Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,033 members, 7,953,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? (26320 Views)

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by kudoxs(m): 11:17am On Jun 29, 2014
Young Da Naval: At My Age, I Don't Comment On Uselex Post!
u just did! Hypocrite!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by saintneo(m): 11:18am On Jun 29, 2014
Idrismusty97: You have completely deflected from the topic. Weren't you once speaking about the 7th commandments(Adultery) so i gave you examples on how Solomon broke it. Solomon has more concubines than wives and according to the Hebrew definition of concubines it means he have sex all of them(Or most of them). They are not his wives, isn't that what adultery is? Sex isn't evil, nobody is saying it is evil. That doesn't means you can jump in bed with anything you see in skirts.

I agree I deflected a bit. Solomon didn't break the law. The wikipedia page referenced stated that the only difference between a wife and concubine is dowry(marriage contract). Adultery is sleeping with a married woman(that is not your wife), it is not sleeping with another woman(an unmarried woman).
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by akpabana: 11:22am On Jun 29, 2014
Why will preachers preach from songs of solomon when guys and ladies are already practicing the intimacy part of the book even when is not being preached, what happens if is being preached? ............
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:28am On Jun 29, 2014
kudoxs: u just did! Hypocrite!
Your Papa!!
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by kudoxs(m): 11:30am On Jun 29, 2014
Young Da Naval: Your Papa!!
@ this your age, the best thing you can do is to insult someone's papa

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Rexnegro(m): 11:31am On Jun 29, 2014
wunmite90: Y do u love posting things like this on Sunday?

Ask Google
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Ironi: 11:33am On Jun 29, 2014
Man make your wife happy, know her needs of joy and lay her down and taketh her from behind. 2: 15. tongue
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by tintingz(m): 11:35am On Jun 29, 2014
Macelliot:
You are the dumbest guy I have ever seen.
No wonder, You are an almajiri...
Open ur eyes well well.
Song of Songs 5:16 - His mouth is sweetness itself. He is desirable in every way. Such, 0 women of Jerusalem, is my lover, my friend
Can you see ur lies... Lies you copied from www.Answering-christianity.com which is the highest site with fallacies, fabrications and delusion.
No wonder, Taqiyya(holy lies) has dominated ur medula oblongata and cerebelum.
Point out where Solomon songs mentione Muhammed.
I don't blame you..... I blame Taqiyya(holy lies)....
On the day of Judgement, Jesus Christ the messiah and saviour that u people rejected will be the Chief corner-stone. He will rule as king in Paradise and not like ur taqiyya 72 virgins and everlasting sex....
An Anti-CHRIST is one who denies the FATHER and the SON.
Shine ur Eyes...

You guys actually focused on English translation of the bible not the original text of the bible which is Hebrew.

Songs 5:16 His mouth [is] most sweet: yes, he [is] altogether lovely, This [is] my beloved, and this [is] my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

In Hebrew text : "Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

There is no taqiyya in these, it is what is wriiten in the bible. Do you even know what "taqiyya" means?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by kudoxs(m): 11:36am On Jun 29, 2014
Ironi: Man make your wife happy, know her needs of joy and lay her down and taketh her from behind. 2: 15. tongue
taketh her from behind? U mean do.ggy style? OMG!
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:40am On Jun 29, 2014
saintneo:

I agree I deflected a bit. Solomon didn't break the law. The wikipedia page referenced stated that the only difference between a wife and concubine is dowry(marriage contract). Adultery is sleeping with a married woman(that is not your wife), it is not sleeping with another woman(an unmarried woman).
In essence you are saying Solomon didn't break the law of Fornication. It is very Ok for Christians to have intercourse with someone they are engage to or someone they wish to marry. No wonder all i see in movies and musics is sex, no wonder teenagers and single people are openly narrating their sex experience in the romance section and still called themselves Christians without shame. Since fornication is no longer a sin it should be scrapped out of the bible then. After all man can modify the Bible as he pleases. Catholics has theirs anyway...Is this what you are trying to say?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by okeqq(m): 11:40am On Jun 29, 2014
Songs of solomon! Hnmn
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by kudoxs(m): 11:40am On Jun 29, 2014
56 guests viewing this topic, chai! Many of them are People that were swept away by the erosion of nairaland.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Tholuwaniey(m): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2014
proo212: They avoid it because Mohammed is mentioned in Songs 5:16...

grin grin

that's Jesus Christ.... puke!! your abderian way of intepreting our holy book is scary.. you always wanna find the solace and equality. which you'll never get cos your religion is a religion of Blood shed!
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 29, 2014
Chi59: I made FP!

@Topic, this book is a shadow of Christ's love for the church. It should be taken figuratively, and not literarily.
The problem is many shallow christians are fond of misinterpreting this lovely book.

So, Solomon just had to mention br.easts and love making to show Christ's love for the church?
Doesn't add up
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Neddyogu(m): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2014

grin grin
abeg wetin u smoke?
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 29, 2014
Idrismusty97: In essence you are saying Solomon didn't break the law of Fornication. It is very Ok for Christians to have intercourse with someone they are engage to or someone they wish to marry. No wonder all i see in movies and musics is sex, no wonder teenagers and single people are openly narrating their sex experience in the romance section and still called themselves Christians without shame. Since fornication is no longer a sin it should be scrapped out of the 10 commandments then. After all man can modify the Bible as he pleases. Catholics has theirs anyway...Is this what you are trying to say?

Catholic bible is just a more complete version of the common bible we know.
Just, that it has extra 7 books in its old testament
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
tintingz: You guys actually focused on English translation of the bible not the original text of the bible which is Hebrew.

Songs 5:16 His mouth [is] most sweet: yes, he [is] altogether lovely, This [is] my beloved, and this [is] my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

In Hebrew text : "Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

There is no taqiyya in these, it is what is wriiten in the bible. Do you even know what "taqiyya" means?
. No no no, you got it wrong, the word "muhammadim", in hebrew, does not mean muhammed, it means the "praised one"... Some people obviously out for mischief, just coined it to mean muhammed because it rhymes with muhammed..... Its just lyk saying a verse in the bible was talking about einstein simply because the word (which is not english, by the way) rhymes with einstein....A sincere person can only claim it was "probably" referring to mohammed because muhammeds name was not mentioned... It is only an assumption, infact it is less than an assumption... It is an unobjective claim...
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by VIPERVENOM(m): 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2014
Rilwayne001: "We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts ... But my breasts [are] like towers." 8:8-10

"He shall lie all night betwixt my breasts." 1:13

"Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins." 4:5

" Come ... blow upon my garden, grin grin that the spices thereof may flow out . Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits." 4:16
OMG Mouth Action in the buybull grin

^^all this verses got me grin grin grin
i'd luv to read those verses in the pidgin version of d bible cheesy
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Neddyogu(m): 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2014
saintneo:

i disagrée with u sir! U commit adultery if as a married person, u engage in sexual activity(regardless of type) wit sum1 who aint ur Legal spouse (regardless of dat person's marital status). NB- one May also commit 'bluetooth adultery' by looking at a person with Lust.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
kudoxs: @ this your age, the best thing you can do is to insult someone's papa
You call that an insult? Dull brain!
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by NellyGhenghen(m): 12:14pm On Jun 29, 2014
I remember those days in pry school we used to copy love letter from songs of Solomon to give gehz grin chai diarisgod oooo grin
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by iamord(m): 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
because they are smart fraudsters. they also avoid Genesis 6:1-4
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by iamord(m): 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
Scyllapatron: because pentecostal christianity is a scam, pastors extract chapters and verses that suit their dubious charisma & mind control agenda.
they tell you the old testament laws are no longer applicable, but they go to malachi to preach the law of tithe.
notice they also avoid Matthew 24:5 "many will come in my name, claiming i sent them, doing miracle...etc"

probably if the vatican and co- consiprators knew @ the council of nicea, they would not have added this book to the bible like the other ones that they did not add cos they know it will change the way people view christanity and by that they will have not control over the masses.. Its a pity blacks don't study and research.. We just take things as it without studying why it is.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by iamord(m): 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2014
Rilwayne001: "We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts ... But my breasts [are] like towers." 8:8-10

" Come ... blow upon my garden, grin grin that the spices thereof may flow out . Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits." 4:16

lol verse that will make a man charge in church.. !!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Emma8043(m): 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2014

grin grin
Lier at the highest order
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Mintayo(m): 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
Macelliot:
You are the dumbest guy I have ever seen.
No wonder, You are an almajiri...
Open ur eyes well well.
Song of Songs 5:16 - His mouth is sweetness itself. He is desirable in every way. Such, 0 women of Jerusalem, is my lover, my friend
Can you see ur lies... Lies you copied from www.Answering-christianity.com which is the highest site with fallacies, fabrications and delusion.
No wonder, Taqiyya(holy lies) has dominated ur medula oblongata and cerebelum.
Point out where Solomon songs mentione Muhammed.
I don't blame you..... I blame Taqiyya(holy lies)....
On the day of Judgement, Jesus Christ the messiah and saviour that u people rejected will be the Chief corner-stone. He will rule as king in Paradise and not like ur taqiyya 72 virgins and everlasting sex....
An Anti-CHRIST is one who denies the FATHER and the SON.
Shine ur Eyes...

I bet you didnt see the sarcasm in his post. The guy is a christain. He is actually passing a message across to his muslim brothers...lol.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Mintayo(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
njokusboy: . No no no, you got it wrong, the word "muhammadim", in hebrew, does not mean muhammed, it means the "praised one"... Some people obviously out for mischief, just coined it to mean muhammed because it rhymes with muhammed..... Its just lyk saying a verse in the bible was talking about einstein simply because the word (which is not english, by the way) rhymes with einstein....A sincere person can only claim it was "probably" referring to mohammed because muhammeds name was not mentioned... It is only an assumption, infact it is less than an assumption... It is an unobjective claim...
Pls help me tell him o. They have been told severally to look for their prophet else where o,he no dey inside the Bible o.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by domido(m): 12:38pm On Jun 29, 2014

grin grin
bros theres nothing like dat in songs of solomon 5:16. Wich bible u dey read?
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by iriskiki(f): 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2014

Know know.... Lol.. . Interpreter.... Hahahahahah
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by tintingz(m): 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
njokusboy: . No no no, you got it wrong, the word "muhammadim", in hebrew, does not mean muhammed, it means the "praised one"... Some people obviously out for mischief, just coined it to mean muhammed because it rhymes with muhammed..... Its just lyk saying a verse in the bible was talking about einstein simply because the word (which is not english, by the way) rhymes with einstein....A sincere person can only claim it was "probably" referring to mohammed because muhammeds name was not mentioned... It is only an assumption, infact it is less than an assumption... It is an unobjective claim...
Maybe you should find out the meaning of the name "Muhammed". Let me help you out

Arabic Meaning: The name Muhammad is an Arabic baby name.

In Arabic the meaning of the name Muhammad is: Variant used for Mohammad - founder of Islamic religion. praiseworthy; glorified.

American Meaning: The name Muhammad is an American baby name .

In American the meaning of the name Muhammad is: Variant used for Mohammad - founder of Islamic religion. praiseworthy; glorified.

Muslim Meaning: The name Muhammad is a Muslim baby name .

In Muslim the meaning of the name Muhammad is: Praised. Prophet Muhammad.

www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/muhammad

Praised, praiseworthy, glorified is the meaning of Muhammed so that's Muhammadim mentioned in the bible.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by iriskiki(f): 12:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
Know know.... Lol ... Interpreter.... Hahahahahah
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by kudoxs(m): 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
Young Da Naval: You call that an insult? Dull brain!
dull brain? Now you'll say that's not an insult too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? / Sharon Oyakilome Frimpong Won Two Awards At The Same Time, Praise Her Husband / 'AI Jesus' Talks Dating, Relationships, Morals — Even Offers Video-gaming Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.