Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69369 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by philfearon(m): 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: hey kid, reason well.
@Bolded

nollywood english section is not owned by igbos but by all nigerians, igbos only dominate. The only section they own is the igbo section dat produces only 1% of nollywood movies according to the source i quoted.

the english section contains yoruba, hausa, igbo, other tribes and ghanain actors but dominated by the igbos. Can such be said of the yoruba and hausa arms? TV soaps like super story, dear mama, everyday people, disclosure, fuji house of commotion, papa ajasco etc all done in english language contains actors from all tribes and the shows are majorly owned by yorubas.

what happened to olu jacobs, sola fosudo, joke silver, femi brainard, yemi blaq, funke akindele, van vicker, majid, yvonne nelson, ini edo, segun arinze, nadia buhari etc who all act in the english section of nollywood? Did they all become igbo overnight? Most of them arent even nigerians.

igbos dont own nollywood. Shikena
Go and sit down....
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by BibiBasy(f): 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.
ibibio is not spoken by cross riverians pls
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
blink182: the itsekiris might have come from yoruba but they are not yoruba, if you hear an itsekiri talking they sound nothing like yoruba. Itsekiris are not yoruba.

O BOY DON'T BE AT LOGGERHEAD WITH HIM NOW..
THE GUY HAS SPOKEN THE TRUTH....

THE ITSEKIRIS ARE YORUBA ....
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: The rate of comments so far on easier language in Nigeria

• Hausa - 75%

• Yoruba - 65%

• Igbo - 39%

You guys can add yours... smiley

» This are the three populated and most recognized language in Nigeria. Hausa is leading to be the easiest language next to yoruba then igbo. grin

I agree with u.
On popular consensus, Hausa is the easiest and Igbo hardest.
Dats how this thread shd have gone, not some insecure ppl coming to compare and contrast with igbos

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: My question is why do igbos use english in their movies why not in igbo language??

There are plenty of 2013 Igbo spoken moves in my house.
Who told u they don't make Igbo movies?
If not that I was in Lagos in 2006, would I have know Yoruba movies exist at all. Yoruba movies are inexistent in igboland

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by squaddy(m): 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: all an igbo man cares about is money at the expense of his language. When foreigners and nigerians watch those movies, they call them nigerian movies. Can such be said when they watch yoruba an hausa movies? Why do you think the other tribes on this thread voted for hausa and yoruba? Cos they promote their language in their movies 100%.

Keep making money/ego while your language goes into extinction cos i've seen countless threads on nairaland talking about igbo language going extinct.

And all you care about is sleeping with people's wives,sharing the same d.I.c.k/pu.uss.y with your mother/father,voodoo and waiting at the bus-stop to TUALE and BABA AGBA for the next well to do easterner that passes by so he can drop you some few bread crumbs...if the language no extinct, come extinct am...phucking westerner

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by philfearon(m): 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
Like play like play,the thread don dey go tribal!!!!!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by fairygeh(f): 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
Yoruba language is the easiest language to learn,trust me,not because I am one,I have seen many of my Igbo friends learn the language like magic .I love my language baje.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by dossantos1: 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
HAH: The only language I saw corpers picked so easily during service year is hausa, hence I think it is the easiest

cos u got no other alternatives to communicate with the locals. u r forced to learn d language

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by philfearon(m): 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
squaddy:

And all you care about is sleeping with people's wives,sharing the same d.I.c.k/pu.uss.y with your mother/father,voodoo and waiting at the bus-stop to TUALE and BABA AGBA for the next well to do easterner that passes by so he can drop you some few bread crumbs...if the language no extinct, come extinct am...phucking westerner
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by mikeuz(m): 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
Marvyx: Isoko cool

Ewo,am ISOKO and I can tell you its very difficult to learn. Hav lived in the north for a year,in the west also for a year,schooled in the east,and served in akwa ibom,and from all my experiences,IBIBIO which I thought would be the hardest was the easiest to learn.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by IYANGBALI: 12:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
philfearon:
Go and sit down....
truth is bitte,swallow it,it doesn't kill

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by IYANGBALI: 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
philfearon: Like play like play,the thread don dey go tribal!!!!!
it was meant to be right from the beginning
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: we read newspapers and watch cable TV everyday, how come its only flavor and other yoruba indigenous singers we see? Where are the other igbo musicians? Who are they? Do they sell albums? Are they sleeping? Why cant they succeed in lagos? (succeeding in lagos is succeeding africa). Are they ghosts? Why arent they recognised? Maybe cos they are palm wine joint singers.

Dont mention oldschool igbo musicians cos they've lost relevance unlike the yoruba musicians i mentioned who are still seasoned musicians.

You guys better hold on to flavor and promote him.

And am telling u that u are staying in the village if u think flavour is the only person singing in Igbo Lang.
Who even knows those yorubas u mentioned up there?
U left davido, and few others and went and started listing ur village singers .
And u think igbos don't have their own indigenous singers? are u in igboland?
Who knows those of ur village ppl in the east?

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by adeyrule(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
Preboy: my eyes must be deceiving me. Yoruba easiest? Hausa romantic? Igbo fun?.... its either u guys are just playing dumb or just feeling ignorant.... Hausa sounds like a language from Pluto, Yoruba sounds scary although I love its use in music

bottom line; Igbo is a very fast language dat's y you might find it as scary..... if spoken slowly, then u will find it easier dan abc
mumu
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by topsyking: 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
TVT KOKO: Please just try YORUBA!. Dat language is so swt dat i always feel d pain dat my mum being yoruba, didn't marry a yoruba and went to marry one ar$e-hole man,frm an arsé-hole tribe!

It pains me when those ar$e-hole pple use dere arsë-hole name to call an årse-hole me, Because i'm an ærse-hole! Yuck !
I CAN FEEL YOUR PAIN MY FRIEND.. MY ONLY ADVISE FOR YOU IS ADD YOUR MUM YORUBA SURNAME TO YOUR FATHERS NAME.. MY UNCLE DID IT.. HE ADD IS MUM YORUBA SURNAME TO HIS NAME..COS HE LOVE YORUBA TRIBE SO MUCH...

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by mikeuz(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
BibiBasy: ibibio is not spoken by cross riverians pls

U lie. Some part of cross river speek ibibio. And incase you forgot,corss river is the mother state to akwa ibom,so it shouldn't be debatable for you to understand that they must share that lamguage
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by philfearon(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
IYA NGBALI: it was meant to be right from the beginning
It wasnt supposed to.....The question is very simple....
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: hey kid, reason well.
@Bolded

nollywood english section is not owned by igbos but by all nigerians, igbos only dominate. The only section they own is the igbo section dat produces only 1% of nollywood movies according to the source i quoted.

the english section contains yoruba, hausa, igbo, other tribes and ghanain actors but dominated by the igbos. Can such be said of the yoruba and hausa arms? TV soaps like super story, dear mama, everyday people, disclosure, fuji house of commotion, papa ajasco etc all done in english language contains actors from all tribes and the shows are majorly owned by yorubas.

what happened to olu jacobs, sola fosudo, joke silver, femi brainard, yemi blaq, funke akindele, van vicker, majid, yvonne nelson, ini edo, segun arinze, nadia buhari etc who all act in the english section of nollywood? Did they all become igbo overnight? Most of them arent even nigerians.

igbos dont own nollywood. Shikena
kipping living in delusion dt nollywood is owned by all nigerians.most of d actors,actresses,directors n producers are all igbos
yoruba movie is owned by d yorubas

kannywood is owned by d northerners

Nollywood is owned by d igbos
end of discussion dude tongue tongue
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by IYANGBALI: 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
paranorman: The easiest in nigeria is either hausa or yoruba.. Talkin from experience mehn..
Hausa sounds romantic, its a one way language..
Why i'd choose yoruba over hausa is because of this reasons:
the yoruba race is the most learned in Nigeria, the language has also evolved over the years.. Its unique in the way it flows with rhymes and beat.. That why musicians sings better in yoruba.. Also, i think all most all hymns originally written in english sang in churches translated to yoruba, when you sing in yoruba still possess the same number of syllable in each line of the song and same rhyme... I am not sayin other languages dont have translations but preservin the number of syllables in each line of the hymn and rhymes of the same song/hymn in english is not always as unique as in yoruba...

The yoruba also borrows words from english language... Just like bible-bibeli; temple-tempili..
In years to come, yoruba generations would speak a language that would have so much integrated into english..

I like Hausa, that language's so romantic and easy too..
so romantic and easy like,ina sonki,ina fok me,burantanchi,bura
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by IYANGBALI: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
philfearon:
It wasnt supposed to.....The question is very simple....
the op knew what the thread would turn out to be knowing nairalander and their tribal sentiment
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tohbank(m): 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
The most popular language in naija is yoruba,I guess its easy
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

This is a big fat lie from the pit of hell. Imo Igbo is the most complicated Igbo! I will say this,the only Igboman who speaks his core dialect and everybody understands is an Anambrarian. I can't understant an Owerri man,Mbaise and even the otuocha people. Igbo movies are acted in Anambra Igbo so everybody can understand. Stop spreading falsehood!

lol at otuocha ppl
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ygenius: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
Chinese
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.

By virtue of core classification Ibibio belongs more to Akwa Ibom and Efik more to the Cross riverean though both are highly similar and close in accent but still a bit different.

Within themselves they know which is which however they both understand each other...
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ogsmith: 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Jesus is Lord
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by philfearon(m): 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
IYA NGBALI: the op knew what the thread would turn out to be knowing nairalander and their tribal sentiment
Maybe he didn't know.......and he wasn't tribal in his post too..
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Smartwave: 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

O BOY DON'T BE AT LOGGERHEAD WITH HIM NOW..
THE GUY HAS SPOKEN THE TRUTH....

THE ITSEKIRIS ARE YORUBA ....
alomo bitter+ bitter truth
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
paranorman: The easiest in nigeria is either hausa or yoruba.. Talkin from experience mehn..
Hausa sounds romantic, its a one way language..
Why i'd choose yoruba over hausa is because of this reasons:
the yoruba race is the most learned in Nigeria, the language has also evolved over the years.. Its unique in the way it flows with rhymes and beat.. That why musicians sings better in yoruba.. Also, i think all most all hymns originally written in english sang in churches translated to yoruba, when you sing in yoruba still possess the same number of syllable in each line of the song and same rhyme... I am not sayin other languages dont have translations but preservin the number of syllables in each line of the hymn and rhymes of the same song/hymn in english is not always as unique as in yoruba...

The yoruba also borrows words from english language... Just like bible-bibeli; temple-tempili..
In years to come, yoruba generations would speak a language that would have so much integrated into english..

I like Hausa, that language's so romantic and easy too..

All the tnz u mentioned up there is applicable to all southern nig languages
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by jude33084(m): 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
I prefer Hausa language. smiley
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

And am telling u that u are staying in the village if u think flavour is the only person singing in Igbo Lang.
Who even knows those yorubas u mentioned up there?
U left davido, and few others and went and started listing ur village singers .
And u think igbos don't have their own indigenous singers? are u in igboland?
Who knows those of ur village ppl in the east?
i told you to mention your igbo seasoned musicians that sing purely in igbo then compare them with these guys: yinka ayefele, lagbaja, pasuma, kwam 1, tope alabi, osupa etc.

Note# the above names appear on newspapers, blogs, cable tv and they perform live and win awards home and abroad. Where are their igbo counterparts? Sleeping or non-existing, cos you would have mentioned their names instead of what you wrote up their.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.