Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (34021 Views)

Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima / Democracy Or Which System Of Government Is Practice In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2014
Real-Mccoy:

Nah bruv , I am currently visiting Naija for the xmas and I can tell you that finding a real Lagosian is like finding diamond in the dirt. If people from Oyo, Osun, Kwara, ,Delta, Kano, Anambra and Imo decides to leave Lagos that state will be bankrupt. Demographic and diversity matters a whole lot and thats why United states is still the prefered destination for every immigrant.

I'm outchea - send me a PM.

It's not that difficult to find real Lagosians on the Island. However, I'm not saying everyone should leave, but I believe the place needs to be decongested asap, if the city is become a sane city. The darn city is just too populated, hence why regardless of how you try to fix things, you would always meet a snag. And most of the people don't even pay taxes - so how do you expect the government to maximise revenue generation from the large population?

I'm all for diversity - but Lagos is a humanitarian crisis.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mazizitonene(m): 11:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
Make u go form your own government na undecided

BTW: how much u pay mod, to carry ya opinion come fP ?
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by lacasa: 11:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
Real-Mccoy:
I think Kano state governor is doing better than most state governors . Anyone from that state or have visited that state should educate us.

B4 kwankwaso made a U-turn to do what he is doing in Kano, he took up Lagos as a model, that's y he even visited Fashola to get a first hand view on how Fashola went about his policies.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by meforyou1(m): 11:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
shymexx: Darn!! grin grin

The real Lagosians, the indigenous people are angry!! You overpopulated their city, yet you still throwing stones at them. grin

Anyway, as the son of the soil, and after seeing things for myself, I endorse their message! cool cool cool
who are the real lagosians. When fashola himself is from ondo state

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mdokpella: 11:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
Where are the APC goons in the house? One of the best trend of 2014. On a seriuos note, like what someone said, Fashola is a one-eyed man in the city of the blind. He is getting accolades because Nigerians are not use t seeing good roads ditto Oshomole.
May almighty God give us God fearing leaders starting from the to the president down to the least LG councillors. Until then we will not know what we are missing.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 11:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
Maybe if Fashola forcefully deports 6million people out of the 19million dwellers in Lagos State, then Governance will be easier for him.

Even villagers are having an opinion on this thread.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
Uyi Iredia:

Thanks. The question in the bolded is WHAT people should ask after reading the OP. Too much of partisan politics son dabaru their brain. I will rate Fashola a C (or C+ if there's any result like that). I'm more conservative in my scoring.

Haba, you are very strict o, lol! You remind me of that teacher that you couldn't really bulshit, you just had to turn in your work on time, or else...

////://///////////////////////////////////////////+shddddmdhy/////////////////////++++++++++++++++++
///:::://///:::/::::///////////////////////////+shddddddddddd+//+syyso/////////////+++++++++++++++++
//:::::://::://///::::::::////////+++////////+shhdddddddddmddhyhhhhhyyy+/////////////+++++++++++++++
/syyysso+/::::::/::+++osyyhhhhddddddddhyssyhhhdddddhdddddmmdmyddhhhhhhho///////////////+/+++++++++++
/yddddddhhysoooosyyhdddddddddddddmmmmmmmmdddddddddhhdddmmdddmhddhhhdddh+/////////////////++++++++++/
oohddddmmdddddddddddddddmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmNNmmmmddddmddddmdmmdmmdmddddhds/////////////////////++++++//:
hhhhdddhhhhdddddddddmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmNmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdmmmmmmh+//////////////////////++++//:::
hhhdhhhhhhddddmmmmmmmmddddmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmddddmmmmmmNmmmmmmmdhhmmmmmdo//////////////////+///+///:::::
//++syyhhhhdhhdddddmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdddddddmmmmmmmmmmmdsydmmmddo/////////////////+////:::::::::
++//syyoosyhs+/+oyddmmmmdddmmmmmmmmmmdddddhhhdddddmmmmmmmmdyyhdddddd+////////////////+///:::::::::::
yyssyys--:/syyoshhdhssddy///ydmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdddddddddmmmmmdhhhhhhdddhosyyys+++++++/////:::::::::::::
+osyss/ `.+yyyyy+/::ohdyo++sdmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdddmdddhdhhddhhhso++++++//:::::::::::::::
.::oss:.:+sssssyy+.``oyhhhhhhhhhhhddddddmmddmmmNNNNNNmNNNNNmmmmdddmmdddddddhyyyyyysoo++////:::::::::
-+osssossso/.``/sys:`syo::/+oosdddddhhhhhhhhhhdddddmmmmmmmmmmds++shdhddhyhhhhddddddddddhhhyyyssoo++/
ssssssssyo/:--..:oyysyy/ `hdmmmmmmmmmmdddddddddddddddddhyssyhhhhhhy+//++++oossyyhhhdddddddddddd
+ssssssyysssssysssyyyyyo/::--..ohddddddmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdddhhhhdhhhhhhhhhysssooo+++//::::///++ooshdd
oso:```...-oss//++oossyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhhhhhhddddddddmmmmmmmmm++++sddhhhhhhyhhhhhhdddhhhyyyssoo+///:+hd
o:` `-osss: `:ss:.--::/syhdddddhhyhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdds+////+yddhhy+//+++oooossyyyhhhhhdddddhhdd
` `-+ssssss/` `-oo- `-syhdddmmmhyosddddyyhdhhhyhyyhhyyysyhhysoo++++++//////++/////+++osshd
`````-+s+-oss:+s/` -os-` `.ysyhddddmdhs/+hddhyyhhs++oyyysoosyhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyhddddo::::::-:oh
---:+so:`.sss``/s/`` `.os:```+ddhyydddm/shy+:+oo+yyo/:::+yyo:---+yhs+osyddhsosshdddddddddhhhyyyyyd
:/oso/:::+ss+-..+s+``````.os/`.hddddyyddh--+yy+::::/sys/:::/sys:...:shy+::+hdh/..-ymddmmmmdddhhhdddd
oso/:::::oss/::::+so:--...-os++hdddddyyy----/yyo:::::oys+:::-oyy/...-ohyo+/:yddo:-/hmdddmdsdmhssoooy
o/:::::::sss::::::+so/:::::/osyhddddddhs:----:sys:---:+yy+:--./yy+....+hhs/+shdhy+/ydmmdds/+hmdysooy
:::::::/osss/:::::/+ss/:::::/osyhdddddyhs/:---:oys/----/yyo-...-syo-...:yho/yhhhdho/ohdmdy///smmhyo:
::::::+ssssso/::::::+ss/:///+hyyyhddd+/oyso////:oys+:---:syo-....oys-...-yhyydddyddy//+sddho//odmds/
----/osossssso/::::::/ss/:::yhddyshdo///+sso///::/yy+----:oys:```.+hy/....ohhhyy++hdho++/ymds/++hmmy
--:os+:/sss-oso:::::/:/ss/:+hhdddyso:::::/sso//:--:yyo-....+yy/.```:yyo..../hhhhy//ydhs/::oddh+/+smm
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
eaglechild:
What I mean is that they may resist relocation.
Most of the fishing villages and slums maybe difficult to alter.

It is not easy to give up land that you believe is ancestral.

I honestly doubt most of the people in those fishing villages are indigenous people. I believe they're settlers. I watched the "Welcome to Lagos" series on BBC and most of those slum dwellers aren't originally from Lagos, based on the interviews.

However, even if they're from Lagos, I doubt they would resist relocation, if they're provided with better alternatives. The problem is that most times, they're displaced, with no alternatives. Perhaps that's why they tend to resist relocation. No one wants to cheated.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by lacasa: 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
ba7man: Maybe if Fashola forcefully deports 6million people out of the 19million dwellers in Lagos State, then Governance will be easier.

grin
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
[s]
me_for_you: who are the real lagosians. When fashola himself is from ondo state
[/s]

Sod off! Don't ask me stupid questions. undecided
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
ba7man: Maybe if Fashola forcefully deports 6million people out of the 19million dwellers in Lagos State, then Governance will be easier for him.

I guess to you and your likes, everyone outside Lagos is a villager, so I guess Lagos too is your own village abi?

If that were so, wouldn't that also make you, A VILLAGER?
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by keswagz(m): 11:27pm On Jan 01, 2014
i pay over 200k for a state government school (lasu) yet over 30% stood while writing our physics exams cos of lack of chairs in the hall and you need to see 100 level halls for lectures xpecialy sciences 'no place to sit, student packed like sardins, no mic no speakers' u nid to see how students are treated. we wrk real hard for ourselves and by ourselves to answer thier very, very tough xsams ?s, and som lecturers will still be xpectin bribe whether or not you wrote ur xsams well ;DThank God i don almost graduate

4 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by willibounce: 11:27pm On Jan 01, 2014
Fashola and Tinubu are nothing but a BIG SCAM. Thts why they'll do anything to remain in control of Lagos. They cannot afford to let their dirty secrets of thievery out.

A lot of Nigerians are gullible, thts why they are deceived by wicked politicians. Ask fashola why his children are not in Lagos state govt schools.
He is an experienced con artist together with his don ojuyobo. The same man tht will sell verified lands to u and sell to another rich man/company and then come back to demolish ur building. They keep shouting 'eko o ni baje' but they can't chase agberos away. Scallywag!

9 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by tomzman: 11:29pm On Jan 01, 2014
The truth is that Fashola has laid a good foundation, it is now left for those coming after him to build on it. Op, I like your constructive criticism.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mojeer678: 11:30pm On Jan 01, 2014
eluquenson: Fashola's Govt is just over hyped undecided, his government is deceptive and am sure by the time he leaves office many of his atrocities will be revealed.

That's even very generous of you, some have documented what the rest of us go through and experience daily:

See: www.scribd.com/doc/171828536/Metro-Lagos-Upgrade
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 11:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
Uchiha Madara:

I guess to you and your likes, everyone outside Lagos is a villager, so I guess Lagos too is your own village abi?

If that were so, wouldn't that also make you, A VILLAGER?
You took my post personal...............You must be a villager.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 11:32pm On Jan 01, 2014
mr_born_todo_it: Too many complaints, @ op . What have you personally done to improve your surroundings and better the life of your neighbors? Do your own part as a citizen and leave the rest.

I will admit being apathetic like most Nigerians but events over the years have made more proactive. And I admit being very flawed but there's only so much one person can do and a recent experience I'll tell shows this.

The LASTMA PSP responsible for my area served us with an notice of considerable outstanding bills. That was shocking because even with my awareness of the thing on TV they hardly reached us. In fact, we only started using them January last year. Prior to that, we did use their truck a few times but we had been using abokis. Illegal, I know and problematic but consider what happens next. I plead with the woman who runs the PSP that we haven't been using her, challenged her to bring records (we usually sign after they take dirt) and she made a veiled threat of using court action since she knew of our use of abokis. I met my tenants and we agreed to pay less than half the sum, which would cover about a year before and she disagreed. I tried getting another PSp they said I need to go to LASTMa who enforces which are they use. They advised that it would be better I see the LG on the matter.. Getting to the place I'm being told to pay. (Funny people, the money involved will cover I and my sister's feeding money in school for months, she I dey manufacture money ?) I contacted LAsTMA on the issue to no avail. Name by force to go Alausa to settle am ? I have settled for a third party pleading the PSP involved. In the meantime, we use aboki, moreso since the PSP involved wasn't even consistent. They are like NEPA, attimes there, attimes we had to turn our house front to a minĂ®-wasteland before they came.

This is just for waste management matter citizen they try solve. The same Fashola people come dey disturbed me for tax (not Land use charge). And u say be a good citizen and leave the rest. To who ? A corrupt and inefficient govt, so much so we take average performance as A rating. Then you now complain that UTME cutoff was reduced: if you don't see the connection SMH for you.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by meforyou1(m): 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
willibounce: Fashola and Tinubu are nothing but a BIG SCAM. Thts why they'll do anything to remain in control of Lagos. They cannot afford to let their dirty secrets of thievery out.

A lot of Nigerians are gullible, thts why they are deceived by wicked politicians. Ask fashola why his children are not in Lagos state govt schools.
He is an experienced con artist together with his don ojuyobo. The same man tht will sell verified lands to u and sell to another rich man/company and then come back to demolish ur building. They keep shouting 'eko o ni baje' but they can't chase agberos away. Scallywag!
fashola from Ondo state, the igbo hater, is the worst scam of all.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mkoabiola: 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
He refuse to repair isheri osun rd for 8yrs and u kal dat a gvnr.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by RealMccoy2(m): 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
Please don't base your assumption from watching TV, visit lagos, interact with the people and find out for yourself. Television supplemented education made ignorant Americans think Africans are still living in tree houses. I like Fashola vision and that is why I would prefer some one like him to be president of naija, provided he keeps Tinubu in arm length.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by tolagbemi: 11:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
All our governors are dozen and 12.There are same.Fasola should be ashamed. I was begging for vote for during the last election. His government is scoring minus by day.State of roads are so bad. Ejigbo road along Isolo/Ikotun kept us for 3 hours.Pothole at Ejigbo bus stop, like others ate bad.Governor's don't need steal money. Eat your security allocation. Use the rest for citizens
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by mojeer678: 11:39pm On Jan 01, 2014
Lifebender: Is it because he threw you back to ur stateHe is not as good as we think yet Lag cannot be compaired to your state Tell mii all that you have mentioned which of the projects did your governor embark onDo you have good roads,portable water,good schools,proper waste disposalIf then why do you fam.ily want to d1e in lagosFashola is not good you were sent packing u started crying like a baby...Na ur wahala be dat.What has GEJ done for naijaJust go get a life leave the state for the owner.Just scream ur gov name to develop ur state...Or do you want lagos to look like paradise while you state will be like a school farm

Why don't you get back to the thread comparing who rocked the dress better? Serious people are discussing a serious topic. These kids on NL! SMH
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
ba7man: You took my post personal...............You must be a villager.

There you go again, pointing the villager finger to everybody, damn son, you must have a thing for villagers.

Who knows maybe you might get lucky like John Smith in Pocahontas and bag yourself a villager.

This must be your theme song:

They're savages! Savages!
Barely even human
Savages! Savages!
Drive them from our shore!
They're not like you and me Which means they must be evil
We must sound the drums of war!
Dirty shrieking devils!
Now we sound the drums of war!

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by meforyou1(m): 11:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
luvinhubby: Fashola is a failure.
not only a failure but equally a heartless, igbo-hating nonentity
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 11:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
Compared to other Governors, Fashola isn't perfect but he is light years ahead.

I just wish those complaining about his Government would be more concerned about their states of origin than lagos state.

Soon, they'll come back to complain that Lagos is experiencing unfair development at the detriment of other States.

Eg.......@Uyi Uredia should probably be more concerned about Edo State.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by McLuhan(m): 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
Nigerians are the easiest people to govern on earth! If you hear them rhapsodise about Fashola's performance you'd think he has performed unprecedented miracles. The truth is that Fashola is only a perfomer by Nigerian standards! In terms of global best governance practices, no Nigerian state governor deserves special commendation, not even one! Just think of it: Is there any Nigerian governor who is not neck-deep in corruption? I mean the most egregious barefaced looting of state funds. Or are we rejoicing over the fact that they manage to construct some roads? Even Akpabio, who has presided over perhaps one of the most impressive infrastructural renewals in Nigerian history, is often accused of misplacement of priorities, a practice that has seen precious funds lavished on frivolities while leaving the state underfunded in some key areas. In some states such as Theodore Orji's Abia, one is forced to ask if there is a governor at all. Orji represents criminal ineptitude dressed up and sycophantically marketed under the annoying sobriquet "Ochendo". Other governors now make their home in Abuja, making frequent trips abroad on the slightest excuse, mostly using the alibi of scouting for "foreign investors", and only coming home to their states when some important dignitary, perhaps the president, pays a visit. So, if Fashola is a model, he is only a Nigerian model. In any case, a governor who has had the kind of conflicts he has had with medical doctors and who has managed to price university education beyond the reach of most common people in his state is not my idea of a model governor. That's my personal opinion anyway, and I don't necessarily expect others to agree with me.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
Real-Mccoy:
Please don't base your assumption from watching TV, visit lagos, interact with the people and find out for yourself. Television supplemented education made ignorant Americans think Africans are still living in tree houses. I like Fashola vision and that is why I would prefer some one like him to be president of naija, provided he keeps Tinubu in arm length.

He is Tinubu's errand boy. I heard some health workers say that the Health commissioner in his cabinet was once Tinubu's chaffaeur when he went on exile to the US. Besides, their way of ruling is similar, it's too obvious he is Tinubu's godson.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
me_for_you: not only a failure but equally a heartless, igbo-hating nonentity

Why are you tribalising the thread? When Italiano1, superstar1, eggheaders and the rest invade the thread and start verbally decimating your ethnic group, you would run to Afam, to come lock the thread. I still don't know why you lot whine about every darn thing, for fvck sake.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
ba7man: Compared to other Governors, Fashola isn't perfect but he is light years ahead.

I just wish those complaining about his Government would be more concerned about their states of origin than lagos state.

Soon, they'll come back to complain that Lagos is experiencing unfair development at the detriment of other States.

Are you from Lagos ? And why I have every right to be concerned as one born and bred in Lagos. I am concerned about my state, and by extension the country, but the part of Lagos I stay is my home in every meaningful sense of the term. Get used to that.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 11:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Uchiha Madara:

There you go again, pointing the villager finger to everybody, damn son, you must have a thing for villagers.

Who knows maybe you might get lucky like John Smith in Pocahontas and bag yourself a villager.

This must be your theme song:

Barely even human
Savages! Savages!
Drive them from our shore!
They're not like you and me Which means they must be evil
We must sound the drums of war!
Dirty shrieking devils!
Now we sound the drums of war!

I've lived in Lagos all my life. I witnessed the decays of the 80s and 90s and for once someone comes along to do something about it...............................Then someone from a less obscure location starts condemning his effort.

If that person had being more concerned about his home zone, he won't be in Lagos complaining.

BTW, both John Smith and Pocahontas died and didn't live full lives but i love that song in the cartoon.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 11:48pm On Jan 01, 2014
shymexx:

How do you plan an urban centre in a place as snarly populated as Lagos? The only option is to create new cities to decongest the old ones for renewal. Even with that, based on demand, supply and cost, how many Lagosians would be able to afford to live in the new cities? The only option is for the FG to build new cities, to decongest Lagos - or other state governments, to roll their sleeves up, and start working - so as to enable reverse migration from Lagos.

Population factor again and excessive pressure on infrastructures.

Population factor coupled with demand and supply, and the need to meet the demand, despite insufficient funds. That would obviously rub off on the quality. The only solution is for more Nigerians to start paying taxes.

PS: Not making excuses for Fashola. He is just a one-eyed man in the land of the blind. And personally, he's an extreme capitalist, an ideology I don't agree with. However, he's one of the best in Nigeria. The Osun governor is my guy - I like his ideology.

I made a suggestion you are overlooking. In fact, I think the people in charge should have been on it. They should go for containment by trying to regulate how structures are built with the local govt. Keep postponing it till later and you court disaster; it is that same spirit which put us in the palaver we are in now.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 01, 2014
ba7man: Compared to other Governors, Fashola isn't perfect but he is light years ahead.

I think it's fair to say that we the people have complained about most of our leaders, from GEJ down to the Local Governments.

Today, we are highlighting the flaws in Fasholas government, I don't think the OP means to smear the person of Fashola, but to bridge the gap between hearsay/hype and reality.

Even if he were to be the best in Nigeria (which doesn't mean much with the way political leaders have always been ELECTEDSELECTED), we still have a right as denizens of the sate to constructively criticize.

Or do you recommend that we never criticize the man?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

El-Rufai To Demolish 40 Churches, 3500 Houses, 16 Schools / #MadeInNaija: UK High Commissioner & His Son Rock Nigerian Attires (photos) / Norfin Offshore: Udom Emmanuel Commissions Indigenous Shipyard (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.