Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? (36997 Views)

/ . / Is Ebonyi State More Viable Than Anambra And Abia?---IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by awodman: 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
coldasice11: Proudly Ebonyian... Ugwulangwu to be precise. Ndi nkem jokwa.
Jokwa Nwanne m...
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Kingspin(m): 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
So, out of the 36 states in Nigeria including Abuja only Ebony is the least state making news round. You must be offered free brain test. For ur information, there are many state that infact they are not in existence. They are just answering state as a name. And again what type of news are we looking at because some states are in the news for the wrong reasons. For me, they are not even up to 15 states that are making headlines. Is not about the gov. of a state in the news but, the economic activities of the people, businesses, industries and other thing that makes a state buoyant should be the main issue. If you talk about Ebonyi state what about Taraba, Bauchi, Borno, Ekiti state,etc. What are they still doing for Nigeria? What is their general contribution. Do they depend only on monthly oil money sharing and tax revenue generated from few states. The OP have crazy things in mind for mentioning Ebony. But why should a state be in the news and for hw many times. Is it for the right or wrong reason. Pls correct urself. Some of these state have no sur-name to begin with. What are u talking.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by nigerfine: 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
me_for_you: Ebonyi people are just too local. They are mostly farmers and not civil servants like Yoruba people. Yorubas write a lot of petition that's why their governors are always in the news
see them comparing state and a race
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Pukkah: 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva: The east generally is not being covered by other parts of the country for some reason. .

For what reason is that?

The Afam! You want to come up with a conspiracy theory of media blackout against the region? grin

Why would the media, whether new or old, leave a state or region uncovered if something is happening there and the leader/governor is vibrant, dynamic and productive?

Can you give some examples of newsworthy events that have been left unreported in those states/region by the 'old' media but reported by the new media?

On another note, do you want to compare Martin Elechi to Sam Egwu or Orji Kalu to Theodore Orji in terms of charisma and candour?

Can you compare Donald Duke to Liyel Imoke?

Why is Akpabio better reported than Attah and Amaechi more reported than Odili? Aregbesola is better covered than Oyinlola and Oshiomole also better covered than Igbinedion.

It depends on the activities in the state and the passion, industry and creativity displayed by the governor.

No need for any conspiracy stuff Afam.

If there was, Martin Elechi won't have been widely reported last week on the statement he made of the National Conference.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by bishopsamuel(m): 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
coldasice11: Proudly Ebonyian... Ugwulangwu to be precise. Ndi nkem jokwa.
jesus!so my town's man de dis forum

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Pukkah: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm aware of this and i also notice it in their approach to life generally. They don't seem to be interested in amassing wealth like other Igbos. They seem comfortable in the level they are at. I think that has to change and it will change if more enlightenment is done.

The Afam!

Weren't you the one that stated some moments ago that it was because other parts of the country weren't covering the region except for 'new media'?

You've now agreed with the OP?

What has changed?

You sef!
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Solupeace: 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
onyibajoe:
Bros, God bless you for this post. My people never let me down. Proudly Okposian. Currently home with four of my friends. They never miss travelling home with me after one experience. We are so grooving this town. I love Okposi! I love Ohaozara! I love Ebonyi.
I pray God gives Ebonyi a young and visionary Governor come 2015.
Onyibe thank you. Send me well to everyone at home,regards.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
awodman: I just the watch as una dey bash my state..no wahala sha but I know we are great guys...I remember the look on my friend's face when they get to know am from Ebonyi..cos of how polished and enlightened I appear to be

My sis @JustbeingMe nailed it...its only peeps from Ebonyi central and Ebonyi North that are dragging us back but things are looking up...

Presently Enjoying my hols in my village in Ebonyi south...Great place cool
Hay!! just hold it there with that ur south bull.shit.
Most of you southerners are too ashamed to be called ebonyians ....'it is only when it suit you'
The earlier we team up and salvage our state the better.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Pukkah: 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's if you've asked every single Igbo person in PH where they're from. But you're right. It's hard to find an Ebonyi person unlike Imo and Anambra peeps.

The Afam!

See how you're contradicting yourself.

Is it possible for anyone to ask every Igbo person in PH where he is from?

You then moved on to say the guy is right!

Why do you dance to the right and left at the same time?

Haha! Choose one side now.

It would be interesting, if not tiresome or exasperating, to know you in person. Phew!

Have fun anyway.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by odirar: 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
Dats true coz dey are really abannaaa
mascot87:
Lol
I served in that state and I can tell you that their is nothing to report about that state.They are living in stone age and the funny part of it is that with the number of people i spoke to their, they seem to feel comfortable with whatever they get good or bad and they don't complain.They don't insult their leaders and they believe that even if their governor is not performing well, God will give them someday someone that will perform well.I remember the Ezza, Ezilo,Ameka,Ameri, ikwo people.They don't bother about anything,they just live their life and peacefully.If you hear Enugu people say "you this Abakaliki man" it's an insult o,it mean say you be mumu.They believe Abakaliki people too mumu.Abeg free them jorr,they are in a world of their own
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nightshift(m): 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Its funny you are saying Abakaliki was neglected during the old Anambra era but when we say Peter Obi is trying to develop every town simulteniously in Anambra you object and want him to focus on Awka,Onitsha and Nnewi. Most Enugu town is currently going through the same degree of porverty that once prevailed in Ebonyi. Thanks to Chime for focusing on Enugu city!
There has never been more duplexes built in Enugu rural areas than over the last ten years.

Most Enugus's former servants of old Nnewi spare parts tycoons are importers now. From Nkanu to Ezeagu, Agwu to Nsukka, Enugu's young entrepreneurs are waxing strong.
In my town, we have heavyweights in Electrical parts and Aluminum business. Evidence of big new monies are abound in some rural communities of Enugu.
I don't blame you, keeping on hiding your arzz in USA, while folks are making progress in Coal City state.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Iykeponti(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
Chamackh: Ndi Igbo Ihere megbu o kwa unu, jisinu ike sa wa unu ruri unyi na iro/ ama.
ogini ka umuigbo mekwalu ozo grin ife obuna anyi gwalu ndi ebonyi, aburo mkpali...kama obu ka fa nweike meetie up... anyi acholo any state na ala Igbo wechigha anyi aka clock azu. ANYI MA NA FA NAGBA MBO.. Ukwu okuko zolu nwa ya adi egbuya egbu....

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Solupeace: 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
achi4u: Hay!! just hold it there with that ur south bull.shit.
Most of you southerners are too ashamed to be called ebonyians ....'it is only when it suit you'
My brothers let's not pick fight unnecessarily so as not to wash our dirty linens in the public. South,central or north,we are all ebonyians. Thruth be told, Ebonyi is great and will be greater when we all colloborate.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by NovusHomo(m): 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
WMD: The silence from that part of the country givs me great concern wallahi. . . No insult pls. Is jst that i dnt hear them even in our network news or am i the only one?

What? Who? Where is that? cool grin
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Iykeponti(m): 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
Chamackh: Very bad of you. If you don't withdraw this you comment you will definitely regret it someday. Ma Chi!
Biko nnam, iwe ewena gi.... Okwanu ekwensu ka osi naka...
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
To be honest,I never really paid any attention to the state until recently. I have always known Ebonyians to be farm laborers or petit traders. However,my recent research on the state openned my eyes to a lot of things about them. The state happens to be doing well academically,a lot of them are also in the force and agricultural potential of the state is quite intimidating. If the state resources is well managed they will definitely become one of the most influential state in se.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
Pukkah:

The Afam!

See how you're contradicting yourself.

Is it possible for anyone to ask every Igbo person in PH where he is from?

You then moved on to say the guy is right!

Why do you dance to the right and left at the same time?

Haha! Choose one side now.

It would be interesting, if not tiresome or exasperating, to know you in person. Phew!

Have fun anyway.
The young man Afam is a cunning fellow, he speak from both side of the mouth.
The hatred about Ebonyi is too much in him.I do read him before I join nairaland.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Iykeponti(m): 4:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
holyvirgin:
Is so wrong for you to conclude that most ebonyi indegenes are hausa's because they are darker than most SE residents. I just wanna believe they are purely contented with d little they have.
i just want dem to grow up like their neighbors....but really,am not lying,o.k mabe like 60% (**) most of dem r housas...
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's if you've asked every single Igbo person in PH where they're from. But you're right. It's hard to find an Ebonyi person unlike Imo and Anambra peeps. It's the same thing for Cross River peeps who rarely travel out. Most of the people we actually call Calabar are from Akwa Ibom state.
Well, u have found anoda one.

Am proudly Eboyian, Ivo Lga, ishiagu my home town.

EBONYI ndi muru mu..., Ekele kwa mu nuooo!!!!
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
Iykeponti: i just want dem to grow up like their neighbors....but really,am not lying,o.k mabe like 60% (**) most of dem r housas...
Bia oke mkpi a,because you have been lying and painting the good people of Ebonyi state in bad light ...may ur own 2014 be far from tomorrow.

ewu aba
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 31, 2013
Iykeponti: i just want dem to grow up like their neighbors....but really,am not lying,o.k mabe like 60% of my relatives, including my brodas and sistas are housas...
Fixed.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
Nightshift: There has never been more duplexes built in Enugu rural areas than over the last ten years.

Most Enugus's former servants of old Nnewi spare parts tycoons are importers now. From Nkanu to Ezeagu, Agwu to Nsukka, Enugu's young entrepreneurs are waxing strong.
In my town, we have heavyweights in Electrical parts and Aluminum business. Evidence of big new monies are abound in some rural communities of Enugu.
I don't blame you, keeping on hiding your arzz in USA, while folks are making progress in Coal City state.

Guy,this isn't a fight. Grow up,nigguh!

You are completely missing the point in my post. We are not arguing whether Enugu guys are succeeding in life nor whether houses has been built in Enugu. The point that Enugu remain a state with a single developed city(coal city) can not be over emphasized. Enugu state needs to be openned up. It is still a big village. Take Nssuka for instant;No appreciateable development going on there. Funny part of it is that y'all are sheepishly following Chime.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Slimmos(m): 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
Obi Okpor: just like ur old frustrated parents that hawk chewing sticks along the strts of Abj,Ph,Lagos,Kano,Kaduna.ADAMU like u!!!!!!
Sorry bro..i 4got to include chewing stick..mehn ebonyi mehn lyk to dey sell chewing stick..no b smalll
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by awodman: 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
achi4u: Hay!! just hold it there with that ur south bull.shit.
Nwanne we are not fighting...but you can't argue the damage Ezza/Izillo fight did to our state...the senseless killings and destruction of property..those are the things putting our state in the wrong spotlight...

Like you said let's join hands together to salvage our state and it starts by making these communities live in peace and harmony..

Meanwhile am presently in "Anyim Uwana" enjoying the beauty of the beach..u can come join me cool
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
me_for_you: My family people are just too local. They are mostly farmers and not civil servants like Yoruba people. Yorubas write a lot of petition that's why their governors are always in the news
Fixed

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Slimmos:
Sorry bro..i 4got to include chewing stick..mehn my relatives, including my brodas & sistas,mehn lyk to dey sell chewing stick..no b smalll
E yea. Chai.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nightshift(m): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Guy,this isn't a fight. Grow up,nigguh!

You are completely missing the point in my post. We are not arguing whether Enugu guys are succeeding in life nor whether houses has been built in Enugu. The point that Enugu remain a state with a single developed city(coal city) can not be over emphasized. Enugu state needs to be openned up. It is still a big village. Take Nssuka for instant;No appreciateable development going on there. Funny part of it is that y'all are sheepishly following Chime.
Dude, Gov. Chime has been doing his best by using the little money available prudently to position Enugu state for the future. The next governor will definitely continue by paying more attention to Nsukka town. Chime has also been able to construct new rural roads.
I don't see anything wrong in Enugu having only a city, but also a developed town in Nsukka. There are also a one city states in other federations, like the states of Hamburg and Saarland in Germany. A state most not always be about cities, but about green rural areas as well.
We in Enugu are not trying to be like Anambra state. We are unique in our own ways! Countering your dubious assertions about my state isn't picking up fight with you, but putting things in perspective.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kama1210: 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
demola.prof:
to butress ur stand on dis issue, i must say dat ignorance abound in dat state. I'm currently serving there

sincerely, the Governor is not really doing well. But that does not denote Ebonyi as a state is such primitive more than most of you people ranting here.
To start with;
Is Afikpo not part of Ebonyi?
(Afikpo is very lively and civilized. Get your fact before commenting.

Have you forgotten that the current transformations in our health sector is paddled by Ebonyi man ( Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu...from Afikpo),

The world youngest Bishop is also from where? Afikpo, Ebonyi state.

Have you forgotten Ayim Pius Ayim is from Ebonyi.

I may not speak well for all part of Ebonyi as a state, you need visit Afikpo and some other part of the state. If Nigeria remain together, the rejected stone will surely be celebrated.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by youngchopper(m): 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
very stupid state, a state were liltle gals are giving out for marriage at tender age. there is a case on my hand as i type . a girl from ngbo of ezeanmbo in ebonyi state is to be married out 2mrw out of her own wish. this is the stupid families contact 0815 554 4071
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Iboboiz93(m): 5:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ebonyi people are mostly seen In traffic hawking Handkerchiefs, airfreshners and even Belt...
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by cosify: 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
Obi Okpor: you all are just bn too childish,most especially the person that said he served in the state.I must tell you that Ebonyi State is the heart of the East in terms of agriculture,education and in politics and military.Your problems is that you morons under-rate my beloved state.Am prouud to be one.Yes,we are honest and hard working and that is why you see Ebonyians in all the sectors of the economy.I don't blame the fool that said we are too local and we don't travel,i quote you low pathetic imbeciles wrong about my state.In the south -east,Ebonyi is the most intelligent,if you no like am,just "go and die" shikina.Can you idiots tell us your own states and we ll justify you idiots by that.I remain a son of the soil,and i must represent my state in any where. *PROUDLY EBONYIAN*
You sounded sentimental when you said Ebonyi is the heart of the East in those ramifications. Besides, if you claim that education in the South East revolves round Ebonyi, you should not have used those derogatory words in referring to some nairalanders no matter the provocation, because educated people choose their words carefully. You may have succeeded in lending weight to their insinuation that Ebonyians have a fighting attitude or are warlike.At the very worst,you can defend yourself by being blunt, not necessarily insulting.Don't forget that people have the right to observation, perception, belief and expression. Then your personal reaction to them even for years and decades may make them right or wrong, or make you an exception to their generalisations.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
kama1210:

sincerely, the Governor is not really doing well. But that does not denote Ebonyi as a state is such primitive more than most of you people ranting here.
To start with;
Is Afikpo not part of Ebonyi?
(Afikpo is very lively and civilized. Get your fact before commenting.

Have you forgotten that the current transformations in our health sector is paddled by Ebonyi man ( Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu...from Afikpo),

The world youngest Bishop is also from where? Afikpo, Ebonyi state.

Have you forgotten Ayim Pius Ayim is from Ebonyi.

I may not speak well for all part of Ebonyi as a state, you need visit Afikpo and some other part of the state. If Nigeria remain together, the rejected stone will surely be celebrated.
U just said my mind. Thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Germany Set To Deport Many Nigerian Migrants On Monday / Tinubu Graduated With Honors From Our School, Says Chicago University / Femi Kuti: Peter Obi's Supporters Threatened To Burn Down African Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.