Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? (26122 Views)

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
Macelliot:
You are the dumbest guy I have ever seen.
No wonder, You are an almajiri...
Open ur eyes well well.
Song of Songs 5:16 - His mouth is sweetness itself. He is desirable in every way. Such, 0 women of Jerusalem, is my lover, my friend
Can you see ur lies... Lies you copied from www.Answering-christianity.com which is the highest site with fallacies, fabrications and delusion.
No wonder, Taqiyya(holy lies) has dominated ur medula oblongata and cerebelum.
Point out where Solomon songs mentione Muhammed.
I don't blame you..... I blame Taqiyya(holy lies)....
On the day of Judgement, Jesus Christ the messiah and saviour that u people rejected will be the Chief corner-stone. He will rule as king in Paradise and not like ur taqiyya 72 virgins and everlasting sex....
An Anti-CHRIST is one who denies the FATHER and the SON.
Shine ur Eyes...

Dude calm down na, u no gas beef d guy, dose dat claim dat mohamed was mentiond in dat verse r mostly muslims y? D verse was originally written in hebrew, n wen translated In2 english it read somfin lyk mahammad but it was mistranslated making dem tink it was mohammed dat was mentiond bt it was a different name entirely n nt mohammed.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by saintneo(m): 1:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
Idrismusty97: In essence you are saying Solomon didn't break the law of Fornication. It is very Ok for Christians to have intercourse with someone they are engage to or someone they wish to marry. No wonder all i see in movies and musics is sex, no wonder teenagers and single people are openly narrating their sex experience in the romance section and still called themselves Christians without shame. Since fornication is no longer a sin it should be scrapped out of the bible then. After all man can modify the Bible as he pleases. Catholics has theirs anyway...Is this what you are trying to say?

I believe that you've got my point. Fornication and adultery are not the same.

Now time to delve into the fornication topic. First, the world is filled with wickedness and deceit. Second we are in the New testament which is governed by the two commandments of love.

If you love your neighbour, you will not go around sampling different people not that I am encouraging people to have sex before marriage. Men engage in sex these days to satisfy their loins that's selfishness and it is against the law of loving your neighbour as yourself. If the boy were to find himself in the girl's shoes, I doubt if he will part with his priced asset, thus men/boys that engaging in sexual activities so as to satisfy their sexual urge are not loving their neighbour as themselves.(I'm a witness to this it is very sickening to the soul). Women/girls who engage in such fail the second New commandment as well.

The next question going through your mind will be that so far there is agreement between both parties then it is not a sin.......No it is a sin. Your body belongs to God, any attempt to give it to the devil makes you guilty of the first New commandment, Love God.

Without much ado, songs of Solomon is meant to be used by married couples.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by saintneo(m): 1:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
Neddy ogu: i disagrée with u sir! U commit adultery if as a married person, u engage in sexual activity(regardless of type) wit sum1 who aint ur Legal spouse (regardless of dat person's marital status). NB- one May also commit 'bluetooth adultery' by looking at a person with Lust.
Yes, according to the New testament. My arguments were to defend Solomon's affairs with 300 wives and 700 concubines which is part of the old testament.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by domido(m): 1:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ironi: Man make your wife happy, know her needs of joy and lay her down and taketh her from behind. 2: 15. tongue
haaaa brossss take her from behind ke,ha for which bible u dey read from?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by gameboi: 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
because they are smart fraudsters. they also avoid Genesis 6:1-4
So much for a dim-witted person and his contributors of Likes... Smh!
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Empredboy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
breathern bible is nt like our novels that we read instead its a 'story book' talked about events dat took place during our forefathers time. So to interprete it one will need the inspiration of God 2ru d holyspirit n an associate of historians who can tell what took place at that time. Now, my findings frm my rev fr (a catholic priest) is that songs of solomon is a poem written to tell the jews(bride) the love God(groom) has 4 his people. Then it also translat to the love of christ(groom) to his church(bride). Just as chrit discribed his kingdom in the scriptures like the story of the bride n the groom(mtw 25 1-13) so also the songs of solomon relate to man n woman. Top conclude it up God used the book of Hosea in d bible to explain it better to the prophet and us(read frm the begining of hosea to d end) to understand the bible u need a very good preacher of bible nt the personal interest preachers that we av now. Glory be to jesus...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
famousdee:

Hahhahahah see "BIG" fool

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, o daughters of jerusalam."

Where is mohammed there? grin
keep chut. This shows that christainity is a joke. Imagine,story about bossoms in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by madtom85(m): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
If sos is God inspired, I don't see love songs wrong the way pple potray every song from a celeb wordly. Beyonce's self named album was sexually themed and understanding songs like drunk in love, blow, rocket etc are overtly sexual. But isn't she not married? Who is she singing to? Its all love not lust, what if i sang a song from sos is that a sin? I don't think all popular music are sinful, people just pervert the song even the artiste The ones I count wordly is when sing abt lust, money, status etc , although am a music fan and i still dig it.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by ebukaOtika(m): 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
Rilwayne001: "We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts ... But my breasts [are] like towers." 8:8-10

"He shall lie all night betwixt my breasts." 1:13

"Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins." 4:5

" Come ... blow upon my garden, grin grin that the spices thereof may flow out . Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits." 4:16
OMG Mouth Action in the buybull grin

^^all this verses got me grin grin grin

Lwkmd ,.,,, dis guy won corrupt me on a sunday ,.,,, where are my legs ?
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
obayaya:

Hahaha..

That verse eh.. lipsrsealed

King Solomon na bad guy grin
lmao
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by ultrazone(m): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
This is serious.
www.WeTalkNaira.com

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by tonychristopher: 3:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
BECAUSE IT'S SEXY AND ROMANTIC U KNOW
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by tonychristopher: 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
rahazaqa: keep chut. This shows that christainity is a joke. Imagine,story about bossoms in the bible.

ISLAM.VERY IDIOTIC RELIGION WITH FUNNY PERVERTS ...HOW CAN MUSLIM BE PROMISED PARADISE WHERE THERE WILL BE SO MANY VIRGINS THAT WILL BE FUCKKKKED...PENISS ERECTING FOREVER AND HYMENN GROWING BACK

YOU CALL ISLAM RELIGION ...TO ME IT'S VERSION OF PERVERSION

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by fairheven: 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
Rilwayne001: "We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts ... But my breasts [are] like towers." 8:8-10

" Come ... blow upon my garden, grin grin that the spices thereof may flow out . Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits." 4:16

8:8,actually talkin about the difference btw a virgin and a LovePeddler.it talks about chastity,that's if u read btw the lines."WE HAVE A LITTLE SISTER WHO HAS NO BREASTS.WT SHALL WE DO IN D DAY WEN SHE IS SPOKEN FOR(wen suitors com fo her hand in marriage),IF SHE IS A WALL(that's a virgin),WE WILL BUILD HER A BATTLE OF SILVER(make her more beautiful),BUT IF SHE IS A DOOR(a walk-through,who has givin her virginity to all-comers,loosed),WE WIL ENCLOSE HER(mask her,make her up to be like the real tin.)WIT CEDER BOARDS.
IT. Takes a wise pastor to teach on Songs of Solomon.my pastor does that beautifully well,the late pastor Bimbo Odukoya does dt as well.is not for boy friends and girl friends,is for married couples. cool
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by 1stola: 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
njokusboy: . You are an irredeemable f'o'ol, u claim the verse talks about mohammed, d verse was consequently quoted so you can identify mohammmeds name... Alas, you now claim, d bible has been altered, lemme ask you, which one did you read, d one written in greek or the one in English.. Can u read Greek? Don't tell me one of ur illiterate mallams read it and translated for u gullible fellows
Remain in darkness because of pride.
ignorant fool
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Vicel: 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
because they are smart fraudsters.
they also avoid Genesis 6:1-4
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by 1stola: 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
fairheven:

8:8,actually talkin about the difference btw a virgin and a LovePeddler.it talks about chastity,that's if u read btw the lines."WE HAVE A LITTLE SISTER WHO HAS NO BREASTS.WT SHALL WE DO IN D DAY WEN SHE IS SPOKEN FOR(wen suitors com fo her hand in marriage),IF SHE IS A WALL(that's a virgin),WE WILL BUILD HER A BATTLE OF SILVER(make her more beautiful),BUT IF SHE IS A DOOR(a walk-through,who has givin her virginity to all-comers,loosed),WE WIL ENCLOSE HER(mask her,make her up to be like the real tin.)WIT CEDER BOARDS.
IT. Takes a wise pastor to teach on Songs of Solomon.my pastor does that beautifully well,the late pastor Bimbo Odukoya does dt as well.is not for boy friends and girl friends,is for married couples. cool
oh! I see!
only an hypocrite can preach it well grin
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by sovpounds(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
I have always wondered why Songs of Solomon is avoided in Church but incidentally in Church today the Pastor was preaching about marriage and how the first helper of anybody is his or her spouse and to my delight he quoted Songs of Solomon 1:15-16. To be honest I don't understand what the two verses mean.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
tintingz: Maybe you should find out the meaning of the name "Muhammed". Let me help you out

Arabic Meaning: The name Muhammad is an Arabic baby name.

In Arabic the meaning of the name Muhammad is: Variant used for Mohammad - founder of Islamic religion. praiseworthy; glorified.

American Meaning: The name Muhammad is an American baby name .

In American the meaning of the name Muhammad is: Variant used for Mohammad - founder of Islamic religion. praiseworthy; glorified.

Muslim Meaning: The name Muhammad is a Muslim baby name .

In Muslim the meaning of the name Muhammad is: Praised. Prophet Muhammad.

www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/muhammad

Praised, praiseworthy, glorified is the meaning of Muhammed so that's Muhammadim mentioned in the bible.
. Lolzz, but muhammeddin or watever is hebrew not arabic, does a word in arabic mean the same as hebrew... Why don't you translate the whole text to arabic and tell me if muhammeddin is the same as muhammed in arabic, You can't honestly be trying to translate a hebrew word using the arabic meaning of a word which looks similar , is dat what you are trying to do You are supposed to use the arabic meaning of the same word not of another that sounds like it... Besides its muhammeddin not mohammed, lemme even quote the verse and translate it in english using the correct expression which was substituted..... "His mouth is sweetness itself; he is the "praised one". This is my beloved, this is my friend,
daughters of Jerusalem".
Now what you are trying to say is dat, "the praised one" in english automatically translates to muhammed which is Arabic...lolzzz.. So anytime I see the "praised one" in a text, I automatically assume, mohammed is being talked about... Doesn't that sound funny Besides, they didn't say praiseworthy, it said "praised one".. Dats different isn't it? Ur theory has too many holes....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by fairheven: 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2014
1st ola:
oh! I see!
only an hypocrite can preach it well grin
Only a perverse mind will miscontrue it.
The Letter kills,the spirit gives life. cool
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by tintingz(m): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
njokusboy: . Lolzz, but muhammeddin or watever is hebrew not arabic, does a word in arabic mean the same as hebrew... Why don't you translate the whole text to arabic and tell me if muhammeddin is the same as muhammed in arabic, You can't honestly be trying to translate a hebrew word using the arabic meaning, is dat what you are trying to do You are supposed to use the arabic meaning of the same word not of another that sounds like it... Besides its muhammeddin not mohammed, lemme even quote the verse and translate it in english using the correct expression which was substituted..... "His mouth is sweetness itself; he is the "praised one". This is my beloved, this is my friend,
daughters of Jerusalem".
Now what you are trying to say is dat, "the praised one" in english automatically translates to muhammed which is Arabic...lolzzz.. So anytime I see the "praised one" in a text, I automatically assume, mohammed is being talked about... Doesn't that sound funny Besides, they didn't say praiseworthy, it said "praised one".. Dats different isn't it? Ur theory has too many holes....
Please do some research, Arabic and Hebrew are sisters in language.

Many of their words are the same or related.

Let me give you an example e.g the word spirit is "ruh" in Arabic in Hebrew is almost the same.

Rūḥ ( ﺭﻭﺡ) is an Arabic word meaning spirit, and appears to be related to the Hebrew word "Ruach" or "Ruah" ( רוּחַ ) (See: Ruach#Etymology ). It is the third among the six purities or al-Laṭaʾif as-sitta ( ﺍﻟﻠﻄﺎﺋﻒ ﺍﻟﺴﺘﺔ ).
www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruh

Ruh is Arabic while Ruah is Hebrew both are related with the same meaning which is "Spirit".

Take a look at the word "Peace" in Arabic is "Salam" in Hebrew is "Shalom"

both language are related.

Muhammadim and Muhammed are the same meaning whether praised one or praiseworthy.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Juzzybabe(f): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2014

LMAO! Imagine what verse 4:16 would sound like when a pastor is preaching such...
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Sirdayor(m): 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2014
A preacher quote related bible references. Remember that even Jesus only quoted the related biblical references to the point of discussion.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by MORNDEW(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
[quote author=Chi59]I made FP!

@Topic, this book is a shadow of Christ's love for the church. It should be taken figuratively, and not literarily.
The problem is many shallow christians are fond of misinterpreting this lovely book.[/quote
so two bossoms nd oda erotic words in SOS ar also christ love for d church. So who ar d two bossoms.
Who is shallow minded here.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Chrisx1x(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
simdam500: Bible is a complete book........it has all section Politics, Romance, Business, Investment, Jobs/Vacancies, Career, Education, Properties, Health, Travel, Family, Culture, Religion, Diaries, Pets, Agriculture, Jokes, Celebrities, Fashion, Events, Sports, Gaming, Forum Games, Literature..........
make i report this matter give God say one of him pikin dey misbehave for here
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2014
tonychristopher:

ISLAM.VERY IDIOTIC RELIGION WITH FUNNY PERVERTS ...HOW CAN MUSLIM BE PROMISED PARADISE WHERE THERE WILL BE SO MANY VIRGINS THAT WILL BE FUCKKKKED...PENISS ERECTING FOREVER AND HYMENN GROWING BACK

YOU CALL ISLAM RELIGION ...TO ME IT'S VERSION OF PERVERSION
lol..see mumu. Show me where it is written that '' Kill and Get 77 virgins'' in the Quran,you can't see it there. But here,we are having stories about bossons and sex bolded in the bible. I won't be suprise now when I heard that pastors had sex with a church member.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Chrisx1x(m): 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
rahazaqa: keep chut. This shows that christainity is a joke. Imagine,story about bossoms in the bible.
D bible can only b understood wit d help of d holy spirit.there are too many hidden secret in it.the reason why many christian fail today is because they assume they know it all probably because they hv degrees,have researched or have travelled far and wide.paul felt d same way too before he had an encounter wit Jesus
Many preachers try to interprete the bible according to his or her own understanding which is why we have many doctrines in d church today
So my brother,there is more to d bible than the mind can comprehend.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by simdam500(m): 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
Chrisx1x: make i report this matter give God say one of him pikin dey misbehave for here

shocked
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by fairheven: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
tintingz: Please do some research, Arabic and Hebrew are sisters in language.

Many of their words are the same or related.

Let me give you an example e.g the word spirit is "ruh" in Arabic in Hebrew is almost the same.

Rūḥ ( ﺭﻭﺡ) is an Arabic word meaning spirit, and appears to be related to the Hebrew word "Ruach" or "Ruah" ( רוּחַ ) (See: Ruach#Etymology ). It is the third among the six purities or al-Laṭaʾif as-sitta ( ﺍﻟﻠﻄﺎﺋﻒ ﺍﻟﺴﺘﺔ ).
www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruh

Ruh is Arabic while Ruah is Hebrew both are related with the same meaning which is "Spirit".

Take a look at the word "Peace" in Arabic is "Salam" in Hebrew is "Shalom"

both language are related.

Muhammadim and Muhammed are the same meaning whether praised one or praiseworthy.
seriously speaking,was the Arab language in existence when tat book of the bible was written?can u proof it with facts?or u just want to dabble in unnecessary frivolity?
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by revelationuche: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
Be cause d congratns are never feet to chew the meat...It is meant 4 pastors alone cool [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Atmmachine(m): 6:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
Who wrote the bible ??

The holy spirit ?? grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Atmmachine(m): 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
I forking lost interest in Christianity when my mother told me that only Christians can make heaven..
I ask her,so, Muslims and non- Christians will go to hell & she said yes..

I lost appetite in Christianity..

Who forking wrote the bible

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Olujobi: Osinbajo Will Be President In 2023. Kanu, Igboho To Be Released / 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church / God Saved Me And My Siblings From A Big Python In Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.