Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? (36996 Views)

/ . / Is Ebonyi State More Viable Than Anambra And Abia?---IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kel4soft: 8:22am On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's if you've asked every single Igbo person in PH where they're from. But you're right. It's hard to find an Ebonyi person unlike Imo and Anambra peeps. It's the same thing for Cross River peeps who rarely travel out. Most of the people we actually call Calabar are from Akwa Ibom state.

Normally when I meet a friend I always ask state of origin not that am an ethnic bigot

Yes the Akwa Ibomites are once referred to as Calabar but since the transformation of Uyo, they no longer want to identify themselves as Calabars anymore. They tell you straight, they are from Akwa Ibom

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by LMAyedun(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2013
LOL!!! cheesy
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Chamackh(m): 8:52am On Dec 31, 2013
Ndi Igbo jiri nu nwayo na esu onwe nu imi na iro ma obu n' ama. Onye aghala nwanne ya irrespective of the state divide.

30 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Vicjay1(m): 8:54am On Dec 31, 2013
Nothing is happening there. Hw will they make headline.......

Vic-jay
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's if you've asked every single Igbo person in PH where they're from. But you're right. It's hard to find an Ebonyi person unlike Imo and Anambra peeps. It's the same thing for Cross River peeps who rarely travel out. Most of the people we actually call Calabar are from Akwa Ibom state.
you are right about the calabar part. Their language sound very similar. A lot of people can't tell the difference between an akwa ibom indigene and a calabar man/woman.

Aspa the ebonyi part. I have never met someone from the SE who's from ebonyi state. I even had to google their Governor and i have never seen his face on the tv or newspaper until now.

Sam egwu was quite popular back then though.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by boniflex(m): 8:57am On Dec 31, 2013
For real d state is still made up of primitive individuals, xpecially in rural part of abakiliki, very local and primitive lol, pls guys just try and watch d film (Nwa Abakiliki) u will know wat am telling u lol....
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:57am On Dec 31, 2013
Ebonyi State indigenes constitute the highest number of migrant farmers and otapiapia sellers in Osun State.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Smily202(m): 8:58am On Dec 31, 2013
Proudly Ebonyi. .... God will uplift us One day........

btw.....

The only activity I hear in another State is many.......crime, molestation, Boko haram, Apc do this apc do that......

Live N let Live Ebonyians

18 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by demolaprof(m): 8:59am On Dec 31, 2013
mascot87: Lol I served in that state and I can tell you that their is nothing to report about that state.They are living in stone age and the funny part of it is that with the number of people i spoke to their, they seem to feel comfortable with whatever they get good or bad and they don't complain.They don't insult their leaders and they believe that even if their governor is not performing well, God will give them someday someone that will perform well.I remember the Ezza, Ezilo,Ameka,Ameri, ikwo people.They don't bother about anything,they just live their life and peacefully.If you hear Enugu people say "you this Abakaliki man" it's an insult o,it mean say you be mumu.They believe Abakaliki people too mumu.Abeg free them jorr,they are in a world of their own
to butress ur stand on dis issue, i must say dat ignorance abound in dat state. I'm currently serving there
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 31, 2013
One of the reasons why we don't need more states in Nigeria, most of them are just there to waste resources. When every state starts being responsible for their natural resources, police, education,Agriculture, ministries and Salaries, the clamour for state creation will be less.

5 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ifechez: 8:59am On Dec 31, 2013
kel4soft: I have lived in Port Harcourt for larger part of my life. I can count one or two Ebonyi peeps I have met. Even while in school, you rarely find them. Compare that to other SE states. Then, you know exactly what the OP is talking about.

Another State that comes to mind in South-South is Cross River to be honest. Quite out there.

If you come to st john's junction iwofe road u will notice that majority of shop owners are from ebonyi state and they are doing well.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by emmog25: 8:59am On Dec 31, 2013
mascot87:
Lol
I served in that state and I can tell you that their is nothing to report about that state.They are living in stone age and the funny part of it is that with the number of people i spoke to their, they seem to feel comfortable with whatever they get good or bad and they don't complain.They don't insult their leaders and they believe that even if their governor is not performing well, God will give them someday someone that will perform well.I remember the Ezza, Ezilo,Ameka,Ameri, ikwo people.They don't bother about anything,they just live their life and peacefully.If you hear Enugu people say "you this Abakaliki man" it's an insult o,it mean say you be mumu.They believe Abakaliki people too mumu.Abeg free them jorr,they are in a world of their own

Are u a graduate for real? ... scared as I was reading... #Jesussaveournation.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by rman: 9:00am On Dec 31, 2013
Maybe nothing news worthy is happening there.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by aieromon(m): 9:03am On Dec 31, 2013
Ebonyi looks like a town and shouldn't have been made a state. I was disappointed by the lack of development in a state known for producing rice and yam. I spent some days in the best hotel in the whole of Abakaliki and had to go downstairs to fetch water. The people are good farmers but do not share the business spirit possessed by other Igbo neighboring states. The world class road connecting Abakaliki from the Aba-Umuahia-Owerri expressway cutting through Onueke and Afikpo has seen re-laying and modification work every year because the Chinese contractors claim water seeps from underneath. Thank Anyim for that road though.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 31, 2013
Qualitative education and economic exposure will save Ebonyi and Ebonyians.
But, the state is picking up infrastructurally, Ebonyi isn't as bad as some Nairalanders paint it.
Same way Nigeria would mean hell if you should beleive what some Nairalanders say about Nigeria.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ugonna1054(m): 9:03am On Dec 31, 2013
Why does ZAMFARA STATE always make Headlines is it that many things happen there .

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by iconize(m): 9:04am On Dec 31, 2013
Abagworo: The problem with Ebonyi, Taraba and Northern Cross river isthat they are oddly position just at the end of Nigeria separated from Cameroun by rocky mountains that makes smuggling and cross-border trade an almost impossiblity. I love Ebonyi State and Ebonyi people especially Afikpo. Its the most green part of Igboland with the most humble but warlike Igbos.
Ebonyi dudes have this fighting attitude in them, and they're marathon racers via selling gala and pepsi.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by emmabest2000(m): 9:04am On Dec 31, 2013
But do remember that 90% of movement for the actualization of sovereign state of Biafra members are Abakaliki guys ..

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by nijanigga: 9:04am On Dec 31, 2013
Nightshift: Ebonyi state is always on my mind. I love the taste of farm products from the state. Be it yam or rice Abakaliki ( as we call them in Igboland), their taste is always unique.
The green state is to Nigeria what Congo DR is to the world - its agriculture potential could be worth over $100 billion over decades. Its mineral deposits are unrivaled in Igboland.

Watch out for Ebonyi's future!
Empty barrel estimates, do you know that by 2020 the kinds of food we will consuming will change?

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ifechez: 9:04am On Dec 31, 2013
boniflex: For real d state is still made up of primitive individuals, xpecially in rural part of abakiliki, very local and primitive lol, pls guys just try and watch d film (Nwa Abakiliki) u will know wat am telling u lol....

mumu!!! they are not primitive and backward. just that they are poor. bear in mind that the Afikpo axis do go to skul like any oda part of Igbo.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by barackodam: 9:04am On Dec 31, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Rubbish.. If not for suntai saga when last did u hear about taraba, or kebbi or jigawa

no worry, BH BOYS go soon make u hear abt dem
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by vanunu: 9:04am On Dec 31, 2013
The funny thing is that Ebony state is one of the few states in Nigeria that can do without oil, there internally generated revenue is the highest in the south east.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 9:05am On Dec 31, 2013
Anambra and Imo have land crisis even though people are denying it for pride. They've moved away from their traditional occupation of farming and now traders and civil servants because there is barely enough land to farm. Ebonyi on the other hand still has enough land to farm and many of them have not been put under the population pressure experienced in half North of Imo and half South of Anambra. So it is very likely that most Igbos people will meet are from a small section of Igboland between Owerri, Okigwe and Awka.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 31, 2013
Ask d state Governor

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2013
vanunu: The funny thing is that Ebony state is one of the few states in Nigeria that can do without oil, there internally generated revenue is the highest in the south east.
You're right about that. So, i don't know why some people say Ebonyi is not self sustainable despite the fact it has one of the highest IGR in the entire country.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by jayAjoku(m): 9:08am On Dec 31, 2013
WMD: The silence from that part of the country givs me great concern wallahi. . . No insult pls. Is jst that i dnt hear them even in our network news or am i the only one?
wetin concern parrot with Bedbugs
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Eefhay: 9:10am On Dec 31, 2013
ebube77: Abakaliki is even better when compared with Ibadam, Ado-ekit and osogbho.

Huh? Where are these places u mentioned? Is always good not to limit yourself to that Abakaliki farm,
Please kindly travel outta that farm and get updated okay?
We wanna see your state in the news. With this ineptitude to accuracy in usage of intelligence you just displayed maybe because of ethical bigot that filled remaining ought to be useful part of your brain indisposed your consciousness.

We showed concern because we see u as our brothers that shouldn't be forgotten in the bush...

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Robert Clarke: I Can’t See Saraki Last For 9 Months / Jonathan Wanted Kachikwu To Replace Diezani - Olisa Metuh / Germany Set To Deport Many Nigerian Migrants On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.