep.

jaytee01: If anybody deserves to be called a llar and a clown and more...you will be a suitable candidate for that crown.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by binhozie(m): 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
Trojan COW
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by Ozonna(m): 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
[quote author=jaytee01][/quote]

Just so you know, the 'E-rats' are not only synonymous with one party.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by shegsrules(m): 11:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nasir goes to church afta some go d talk, if we all reason like does wit cash I bet u religious crisis go reduce.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2013
After reading some of the comments on this topic, all I can say is goodluck to Nigeria(every pun intended) because it appears we are forever damned. To GEJ handlers, y'all need to start doing your jobs o.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by cuteboy2: 12:14am On Dec 30, 2013
ndala: Pastor Tunde Bakare rejects Christmas cow from President Jonathan

By Phillip Eta on December 29, 2013

Tweet

Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir El Rufai, has revealed that Pastor Tunde Bakare, the General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, turned down a cow, which was reportely sent to him for Christmas by President Jonathan.

In a tweet posted on Sunday, El Rufai wrote: “Just learnt that GEJ sent a Christmas cow to Pastor Bakare, but Pastor asked – is it cow we need in Nigeria? Nigerians want good governance!”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1488944_n2_pngf40190025275dc3489d324718bb5217b

It is believed that Pastor Bakare made this known to his congregation, as moments before then, El Rufai tweeted: “On my way Latter Rain Assembly to see my egbon, Pastor Tunde Bakare, by God’s Grace….” and later told his followers that, “Inside Latter Rain, Pastor Tunde Bakare praying for peace, stability and unity of Nigeria in 2014….that our nation gets capable leaders…”

It is public knowledge that the president and the fiery man of God do not go along well, so it comes as a surprise that he decided to send the gift.

Nasi-liar has come again-oooooo with his lie-lie tweets.
If GEJ sent Bakare a cow, you can be sure Tinubu and Lai-r Mohammed would organise a rally fast, with the presidential cow as the main speaker. They would then proceed to plead with the cow to decamp to APC grin grin grin.

This is nothing but a Holy Cow that haunts the dream of habitual liars grin grin grin grin. My belle wan burst from lafta.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by Revolva(m): 12:16am On Dec 30, 2013
COW......hey Jonathan i beg...suffry suffry yo are too currupt.....

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by cuteboy2: 12:32am On Dec 30, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The presiding overseer of the Latter Rain Church and the convener of Save Nigeria Group, Pastor Tunde Bakare has lambasted the Presidency for giving him a cow as gift this Christmas.

He told his congregation in Lagos, southwest Nigeria, on Sunday that he did not solicit for the cow which he said was dumped at the office of the Save Nigeria Group, SNG, in Lagos by people from the Presidency.

According to Bakare, “I had a cow from the Presidency. I didn’t ask for it. They dropped it at the Save Nigeria Group office… But is it cow that we need? If you check their books, one cow could have been bought for $5,000. The rest of the money is pocketed! We don’t need cow, we need a country that will move forward!”

He added that “they prevailed on me not to return it. Thanks for the cow, but no thanks! That means no cow for me next year (laughs). But we will have good roads, schools etc! We are the cause of our problems. We feel big when Mr President sends us hampers etc… We go to them for contracts etc… Until we change ourselves, we cannot expect change from those who lead us!”

He said the way things are going, very soon people in power will be giving out elephants as gift during festive periods, saying it was wasteful to give such gifts when the money used in purchasing them could be used to provide hospitals, good roads, schools, etc.

He announced that he was giving out the cow, adding that the problem with Nigeria was that the nation has low men in high places.

Inconsistencies throughout the story. See bolded texts.

(1) How can you "give out" a gift you rejected? Does that not amount to accepting it?
(2) He claims it was "dumped". When you dump something, it means it was dropped secretly by faceless people. How did the the same people who dumped something surreptitiously then turn around to plead with him to accept it ?
(3) How did he determine the cow droppers were from Presidency? Abi they wore Aso Rock face caps or tee-shirts?

Cheap popularity stunts. Rather than use the precious church service period to point his congregation to the Jesus who supposedly called him to preach, he is using the pulpit to score cheap political point. Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by cuteboy2: 12:41am On Dec 30, 2013
sammyj:
Hello, common to spell GEJ Don turn wahala. It is well for us in this country. Calling people names will not help ur failed brother.

But calling GEJ names by the e-rats and internet trolls is OK, and will help your aspiring brother abi??

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by cuteboy2: 12:43am On Dec 30, 2013
shegsrules: Nasir goes to church afta some go d talk, if we all reason like does wit cash I bet u religious crisis go reduce.

Eyaaaa!!! "Nasir Goes to Church"!!! After blaspheming Jesus and disparaging the virgin Mary in his tweets
Sounds like Eze Goes to School stories.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by BishopMagic: 12:44am On Dec 30, 2013
cute-boy:

Inconsistencies throughout the story. See bolded texts.

(1) How can you "give out" a gift you rejected? Does that not amount to accepting it?
(2) He claims it was "dumped". When you dump something, it means it was dropped secretly by faceless people. How did the the same people who dumped something surreptitiously then turn around to plead with him?
(3) How did he determine the cow droppers were from Presidency? Abi they has Aso Rock face caps or tee-shirts?

Cheap popularity stunts. Rather than use the precious church service period to point his congregation to the Jesus who supposedly called him to preach, he is using the pulpit to score cheap political point. Pathetic.

You are by far one of the few intelligent people here.

If I was to have a forum like NL would be registered users will have to pass an IQ Test
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by Solowande(m): 1:27am On Dec 30, 2013
Mr President where is my cow cos by my last check I'm still a citizen of your country
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by omogidi234(m): 2:35am On Dec 30, 2013
ibnzubair: Rejecting a gift is not the best way to seek good governance. The gift seems to mean "lets put our pasts behind us". IMO, he should have accepted it then advice the president as a friend, well-wisher and good citizen.

By the way, why should the news come from El-Rufai? Isnt he a muslim?

everything you said was okay until that muslim part. we need to get to a place that we look at ourselves as first and foremost human beings, Nigerians before tribe, religion etc.

I got a good job in Ikoyi when I started my careers years back through a muslim link.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by princessayesha(f): 2:54am On Dec 30, 2013
;DNairaland members are solely responsible for what they post
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:02am On Dec 30, 2013
Let's not forget GEJ once gave Pastor Bakare $50,000 for "transport money". If he refused that kinda cash, what makes u think he'll accept ur cow?
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:06am On Dec 30, 2013
eze-best:
That GEJ is the president of the country neither changed his faith nor willingness to share with people during festive period. Why trying to score a cheap political point by the political preacher? Lest I forget, thought he foresaw a change in Aso Rock some months ago?...Wondering how some gullible Nigerians still take him serious.
It's not his money to spend however he feels. In a country where most of the people don't think like you, this cow would cost GEJ his job.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by dexpee4life(m): 5:44am On Dec 30, 2013
[quote author=johnwizey]Mayb na poisoned cow

GEJ might be bad but he is not like you and your family dat dont have the fear of God in them. He respects Men of God. Unlike YOU
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by AreaFada2: 6:10am On Dec 30, 2013
Picture or it didn't happen.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by Tonylyte(m): 6:43am On Dec 30, 2013
taharqa: Well I wud have commented on this properly but I can't, cos d source of Info is Elrufai, who is a known LIAR and a Clown. Any oda Source plz??
wat if gej sent cow to that dude? Wat is bad in it? The fact is that, i dnt tak that dude(el_rufai) serious, the other day he was crying on fb abt the death of hs inlaw, probably hs cusin or sort, i had to tel hm to go and burry hs broda and stop disturbing nigerians, we hav tonnes of people to mourn. Hs followers started raining insults on me, wit their half-baked english....i dnt k watever they tink, say or do. Itz only here dat people loose elections to their oppositions and becomes enemies. Gej was in kenyan to celebrate their indipendient wit them. There, he met the opposition of the current president, celebrating the indipendient wit the presido. In naija, if u invite el_rufai, he wil turn u down, only to go and tweet it out to the world, all in the name of turning dwn the offer of the presido...if u're the enemy of mr president, then u"re the enemy of nigeria. If u"re the enemy of nigeria, u shuld be the enemy of nigerians.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by Baron75: 6:54am On Dec 30, 2013
geeworld1: GEJ neva seizes to amaze mee
Ceases pls, not seizes.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by Baron75: 7:26am On Dec 30, 2013
This is ridiculous and cheap publicity coming from Tunde Bakare and El- Rufai. Would one cow sent to Bakare stop the President from carrying out projects? Or what is wrong is extending a hand of reconciliation to an opponent or "enemy" as Bakare presents, through gesture? After all, this is Xmas and most of us gave out gifts. I did too, even to those I had problems with and most of them have reconciled with me. I see no reason why Bakare can not accept such a simple gift and still focus on his political target. After all he preaches reconciliation, forgiveness and peace as a christian preacher. And if he doesn't want to accept it, does he need to publicize his rejection? If he wants to advise GEJ, he has other media for that than the pulpit. His attitude shows that he doesn't act what he preaches and it is poor behavior. He is a politician instead of a pastor. It is only in Nigeria that one loses election and turns himself an enemy of the winner. Elections are either won or lost. Winning or loosing is determined by the voters, and the looser should accept it and wait for the next election. Whether you win or you loose, either way you achieved something because your name has joined the list of heroes. You can play opposition, but no the enemy's role.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 30, 2013
Bishop Magic:

You are a liar!

I have friends who work for the FG here in Abuja and they have all since been paid.

You people sha

Don't be in haste to condemn that statement. As at Dec. 25, 2013, only about 15 ministries have been paid their salaries. The truth is that, money has been spent...
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by Omooba77: 7:48am On Dec 30, 2013
Bishop Magic:

You are a liar!

You people sha
Problem with Nigerians we are not truthful; we just want to castigate what we don't love even if it is based on pure lie. I read Pastor Bakare account in Punch; Governor Amosun of Ogun too send cows, yet El-Rufai covered that part...........God save Nigeria.......

Bakare disclosed that he got cow gifts from the Presidency and the Ogun State Government during the Christmas, but appealed to the President to face the task of providing basic necessities of life for Nigerians rather than sending cow gifts.

“I was prevailed upon not to return the gifts like the late Gani Fawehinmi did to (Buba) Marwa, when Marwa was the military governor of Lagos State. I don’t eat such meat. That does not mean that I will not tell the President to face his work and do it well. We need good roads; not cow. We need water, power supply; not cow meat,” he said.
Re: Tunde Bakare Reject Cow From GEJ by Ngwakwe: 8:22am On Dec 30, 2013
Thank goodness he listened to voice of reasons and exercised maturity in keeping the cow gift.

Bakare disclosed that he got cow gifts from the Presidency and the Ogun State Government during the Christmas, but appealed to the President to face the task of providing basic necessities of life for Nigerians rather than sending cow gifts.

“I was prevailed upon not to return the gifts like the late Gani Fawehinmi did to (Buba) Marwa, when Marwa was the military governor of Lagos State. I don’t eat such meat. That does not mean that I will not tell the President to face his work and do it well. We need good roads; not cow. We need water, power supply; not cow meat,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-guilty-of-his-allegations-against-jonathan-bakare/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan / Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD / FG Forcefully Exits 5,781 N-Power Beneficiaries From The System, Warn Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.