Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:21 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (315540 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2015
BABE3:

bloddy? how's exposing a scammer bloddy? how's this any different from exposing regular scammers? because it's "almighty coogar"?

smh pickabeau1
Blawdy hell.

Am I dreaming?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
BABE3:

I understand pickabeau1 and thanks for your concern.

I'm not posting any other thing. I'm just proving that he did threaten to post my nudes.

Now for all of you saying he's innocent, why would an innocent person threaten to post my nudes ??

btw, who ever calls me a mumu is right. I was a mumu. I was the perfect mugu. He painstakingly scammed me. but that doesn't justify a crime. He scams people and steal people's credit cards for a living. It took me 3 long years to finally figure it out.
*faints*
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by AprokoMan: 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2015
babe3, now that you're no longer with coogar, can we...u know?

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2015
freecocoa:
Blawdy hell.

Am I dreaming?

Are you surprised?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by BABE3: 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mindfulness:

Babe3,

a woman who gets involved with this sort of a man has some serious issues. You are a mess. I am not judging you because we all have a past and we all have erred at one point or another in our lives but I want you to understand that it would not have happened to you if you were emotionally healthy. You better not get involved in another relationship because you will attract another one like this. Luckily, you two have no kids. Imagine the drama if kids were involved. You really need to figure out what it is that gets you attracted to someone like this before the story repeats itself, which it will, if you don't learn that you deserve better, much better.

I respect that you decided to defend yourself. I wish you lots of strength. I am sure you will help many ladies in a similar situation.

My best wishes.

May this story help the two of you heal.

thank you mindfulness. YES, I was a big mess. You're right about that..... I'm healing though, it's a process but I am.

freecocoa:
Blawdy hell.
Am I dreaming?

No you're not. PM babe.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by freecocoa(f): 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mindfulness:

Are you surprised?
I heard things before now but I mean, you can't just believe all you hear.

I'm actually more suprised babe would bring it here.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by SIRcumalot: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
PietroRico:
If coogar manages to come out of this unscathed, he's probably just innocent, very lucky or really just an extremely intelligent person. ... Watching
I was wondering why nobody dey yan football again till I follow una reach that 1st thread.
I never believe anything I read on nairaland outside a few sections.

Coogar made too many enemies for this websites and he gloats about it too.
He'll sort this stuff out soon.

Coogar,stop running train on everybody over any slight diss. See the result ?

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
Reopened for Matured Male Discussions.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2015
wink
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
Run young man run - Part I

A lot of damage can happen to women – and be embedded when they are young (and sometimes not so young wink) and have unfettered freedom. They may well read this as liberty to do as they please. And, I’m not actually out to question that right in this piece

However, where that liberty is availed of by women with a partially formed, or simply bad character, to make poor choices, or engage in destructive behaviour, I would candidly advise men to avoid choosing such women as spouses.

A young woman may undergo trauma in a number of ways; daddy issues, runs, sugary, being pumped and dumped, used, sexually or physically abused, or defrauded.

In some instances, she will actually believe she’s having a good time, or even “in love”, but in truth, she is damaging herself and being damaged, and as a consequence she will acquire baggage. This she will undoubtedly carry into future relationships. And it will in no way diminish the entitlement she feels to a “high-value” husband.

And then she meets you, and figures she can actualise her desires. She knows to be economical with the truth about her past, adopt a revisionist view of her personal history, re-direct blame for anything that’s evident, and paint a picture of herself as someone you are actually lucky to be with.

She’ll know how to describe her poor choices and waywardness as her being “naïve”, or her destructive behaviour as her being wrongly influenced – by friends, or a man. She’ll play a whole pack of victim cards. Yes, she’ll talk of “healing”, but it’s spin. She is damaged goods.

Dude, you are not buying. You don’t even visit that section of the market. It’s simply too big a risk! It’s too big a risk because if you do, here are some of the things that will possibly happen;

She’ll have romanticised the actual trauma she experienced – she’ll remember the trans-atlantic flights, the swish hotels, the shopping sprees, the meals at fancy restaurants, the happening clubs, and of course the hot sessions. She’ll remember the tingles she used to get from being rebellious, a transgressor and hanging with bad boys.

And she’ll have internalised this “romance” as part of her entitlement and the “expectation” of her husband - without the trauma, what trauma? Yes, from you, the hard working, conscientious – and perhaps relatively dull by comparison - guy who just wants to provide as best he can for his family.

Over time she gets disgruntled, resentment sets in. You are spending a lot of time managing, petting, appeasing, or simply dealing with the wider fallout of her damaged behaviour. Time and energy best spent establishing your home and forging ahead.

It is regressive and costly, you’ll find it tiresome and tedious, a real stressor. The peace every man wants in his home seems far from you. She’s bitter antagonistic, wilfully caustic and spiteful. A right nag.

She’ll consider you not giving in to, or prioritising her desires as maltreatment. But since that word no longer exists, it’s simply the wide-ranging term “abuse”. Her longings and revisionist memories will mean she may never consider anything you do good enough.

Her “tingle-memory” will mean she may never consider you to be the man she truly deserves or desires. It spirals – downwards! She gets more resentful and disgruntled – especially if there are any other pressures on the home, or outside interest in her – she ain’t loyal!

Obviously you are to blame, it’s always the man right? You are not ambitious enough, caring enough, or romantic enough. You don’t fulfil her needs. You are not worthy of your “headship”, you are not “leading” right – after all, she decides that right? She’ll be prone to second-guessing you, undermining you, even disrespecting you. She will meet any challenge to her behaviour out of that same poorly formed, damaged character.

Then, her pack of cards comes out – she’s a victim, it’s your fault. That is, you cheated her, you abuse her – yep, she’s in a “shitty marriage”! She deserves a divorce. And with the campaign to moralise divorce, especially, if you’re in a Western country, she will most likely get one. Even if she doesn’t, she will make your life difficult, if not outright hell.

If you are really unlucky, she’ll use the power of the courts and police to humiliate you, keep you from your children, and possibly label you a paedophile. You’ll likely be labelled a domestic abuser as a matter of course. Many women use the threat of and/or intermittent police action to keep their husbands subdued. Many men cower in their own homes, subject to the capriciousness of a damaged woman who was never wife-grade in the first instance.

I repeat – stay away from damaged goods. You are a man of character. Hopefully God-fearing, hardworking and willing to sacrifice to build a happy and solid family. Don’t cast your pearls before swine. Choose a spouse that is worthy.

You are a man, think strategically, consider your family bloodlines, kinship ties, think of your generations. It’s not just about you, that is why you have to be really considered about her. Be a man of worth and set your expectations high

All the best as you navigate your way towards marriage, make excellent matches and establish your homes.

TV

…don’t forget, it’s always a buyers market

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Run young man run - Part II

I’d also like men to be keenly aware of how individual females and also “the herd mentality of women” will work together to blind men to these very pertinent facts.

Be aware of efforts to white-wash the past, resist slut-shaming, campaign for divorce, sell single-motherhood or divorce as of no consequence (or outright good), Be aware of advice that sells immorality, or justifies any action based on “feelings”.

The notion or claim of “love” is often used as a justification for any action, or excuse for any wrong-doing. It’s literally been endued with a moral righteousness in and of itself.

Note the kind of advice that counsels women to be economical with the truth, or simply lie about their pasts. Also beware tropes such as “what happened in the past is past”, or supremely annoyingly “it’s none of your business”.

All of this you will see repeatedly here on NL. A theme repeated across threads and from posters many look up to. If her future is your business, her past certainly is.

Query advise that tries to sell the result of destructive behaviour, of poor life choices as something one needs “heal from” – did she pick up a virus of get hit by a car? Bad choices were made based on character – and if the character was not properly formed, then one must question if that kind of empowerment is good? In any event, the consequences are damaging.

It’s not healing that’s required, it’s a character overhaul. And yes, there are some people who can achieve this via self-will, but they are very few. It first requires acknowledging, and then real effort to overcome.

Many women would rather just lie to themselves and everyone else about who and what they really are, and re-direct fault for the cause of their woes and trauma.

So here’s a caveat, as a Christian, I believe in redemption – people can change, but only the grace of God can bring about a lasting change of nature and true healing. Not just to mask, or forcibly resist destructive behaviour – which will ultimately reveal itself or manifest in other ways - but actually hate or have no desire to engage in it, and be free from it’s echo.

IFF you are sure a woman has been truly redeemed, should you consider her as spouse. And note, not only will she be honest about her past, she will be rightly acknowledge it as something she sees as wrong, and clear about how she intends to live in future. If you are not God-fearing, and looking to Him as you seek a spouse, OYO.

I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat it here; most women would be better served by staying under parental authority (especially their father’) until they get married. Especially in this age where the temptations are myriad and liberty can come at a relatively early age - before character is fully formed. In an era when everything is fluid, morality is relative and the pressure can be tremendous.

TV

...if you wouldn't accept a bruised piece of fruit, why settle for a damaged wife?

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
damn.... deep

TV01:
A lot of damage can happen to women – and be embedded when they are young (and sometimes not so young wink) and have unfettered freedom. They may well read this as liberty to do as they please. And, I’m not actually out to question that right in this piece
However, where that liberty is availed of by women of with a partially formed, or simply bad character, to make poor choices, or engage in destructive behaviour, I would candidly advise men to avoid choosing such women as spouses.
A young woman may undergo trauma in a number of ways; daddy issues, runs, sugary, being pumped and dumped, used, sexually or physically abused, or defrauded.
In some instances, she will actually believe she’s having a good time, or even “in love”, but in truth, she is damaging herself and being damaged, and as a consequence she will acquire baggage. This she will undoubtedly carry into future relationships. And it will in no way diminish the entitlement she feels to a “high-value” husband.
And then she meets you, and figures she can actualise her desires. She knows to be economical with the truth about her past, adopt a revisionist view of her personal history, re-direct blame for anything that’s evident, and paint a picture of herself as someone you are actually lucky to be with.
She’ll know how to describe her poor choices and waywardness as her being “naïve”, or her destructive behaviour as her being wrongly influenced – by friends, or a man. She’ll play a whole pack of victim cards. Yes, she’ll talk of “healing”, but it’s spin. She is damaged goods.
Dude, you are not buying. You don’t even visit that section of the market. It’s simply too big a risk! It’s too big a risk because if you do, here are some of the things that will possibly happen;
She’ll have romanticised the actual trauma she experienced – she’ll remember the trans-atlantic flights, the swish hotels, the shopping sprees, the meals at fancy restaurants, the happening clubs, and of course the hot sessions. She’ll remember the tingles she used to get from being rebellious, a transgressor and hanging with bad boys.
And she’ll have internalised this “romance” as part of her entitlement and the “expectation” of her husband - without the trauma, what trauma? Yes, from you, the hard working, conscientious – and perhaps relatively dull by comparison - guy who just wants to provide as best he can for his family.
Over time she gets disgruntled, resentment sets in. You are spending a lot of time managing, petting, appeasing, or simply dealing with the wider fallout of her damaged behaviour. Time and energy best spent establishing your home and forging ahead.
It is regressive and costly, you’ll find it tiresome and tedious, a real stressor. The peace every man wants in his home seems far from you. She’s bitter antagonistic, wilfully caustic and spiteful. A right nag.
She’ll consider you not giving in to, or prioritising her desires as maltreatment. But since that word no longer exists, it’s simply the wide-ranging term “abuse”. Her longings and revisionist memories will mean she may never consider anything you do good enough.
Her “tingle-memory” will mean she may never consider you to be the man she truly deserves or desires. It spirals – downwards! She gets more resentful and disgruntled – especially if there are any other pressures on the home, or outside interest in her – she ain’t loyal!
Obviously you are to blame, it’s always the man right? You are not ambitious enough, caring enough, or romantic enough. You don’t fulfil her needs. You are not worthy of your “headship”, you are not “leading” right – after all, she decides that right? She’ll be prone to second-guessing you, undermining you, even disrespecting you. She will meet any challenge to her behaviour out of that same poorly formed, damaged character.
Then, her pack of cards comes out – she’s a victim, it’s your fault. That is, you cheated her, you abuse her – yep, she’s in a “shitty marriage”! She deserves a divorce. And with the campaign to moralise divorce, especially, if you’re in a Western country, she will most likely get one. Even if she doesn’t, she will make your life difficult, if not outright hell.
If you are really unlucky, she’ll use the power of the courts and police to humiliate you, keep you from your children, and possibly label you a paedophile. You’ll likely be labelled a domestic abuser as a matter of course. Many women use the threat of and/or intermittent police action to keep their husbands subdued. Many men cower in their own homes, subject to the capriciousness of a damaged woman who was never wife-grade in the first instance.
I repeat – stay away from damaged goods. You are a man of character. Hopefully God-fearing, hardworking and willing to sacrifice to build a happy and solid family. Don’t cast your pearls before swine. Choose a spouse that is worthy.
You are a man, think strategically, consider your family bloodlines, kinship ties, think of your generations. It’s not just about you, that is why you have to be really considered about her. Be a man of worth and set your expectations high
All the best as you navigate your way towards marriage, make excellent matches and establish your homes.
TV
TV01:
I’d also like men to be keenly aware of how individual females and also “the herd mentality of women” will work together to blind men to these very pertinent facts.
Be aware of efforts to white-wash the past, resist slut-shaming, campaign for divorce, sell single-motherhood or divorce as of no consequence (or outright good), Be aware of advice that sells immorality, or justifies any action based on “feelings”.
The notion or claim of “love” is often used as a justification for any action, or excuse for any wrong-doing. It’s literally been endued with a moral righteousness in and of itself.
Note the kind of advice that counsels women to be economical with the truth, or simply lie about their pasts. Also beware tropes such as “what happened in the past is past”, or supremely annoyingly “it’s none of your business”.
All of this you will see repeatedly here on NL. A theme repeated across threads and from posters many look up to. If her future is your business, her past certainly is.
Query advise that tries to sell the result of destructive behaviour, of poor life choices as something one needs “heal from” – did she pick up a virus of get hit by a car? Bad choices were made based on character – and if the character was not properly formed, then one must question if that kind of empowerment is good? In any event, the consequences are damaging.
It’s not healing that’s required, it’s a character overhaul. And yes, there are some people who can achieve this via self-will, but they are very few. It first requires acknowledging, and then real effort to overcome.
Many women would rather just lie to themselves and everyone else about who and what they really are, and re-direct fault for the cause of their woes and trauma.
So here’s a caveat, as a Christian, I believe in redemption – people can change, but only the grace of God can bring about a lasting change of nature and true healing. Not just to mask, or forcibly resist destructive behaviour – which will ultimately reveal itself or manifest in other ways - but actually hate or have no desire to engage in it, and be free from it’s echo.
IFF you are sure a woman has been truly redeemed, should you consider her as spouse. And note, not only will she be honest about her past, she will be rightly acknowledge it as something she sees as wrong, and clear about how she intends to live in future. If you are not God-fearing, and looking to Him as you seek a spouse, OYO.
I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat it here; most women would be better served by staying under parental authority (especially their father’) until they get married. Especially in this age where the temptations are myriad and liberty can come at a relatively early age - before character is fully formed. In an era when everything is fluid, morality is relative and the pressure can be tremendous.
TV
...if you wouldn't accept a bruised piece of fruit, why settle for a damaged wife?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Run young man run - Part III

Some signs too look out for;

• Secretive
• Hardened demeanour (cold persona, shifty eyes) - outbursts of bitterness or vitriol (which she may try to control/hide)
• Prone to lying, may border on the pathological. Fantasises, maybe prone to delusion.
• Unabashed, unblushing shamelessness
• Sex - will typically be used to draw you in and/or manipulate you. Sex, affection, kindness may be very much "monetized"
• No respect or recourse to their own parents or wider family. Check her respect levels at home.
• Maybe estranged from one or more of her family.
• Inexplicable gaps in personal history - grey areas she doesn't like to discuss
• Unduly immodest, uses flirtation as a tool
• Expensive tastes, usually not commensurate with earning or earning history
• No real friends, at least of high repute. People close may be weak, or ones she’s using for cover.
• Tries to force the situation (towards marriage) – although that’s most desperate women grin!
• Talks about scams with no real sense of unease – maybe even respectfully
• Reviles people a lot and is always quick to expose secrets or highlight others shady pasts, flaws
• Victim mentality when challenged about behaviours or past
• Will be overly felicitous to your family/circle beforehand, then cut them off afterwards
• Credit is bad, credit history is poor, maybe debt laden (other than student debt, mortgage etc.)
• May try and hide in church, but will know the form, not the real essence – no real depth! But possibly quite "religious"
• Will also gravitate towards the “power or influence” in church” – will class herself.
• Even if she works in church, will not really serve – part of making herself high-profile. Maybe a "Pastor lover".
• Watch for health issues, scarring from self-mutilation, medication for STI or abortion after effects, soft or hard dependencies

TV

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
I like this part

The man gets the trauma but no tantalizing..

Over time she gets disgruntled, resentment sets in. You are spending a lot of time managing, petting, appeasing, or simply dealing with the wider fallout of her damaged behaviour. Time and energy best spent establishing your home and forging ahead

Bros this is a well detailed dossier
I hope guys can learn from this

See experience talking grin

TV01:
Run young man run - Part III
Some signs too look out for;
• Secretive
• Hardened demeanour (cold persona, shifty eyes)
• Unabashed, unblushing shamelessness
• No respect or recourse to their own parents or wider family.
• Unexplicable gaps in personal history - gray areas she doesn't like to explore
• Unduly immodest, uses flirtation as a tool
• Expensive tastes, usually not commensurate with earning or earning history
• No real friends, at least of high repute, people close may be weak ones she’s using or cover.
• Tries to force the situation (towards marriage) – although that’s most desperate women grin!
• Talks about scams with no real sense of unease – maybe even respectfully
• Reviles people a lot and is always quick to expose secrets or highlight others shady pasts, flaws
• Victim mentality when challenged about behaviours or past
• Will be overly felicitous to your family/circle beforehand, then cut them off afterwards
• Credit is bad, credit history is poor, maybe debt laden (other than student debt, mortgage etc.)
• May try and hide in church, but will know the form, not the real essence – no real depth!
• Will also gravitate towards the “power or influence” in church” – will class herself.
• Even if she works in church, will not really serve – part of making herself high-profile
TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nihilist: 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
TV01:

TV

Your entire submission is based on that particular fallacious line.

Have you always made the right choice in life?

Are you guaranteed to make the right choices for the rest of your life?

If your answer to both questions is No, then can we conclude that you suffer from a permanent character deficiency?

4 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nihilist

Making a bad choice or two is miles different from making a string of consistent bad choices

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpiah2: 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
Envy has eaten tv01 so deeply, he cant post without bitterness.

he's so desperate you can just smell it.

one would think the consequences for his not doing this, are deadly for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nihilist: 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
pickabeau1:
Nihilist

Making a bad choice or two is miles different from making a string of consistent bad choices

In what context?

What is a bad life choice and what were the other options? Who gets to determine what a bad choice is? You? or the Decision maker?

What if the 'bad choice(s)' was actually the best option when faced with a 'bum hand'?

Hastily concluding that a character deficiency is the cause of bad choices in whatever sequence is not just wrong, it is utterly illogical...

4 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nihilist:

In what context?

What is a bad life choice and what were the other options? Who gets to determine what a bad choice is? You? or the Decision maker?

What if the 'bad choice(s)' was actually the best option when faced with a 'bum hand'?

Hastily concluding that a character deficiency is the cause of bad choices in whatever sequence is just not wrong, it is utterly illogical...

hehehehehe.. now this is funny

This attempt at deconstructionism is funny

Are u emo? grin

Anyway I am not ready for a philosophy debate

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nihilist: 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

hehehehehe.. now this is funny

This attempt at deconstructionism is funny

Are u emo? grin

Anyway I am not ready for a philosophy debate

This is not 'deconstructionism' as you put it. It's just common sense.

There are so many factors that influence decision making, that a statement like 'bad decision making is based on character' or it's qualifier 'Making a bad choice or two is miles different from making a string of consistent bad choices' seems like an exercise in absurdity.

Now let me ask you, can YOU quantify the amount of bad decisions you've made in your life so far? If you've made more than 2, then you have a character deficiency.

quod erat demonstradum

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nihilist

The first indicator of the quality of decisions is the consequence and whether it was an intended one

If you are now saying that does not matter or that nothing really matters... good for you

That message was for guys to be careful of women who intend to reinvent themselves after years of liberty and licentiousness without any inward or real change

It is clear and to debate some philosophy which will not change the impact the PTSD 'd women will inflict on the men.

Simples

8 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nihilist: 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
pickabeau1:
Nihilist

The first indicator of the quality of decisions is the consequence and whether it was an intended one

And the consequence of the decision is always apparent BEFORE the decision is made? If you step outside your door today, and a stray bullet comes from nowhere and takes you out, does that imply a character deficiency because you did not allow for stray bullets when considering leaving your house?

A bad decision is only ever recognized in hindsight. Due to our human instinct for self-preservation, we ALWAYS take what appears to the best option based on our feedback mechanisms at that particular time. It is only after gbege happens that we realise 'maybe we shouldn't have done that'

If you are now saying that does not matter or that nothing really matters... good for you

I'm not sure how you've managed to get to this conclusion from my post. All i have done is challenge the fallacious statement that is 'bad decision making is based on character'. That is clearly and patently untrue
That message was for guys to be careful of women who intend to reinvent themselves after years of liberty and licentiousness without any inward or real change

It is clear and to debate some philosophy which will not change the impact the PTSD 'd women will inflict on the men

The message is very clear and in my opinion a very good piece of advice. The premise however, is very wrong

Simples

Are you a meerkat cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nihilist:

And the consequence of the decision is always apparent BEFORE the decision is made? If you step outside your door today, and a stray bullet comes from nowhere and takes you out, does that imply a character deficiency because you did not allow for stray bullets when considering leaving your house?

The deviation of the consequence from the intended.. that was my post

If I step outside a door into a warzone... that is different from being the victim of a stray bullet

Note however one can never grasp all potential consequences.. its like a multiverse

A bad decision is only ever recognized in hindsight. Due to our human instinct for self-preservation, we ALWAYS take what appears to the best option based on our feedback mechanisms at that particular time. It is only after gbege happens that we realise 'maybe we shouldn't have done that'
I agree

I'm not sure how you've managed to get to this conclusion from my post. All i have done is challenge the fallacious statement that is 'bad decision making is based on character'. That is clearly and patently untrue

The message is very clear and in my opinion a very good piece of advice. The premise however, is very wrong

Are you a meerkat cheesy

LOL... Good we agree on the meat of the post then

Pity it may seem inspired by the current ongoings in the cyberverse but not so

the ongoings are a confirmation of stuff we see and once in a while converse here

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
TV01:

However, where that liberty is availed of by women with a partially formed, or simply bad character, to make poor choices, or engage in destructive behaviour, I would candidly advise men to avoid choosing such women as spouses.

TV

In all humility i wish I could write like you.
Well said.

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

Bros this is a well detailed dossier
I hope guys can learn from this

See experience talking grin

5minsmadness:

In all humility i wish I could write like you.
Well said.

...cheers guys

TV

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nihilist:
Your entire submission is based on that particular fallacious line.
Moral choices are an outworking of ones maturity, world-view and character. I am not discussing mistakes such as right first, instead of left first, whilst air kissing, or any choice that is devoid of moral value or outcome, like decisions such as what to breakfast on grin.

Further, when moral choices are in view, it is almost always certain to know of the potential outcome. And even where one is uncertain, the a priori understanding that the choice is morally suspect should be enough to caution restraint - my premise stands.

Nihilist:
Have you always made the right choice in life?
That is not the point. In as much as I have had to make moral choices, I have the moral framework to know if such choices are right or wrong, and the character to act based on that framework.

Nihilist:
Are you guaranteed to make the right choices for the rest of your life?
As above

Nihilist:
If your answer to both questions is No, then can we conclude that you suffer from a permanent character deficiency?
If it was - with regarsd to moral choices - then you certainly could.

Nihilist:
Hastily concluding that a character deficiency is the cause of bad choices in whatever sequence is not just wrong, it is utterly illogical...
In the context and dynamic of which we are discussing it is not.

Nihilist:
And the consequence of the decision is always apparent BEFORE the decision is made? A bad decision is only ever recognized in hindsight.
It doesn't have to be - even though it often is - where it is a question of morality.

Nihilist:
The message is clear, good and well premised. Your opinion is just that - for what it is worth. Your inference is what is at fault.

Given the history of this thread, my posting themes on it, and not least the specific nature of the male/female dynamic, the context shouldn't have been overly difficult to discern. For the benefit of those reading, to deny muster to those who may try and discredit the message, and to give you this one time benefit of the doubt. I've responded.

In future, feel free to query the premise first, before declaring it fallacious, it would save everyone time and effort.

TV

5 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nihilist: 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
Yawn

Nowhere in the post I quoted is the issue of morality posted. Nowhere is the premise of 'bad choice' contextualised in that post against the backdrop of morality.

Your assumption that I would be familiar with your post patterns and history, and thus your moral standpoint is symptomatic of the same faulty logic that led you to declare that 'bad choices are based on character'

Even ignoring the utter subjectivity of morality due to disparate cultures, ideologies, and codes of conducts all over the world, you still fail to acknowledge the simple truth: A 'moral' choice as with any other choice is always the consequence of feedback mechanisms available to the decision maker.

These feedback mechanisms are subject to the environment in which the decision maker finds himself.

E.g a homeless man with no income and no food steals some food to feed his baby. Morally, stealing is wrong, yet the man must feed his child. Is he then deficient in character for doing what he must to ensure the survival of his child?

Your failure to consider the extenuating circumstances as a major factor during any kind of decision-making is what makes your premise faulty and illogical, and no amount of cherry picking from my posts can mask that.

I will ask you again, this time within the dubious context of morality. Have you always made the 'right' moral choice according to your own sense of morality?

And are you guaranteed to always make the right 'moral' choice in future?

If you answered No to either question, by your own definition you are deficient in character.

7 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nihilist:
Yawn

Nowhere in the post I quoted is the issue of morality posted. Nowhere is the premise of 'bad choice' contextualised in that post against the backdrop of morality.
My initial response wasn't because I really thought you made a point worthy of a reply. Your subsequent post after my clarification - which shouldn't really have been required - just bears that out.

We all have our constituencies and I wouldn't actually consider you someone the post was aimed at, especially given your rejection of any form of morality or religion.

It does beg the question though, why have you been haranguing coogar over 6 odd days, multiple threads and countless hours if that's your position? Please consider that rhetorically.

TV

4 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nihilist: 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
TV01:

My initial response wasn't because I really thought you made a point worthy of a reply. Your subsequent post after my clarification - which shouldn't really have been required - just bears that out.

We all have our constituencies and I wouldn't actually consider you someone the post was aimed at, especially given your rejection of any form of morality or religion.

It does beg the question though, why have you been haranguing coogar over 6 odd days, multiple threads and countless hours if that's your position? Please consider that rhetorically.

TV

What the flipping heck?

How is this related to the statement 'Bad choices are based on character'?

Nevermind strawman, you're looking like you're constructing an entire straw battalion...

If you can infer from my username, that I actually reject all forms of morality and religion, then it follows that one could infere that you are sentient Television who has somehow gained access to the Internet to engage in a particularly nauseaous brand of moral posturing.

I'm done with this. Goodnight 'TV'

5 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by mickey45: 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
coogar:

oil/gas is not competitive, nigerians just head into it with a flawed résumé.

any other career options depend on which discipline, the qualifications or certifications, etc.

Please expantiate
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by mickey45: 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2015

Guy, the truth is that you just need to try. You say you love staying indoors. It is difficult to improve your social life by staying indoors. You need to go out more. Attend office event, friend's birthdays, weddings, etc. From there, you will meet more people and they will invite you to more functins. You start gradually and begin to feel more comfortable.

Most guys conversation center on Sports, Politics and Business. If you are comfortable discussing those three, you should be fine. If you do not already support a team, I will recommend Chelsea FC. They have the best coach in the world and are positioned to win lots of trophy.

Arsenal never wins anything and Liverpool will talk about 25 years ago. Man Utd will never win again and Man City is in transition. So my guy, I recommend Chelsea FC if you are not one of us already.

You still support Chelsea?

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.