Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69522 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: mumu,do u knw wat is hit music in d ist place
hey, you are talking to a sound engineer. Go and study 4 jamb, ok?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Toks2008(m): 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
No language is really difficult or easy to speak or hear. It depends on your love and desire to speak that language.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by olatundes00: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
[/b][center]YORUBA NI JOO[/center][b]
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Blackgold09(f): 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.
bros na only Akwa Ibom n not Cross River pls
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
philfearon:
It has the right to employ any ethnic group to work for it.....That's where other ethnic groups comes in..

Course the movies are not meant for Igbo's alone...
flimsy excuses. You neglect your language just to satisfy others but turn around to say its dying.

If its english dat is spoken then i'll say its owned by england if you dont want to agree dat it is owned by all nigerians.

Go and write yovr sex stories.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Fresia01(f): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
No language is easier 2 learn wen compared wit odas. Learning a lang fast, depends on d language of ones immediate environment and hw fast one is in terms of learning new tinz! Sum people are jux 2 slow wen it cumz 2 learning new languages! Sum1 said dat sum igbo peepz stayn in lag cnt speak igbo, it is undastandable cuz, accordn 2 d theory of lang acquisatn n learning, a child can only d lang dat he/she z xposd 2! Since d igbo children in questn a surrounded by people who speak yoruba, pidgn and English even in dia skul hence d inability 2 use igbo! Same tin is appllicable 2 yoruba and hausa people living outsyd dia region. Sum may argue dat d parentz ought 2 do d job buh unlike yoruba n hausa parentz, igbo parents lyk dia kids 2 sound porshe hence d use of English in bringn up dia kids which is actualy wrng! I have an Efik parentz who stay close 2 ma house in Aba, their children cnt speak dia mother tongue which is Efik, buh are fluent in Igbo! Same wit one Cotonou man, yoruba and ibibio man! In learning a new lang, d lang of d people around u makes it either easy or hard 4 u 2 learn it! D english dat most people regard as d simplest lang 2 learn stil have sum peepz who cnt even attempt a word in it. Even in naija here. U need 2 b proper xposd 2 a lang b4 u learn it. Itz nt magic. 4get d cluelex peepz shoutn yoruba, hausa, igbo and so on! Sum jux tryn 2 promote and protect dia hence d sentimental judgement. At d end a lang can b more developd and wide spread dan d oda buh no lang z superior 2 anoda since the all serve one purpose of communicatn! Dnt hate on me oh! If u encountered any error jux knw dat itz one of dose tinz nt lyk i didnt knw what 2 write. Tnx #proudlinguist!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
philfearon:
It has the right to employ any ethnic group to work for it.....That's where other ethnic groups comes in..

[Course the movies are not meant for Igbo's alone...]

THEN YOUR ANSWERS SHOWS THAT NOLLYWOOD IS NOT ONLY FOR THE IBO BUT ALSO YORUBA N HAUSA

NOLLYWOOD IS OWNED BY YORUBA, HAUSA, IBO..

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Ayekotoo(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
blink182: Which planet are you from, opc in delta state? Do you even know delta state?

Let me even agree with you that you are correct. Please list the local governments where yoruba speaking people can be found in delta state.
THE National Coordinator of the O’dua Peoples Congress (OPC), Chief Ganiyu Adams, Tuesday in Warri, Delta State, formally launched the Itsekiri branch of the OPC.
Adams, who was guest of the Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, described his visit to Warri as home-coming, saying that he was always joyous when he was visiting people of same ancestral lineage.
He said the Itsekiri were descendants of Oduduwa and as such, needed the presence of OPC in their midst since the body was created to preserve all Oduduwa descendants.
The OPC leader was particularly delighted that he was welcomed to Warri by the highly respected Itsekiri Leaders of Thought led by Chief J.O.S. Ayomike, which is a think-tank of some of the best brains in Itsekiri land.
Adams eulogized the late Pa Alfred Rewane, a notable Itsekiri leader and co-founder of National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), who played immense role in the June 12 debacle.
He said the murder of Rewane created immense vacuum in NADECO.
The OPC leader expressed immense gratitude to the Itsekiri Leaders of Thought for deeming it fit to receive him in Warri.
He maintained that Oduduwa descendants existed in several parts of Nigeria apart from the South-West, including Igala, Akoko-Edo and even in Benin Republic and the Caribbean, adding that the OPC was a special body created to cater for the needs of O’dua descendants.
Adams said his visit to Warri was almost marred by a petition in one of the national dailies, which said he was visiting Warri to assist Itsekiri fight their neighbours, while denying the report that Adams said wrong impressions were being held by some persons about the OPC.
He clarified that the OPC is a socio-cultural organisation set for the collective good of all Yoruba people He said: “We founded the OPC to fight for the identities of all the Yoruba people all over the universe. There are about 46 million Yoruba in Nigeria and over 200 million all over the world. Itsekiri is part of the descendants of Oduduwa. Therefore, they need the support of the OPC.
The high point of the day was the formal inauguration of the OPC Itsekiri branch by Adams, which was hailed by several Itsekiri leaders, including Prof. Tony Afejuku and Dr. Lucky Akaruese, among others.

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=20567
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Yoruba has won grin yuck grin yuck grin yuck grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by aljharem(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
No language is really difficult to understand

Nollywood is NOT an Igbo movie industry but Nigerian. The people that started nollywood were Yorubas

Why can't the so call nollywood make movies in Igbo language and see if they will sell more than 100. Unlike kannywood and yollywood which is done in Hausa and Yoruba and sold to countries like Niger, Benin, Cameroon, Ghana etc. No one I mean No one will buy an Igbo language movie to watch not even igbos themselves.

Just my humble opinion

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by kingsleyMbang(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.
Akwa Ibom is nt in South-East but South-South. Go n clear ur ignorance in Geography cheesy cheesy Any where, Hausa is more easier 2 learn than any other lang. grin grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by chi4ik(m): 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
Smartwave: 100% correct, that is what is killing igbo land (internal discrimination). What a pit!!!!! Yoruba have a lot of dialet likewise hausas but never discrimate but appreciate eachother
tanx bro, it pains me a lot when I see my fellow Igbo's discriminating against each other. I just Hope this will stop. Yoruba $ hausa never do such....hw I wish d rest igbo's will b like you? Just keep it on....
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tunnex190: 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Someone has already answered you correctly.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Princessaleeza: 2:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
Sentiment apart,Hausa lang follow by Yoruba cos u don't need 2 stay in yoruba land or hausa 4 2yrs b4 u learn d lang.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 2:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: hey, you are talking to a sound engineer. Go and study 4 jamb, ok?
u ar sound engineer for dt i shud stop coming to Nl abi undecided
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 2:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18:
hausas are proud of their own movie industry ''kannywood''i hv nt heard them claiming nollywood bt it is only u pple dt are trying to claim another man's effort..
Nollywood is owned by d igbos!!!

NOLLYWOOD IS NOT OWNED BY IBO BECAUSE IT'S THE COMBINATION OF YORUBA,HAUSA, IBO...
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
alj harem: No language is really difficult to understand

Nollywood is NOT an Igbo movie industry but Nigerian. The people that started nollywood were Yorubas

Why can't the so call nollywood make movies in Igbo language and see if they will sell more than 100. Unlike kannywood and yollywood which is done in Hausa and Yoruba and sold to countries like Niger, Benin, Cameroon, Ghana etc. No one I mean No one will buy an Igbo language movie to watch not even igbos themselves.

Just my humble opinion
another yoruba fallacy,claimin dt it was d yorubas dt started nollywood sad ;(,livin in bondage was d ist nollywood movie dt made wat is it today n it was produced in igbo language

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by fran6uc(m): 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
Y are Nigerians so negative. Doz of u laying false claims 2 ventures & peole u knw next 2 nothing about. Irrespective of dia tribes, dey are working synergistically 2 make 9ja pround & mainly 2 earn demselves an honest living.
Pls u guys dat just got 10mb 4rm a generous mtn & etisalat should stop displaying all dis hatred.

Seun & mods pls help.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

NOLLYWOOD IS NOT OWNED BY IBO BECAUSE IT'S THE COMBINATION OF YORUBA,HAUSA, IBO...

i wonder why most of nollywood movies are produced n dominated by ndi igbo,n why they are nt usin obas n emirs in most of their movies instead of their normal igwe since it is owned by d yorubas n hausas
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by jreyez(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
Pardon me if I say sikander is the easiest smiley
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ayekotoo:

GOD GO BLESS U THAT IGNORAMUS GUY DOESN'T WANT TO AGREE THAT YORUBA IS A WELL SPOKEN LANGUAGE IN "DELTA",EDO.....
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ayekotoo:

GOD GO BLESS U,THAT IGNORAMUS GUY DOESN'T WANT TO AGREE THAT YORUBA IS A WELL SPOKEN LANGUAGE IN "DELTA",EDO.....
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Pamcrest(f): 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
the_ripper3: Yorubas and their prattling. Omotola Jalade featured on Forbes Magazine is arguably d biggest Yoruba actress and never acted Yoruba movies.

Who sabi all dis bleached up sikira sindodo, ashewo to re Mecca and other lesbians wey full Ofe-m-m-anu-wood?

Even Mercy Johnson of yesterday speaks flawless Igbo and isn't even igbo and bigger than all Ofe-mm-anu-wood ladies. The just concluded BBA had housemates speaking igbo and some African housemates speaking words like chineke, igwe and co. Jim iyke was nearly mobbed the other day in an African country

Which of-e-mm-a-n-u actor is that well known in Nigeria let alone cameroon or Kenya.

Of-em-ma-nu-wood should chill and make movies to entertain their agbero and bleached up sisters. Igbos don't care.

FYI I have watched Omotola acting in a yoruba flick titled Oyato. Always be sure of your statements
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by theripper3: 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
alj harem: No language is really difficult to understand

Just my humble opinion

These infantile droppings again? Which people started nollywood? Herbert Ogunde abi urself? The likes of Living in Bondage, cricle of doom,Rattlesnake, Nneka the pretty serpent were blockbuster movies wen they came out. The number one aim of a producer is to make increase viewership and make sales ultimately. The igbo producers understood this and started making movies in English which portrayed strictly igbo culture e.g igodo, ekulu, a cry for help and a plethora of them with igbo spoken. Or have u seen an Oba or Deji in a nollywood movie? That is the exclusive property of the yorubas. Igbos aren't competing with the yorubas over Nollywood. The stats are there. Kudos to the likes. Of Kenneth Nnebue and Andy best. Yorubas should continue to revel in their not-so -popular yoruba-wood. That is why most of dem aren't even known outside the shores iragbiji and osogbo.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: i wonder why most of nollywood movies are produced n dominated by ndi igbo,n why they are nt usin obas n emirs in most of their movies instead of their normal igwe since it is owned by d yorubas n hausas

DIRECTORS OF NOLLYWOOD MOVIES WILL ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: Yoruba has won grin yuck grin yuck grin yuck grin

YES OOOOO!!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by walexGodson(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Everybody knows Yoruba is easiest.yoruba dun lede
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Ayoola171(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Reading and laughn. Yoruba all the way.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Ayekotoo(m): 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
the_ripper3: Yorubas and their prattling. Omotola Jalade featured on Forbes Magazine is arguably d biggest Yoruba actress and never acted Yoruba movies.
Biggest lie of the century. Abeg who was the leading actor in 'Ale Ariwo'? Ans: Omotola Jolade also featured 'Tony Umez'
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by katty40(f): 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
Yes @tintingy 20yrs jos north to be specific,y do u sound surprised?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by yetunsbay(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
phase1: Igbo-Nollywood
Hausa-Kannywood
Yoruba can have their Yollywood

Go figure.....grin
average Nigerian wil knw dis awkward thinking
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Kaysalas(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
phase1: Hausa is free-flowing, Igbo Izugbe(Unifying/ central Igbo) comes next, Yoruba....hmmm....is headache-inducing, too many gbo gbo consonants, you will need paracetamol to cool down your brain after speaking it if you are not yoruba.

e.g Ni gba wo lo gbo pe won gbe gbo gbo won wa? Oya repeat grin
Its nice to know you speak the language pretty well wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos] / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Ebonyi Masquarades Operating Phone (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.