Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? (36980 Views)

/ . / Is Ebonyi State More Viable Than Anambra And Abia?---IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by An0nimus: 10:45am On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's if you've asked every single Igbo person in PH where they're from. But you're right. It's hard to find an Ebonyi person unlike Imo and Anambra peeps. It's the same thing for Cross River peeps who rarely travel out. Most of the people we actually call Calabar are from Akwa Ibom state.
The bolded is so so true. I've been corrected a few times myself.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kingofpool: 10:45am On Dec 31, 2013
Obi Okpor: cn someone pls tell me wt dz man is sayn!!!
Onye arah...... How would u knw what am saying
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by yungben(m): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2013
Ebonyi looks like a town and shouldn't have been made a state. I was disappointed by the lack of development in a state known for producing rice and yam. I spent some days in the best hotel in the whole of Abakaliki and had to go downstairs to fetch water. The people are good farmers but do not share the business spirit possessed by other Igbo neighboring states. The world class road connecting Abakaliki from the Aba-Umuahia-Owerri expressway cutting through Onueke and Afikpo has seen re-laying and modification work every year because the Chinese contractors claim water seeps from underneath. Thank Anyim for that road though.

Re: Is Eb
U mean u slept in d best hotel at abakaliki
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 31, 2013
I happened to be in ebonyi state last 2 weeks,had a supply job to equip abt 5 MDG hospitals in izzi ,ezza ,enu enyiem and also the mater catholic hospital in afikpo...the 2 major towns in ebonyi are abakiliki and afikpo ,I passed thru a lot of quarry industries with full commercial activity...
A lot of agricultural activities goin on too,buh I think if the Govt can introduce mechanised Agric revolution,they'll be more productive..the people are peaceful but I hear they are very aggressive when u look for there wahala..
You could carry money in a cellophane bag and won't be worried abt bandits unlike what's obtainable in Lagos & Onitsha...

The only wine bar that would impress you is The Brifina ,also houses the only night club in abakiliki ,the brifina would impress u spacious and cleaner than most clubs any of u might have been to..

When it was been built I wondered why the owner was investing millions in abakiliki instead of Enugu ,my last visit showed me how wrong I was...

Ebonyi is a new state ,still developing buh I believe good governance will set them on the right path..a lot needs 2 be done on improving human resources and agriculture..

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Bizibi(m): 10:50am On Dec 31, 2013
Abeg that state need a good leadeer,the state just have to change but I blive a good leader will make the change
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by musicwriter(m): 10:51am On Dec 31, 2013
I'm proudly from Ebonyi state the least corrupt people/state in Nigeria.

You are not hearing from us because there are no boko boys bombing the state. Every man, woman, boy, girl is either at school, farm, market.
We are hard working fellows who believe in the dignity of labour and not in your Nigerian get rich quick model.
I remember when my sister heard I bought a car and had to call me from the village asking me how I got money to afford a car. Very funny.
So, bottom line; you are not hearing from us because we are not part of the crazy loothing in this country that create all the bad news coming out of other states. Bad news sells, and we have no bad news for you. I guess that's why you guys don't get to hear from us.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Lilimax(f): 10:51am On Dec 31, 2013
Chamackh: Ndi Igbo jiri nu nwayo na esu onwe nu imi na iro ma obu n' ama. Onye aghala nwanne ya irrespective of the state divide.
well said
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Smily202(m): 10:55am On Dec 31, 2013
mascot87:
Get lost you fool.You started the insult forgetting that respect is reciprocal.My previous comment about the state was not to pull the state down but just to state my observation but you madm*n came in to tribalise the whole thing (characteristics of an ibo man).I love Ebonyi people for there peacefulness except for the Ezza vs Ezilo massacre that occurred during my stay their.I know Ebonyi state very well most especially the state capital and afikpo where the orientation camp is located so what foolish talk are you saying.Don't get me angry or I curse you

What was so matured about you supporting liars and
people with nothing better to do but insult and sander
other people? undecided
Is this your own warped idea of adult diffusion? undecided
.....better respect ur self ooh...I didnt throw insult on u....I just quote ur insulted post on someone.....Don't even get your time....Planning to make a better tomorrow for me n my fellow Ebonyians n the whole Nigeria at large.....
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ojoko1(m): 10:56am On Dec 31, 2013
finni: I did my National Youths Service in that state between 2009 and 2010. My major observation is that the people are highly satisfied with their situation. The politicians parade themselves as kings. The politicians normally come at night to pick the very minor students in the place of my primary assignment (Model Comprehensive Girls' Secondary School, Ugwuachara, Abakaliki) then. We chased them away with stones on many occasions and the students normally fight us on this as they believed that we were depriving them.

Another observation is that their men are way too lazy; you will see them playing all sorts of game while the women are busy in the farms. That is the only state I saw women setting blocks on building as "bricklayers".

Another good observation is that many of their ladies prefer not to get marry; as they believed that getting married is like inviting more hardship. The men are fond of abandoning the children with the mother or worst still sleep with their own daughters. That state has highest case of INCEST (Based on the cases of INCEST reported by my students during a program organized by my CDS Group NYSC/EFCC Integrity Group).

My final and very positive observation is that many of them, especially the female students, have the spirit of fighting for their right. All they need is people that can lead them to bring a change against their very wasteful politicians.

My state is not that better though! EKITI

So by mentioning that Ur state is not that better, u deserve an applause? I doubt if u live in Ur so called State.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by yungben(m): 10:57am On Dec 31, 2013
Samfigo1: Oh yea! Mind u not only Ebonyi state alone o... Infact since d creation of more 6states, i've never heard ZAMFARA state in d news or av they been amalgamated?.... Lol.
. Lol

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kel4soft: 11:01am On Dec 31, 2013
ifechez:

If you come to st john's junction iwofe road u will notice that majority of shop owners are from ebonyi state and they are doing well.

You stay at Iwofe? How is that your road now? MCC doing any work there? All the best anyway.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Akanbiedu(m): 11:01am On Dec 31, 2013
ojoko1:
So by mentioning that Ur state is not that better, u deserve an applause? I doubt if u live in Ur so called State.

grin grin grin LOL

musicwriter: I'm proudly from Ebonyi state the least corrupt people/state in Nigeria.
You are not hearing from us because there are no boko boys bombing the state. Every man, woman, boy, girl is either at school, farm, market.
We are hard working fellows who believe in the dignity of labour and not in your Nigerian get rich quick model.
I remember when my sister heard I bought a car and had to call me from the village asking me how I got money to afford a car. Very funny.
So, bottom line; you are not hearing from us because we are not part of the crazy loothing in this country that create all the bad news coming out of other states. Bad news sells, and we have no bad news for you. I guess that's why you guys don't get to hear from us.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Smily202(m): 11:03am On Dec 31, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

grin grin grin LOL

Hahahahaha

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by naturalmi: 11:04am On Dec 31, 2013
Bizibi: Abeg that state need a good leadeer,the state just have to change but I blive a good leader will make the change
I don't know why a lot of people make a fuss about ebonyi state. We need good leaders who are not going to siphon the money there. I love this thread cuz it is a sensitization forum for all ebonyian to stand up and vote the right ones deviod of any discrimination. People can say a lot but it doesn't change the fact that we are a lil'bit different from other part of Nigeria but I see it as a challenge to us to rise up and walk up tall irrespective of what other people says

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by 2pmstcharles(m): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2013
mascot87:
You are mad and I can't blame the sperm that brought about your existence,it is from a foolish man. Do you think I am a tribalistic bigot like you and your family?I served in enyigba bush community for your information and I am talking from fact.Who are you to ask me what year I served. You are a fool and your father is a fool for not training you well
u re just a bita man, aint gat ur time
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2013
Ebonyi State has a lot of guinea worms.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by orjifavour(f): 11:05am On Dec 31, 2013
some people just talk because they have the freedom of speech, Ebonyi state is one of the smallest newly created state in Nigeria even in FG allocation, they receive the peanut share... and yet still look for ways to survive with their natural resources..... some state enjoy the benefit of other state not remembering their natural resources..... talking of headline... they don't need to make headline to achieve their best or is this post all about politics...... OP IS UR STATE BETTER OFF
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by orjifavour(f): 11:06am On Dec 31, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Ebonyi State has a lot of guinea worms.
as if urs don't have maggot
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ichidodo: 11:07am On Dec 31, 2013
No news is good news
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Profcharles2002: 11:07am On Dec 31, 2013
Are your sure?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Lilimax(f): 11:09am On Dec 31, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Ebonyi State has a lot of guinea worms.
That was in time past undecided Guinea worm has been eradicated... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by daddyiel(m): 11:10am On Dec 31, 2013
Many people write from Abuja, i am from Ohafia, i base in Another city, i spent 2012 in Abakaliki(Ai) as we call it, they are nice and loving people if u meet them in their place, , very violent outside their state, their men drink shekpe(kaikai) in the morning while their women do the hardest work including concrete and bricklayering, i know alot of them that very intelligent and good.... The truth is civilization is yet to reach 90% of them. In the whole SE Ai 's crime rate is 10%, they don't bother about making fast cash, if they have a small house, 3 wives, 20 children they are comfortable. Its not there problem how the child will grow up, thats why woman and child labour is high there....
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by 2pmstcharles(m): 11:12am On Dec 31, 2013
Ebonyi state is not in d news what of Now Ebonyi state is not in d news what of Now
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Lilimax(f): 11:13am On Dec 31, 2013
Ebonyi people are very hard working. We call them Ndi ogu ukwu (people that carries big hoe around )in Umuahia where I'm married to grin They farm a lot and they are peace loving.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:14am On Dec 31, 2013
orjifavour: as if urs don't have maggot
Mbeke, you don't know my state, to start with.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:16am On Dec 31, 2013
The same flatheaded people that curse Ekiti State can't defend Ebonyi State.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ichidodo: 11:16am On Dec 31, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Mbeke, you don't know my state, to start with.
Itshekiri he-goat is your state not suffering from oil pollution?

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by richyblink1(m): 11:18am On Dec 31, 2013
iconize:
Ebonyi dudes have this fighting attitude in them, and they're marathon racers via selling gala and pepsi.

Guy you got me cracked up while laughing in the office, my colleagues thought I am going mad.

So na only gala and Pepsi them they run for?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Bizibi(m): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2013
orjifavour: some people just talk because they have the freedom of speech, Ebonyi state is one of the smallest newly created state in Nigeria even in FG allocation, they receive the peanut share... and yet still look for ways to survive with their natural resources..... some state enjoy the benefit of other state not remembering their natural resources..... talking of headline... they don't need to make headline to achieve their best or is this post all about politics...... OP IS UR STATE BETTER OFF
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
abeg it just have to change,the peanut is still in billions na,this is 2013 heading towards 2014 ebony I need d change akpabio did in akwa ibom
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Solupeace: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2013
I've to take a time out to comment on this as doing otherwise will be a great disservice to my great state.@op I hope the essence of creating this topic is to" put" EBONYI on news and not to pour insults on the great people of Ebonyi. It's heart-breaking to see how Nigerians use any available room to belittle others, in this case,Ebonyians. This state was created in 1996 together with Bayelsa,Ekiti, Gombe, Zamfara and Nassarawa: any objective criticism should be done bearing these states in mind. There is no state in Nigeria that does not have a handful of enlightened individuals , so Ebonyi is not handicapped at all. I don't intends to start mentioning names as we live in information age and whosoever that truly wants to know about Ebonyi can easily get it.I'm a gtreat Ebonyian also from Okposi:as a person I have travelled to all the states of Nigeria and have always held my head very high as a young Nigerian. Okposi as a town not to talk of the state capital can pass as a very civilised place any time. I must not fail to add that I'm not impressed with mascot87 who was sent to Ebonyi to help build and also be her Ambassador but he has turned himself to be the chief prosecutor notwithstanding the love and kindness that he was showered with though he has taken it for timidity. I served in Sokoto and have since been turned to an apostle of the state. Ebonyi is young and developing and definetely need to be in the news to facilitate its development and not for negative reasons. Long live Ebonyi State,long live Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:28am On Dec 31, 2013
ichidodo: Itshekiri he-goat is your state not suffering from oil pollution?
The oil pollution in my state, Delta is due to vandalism. You know it.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ichidodo: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
The oil pollution in my state, Delta is due to vandalism. You know it.
Guinea worm infestation in Ebonyi State has been eradicated and you know it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect / Two Million People Will Start Receiving ₦20bn Monthly From June - FG / APC Carrying Out Horrible Protests In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.