Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69393 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
phase1:

Continue to play local league while we continue to make English and Igbo movies and export our culture packaged in 'english language inscribed cartons'. grin grin

WHICH CULTURE ARE U EXPORTING WITH UR NOLLYWOOD MOVIES? U
NOLLYWOOD IS THE COMBINATION OF YORUBA, IGBO N HAUSA ...

OMOTOLA JOLADE, GENEVIEVE NAJI, HALIMA ABUBAKAR..... JUST TO MENTION FEW

IBO CULTURE IS NOTHING TO WRITE ABOUT...

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by dossantos1: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
HAH: The only language I saw corpers picked so easily during service year is hausa, hence I think it is the easiest
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: hey kid, reason well.
@Bolded

nollywood english section is not owned by igbos but by all nigerians, igbos only dominate. The only section they own is the igbo section dat produces only 1% of nollywood movies according to the source i quoted.

the english section contains yoruba, hausa, igbo, other tribes and ghanain actors but dominated by the igbos. Can such be said of the yoruba and hausa arms? TV soaps like super story, dear mama, everyday people, disclosure, fuji house of commotion, papa ajasco etc all done in english language contains actors from all tribes and the shows are majorly owned by yorubas.

what happened to olu jacobs, sola fosudo, joke silver, femi brainard, yemi blaq, funke akindele, van vicker, majid, yvonne nelson, ini edo, segun arinze, nadia buhari etc who all act in the english section of nollywood? Did they all become igbo overnight? Most of them arent even nigerians.

igbos dont own nollywood. Shikena

ngwa, keep deceiving urself.
Even Yoruba movie makers understand Igbo owns nollywood and talk about it.
The other day, they were a cussing igbos of marginalizing them.
Are olu Jacobs and omotola not in the English section again?
That we accepted to employ ur ppl doesn't mean the status quo changed in anyway.
So, what about the Igbo soaps of Clinic matters, Masquarade, and so many others on TV?
My dear, we have mainstream nollywood
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by philfearon(m): 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

Stop wasting your time..is it that you are blind or sentlmental?
Even Omotola dey act traditional Igbo movie

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

There are plenty of 2013 Igbo spoken moves in my house.
Who told u they don't make Igbo movies?
If not that I was in Lagos in 2006, would I have know Yoruba movies exist at all. Yoruba movies are inexistent in igboland

You're absolutely correct man. I havn't FOR ONCE seen a SINGLE yoruba movie been displayed for lease/sell in the SE.

yollywood is cluttered and full of sh!it

5 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

Igbo culture is the only visible culture in exported nollywood.
Ranging from dressing, food, vernacular, festivals to every other thing.
Olu Jacobs acts igwe, not alafin.
if omotola were to bear a local name, its most likely Amaka.
Its like u don't know how the coverage of English nollywood worldwide.
Its no 1 in Africa to start with.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: kipping living in delusion dt nollywood is owned by all nigerians.most of d actors,actresses,directors n producers are all igbos
yoruba movie is owned by d yorubas

kannywood is owned by d northerners

Nollywood is owned by d igbos
end of discussion dude tongue tongue

NOLLYWOOD IS NOT OWNED BY THE IGBOS...

OLU JACOB, JIBOLA DABO, OMOTOLA JOLADE EKEINDE, BISI KUDIRAT...JUST TO MENTION FEW... THOSE ARTISTES ARE THE CREAM OF NOLLYWOOD MOVIES N THEY ARE ROOTED FROM YORUBA TRIBE ......

MOST OF YOUR PEOPLE(IBO ARTISTES) ARE SHOWING KEEN INTEREST TO YORUBA MOVIES...
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
«—M®×L¹MPºPº ™:

You're absolutely correct man. I havn't FOR ONCE seen a movie store where they lease/sell yoruba movies in the SE.

And they want to use ogbomosho to rate whether igbos produce their movies.
Presently, they have started mass production of Igbo movies again.
And they are a lot richer
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by platz(m): 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
ęzzā ђāŗd pāşş
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

OLU JACOB, JIBOLA DABO, OMOTOLA JOLADE EKEINDE, BISI KUDIRAT...JUST TO MENTION FEW... THOSE ARTISTES ARE THE CREAM OF NOLLYWOOD MOVIES N THEY ARE ROOTED FROM YORUBA TRIBE ......

I think ur case is now irreparable since u can afford to say that yorubas are the cream of English nollywood.
Goodluck in ur fantasies
Acting is not ownership btw.
if olu Jacob is acting, does his role go beyond collecting his wages for the igwe he played?
does that mean he owns anything

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by InHim4Him(m): 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
AdannayaBella:
What do you mean by the typical main Igbo are found in Imo state? Are the Igbos or Igbo dialects from Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Delta and Ebonyi fake? undecided

Also, Ala/Ara can mean either bréast or madness. It is just different dialects. Some places say Ala while some say Ara but they both mean the same thing, bréast or madness, depending on the context in which it is used.
Add Intonation. African languages make no sense if you miss the tone and its tonality. The nasalized R change madness to breast in your example.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by philfearon(m): 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

Nollywood is Igbo bro.....Olu Jacobs and Omotola all made their marks acting Igbo Movies,not Yoruba ones..

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

Igbo culture is the only visible culture in exported nollywood.
Ranging from dressing, food, vernacular, festivals to every other thing.
Olu Jacobs acts igwe, not alafin.
if omotola were to bear a local name, its most likely Amaka.
Its like u don't know how the coverage of English nollywood worldwide.
Its no 1 in Africa to start with.

SEE HOW A SON OF MAN IS REASONING...

U MEAN THOSE INDECENT DRESSING, SEX SCENES, KIDNAPPING.... IGBO ARE EXPORTING....

THERE ARE MANY MOVIES IN WHICH THE ARTISTES THAT TOOK PART IN THE MOVIES BEARS YORUBA NAME
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Soloter(m): 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Tiv language is the easiest to learn and communicate with.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Timijo(m): 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
Gambari language all the way. Very easy to learn.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: i told you to mention your igbo seasoned musicians that sing purely in igbo then compare them with these guys: yinka ayefele, lagbaja, pasuma, kwam 1, tope alabi, osupa etc.

Note# the above names appear on newspapers, blogs, cable tv and they perform live and win awards home and abroad. Where are their igbo counterparts? Sleeping or non-existing, cos you would have mentioned their names instead of what you wrote up their.

u will easily pick their names cos they are from ur: village.,
ppl in SE don't know them.
Unless osupa is davido, if u read about sunny bobo, wl u register it in ur memory
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
philfearon:
Stop wasting your time..is it that you are blind or sentlmental?
Even Omotola dey act traditional Igbo movie

SHE WILL ACTS THE ROLE WHICH THE DIRECTOR GIVES TO HER...

DID YOU HEAR HER SPEAKING IGBO LANGUAGE?

NOLLYWOOD IS OWNED BY YORUBA, HAUSA, IGBO..

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
«—M®×L¹MPºPº ™:

You're absolutely correct man. I havn't FOR ONCE seen a SINGLE yoruba movie been displayed for lease/sell in the SE.

dude, no one cares about SE. If your movie is not accepted in lagos, it is not accepted in africa and the world over, so is music. Foreigners even know lagos more than abuja. yorubas own lagos.

Your igbo language movies are just 1% in production while yoruba has 24%, hausa 19% and english 44% according to source.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
philfearon:
Nollywood is Igbo bro.....Olu Jacobs and Omotola all made their marks acting Igbo Movies,not Yoruba ones..

IF NOLLYWOOD IS IGBO, WHY IS IT THAT IGBO LANGUAGE IS NOT USED AS THE MAJOR LANGUAGE IN EACH MOVIES?

IF NOLLYWOOD IS IGBO, WHY IS IT THAT IT HAS THE COMBINATION OF YORUBA N HAUSA?

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

ngwa, keep deceiving urself.
Even Yoruba movie makers understand Igbo owns nollywood and talk about it.
The other day, they were a cussing igbos of marginalizing them.
Are olu Jacobs and omotola not in the English section again?
That we accepted to employ ur ppl doesn't mean the status quo changed in anyway.
So, what about the Igbo soaps of Clinic matters, Masquarade, and so many others on TV?
My dear, we have mainstream nollywood
who told you igbos own clinic matters? Can u even compare it to the ones i mentioned?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by sammyjay3(m): 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
musa ajebor: As a kaaba boy dat was brought up in the north, I will like to reiterate the point dat hausa is the easiest to understand,pick, and speak amongst all nigerian languages. If u have idea of key hausa nouns u can easily deduce the rest of what the speaker is saying
Eg gida=house
Mai gida=owner of house(husband).
Simple.
aNd Yoruba Ile=house, Onile=Owner of house
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Comradecharly(m): 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
MR. WHINNIG:
Igbo is one of the easiest languages to learn in Nigeria and also one of the richest languages in Africa. There are many dialects of Igbo: Onitsha/Delta Igbo, Awka/Central Anambra Igbo, Southern Anambra Igbo, Nsukka Igbo, Ngwo/Central Enugu Igbo, Owerri Igbo, Abakiliki/Ebonyi Igbo, Ohafia/Arochukwu/Abia Igbo, Ikwerre Igbo and Equatorial Guinea Igbo to mention but a few. But all of them are mutually intelligible, except for the Nsukka and Ebonyi dialects which have evolved separately over time because of their geographical isolation.
Do we have indigenous igbo speakers in equitorial guinea?
One Love...
Igbo is also the second language of mainstream Nollywood after English.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by eskahy(m): 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
i'm igala boy, i love my lang & lv yoruba 2, bt thier girls are insultive
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by JOHNMASON(m): 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
Am an igbo guy but to say the truth hausa is the easiest followed by yoruba, I ve not lived in hausa land but can speak hausa because I have hausa friends and they taught me. You can't learn igbo like that.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by fran6uc(m): 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
4 me as an ibo boy i think its hausa den yoruba b4 igbo. Hausa is a straight 4ward language & also if u stay wit dem u'l learn it faster cos dey dont communicate wit anoda language ova dia.
Den yoruba is next cos dey also ve straight 4ward language bt its acuracy is beta acquired (by birth) dan by learning it. Bt i think d language dozn't seem 2
suit doz living outside dia boundary as against hausa.
Igbo! I can confidently tel u dat irrespective of hw long u stay in igbo land as an adult u seldom b a pro in it or beta dan one immersed in it by birth or gets 2 acquire it 4rm childhood (children assimilate faster). Secondly dia's no ibo man who is fluent in as many as 3-4 different dialects because igbo has vast dialects dat are individually distinctive. I speak igbo izugbe (central igbo) & my dialect (smwhere in abia) fluently bt i'd look totally foreign 2 an abakaliki or nsuka man. I'm also grabbing owerri too.
Dos of u tribalising dis thread dou uninformed should knw dat yoruba is rampant in music cos lagos is wia most productions are made which makes it easier 4 yorubas witout any knowledge of anoda language 2 fall in2 line. Pple 4rm oda languages are clustered in Lagos 2 do music thereby not being able 2 help learning d yoruba. It might interest u 2 knw dat Nigerian soldiers grind hausa well cos of there base, so locatn is a factor of rampancy.
Dont say d ibos are going extinct cos u'r simply geographicaly immobile abi u no dey c phyno (capital rec) & flavour? I bet u olamide cannot pull a crowd of 2 hundred in ebonyi cos dey dnt undastnd a tin he says.
If u go eastern u 2 wil like dia hits ova dia. (bongo, arabanko et al)

Also pls d igbos dont own nollywood bt dey tend 2 exist around a venture dat pays. PERIOD! Its nt peculiar 2 nollowood bt also in many endeavours. Doz guy just let dia accounts speak 4 dem.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by philfearon(m): 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

SHE WILL ACTS THE ROLE WHICH THE DIRECTOR GIVES TO HER...

DID YOU HEAR HER SPEAKING IGBO LANGUAGE?

NOLLYWOOD IS OWNED BY YORUBA, HAUSA, IGBO..
And Genevieve,Van Vicker,Jim Iyke,etc,All act Yoruba movies too?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

u will easily pick their names cos they are from ur: village.,
ppl in SE don't know them.
Unless osupa is davido, if u read about sunny bobo, wl u register it in ur memory
stop beign funny. Nobody cares about SE. If you cant conquer lagos then you cant conquer nigeria and africa. Check out all the igbo musicians doing well, they are all in lagos singing in yoruba e.g don jazzy, dr sid, chidinma, dprince, dj zeez, faze etc. Why cant they stay in alaigbo and sing in igbo? Cos they know the language is not compatible with music to a large extent like yoruba dats why terry g, timaya, iyanya etc all adopt it.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by frainc(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
yetunsbay: u are still a learner thou for d fact dat even some of your spellings are incorrect.But wait o have you ever learned of language TONE before? if not,Yoruba involves application of signs to differentiate your listed words...
a mature mind wont call another fellow "A LEANER"
its an insult but i'm too big to bring myself down by exchanging words with you.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by frainc(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
yetunsbay: u are still a learner thou for d fact dat even some of your spellings are incorrect.But wait o have you ever learned of language TONE before? if not,Yoruba involves application of signs to differentiate your listed words...
a mature mind wont call another fellow "A LEANER"
its an insult but i'm too big to bring myself down by exchanging words with you..
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by philfearon(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

IF NOLLYWOOD IS IGBO, WHY IS IT THAT IGBO LANGUAGE IS NOT USED AS THE MAJOR LANGUAGE IN EACH MOVIES?

Don't have ur time bro.....
Believe what u want.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 1:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

i hv told u pple dt d reason english is being used is bcu is nt only produced for d igbos alone bt for africa n beyound wic in return d producer makes more gain.Go to countries lik SA,kenya,zambia,usa u wil them watching nollywood movies unlik d yoruba movies dt is only meant for d yorubas.
That d igbos choose to employ other tribe into nollywood industries does nt mean dt it is no longer igbo property

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.