Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,067 members, 7,863,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:50 AM

The Battered Wife Syndrome? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Battered Wife Syndrome? (3704 Views)

Should She Be Beaten And Battered Or Abandoned To Her Fate / Lamentations Of A Battered Husband / Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by dreeldee: 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
no justification for killing the man, she should be made to face the law, no hiding under the guise of insanity or anything
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by KarmaMod(f): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2008
StephenP:

She's saying they all aren't sane so we should send them to professional centers where they can kill more people.

Lol they'll be too hopped up on Vicodin.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by nubila(f): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2008
HCH3COO:

This woman killed a man in his sleep, while he was harmless.

Harmless while asleep but a ogre while awake. Perfect opportunity to kill the bastard that beats the hell out of you every day.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by KarmaMod(f): 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2008
nubila:

Harmless while asleep but a ogre while awake. Perfect opportunity to kill the bastard that beats the hell out of you every day.

OR she could leave and make him pay alimony for the rest of his life which is a better punishment
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2008
Oka PCmugu, this is not a laughing kind of matter.
I get, but don't see the point of u writing that, I will assume i didn't see it

[qoute]According to trial testimony, on November 9, 1990, Peggy Sue Saiz used a pistol obtained from her boyfriend to shoot her husband, George, four times, killing him. Then, in order to simulate a burglary, Peggy Sue collected items from their home and took them to her mother's house and boyfriend's residence.

Witnesses said that after Peggy Sue shot her husband she went to a bar with her sister. There she met and danced with another man and later the trio went for a late-night snack. After which her sister called 911 from the Saiz home while Peggy Sue faked hysteria in the background.

When police arrived Peggy Sue first told police a burglar had killed her husband. When that story didn't stand up, she admitted shooting her husband but then claimed she was a battered wife and had killed him in self defense.

But, in addition to her infidelity, Peggy Sue had taken out large insurance policies on her husband before killing him.

Dr. Kathy Morall, a forensic psychiatrist, testified during Peggy Sue's trial that the defendant was not suffering from battered woman's syndrome or post traumatic stress disorder at the time she shot her husband.

During the trial Peggy Sue's attorney, Walter Gerash, attempted to call as witnesses two public defenders to challenge Dr. Morall's credibility, but the trial court denied that request. As an aside, it is usually only possible to call attorneys as witnesses under special circumstances, and apparently the defense attorney's request did not meet those conditions under Colorado law.

Peggy Sue Saiz was then sentenced to life in prison for the cold-blooded, premeditated murder of her husband.

Mrs. Saiz's case was appealed all the way to the Colorado Supreme Court and was denied. Then her case was appealed to Federal court. According to the July 23, 2001, edition of the Denver Post (p. 2B) US. District Judge Wiley Daniel granted Mrs. Saiz a new trial based on the trial court's refusal to allow the public defenders to be called as witnesses as to the "character and reputation for truthfulness of government witness Dr. Kathy Morrall."

Mrs. Saiz's second trial was scheduled for January 7, 2002, in Adams County District Court. But according to the Wednesday, July 24, 2002, edition of the Denver Post (p. 3B) the Colorado Court of Appeals upheld her previous conviction, ruling that although the trial court should have allowed the testimony, the error was harmless, and overturned the Federal court ruling requiring a new trial.[quote][/quote]

i don,t see any serious link to wife battering.from my point of view i think the wife is so guilty, forget what i said about breaking point,cuz obliviously this is a planned work.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by HCH3COO: 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2008
nubila:

perfect time to slip out of the house and run away.  perfect time to time him to the bed and inflict your own abuse on him.  but perfect time for murder seems to make the most sense to you, right?
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by nubila(f): 11:07pm On Aug 06, 2008
HCH3COO:

perfect time to slip out of the house and run away. perfect time to time him to the bed and inflict your own abuse on him. but perfect time for murder seems to make the most sense to you, right?

Naw, I doubt she would have lived to see the day he would let her walk away. She would be running for her life everyday of her life. I'm talking about dangerous men here.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by onyinye2(f): 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2008
HCH3COO:

perfect time to slip out of the house and run away.  perfect time to time him to the bed and inflict your own abuse on him.  but perfect time for murder seems to make the most sense to you, right?
You guys don't understand. That is why it is called ABUSE. when you abuse someone, you strip them of their dignity. You terminate their self esteem. You cease their self worth. So you think after being robbed of all this, you can just leave? Oi dey.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by dreeldee: 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2008
nubila:

shocked shocked shocked shocked r u married undecided
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by KarmaMod(f): 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2008
nubila:

Naw, I doubt she would have lived to see the day he would let her walk away. She would be running for her life everyday of her life. I'm talking about dangerous men here.

This is not Nigeria where women dont have any hope.

She could easily get a restraining order. They are plenty of things that can be done. Even mafia wives can escape.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by HCH3COO: 11:11pm On Aug 06, 2008
nubila:

Why do you doubt?  Have you read the whole story?  Do you understand the grounds of the abuse?  No, you just automatically defend her.  You just jump on the bandwagon like a criminal-minded husband killer, deciding murder is the only way to get out of the abuse.  There are authorities she could report to you know?  She could have slippeed out of the house while he was asleep to get help, or to report the case to the police, but no.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by nubila(f): 11:11pm On Aug 06, 2008
dreeldee:

shocked shocked shocked shocked r u married undecided

Nope  grin
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by nubila(f): 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2008
KarmaMod:

This is not Nigeria where women don't have any hope.

She could easily get a restraining order. They are plenty of things that can be done. Even mafia wives can escape.

And what makes you think that the mentality of men change depending on where you live. I don't care how many laws there are to protect people from abuse. IF they gona beat you, they gona beat you.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by onyinye2(f): 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2008
KarmaMod:

This is not Nigeria where women don't have any hope.

It is not easy to get a restraining order an abusive person. I have seen women who have been beaten near death, most have to leave the state. But most can't because they don't have the money or because their abuser stripped them of their family and friends. And the only way you got of the mafia is through a body bag.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by HCH3COO: 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye2:

You guys don't understand. That is why it is called ABUSE. when you abuse someone, you strip them of their dignity. You terminate their self esteem. You cease their self worth. So you think after being robbed of all this, you can just leave? Oi dey.
You can't leave?  You just lay there like a dead dog enjoying the punishment?  Use your senses.  Only a murderer would think death is the lone solution to an abusive relationship.  Sigh! Women are victims of their own minds.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by dreeldee: 11:14pm On Aug 06, 2008
nubila:

Nope grin

phew! thank baba
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by onyinye2(f): 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2008
HCH3COO:

You can't leave?  You just lay there like a dead dog enjoying the punishment?  Use your senses.  Only a murderer would think death is the lone solution to an abusive relationship.  Sigh! Women are victims of their own minds.
Where will she go? Not her friends because her abuser stripped her of that. Not her family because he has pushed them away.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by eldee(m): 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye: You guys don't understand. That is why it is called ABUSE. when you abuse someone, you strip them of their dignity. You terminate their self esteem. You cease their self worth. So you think after being robbed of all this, you can just leave? Oi dey.
If everyone wanted to kill pple that abused them, do you know the world's population would be halved?
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by nubila(f): 11:17pm On Aug 06, 2008
dreeldee:

phew! thank baba

You can say that again.  grin
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by HCH3COO: 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye2:

Where will she go? Not her friends because her abuser stripped her of that. Not her family because he has pushed them away.
Leaving is a better alternative than staying. If she was seriously mistreated her best option would be to flee and report to authorities like I said. Cops have those spousal abuse protection facilities you know. Put her on watch, etc. Don't pretend she has no options. She just didn't want to use them.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by KarmaMod(f): 11:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
You two are just making up lame excuses. I'm the first person to talk against abuse and all but shooting in the sleep is garbage

If it was done while the abuse was happening fine, Im all for it. Infcat I'd probably be her lawyer but anyhing other than that is bullshit

and yes she could leave and as for pushing family away, so what? If she runs back to the family, I highly doubt they'd kick her out. If anything they will thank GOD that she finally woke up.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by onyinye2(f): 11:21pm On Aug 06, 2008
eldee:

If everyone wanted to kill people that abused them, do you know the world's population would be halved?
What im saying is that it is not easy to leave. Most live the rest of their lives with their tamer. Crying every night. Living a life on thin glass. No friends. No family. No nothing. If they are lucky to leave, he might find them.

HCH3COO:

Leaving is a better alternative than staying.  If she was seriously mistreated her best option would be to flee and report to authorities like I said.  Cops have those spousal abuse protection facilities you know.  Put her on watch, etc.  Don't pretend she has no options.  She just didn't want to use them.
Have you ever met a woman who was being abused? guess not.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
The news doesn't even specify that the husband does actually beat her, it says she said she was battered by her husband, obviously she's lying, yet we turning this to a Battle of the Sexes topic.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by dreeldee: 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
nubila:

You can say that again. grin

**sighs** thank Baba tongue tongue cheesy cheesy
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by HCH3COO: 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye2:

Have you ever met a woman who was being abused? guess not.

Keep ignoring what I wrote.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by papadims: 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2008
no matter the provocation, no one has the right to kill another human. she is guilty.

WHY?

cos she did not act in self defence. the guy was asleep for christ sake. anyway the husband deserves what he got.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by onyinye2(f): 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2008
HCH3COO:

Keep ignoring what I wrote.
Didn't ignore. I answered.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by HCH3COO: 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye2:

Didn't ignore. I answered.
How does my meeting with an abused justify the killing?
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by onyinye2(f): 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
HCH3COO:

How does my meeting with an abused justify the killing?
That wasn't your question.

HCH3COO:

Leaving is a better alternative than staying. If she was seriously mistreated her best option would be to flee and report to authorities like I said. Cops have those spousal abuse protection facilities you know. Put her on watch, etc. Don't pretend she has no options. She just didn't want to use them.
This was your question and i answered it.
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by HCH3COO: 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2008
yea u answered with have i ever met a woman. but what does that have to do with . . . .
ur excuse is she's insane, right?
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2008
She should have kept his testicles as a trophy!
Re: The Battered Wife Syndrome? by onyinye2(f): 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2008
HCH3COO:

yea u answered with have i ever met a woman. but what does that have to do with . . . .
your excuse is she's insane, right?
Im not saying it is an excuse. It should be something that is tooken under consideration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Men Don't Find Fat Women Attractive / CAN I DATE TWO SISTERS? / 7 Ways Guys Act When They Have A Crush In Their Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.