Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,992 members, 7,810,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter (132042 Views)

What Basketmouth Just Found In An Airplane / #jadapose - 16-year-old's molest Video Goes Viral On The Internet / No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Daresh(f): 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
I'm so ashamed of most of you here. Someone equated rape to stealing. Do u know almost every woman's nightmare is the fear of rape? i WOULD CHOSE DEATH OVER RAPE. Please no amount of chop and clean mouth can ever justify rape. Rape is not a JOKE. I dont care about his endorsements. Be it far from me to deny a man his bread. But he should find other things to crack jokes about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by scribble: 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
runs girls and boys are the ones crying foul d loudest...

hypocrites
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by eskahy(m): 11:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
[b][/b]e cm b like say d guy tro lighter inside petrol, but dis joke don tey na, awon eyon shaaa winke cm b like say d guy tro lighter inside petrol, but dis joke don tey na, awon eyon shaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by frank043(m): 11:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Nadia_SA1: Aggg its just a harmless joke...

Hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Rewopsdog(m): 11:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
Arinze4eva: Twitter has given a lot of jobless people a medium to show their joblessness. What was so bad about that joke? I've heard worse from foreign comedians

Still wondering why some pipo without a life decide to lambaste dos dt hv tinz goin well for dem. For christ's sake,wot is wronG wif dt joke nw,bunch of haters tryna mak a fuss out of it.Make una go terminate Im contract wit Glo na, idiots!! Mtcheww lipsrsealed
Arinze4eva: Twitter has given a lot of jobless people a medium to show their joblessness. What was so bad about that joke? I've heard worse from foreign comedians

Still wondering why some pipo without a life decide to lambaste dos dt hv tinz goin well for dem. For christ's sake,wot is wronG wif dt joke nw,bunch of haters tryna mak a fuss out of it.Make una go terminate Im contract wit Glo na, idiots!! Mtcheww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dipo1: 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
Daresh: I'm so ashamed of most of you here. Someone equated rape to stealing. Do u know almost every woman's nightmare is the fear of rape? i WOULD CHOSE DEATH OVER RAPE. Please no amount of chop and clean mouth can ever justify rape. Rape is not a JOKE. I dont care about his endorsements. Be it far from me to deny a man his bread. But he should find other things to crack jokes about.

A lot of us are not denying the fact the he erred. But the backlash is a little too much IMO.

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Tonylyte(m): 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
Na dis old joke they want take crucify dis innocent boi? Naija twitters and dia frustration...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dhebor258: 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
boss1310: he should have avoided the word"rape"
instead he should have used non-consentual sex.he was absolutely right cos this happens in most relationship in this part of the world
xo if u b comedian na 'non consentual sex' u go use crack d joke?den go jez stone u bottle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dipo1: 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
Tonylyte: Na dis old joke they want take crucify dis innocent boi? Naija twitters and dia frustration...

As in... And people don't realize the power of Twitter. The fact that it is so viral may the reason Bright loses deals. If he does loose his deals, this same people will say 'he shouldn't have been punished so severely'. My own is enough is enough. The message of disapproval of jokes about molestation has been passed across and Basket mouth has learnt his lesson.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Daresh(f): 12:01am On Jan 06, 2014
Jaerymes: All y'all calling for his contract to be terminated, I hope your brothers and husbands eventually lose their jobs over stupid reasons. bad bellé pipu

Silly reason? Rape is a silly reason? I guess men will never understand the fear of rape.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Daresh(f): 12:04am On Jan 06, 2014
-Mr Cork-:
...LISTEN UP LADIES...IF U CAN not TAKE A JOKE..MY ADVISE....SAVE YOR ENERGY & USE YOR TIME TO FIND A MAN....BASKET MOUTH IS 100 PARSENT RIGHT & BLACK WOMEN R GOLD DIGGA....PIRIOD

...All they do is chop YOR money and don't eeven giv u ordinary punny in return for compensation!
angry

Learn how to spell right first.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dipo1: 12:07am On Jan 06, 2014
Men understand. But men also understand that to err is human
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by tomber(m): 12:08am On Jan 06, 2014
Next time he'll consider well the effect of his jokes.
1. He was comparing white n black girl. Black girls don't give in easily.
2. invariably comparing black and white men: black men on frustration go on raping.
3.on a general note. Women are the cos of rape. rape is somehow justifiable.
so black ladies are gold diggers n the men rapists

Conclusion. It was too expensive. moreover for a celeb like him with his exposure, he shed av knwn that joke wud get such feedback

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by theripper3: 12:18am On Jan 06, 2014
The jester erred and has since apologized. He even wrote a heartfelt letter to those offended by his tactless comment. So can we all go back to the hugging, kissing and fcccccukng sorry love making?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Daresh(f): 12:19am On Jan 06, 2014
tomber: Next time he'll consider well the effect of his jokes.
1. He was comparing white n black girl. Black girls don't give in easily.
2. invariably comparing black and white men: black men on frustration go on raping.
3.on a general note. Women are the cos of rape. rape is somehow justifiable.
so black ladies are gold diggers n the men rapists

Conclusion. It was too expensive. moreover for a celeb like him with his exposure, he shed av knwn that joke wud get such feedback

I agree, he shd have kniwn better.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 06, 2014
Daresh:

Learn how to spell right first.
but u got the message? Kip checking for spelling error maybe one day u wuld hv learnt how to spell "RIGHT" first. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 06, 2014
It's just a joke peeps Pls don't take it serious.......
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 06, 2014
Daresh:

I agree, he shd have kniwn better.
learn how to spell "KNOWN" first! Karma is a b..tch
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 06, 2014
this is why i am not and will never be addicted to twitter... so much joblessness there..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by unmask: 12:35am On Jan 06, 2014
if you are in support of basketmouth but you descended upon Justine Sacco when she made her africa aids joke, then you should get your bleeping hypocritical self checked....... Rubbish....... double standards everywhere
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 12:45am On Jan 06, 2014
Can't even believe some peeps are asking what was wrong with the joke. I;m not one to advocate for the cancellation of his endorsement deals but that joke was so wrong on many levels. So some off you seriously think that everyone would consider it just a joke and would not see it as a dating code of conduct. If the girl no gree after movies, chinese and so on, r.ape her. so, what happens if some guys decide to fast forward the r.ape to 2nd date and it's your sister or daughter he took to the movies or Mr. Biggs? R.ape her abi?

There is nothing to laugh about when it comes to r.ape, period.

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 12:50am On Jan 06, 2014
youngprofdguru: It's just a joke peeps Pls don't take it serious.......

If your close friend looks keenly at your sister (if you have one) and says, "omo this your sister wey just set like Beyonce, walahi I go arrange r.ape am one day" and tells you "guy, I just dey joke" afterwards, would you think it was funny?

I bet your response would be "guy, no dey use that kind thing follow me play o!" Abi, I lie?

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 06, 2014
Well there was a prophecy about negative entertainment going down this year ; this might just be part of it undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 06, 2014
dabossman:

If your close friend looks keenly at your sister (if you have one) and says, "omo this your sister wey just set like Beyonce, walahi I go arrange r.ape am one day" and tells you "guy, I just dey joke" afterwards, would you think it was funny?

I bet your response would be "guy, no dey use that kind thing follow me play o!" Abi, I lie?
oga, by the time u leave ur house tomoro morning, find one cool place under bridge, seat and use paper fan ur sef to cool ur temperature down! Joke na joke! If e too vex u, go carry stone start to dey boil! Abi nau! The ones wey dey talk kill, steal, rob even use God joke, that one no pain u abi? No worry, wait there say make glo terminate contract wit basket mouth, we neva hear Oduah matter finish, na basket mouth matter una wan carry for head so! Dey chop panadol for another person headache ooo! U hear me so? I dey wait ur reply!

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 06, 2014
Nawa o grin this kinda s-hit will never end, they will continue to run their mouth undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 1:14am On Jan 06, 2014
aux409: oga, by the time u leave ur house tomoro morning, find one cool place under bridge, seat and use paper fan ur sef to cool ur temperature down! Joke na joke! If e too vex u, go carry stone start to dey boil! Abi nau! The ones wey dey talk kill, steal, rob even use God joke, that one no pain u abi? No worry, wait there say make glo terminate contract wit basket mouth, we neva hear Oduah matter finish, na basket mouth matter una wan carry for head so! Dey chop panadol for another person headache ooo! U hear me so? I dey wait ur reply!

Can you please show me where I asked that his contract should be terminated? Don't worry, I pray you get gang r.aped by a group of gay guys very soon. Or you think you are safe because you are a guy?

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Polio: 1:17am On Jan 06, 2014
Basket mouth is a dunce!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by sammy187: 1:19am On Jan 06, 2014
If they cant tolerate this joke I think they shouldn't tolorate any joke atall. After this they should try banning comedy grin

Onbehalf of Akpos, disabled people, albinos, stammers, imbeciles, warri people etc the list goes on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 06, 2014
dabossman:

Can you please show me where I asked that his contract should be terminated? Don't worry, I pray you get gang r.aped by a group of gay guys very soon. Or you think you are safe because you are a guy?
patiently waiting for ur fathers dick, I get pepper, curry and thyme to rub on am for am, next... Grilled d..k. U care for? Or wuld u like to come s..k my d..k? Waiting ur reply again! Maggot
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 1:24am On Jan 06, 2014
aux409: patiently waiting for ur fathers dick, I get pepper, curry and thyme to rub on am for am, next... Grilled d..k. U care for? Or wuld u like to come s..k my d..k? Waiting ur reply again! Maggot

Wait o, e be like say you dey vex as you dey spew insults so? I thought you would be laughing now. Na joke me sef they joke now. Or it isn't funny anymore?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:27am On Jan 06, 2014
dabossman:

Wait o, e be like say you dey vex as you dey spew insults so? I thought you would be laughing now. Na joke me sef they joke now. Or it isn't funny anymore?
u no even sure which one e be! Weda na vex or no be vex! Na "e be like say" abi? Wen u done sure say weda my own sef na joke, den u fit go tell my sponsors say make dem terminate my contract!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 06, 2014
dabossman:

Oga, nobody is raping anybody. Its just a harmless joke. No develop high BP on top anoda person matter. Mchew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? / Maryam Booth Reacts To Her Leaked Nude Video, Accuses Deezell, Her Ex Boyfriend / Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.