Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

"How Large Was Noah's Ark?" - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" (51225 Views)

Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? / Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by MrAboki: 10:45am On Jan 08, 2014
Jaerymes:

The problem with man is that man has failed to realize that God is not man!! He created the world, don't you think he could manipulate it however he wants? He is the creator of the rules you mentioned above, therefore isn't limited by them! Just like the playstation was created for "gaming", sony being the builder can as well convert it to a DVD player if they want. The playstation is not above sony, sony is above the playstation and whatever the playstation is, is a result of sony's decision.

God knew man would be so shallow thats why he asked in the bible not to question him.

No..

The real problem with Man is that we still have humans like you who still are afraid to push the boundaries.. angry Ask questions, test Logic, etc..

How can you believe all those ridiculous stories in the Bible (which you subconciously know that they are far-fetched) without questioning them. Now if I were God, the people who will go to hell are those who failed to seek knowledge.

God.. You dont even know what that is. All you know is that you have been told about the existence of a heavenly plain with winged Angels soaring around in white robes, a God with a Son and no wife and then the Holy Spirit who I still dont understand his role. You rely on religous manuscripts allegedly written by people who existed in a time when Malaria was a killer disease and the inventor of the Abacus would have been stoned. You are quick to swallow hook line and sinker the stories in the bible without even bothering to use the Sense that God has given you to ponder on them.

Your playstation Analogy is re:tarded. I know Sony. Sony is real not imagined or read up in a book. Sony is still present and keeps updating the Playstation to match the present times. The most recent book of the Bible is still older than 1000 years.

The day you conciously start using the brains that 'GOD' has given you, thats the day you would be free from bondage. The day you can read the story of Job and see it as God & Satan playing Ludo with a Humans life, then you will be free.. The day you read the Noah story and see that even if by chance that was ture, it was Genocide, then you will be emancipated, The day you look at the Bible and see it as an Isreali/Jewish package that has little regard for Blacks & Africa, then your salvation would have started.

Even God sef no fit believe that a 600 year old Man could have built an Ark.. angry

If I told you a story about my fore-fathers how Elder Aboki in 1400 B.C at the age of 500 years old impregnanted a Woman, you would say I am lying. If that same story were in the Bible, You would put your hands on it and be praying with it.. grin

Now what is the Problem with Mankind again?! angry

6 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by emmog25: 11:07am On Jan 08, 2014
Mr Aboki:

No..

The real problem with Man is that we still have humans like you who still are afraid to push the boundaries.. angry Ask questions, test Logic, etc..

How can you believe all those ridiculous stories in the Bible (which you subconciously know that they are far-fetched) without questioning them. Now if I were God, the people who will go to hell are those who failed to seek knowledge.

God.. You dont even know what that is. All you know is that you have been told about the existence of a heavenly plain with winged Angels soaring around in white robes, a God with a Son and no wife and then the Holy Spirit who I still dont understand his role. You rely on religous manuscripts allegedly written by people who existed in a time when Malaria was a killer disease and the inventor of the Abacus would have been stoned. You are quick to swallow hook line and sinker the stories in the bible without even bothering to use the Sense that God has given you to ponder on them.

Your playstation Analogy is re:tarded. I know Sony. Sony is real not imagined or read up in a book. Sony is still present and keeps updating the Playstation to match the present times. The most recent book of the Bible is still older than 1000 years.

The day you conciously start using the brains that 'GOD' has given you, thats the day you would be free from bondage. The day you can read the story of Job and see it as God & Satan playing Ludo with a Humans life, then you will be free.. The day you read the Noah story and see that even if by chance that was ture, it was Genocide, then you will be emancipated, The day you look at the Bible and see it as an Isreali/Jewish package that has little regard for Blacks & Africa, then your salvation would have started.

Even God sef no fit believe that a 600 year old Man could have built an Ark.. angry

If I told you a story about my fore-fathers how Elder Aboki in 1400 B.C at the age of 500 years old impregnanted a Woman, you would say I am lying. If that same story were in the Bible, You would put your hands on it and be praying with it.. grin

Jesus! So surprised that Mankind can type this?! You've obviously doubt the existence of God.. I plea the Grace of God, wisdom,knowlegde and understanding on you.

Irony of everything is people like you still live longer, as God want it.

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by danarchy4(m): 11:13am On Jan 08, 2014
Before you ask about the ark, find out where the hair on your head comes from, same with nails and teeth, find out how a tiny drop of sperm could mutate into bones and giants in after time, how the earth is suspending on the atmosphere with 5 billion souls, the force that wakes a death man after mentioning Jesus name,,,, instead of giving your life to Christ, keep fooling ur self by asking silly questions.

2 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by MrAboki: 11:21am On Jan 08, 2014
danarchy4: Before you ask about the ark, find out where the hair on your head comes from, same with nails and teeth, find out how a tiny drop of sperm could mutate into bones and giants in after time, how the earth is suspending on the atmosphere with 5 billion souls, the force that wakes a death man after mentioning Jesus name,,,, instead of giving your life to Christ, keep fooling ur self by asking silly questions.

If you dont still know the answers to those questions, then you are in the wrong place..

Where you need to be in is Primary 3.. Basic Science and Health Science.

2 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by LordAdam: 11:32am On Jan 08, 2014
n_armani: haha!!! Are you for real?? what magic do you think could divide the red sea? I'm pretty much curious o. so magic is now your standards for believing?? if it can't be achieved via magic, forget it, right?
Lord help us.

There's magic mate, miracles don't happen only in the Bible. According to an account in the Bible, Pharaoh's sorcerer's were also able to turn sticks to snakes (what kind of magic did they use). One thing is believing in God, one thing is believing in certain powers that be, that can be harnesses regardless of your belief.

The Ark story is subject to refute, it was narrated as an actual event instead of a miracle (which would make you argue spiritual). A ark the size mentioned in the Bible can not accommodate at least a pair of all land animals known today not to mention those extinct or yet to be discovered.

It's plausible that this is a fable.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by LordAdam: 11:47am On Jan 08, 2014
danarchy4: Before you ask about the ark, find out where the hair on your head comes from, same with nails and teeth, find out how a tiny drop of sperm could mutate into bones and giants in after time, how the earth is suspending on the atmosphere with 5 billion souls, the force that wakes a death man after mentioning Jesus name,,,, instead of giving your life to Christ, keep fooling ur self by asking silly questions.

How old are you? Product of a failed education system.

2 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Mudley313: 11:55am On Jan 08, 2014
Rexyl:

The word of God aims to let people know that there is a Creator behind the creation in a similar way your parents produced you by birth and you now exist as a living creature. Nobody forces you to believe this simple fact. If you like appreciate it or ignore it. christians know God exists in Spirit and they are trained to reference Him as such. Christ gospel tells us God doesn't mean evil for those diligently seeking and serving Him in truth and spirit. You mention book haram here and you seem to code it as evils of God. Once again Christ's message gives the distinction BTW goodness (love and kindness) of God and evils of Satan (which involve his cruelty and violence). Through Christ message we know that acts of terrorism is handiwork of Satan. Pls note there is no God in the act at all.

smh...what's the difference between terrorist acts committed by boko haram and al-qaeda and all the barbaric atrocities committed by your savage jewish god throughout the old testament?

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

That nigga bible god even condones slavery which your white slave masters used in forcing your mumu-self to accept his religion without the use of your god given brain to think about the ridiculousness of the bible

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

3 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by luluosas(m): 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
Evil Brain: How did Noah fit 2 million insects (1 million species x 2) into the ark? And how did be manage to fit 12,000 amphibians, 20,000 birds, 11,000 mammals, 16,000 reptiles and god knows how many crustaceans, arachnids and mollusks into a boat that must have already been overflowing with insects? Where did he find space to keep a years worth of food for all those animals? How did he keep the meat for the Lions, tigers and other carnivores fresh for a whole year? Why did he take mosquitoes, tapeworms, guinea worms and the HIV virus aboard the ark? Did he infect himself with all those parasites, or did he force his wife and children to carry them? How come all the animals didn't freeze to death at 9,000 metres altitude (the height of Mount Everest which must have been underwater) Where did they find oxygen to breathe at that height? What did all the animals eat after getting off the ark? All the plants must have died after a year underwater, and all the animals would have drowned so no food for herbivores or carnivores. How come all the fish in the ocean survived? Saltwater fish can't survive in freshwater and the ocean would have been massively diluted with all that rain. Or did the ark also have a salty fish tank with space for 60,000 fish (30,000 species x 2)? And how did he feed all those fish?

Not that I'm doubting this ark story mind you. Its in the Bible after all, so it must be true. I'm just curious about a few technicalities. I'm sure you have good explanations for all of them.
Just as your username suggests, I am not surprised at all for your poor judgment.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by luluosas(m): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
emmog25:

Jesus! So surprised that Mankind can type this?! You've obviously doubt the existence of God.. I plea the Grace of God, wisdom,knowlegde and understanding on you.

Irony of everything is people like you still live longer, as God want it.
My dear friend, don't let their attitudes offset you at all. They know themselves of whom the bible spoke about. Proverbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by LordAdam: 12:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mudley313:

That nigga bible god even condones slavery which your white slave masters used in forcing your mumu-self to accept his religion without the use of your god given brain to think about the ridiculousness of the bible

And to think that the blacks were preached to and accepted the Whites as their masters is the worst form of racial conditioning. Today, the majority of the descendants of these abused blacks of old, stay conditioned to the same lies told their ancestors. Still scared of asking questions like their ancestors. Still maintaining the thought process that caused and supported slavery.

Today we preach Pan-Africanism and want to accept heroes of freedom as our own, when we are afraid to speak out for ourselves or question the status quo.

This is a painful paragon of the phenomenom that explains why Adult Elephants stay attached to trees by chains used when they were very much younger. You spit on the shallow graves of the victims of slave trade, when you tell yourself, I have no right to ask questions. This singular reason is why I wouldn't grace this thread with my presence again. The level of unresponsiveness, gullibility and utter disregard for rationality on the altar of religion is shocking. It therefore begs of reason that if the Muslims had invaded us down south during the Caliphate-expansion, we'd be as gullible as those up north, and probably have a few on here who would be willing to blow themselves up for their beliefs--after all how dare you ask questions.

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Rexyl(m): 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mudley313:

smh...what's the difference between terrorist acts committed by boko haram and al-qaeda and all the barbaric atrocities committed by your savage jewish god throughout the old testament?

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

Quoting the Bible tells us that you either read it or listen to its messages to some extent. If you are sure of what you believe pls answer this question. Does Christ gospel aim to set people free from bondages of sins, or to put them into it? And what you believe, how does it make lives pure and clean from evils?

Now to what you have raised, God is the Creator who can do whatever pleases Him with what He created. Killing some and sparing some in the old testament tells you how awesome and favourable He is to those He called and loved. According to the Bible, God willed that something happened, likewise He changed His mind to prevent some things that might make man devastated. He created all but chose the Israelites as a people through whom His convenant would be revealed to the world - the convenant that will make Him take care of all nations in general and people serving Him in particular. He made this convenant possible thru the sacrificial death of Christ.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2014
Earth History: Wickedness on Earth.

God impresses upon Noah the fact that not only are people NOT 'basically good,' they are not even close to being good.

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Rexyl(m): 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
luluosas:
My dear friend, don't let their attitudes offset you at all. They know themselves of whom the bible spoke about. Proverbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Romans 1:28 further says something about them - these people rejecting God and His knowledge.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nests in the Ark

"Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch." (Genesis 6:14)

Details surrounding the story of Noah and the Flood have long caused laymen and theologians alike to stumble and compromise.

None could argue that the wording was not clear.  God had commanded Noah to build a wooden boat of huge dimensions and to take on board representatives of land-dwelling, air-breathing animals.  The Flood, Scripture reveals, devastated the entire world.  But nineteenth-century theologians, pressed on by Hutton, Lyell, and others proposing the new uniformitarian interpretation of earth history, became convinced that the scriptural account must be understood in a figurative sense.  Their twentieth-century counterparts repeat this error, promulgating the non-biblical idea that the Flood was only local.

Some have wondered how Noah could gather all the animals, but the Bible simply says they "went in two and two unto Noah into the ark" (7:9), evidently migrating to the location on God’s command.

Their care while on the Ark has also been raised as a problem.  But, in all likelihood, the animals entered a state of semi-dormancy, as nearly all of their descendants do today when faced with danger over which they have no control and from which they cannot flee.

Scripture supports this idea in our text: The word "rooms," which is more properly translated "nests" everywhere else in Scripture, implies a small place to sleep or nestle, rather than a large cage.  The job of caring for the animals may have been difficult, but our gracious God would have seen to it that it was possible.  Questions like these are no cause for compromise. JDM
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by 989900: 1:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
phuck_NL:

Unless Noah's ark was as big as the entire earth itself, this story is a MYTH. It was written by PEOPLE. Why is it so hard to believe that PEOPLE LIE.
The same people who said the earth was flat, who said there was a ladder than connected HEAVEN to the earth?
Thank God for Astronauts, we know all that was a lie.

1. The flood covering the whole earth shouldn't necessarily mean the whole physical earth. But the portion occupied by the peoples of those time.

2. The Bible clearly states the earth is round.

3. Connecting the heavens to earth does not necessarily have to be in a literal sense. The bible is like some cipher, and trying to interpret it literally would only send you in all wrong directions. And on the flip side, travelling say from Lagos to planet Saturn in few hours or days might actually even be possible by humans in the future via "worm holes". I figure the intelligent creator/designer of all creations call him God, call whatever, believe in him or not, would sure have even a smarter way/technology.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by 989900: 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mr Aboki:

No..

Logic?! Really?! tell that to a solipsist or heretic. Hell, we can't even all agree 1+1=2.

Tell me how logic explains a man in India who's not eaten, drank nor passed urine nor stool for 70 years.

Or, his fellow country man who tried to commit suicide by hugging a high voltage transformer, only to discover the transformer had nothing on him. He can't be electrocuted. Now if that was written in the bible you'd call it fairy tale.

Or ask Bruce Gernon how he was able to do a time warp of 30 minutes forward in time, and 100 miles forward in space over the Bermuda triangle which is just one of the many mysteries surrounding that axis (so much for time and space being constants).

So much for "logic".
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by MrAboki: 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
989900:

Logic?! Really?! tell that to a solipsist or heretic. Hell, we can't even all agree 1+1=2.

Tell me how logic explains a man in India who's not eaten, drank nor passed urine nor stool for 70 years.

Or, his fellow country man who tried to commit suicide by hugging a high voltage transformer, only to discover the transformer had nothing on him. He can't be electrocuted. Now if that was written in the bible you'd call it fairy tale.

Or ask Bruce Gernon how he was able to do a time warp of 30 minutes forward in time, and 100 miles forward in space over the Bermuda triangle which is just one of the many mysteries surrounding that axis (so much for time and space being constants).

So much for "logic".

And because you dont understand any of the things you wrote in your post, you simply take the lazy mans option oof attributing it to God instead of researching it further to unravel the mystery..

So much for Logic indeed.. grin

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by MrAboki: 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
989900:

So much for "logic".

And because you dont understand any of the things you wrote in your post, you simply take the lazy mans option oof attributing it to God instead of researching it further to unravel the mystery..

And did you know that Bruce Gernon's story was never verified by anybody but himself?! And that He also claims to have seen several UFOs.. grin
And the Indian guy you spoke about not eating is Prahlad Jani.. His claims have also never been independently verified by Medical Scientists.

Never heard of the electrocution guy, but its possible..

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Joshthefirst(m): 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mr Aboki:

No..

wetin you dey tok here aboki? Menene ka-ina yi? Go and read the bibilical account of the flood and look at our world today. There is more than enough evidence. And don't begin to dey tok of logic oo. The atheists I argued with earlier believe in illogic and destructive physics and they accuse me of being illogical. grin

Ina wini? grin

This thread has gone far. Smh.

And evil brain still repeated the nonsense questions again?
Chei.

The bible specifically says noah took different kinds. The landscape was much different then. The mountains then, if a flood as great as that occurred, would be much lower and different from the ones of today. HIV is a virus. Different strains of viruses appear very quickly. If people are still arguing about viruses and microbes here, they are joking, not to be taken seriously. grin

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by 989900: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mr Aboki:

Oh I'm guessing you do. Kindly enlighten us oh "wise one".

And as far as their relation to logic goes, the above mentioned examples are illogical, but of course reality. Which negates your assumption that if it's not logical, then it's impossible.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Joshthefirst(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
And this is not godidit. Besides, what's wrong with God did it? Why are you so against God then? If he claims he did it and its recorded and there's evidence, what's wrong? Why does this very fact threaten you? The same people go around shouting randomness and chance did it and expect to be taken seriously. Mtchew.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by 989900: 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mr Aboki:

And did you know that Bruce Gernon's story was never verified by anybody but himself?! And that He also claims to have seen several UFOs.. grin
And the Indian guy you spoke about not eating is Prahlad Jani.. His claims have also never been independently verified by Medical Scientists.

Never heard of the electrocution guy, but its possible..

Bruce wasn't alone on that day...that it can't be verified by a third party doesn't make it false. And the Indian man was actually hospitalized and examined for 10 days to prove/disprove his claim...which was true and medically illogical. Just as you won't dare intentionally hug a transformer 'cause logic tells you, it will kill you.

The point anyway is, as far as their relation to logic goes, the above mentioned examples are illogical, but of course reality. Which negates your assumption that if it's not logical, then it's impossible.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by MrAboki: 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
Joshthefirst: wetin you dey tok here aboki? Menene ka-ina yi? Go and read the bibilical account of the flood and look at our world today. There is more than enough evidence. And don't begin to dey tok of logic oo. The atheists I argued with earlier believe in illogic and destructive physics and they accuse me of being illogical. grin

Ina wini? grin

This thread has gone far. Smh.

And evil brain still repeated the nonsense questions again?
Chei.

The bible specifically says noah took different kinds. The landscape was much different then. The mountains then, if a flood as great as that occurred, would be much lower and different from the ones of today. HIV is a virus. Different strains of viruses appear very quickly. If people are still arguing about viruses and microbes here, they are joking, not to be taken seriously. grin

You want to tell me, a Geological Engineer about the proof that the entire earth was once flooded at the same time.. grin

Na wah o!! Now I feel like an e-bully.. grin

Okay.. Did you know that;

1. The Great Pyramid of Cheops was built about 2589-2566 BC, about 230 years before the flood, yet it has no water marks on it. grin

2. The Djoser Step Pyramid at Saqqara, Egypt, built about 2630 BC doesn't show any signs of having been under water.

3. the Egyptians have continuous historical records for hundreds of years before and after the time of the flood that make no mention of a great flood.

4. To cover even Mount Ararat, where Noah's Ark supposedly landed after the flood, in 40 days would require over 400 feet of water per day. That's not 400 inches, but 400 feet a day.

NOTE:: Forget that crap you wrote about the Mountains not being that high because the Bible speaks of great mountains in the time before the flood. Were these great mountains mentioned in the Bible only a few feet high?

Just to jog your biblical memory, please read: Exodus 19:16-19.. And tell me that a mountain that has coulds resting on it was a small mountain.. Or your defence would be that the clouds were lower in those days... grin iKid, iKid.. grin

Finally For now..:: Go and read the Babylonian story of Gilgamesh (Which is older than the story of Noah..).. Then come back and tell me what you noticed in the story..

2 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
Pope Xander VII: It's funny how Africans don't believe Oduduwa came down from Heaven on a Ladder, yet you believe a Tale as Outrageous and as ridiculous as the Tale of Noah.

Help me ask them. African folklore is fake but the one the WHITE man brought is TRUE. Iranu.

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
oiseworld:

If what you want is the measurement and size of the ship, then go back to the Bible it gives accurate measurement of the size of the ark. We have ships today that can house every animal in the world. If it can be done now then it could be done then.

Genesis 6 should help.

We have ships that can house every animal in the world today. CHINEKE!!!
I have died. If you really believe what you posted, then this argument is futile

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by MrAboki: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
989900:

Oh I'm guessing you do. Kindly enlighten us oh "wise one".

And as far as their relation to logic goes, the above mentioned examples are illogical, but of course reality. Which negates your assumption that if it's not logical, then it's impossible.

You brought me the stories..

Show me the proof of them all..

Show me verifiable proofs posted in renowned Journals by renowed Scientists..

If not, you must believe me when I tell you that My Father is the Younger Brother of Jesus who was also born via Immaculate conception and My Grandmother who had 10 sons died a Virgin..

O!! And My Brother also was swallowed by a Sardine and he still lives there currently.. I visited him last week.. grin

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
Rexyl:

The world of spirit and the physical are are different things which influence each other. Believing, relying and calling on deities/gods for quick signs without following a written document don't come just like that without proper dedication to certain ordinances and doing rituals. Christians ritual to appease God is the documented words of grace and truth of the New testament. Asking and receiving from God depends on trust/faith and obedience to Him, His mercy and grace.

Certain circumstances may contend the originality of message as given by God through revelation but its validity is a function of what it meant to achieve at a time or all times and what is required from people.

English is not my first language. You've lost me. Abeg reduce the big words. I'm not joking. I really didn't get your response.

989900:
1. The flood covering the whole earth shouldn't necessarily mean the whole physical earth. But the portion occupied by the peoples of those time.
2. The Bible clearly states the earth is round.
3. Connecting the heavens to earth does not necessarily have to be in a literal sense. The bible is like some cipher, and trying to interpret it literally would only send you in all wrong directions. And on the flip side, travelling say from Lagos to planet Saturn in few hours or days might actually even be possible by humans in the future via "worm holes". I figure the intelligent creator/designer of all creations call him God, call whatever, believe in him or not, would sure have even a smarter way/technology.

Why is it a cipher. Why should it be hard to understand. Why can't it be easy to understand so everyone makes heaven. Why do we need special people to decipher it? Are we not all equal? Usually when you need specific people to decipher "things" there is a hidden agenda.

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
Joshthefirst: And this is not godidit. Besides, what's wrong with God did it? Why are you so against God then? If he claims he did it and its recorded and there's evidence, what's wrong? Why does this very fact threaten you? The same people go around shouting randomness and chance did it and expect to be taken seriously. Mtchew.

Here's my question to you. WHO recorded it? Because we all know GOD did not write the BIBLE.
I ask again, why should I believe that WHAT the writers wrote/recorded is true since most of their stories do not add up.
If MAN has been lieing since Adam and Eve, what makes it different this time around. How can you tell me with 100% certainty that the writers did not LIE for their own selfish benefits.

If the Records had fallen from the SKY, fine. We know it didn't. It was compiled by MAN.
MAN lies.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Joshthefirst(m): 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mr Aboki:

You want to tell me, a Geological Engineer about the proof that the entire earth was once flooded at the same time.. grin
toh. May we see na.

Mr Aboki:
Na wah o!! Now I feel like an e-bully.. grin
grin

Mr Aboki:
Okay.. Did you know that;

1. The Great Pyramid of Cheops was built about 2589-2566 BC, about 230 years before the flood, yet it has no water marks on it. grin
according to which dating standards?

Mr Aboki:
2. The Djoser Step Pyramid at Saqqara, Egypt, built about 2630 BC doesn't show any signs of having been under water.
according to which dating standards?

Mr Aboki:
3. the Egyptians have continuous historical records for hundreds of years before and after the time of the flood that make no mention of a great flood.
no. Gimme your evidence then. There are only archaeological records that secular scientists date with faulty dating methods.

Mr Aboki:
4. To cover even Mount Ararat, where Noah's Ark supposedly landed after the flood, in 40 days would require over 400 feet of water per day. That's not 400 inches, but 400 feet a day.
the bibilical records state that the water reserves beneath the crust broke open, and the rains fell constantly and torrentially for 40 days.
So it would have been very easy.

Mr Aboki:
NOTE:: Forget that crap you wrote about the Mountains not being that high because the Bible speaks of great mountains in the time before the flood. Were these great mountains mentioned in the Bible only a few feet high?
we're considering the possibility of a flood, I have said this earlier. You cannot consider this possibility that would have cause enough crust and landscape modifications with the view of contemporary landscape today.

Mr Aboki:
Just to jog your biblical memory, please read: Exodus 19:16-19.. And tell me that a mountain that has coulds resting on it was a small mountain.. Or your defence would be that the clouds were lower in those days... grin iKid, iKid.. grin
as I said, you cannot argue this possibility with modern landscape.

Mr Aboki:
Finally For now..:: Go and read the Babylonian story of Gilgamesh (Which is older than the story of Noah..).. Then come back and tell me what you noticed in the story..
go and read the record of the flood again, this time without religious or irreligious bias, like a true scientist that you are. grin

[/quote]
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by 989900: 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mr Aboki:

You brought me the stories..

Show me the proof of them all..

Show me verifiable proofs posted in renowned Journals by renowed Scientists..

If not, you must believe me when I tell you that My Father is the Younger Brother of Jesus who was also born via Immaculate conception and My Grandmother who had 10 sons died a Virgin..

O!! And My Brother also was swallowed by a Sardine and he still lives there currently.. I visited him last week.. grin

I'd rephrase your assumptions properly for you...seems there are some comprehension issues here.

1. If you tell me that your Father is the Younger Brother of Jesus who was also born via Immaculate conception and your Grandmother who had 10 sons died a Virgin. I can poke fun and unintelligible reply you'r lying. But as far as proofs go, I cannot disproof your assumptions and claims 'cause:

A. I do not know you by any means, nor have I met you ever before...are you Jewish or not, even I do not know.
B. I do not have access to specimens to perform paternity tests on you, your dad (whom even you probably have not scientifically confirmed that he is your father, except your mum told you he is your father), mum, your grand parents and their relation to the Joseph family.
C. I cannot even attest to you having a brother or not, but of course we will have serious doubts you'r stinking of lies 'cause, sardines are physically incapable of swallowing your brother (pick a bigger fish if you can) ... unless maybe ur referring to your brother's fetus..which makes it impossible for you to visit him last week. But then what do we know.....

Lastly, as far as showing you verifiable proofs, for things I've stated, you can as well research about them it's cheap-easy.
And just so we'r not confusing each other here, if you state clearly where your disbeliefs are, maybe I can point you in the right directions.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Joshthefirst(m): 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
phuck_NL:

Here's my question to you. WHO recorded it? Because we all know GOD did not write the BIBLE.
I ask again, why should I believe that WHAT the writers wrote/recorded is true since most of their stories do not add up.
If MAN has been lieing since Adam and Eve, what makes it different this time around. How can you tell me with 100% certainty that the writers did not LIE for their own selfish benefits.

If the Records had fallen from the SKY, fine. We know it didn't. It was compiled by MAN.
MAN lies.
lol. Go and read the bible again. This time objectively. Go and read the records of early believers. Why would they lie? No man in his right senses will see the bible in all its prophecies and deny the fact that it is extra-ordinary.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by 989900: 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2014
phuck_NL:

English is not my first language. You've lost me. Abeg reduce the big words. I'm not joking. I really didn't get your response.

Why is it a cipher. Why should it be hard to understand. Why can't it be easy to understand so everyone makes heaven. Why do we need special people to decipher it? Are we not all equal? Usually when you need specific people to decipher "things" there is a hidden agenda.

Yeah, if maybe one day you'll be objective and willing enough to learn about deciphering the bible...you can...everyone can.
And maybe then you'll understand why it's like a cipher.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? / Deeper Life Lady Lists '20 Facts' About Godly Female Members Of Her Church / Prophet Has Sex With His Church Member's Wife And Threatens To Kill Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.