Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,583 members, 7,847,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:47 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (306828 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
ihedinobi2:

@bold, you saw it too?

Exactly the same thing with me. I'm ALWAYS hesitant about Indian movies. So cheesy. But that one blew me away when I finally gave it a chance. The thing so inspired me.
Watch(oh, I've forgotten d name)this Indian movie where a small boy who is autistic was sent to school.
U will cry. Hope somebody provides d name here. These people know how to make life touching and inspiring movies.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
cococandy:

Sharrap grin

many women have been in your shoes, they all adapted in the end. if you don't buy it for personal use, you would buy for loved ones. stop converting everything to naira - the minimum wage wherever you are is different from that in naija. grin

And coogar:
If your lady says to you " honey I like this but I prefer if you ask me next time before any surprise gifts", would you feel like a terrible gift giver? Or unappreciated?

i would feel unappreciated. grin
chances are she won't get nada from me again. she doesn't get to choose the gifts....i do. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
Netotse I know I will probably get something I like if I say I like it but that's like during casual shopping.

How about seasonal gifts? When gifts are supposed to be a surprise and you open it to see something men like more.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
Coogar you're not helping matters. At all angry
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
Moca merry Xmas and happy new year in advance. kiss
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ihedinobi2: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
moca:

Watch(oh, I've forgotten d name)this Indian movie where a small boy who is autistic was sent to school.
U will cry. Hope somebody provides d name here. These people know how to make life touching and inspiring movies.
Sounds interesting. I find many of their movies quite cheesy. 3 Idiots was a real surprise. I also liked Slumdog Millionaire. I hope this autistic kid movie will be at least as good.

@cococandy, I don't know that I'd like to hear that my gift isn't what you want but I'm sure that I'll hate consistently getting you stuff you don't want. So I'll hope you do tell me if you don't like my gift. It's quite up to you to figure out how to do it without sounding like I'm a douche or an inattentive lover.

And I note what you say you like for surprise gifts not for casual stuff. I would get you stuff like that for your birthday. For christmas. Valentine. New Year.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
cococandy:

I don't mind expensive stuff . I just don't like it when they are masculine. Makes me look at it and wonder how many prettier feminine stuff I could have got with the money spent on it and I begin to dislike it a little.

I think sometimes you should ask your babe if she really likes the stuff you get her as surprise gifts. You may be surprised at her response.

make a list of what to buy yourself for christmas on a piece of paper. stick it on your mirror & hope he reads it. that's a subtle way of letting him know your needs.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ihedinobi, u will love that film.
Chei, let me scan for d name.

That is my best film for far in this world.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ihedinobi2: 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
cococandy:
that's what I was hoping you guys could help out with. You know? Understanding yourselves as men. You can tell me how to not bruise an ego.
If it was me I'd like you to just out with what you would have prefered. With an appreciative context. I tend to like openness and playfulness.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
coogar:

make a list of what to buy yourself for christmas on a piece of paper. stick it on your mirror & hope he reads it. that's a subtle way of letting him know your needs.
ihedinobi2:

If it was me I'd like you to just out with what you would have prefered. With an appreciative context. I tend to like openness and playfulness.

Will try number one next time. If it doesn't work will try number 2.
Thanks
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
Aahaa!
I don get am!

Oya, Ihedinobi, watch and tell me how far.
'like stars on earth'
Make sure u watch it oh!

Cocobaby, d same to u darling kiss
I can see so much lv in d air! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
netotse:

Bros...before you begin dey toast babe for here you gats wet ground first na...shuooooo!

modified*

Seen the picture and ... nna men...the babe in that pic really garrit
Lmao
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
@madam Jamie Bond tongue
This is what might happen, a man might see someone using earphones to listen to stuff and he thinks "how can I make the experience better for her?"...next thing you know...high quality earphones. To him that's the ultimate expression of love, he has paid attention to you and sought out ways to make things easier/better. we then would want you to say "o honey I love you, how did you know just what I need?" Of course it doesn't always turn out well. Hopefully understanding how we make such weird choices would help. grin cheesy

I speak from experience when I tell you a lot of men HATE the mental anguish that goes with choosing a gift for a female (yes it's painful even when said female is your SO. only diff is you can't say what the h*ll and not get any gift).

what men would prefer is the female letting something slip during a conversation and then we start scheming to get it...that way, you have the element of surprise and also appreciation/admiration.

P.S. It also works both ways, that shirt the missus bought? sure it looks good on me BUT who cares? I have enough shirts already...I dont need a new one.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
^^^^^ thank you.

Lol@jamie bond cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2014
ihedinobi2:

@bold, you saw it too?

Exactly the same thing with me. I'm ALWAYS hesitant about Indian movies. So cheesy. But that one blew me away when I finally gave it a chance. The thing so inspired me.

One of the most touching part is the guy that gave up on the verge of his breakthrough, the suicide guy.

It is to show that no matter what, never allow the expectations of others control your life. He never wanted to disappoint his village folks...

Men, that director is a mafia... cheesy cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia2005: 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
for your great gift ideas, check here:

http://swishideas.com/
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia2005: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ihedinobi2: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
bellong:

One of the most touching part is the guy that gave up on the verge of his breakthrough, the suicide guy.

It is to show that no matter what, never allow the expectations of others control your life. He never wanted to disappoint his village folks...

Men, that director is a mafia... cheesy cheesy
Bro! No be sat you talk! The director madt! Lol.

Yes that was one of the most emotive parts. I really hate that. It's why I push at everything until I've exhausted every possibility and it doesn't work.

@moca/ypp/yellowpawpaw, "Like Stars On Earth". Got it. smiley I'll find it.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
tpia2005:

here's another, sweetie:

http://www.mydestination.com/nigeria/shopping/314990/souvenirs-and-gifts

lots of lovely gifts

is this your tactics to cajole me to get you some christmas gifts? cheesy grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Bro! No be sat you talk! The director madt! Lol.

Yes that was one of the most emotive parts. I really hate that. It's why I push at everything until I've exhausted every possibility and it doesn't work.

@moca/ypp/yellowpawpaw, "Like Stars On Earth". Got it. smiley I'll find it.

I just found out that I have " Like stars on Earth" on my system.
It is one of those numerous movies I have on the system that I have refused to watch. Will definitely try to see it tonight.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Mutaino7(m): 1:41am On Dec 30, 2014
bellong:

It is one of those numerous movies I have on the system that I have refused to watch. Will definitely try to see it tonight.

try and watch shahrukh khan film titled devdas.. Nah d most romantic film wey fit change happy face to soldier face.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:16am On Dec 30, 2014
Mutaino7:
try and watch shahrukh khan film titled devdas.. Nah d most romantic film wey fit change happy face to soldier face.

Romance

Pukes
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ihedinobi2: 6:52am On Dec 30, 2014
bellong:

So was it any good? Me I want fourth opinion sef before I take that kain risk. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ihedinobi2: 6:53am On Dec 30, 2014
pickabeau1:

Romance

Pukes
grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:59am On Dec 30, 2014
ihedinobi2:

grin grin

Nah bro
When u say. Indian film...it is synonymous with something
We r trying to sieve the wheat. From. Chaff

And he suggests a romance?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Mutaino7(m): 8:15am On Dec 30, 2014
pickabeau1:

Nah bro
When u say. Indian film...it is synonymous with something
We r trying to sieve the wheat. From. Chaff

And he suggests a romance?
its quiet different 4rm d normal stereotypes.. I think it was named among the top 10
films u av 2 watch.. D film was wat nick named S.R.K king basshan a.k.a king of romance.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:42am On Dec 30, 2014
Mutaino7:
its quiet different 4rm d normal stereotypes.. I think it was named among the top 10
films u av 2 watch.. D film was wat nick named S.R.K king basshan a.k.a king of romance.

Does it not contain dancing
I can only manage 3 idiots because ofits nerdy theme

What's this one about
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 9:40am On Dec 30, 2014
Indian movies can be very nice with deep lessons bar the singing and dancing. The only ones I've seen in a long while is 3 Idiots and Slumdog Millionaire.

I'm OK with Hollywood. someone should please tell me they've seen The Equalizer embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.