Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,268 members, 7,954,049 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (70790 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Ayekotoo(m): 2:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: nollywood is owned n run by d igbos jst d same way yoruba movie is owned n run by d yorubas cheesy
no one disputes these with you. what I believe they are asking is that yoruba speaking movies are more popular/ better than Igbo speaking movies which are even insignificants
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

YES OOOOO!!
up yoruba

up hausa

up weed

grin yuck grin yuck grin yuck grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
yeribas always to trying to reap wia they did nt sow as usual,claiming nollywood today mayb tomorow they wil start claimin hollywoood grin grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by onihaxy: 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hmmmmmm, TRIBALISM!!!, the only reason nigeria is not progressing
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by marvelU(f): 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
Igbo
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ayekotoo:
no one disputes these with you. what I believe they are asking is that yoruba speaking movies are more popular/ better than Igbo speaking movies which are even insignificants
igbo movies dont even exist. grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by yetunsbay(m): 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
the_ripper3: Yorubas and their prattling. Omotola Jalade featured on Forbes Magazine is arguably d biggest Yoruba actress and never acted Yoruba movies.

Who sabi all dis bleached up sikira sindodo, ashewo to re Mecca and other lesbians wey full Ofe-m-m-anu-wood?

Even Mercy Johnson of yesterday speaks flawless Igbo and isn't even igbo and bigger than all Ofe-mm-anu-wood ladies. The just concluded BBA had housemates speaking igbo and some African housemates speaking words like chineke, igwe and co. Jim iyke was nearly mobbed the other day in an African country

Which of-e-mm-a-n-u actor is that well known in Nigeria let alone cameroon or Kenya.

Of-em-ma-nu-wood should chill and make movies to entertain their agbero and bleached up sisters. Igbos don't care.
stil cnt blif sm1 dis days cn write dat Omotola never actd Yoruba movies.Seems u no dey watch Wemimo Films bah?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by greenafrica: 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
Well, because I m Yoruba, I cannot categorically say it is yoruba cos I may sound bias. But I can conviniently say hausa is far easier to lean and speak than igbo. Honestly you need a lot of energy to speak igbo. No offence please.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
Africa magic HAUSA

Africa magic YORUBA

Africa magic ENGLISH

Africa magic WEED grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Kaysalas(m): 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: The rate of comments so far on easier language in Nigeria

• Hausa - 75%

• Yoruba - 65%

• Igbo - 39%

You guys can add yours... smiley

» This are the three populated and most recognized language in Nigeria. Hausa is leading to be the easiest language next to yoruba then igbo. grin
VEX IF YOU LIKE, but my guy, percentage makes up a hundred. Where you see 75%,65% and 39%?
LEARN IN CASE OF NEXT TIME!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by adaobasi(f): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
Every language is easy to learn,it depends on one's interest and passion.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ayekotoo:
yoruba movies is only popular in d sw jst d same way kannywood is only popular in d north..nobody here in d Se knws dt those movies is in extistence bt nollywood wic is igbo owned is d only nigerian movie dt is popular world wide
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: yeribas always to trying to reap wia they did nt sow as usual,claiming nollywood today mayb tomorow they wil start claimin hollywoood grin grin

YORUBA IS NOT CLAIMING NOLLYWOOD. NOLLYWOOD IS OWNED BY THE 3 TRIBES
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Iykeponti(m): 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
TVT KOKO: pls wat is ibibio?
shocked grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

YORUBA IS NOT CLAIMING NOLLYWOOD. NOLLYWOOD IS OWNED BY THE 3 TRIBES
hausas hv their own movie called kannywood n u dont see them claimin nollywood
yorubas hv their own called yollywood n lastly wic is Nollywood is owned by d igbos
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Hero10001: 3:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
Omo Naija, mo le f'eyin shi pepsi..
I thank God for making me a Proud Yourba nigga and not one of the Ajokuta ma mu omi, terrorists, Italo freaks, and kidnappers.
If not, i for don kpai teh teh..
Baba God, you too much jorrr..
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by yetunsbay(m): 3:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

SEE FLIMSY ANSWERS.....
YOUR ANSWERS ARE NOT CONVINCING....

ON DSTV - AFRICA MAGIC IS DEDICATED PURPOSELY FOR THE YORUBA MOVIES....

NOLLYWOOD IS OWNED BY YORUBA, HAUSA, IGBO......
tnk u dis comment of urs sums every arguments.I cn recollect dat tym I was even searching for a dedicatd Africa Magic (Igbo) I cnt find.Evry1 aware oda two languages do & it shows dia importance in wot?.........AFRICA.Respected Igbos u must able to comprehend dat as Hollywood is 2 Americans,Bollywood 2 Indians ,Ghollywood 2 Ghanains so thus Nollywood 2 Nigerians.Hardly culd ever see english spoken thru out completely in yoruba movie bt our co-neighbour' s own na difrnt.Back to d topic based on my observatn of various comments:Hausa,Yoruba,Igbo bt hardly wud u see a Yoruba fellow trying to learn sm1 else culture embodied in language coz his is contempted
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Emyben(m): 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=5.00GP]

I HAVE DEDUCED THE TRUTH IN UR STATEMENT (LIES )
I WILL STILL UTTER IT:
YORUBA LANGUAGE IS A WELL SPOKEN LANGUAGE IN DELTA, EDO... [/quote

Haba...are soo dumb? Yoruba is not spoken in Delta dude,,am so sure of that. as For Edo,i dont know
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Michyeddy(f): 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
welcome to Nigeria..the tower of babel wink
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Iykeponti(m): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
KALABA ND BINI undecided
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Michyeddy(f): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
chucky234: Yoruba is the easiest language to learn while Calabar and Ukwuani are the hardest.
how can calabar be a language? Na wa for some people sha... Ibadan is the sweetest language then.mtcheww
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by martinifeanyi(m): 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
chi4ik: I'm an IGBO but Hausa Language is very simple to Learn followed by Yoruba.... Igbo is very hard to learn but when U finally learn it, it very sweet to speak $ it has so many proverbs...
Tru tik guy
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by emmaihunzeyah: 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
speaking in tongues is the best language not just in nigeria but in the world

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Shankboye(m): 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
Preboy: have u heard Yoruba in a Hollywood movie? Bt Igbo was spoken in xmen; wolverine's origin and the red sun
phat girls
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

NOLLYWOOD IS NOT OWNED BY THE IGBOS...

OLU JACOB, JIBOLA DABO, OMOTOLA JOLADE EKEINDE, BISI KUDIRAT...JUST TO MENTION FEW... THOSE ARTISTES ARE THE CREAM OF NOLLYWOOD MOVIES N THEY ARE ROOTED FROM YORUBA TRIBE ......

MOST OF YOUR PEOPLE(IBO ARTISTES) ARE SHOWING KEEN INTEREST TO YORUBA MOVIES...

98% of Nollywood directors are Ibos. Those actors cum actresses you mentioned are their mere EMPLOYEES. . .Get that into your pea-brained cranium!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by otokx(m): 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
I hear its Hausa
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: dude, no one cares about SE. If your movie is not accepted in lagos, it is not accepted in africa and the world over, so is music. Foreigners even know lagos more than abuja. yorubas own lagos.

Your igbo language movies are just 1% in production while yoruba has 24%, hausa 19% and english 44% according to source.

You aint making sense ..

SCRAM!!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ameeg(m): 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
grin na ososo dey easy pass try em u go enjoy em wella.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by AreaFada2: 3:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
Afam4eva: This is not an easy question to answer as people are likely to answer with bias. I think only people who can speak several languages can get close to getting it right. I've heard a lot of people especially those who have lived in the north saying that it's Hausa. As much as i won't doubt it, it could be as a result of the fact that one is forced to speak the language due to the fact that people who are indigenous and live in the north rarely speak English or even pidgin unlike they south where you have the choice to converse in pidgin or English. For instance, despite the fact that different variants of Igbo(Ikwerre et al) is spoken by the indigenous people of Port-hacourt, pidgin seems to be the language on the streets, so people who live their rarely pick up Ikwerre except you're living in one of those villages in the outskirts of PH. The same thing applies to Warri.

God bless you Afam. In some parts of Naija, there are so many languages spoken within one city e.g. Warri with Itsekiri, Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe etc and Benin with Bini and substantial speakers of Esan, Etsako, Urhobo/Isoko, Igbo etc. Pidgin/English has become widespread daily language in those places.

So there's relatively very little pressure to speak the local dialect. I know people (of non-Bini parentage) born and bred in Benin who speak no Bini, others peak fluent Bini. You have nothing to lose by not speaking it because even the oldest woman in market understands pidgin and can even speak some at least.

Coming to Lagos back in the mid-1980s I was shocked to see a Yoruba house help who could not understand even pidgin English.

Coming from South-South then, in addition to English, pidgin and two other local dialects, Yoruba was my third Naija language learnt within the family (due to historical mixture of tribes in the family), so it wasn't fluent. But I had no problem communicating in it as needed. I later found out that there were many youths in Lagos who could speak no English/pidgin but just Yoruba.

If you lived in Kano, you will equally see the need to speak Hausa yourself.

I learnt certain European languages, not because they were easy but because there was urgent need to do so, depending on which country I lived/worked/studied in.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nicepoker(m): 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
now i know u r a f00l
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
the_ripper3:

These infantile droppings again? Which people started nollywood? Herbert Ogunde abi urself? The likes of Living in Bondage, cricle of doom,Rattlesnake, Nneka the pretty serpent were blockbuster movies wen they came out. The number one aim of a producer is to make increase viewership and make sales ultimately. The igbo producers understood this and started making movies in English which portrayed strictly igbo culture e.g igodo, ekulu, a cry for help and a plethora of them with igbo spoken. Or have u seen an Oba or Deji in a nollywood movie? That is the exclusive property of the yorubas. Igbos aren't competing with the yorubas over Nollywood. The stats are there. Kudos to the likes. Of Kenneth Nnebue and Andy best. Yorubas should continue to revel in their not-so -popular yoruba-wood. That is why most of dem aren't even known outside the shores iragbiji and osogbo.
Why are igbos ashamed to speak full igbos in nollywood movies must they always use english?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by goldfish80(m): 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
No new topic on Nairaland front page since yesterday. Is seun fedup of nairaland buisness?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply)

Meet Pastor Ivie Emiko - The Wife Of New Olu Of Warri - Pictures / Photos Of Dogo, The "Tallest Man In Kaduna" / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.