Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? (26143 Views)

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
tintingz: Please do some research, Arabic and Hebrew are sisters in language.

Many of their words are the same or related.

Let me give you an example e.g the word spirit is "ruh" in Arabic in Hebrew is almost the same.

Rūḥ ( ﺭﻭﺡ) is an Arabic word meaning spirit, and appears to be related to the Hebrew word "Ruach" or "Ruah" ( רוּחַ ) (See: Ruach#Etymology ). It is the third among the six purities or al-Laṭaʾif as-sitta ( ﺍﻟﻠﻄﺎﺋﻒ ﺍﻟﺴﺘﺔ ).
www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruh

Ruh is Arabic while Ruah is Hebrew both are related with the same meaning which is "Spirit".

Take a look at the word "Peace" in Arabic is "Salam" in Hebrew is "Shalom"

both language are related.

Muhammadim and Muhammed are the same meaning whether praised one or praiseworthy.
. Still doesn't make sense... Does muhammeddin when translated to arabic mean mohammed?? No, it doesn't...... D only claim you have to muhammeddin referring to mohammed is because it sounds like it... I have checked several translations and none of it translated to muhammed....like I said earlier, wat u guys have is an unobjective claim...
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by supereagle(m): 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
Deeper life preaches it especially on marriage seminars .
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Aidy97(f): 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
proo212: They avoid it because Mohammed is mentioned in Songs 5:16...

grin grin
False
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Rilwayne001: 10:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
Macelliot:
You are the dumbest guy I have ever seen.
No wonder, You are an almajiri...
Open ur eyes well well.
Song of Songs 5:16 - His mouth is sweetness itself. He is desirable in every way. Such, 0 women of Jerusalem, is my lover, my friend
Can you see ur lies... Lies you copied from www.Answering-christianity.com which is the highest site with fallacies, fabrications and delusion.
No wonder, Taqiyya(holy lies) has dominated ur medula oblongata and cerebelum.
Point out where Solomon songs mentione Muhammed.
I don't blame you..... I blame Taqiyya(holy lies)....
On the day of Judgement, Jesus Christ the messiah and saviour that u people rejected will be the Chief corner-stone. He will rule as king in Paradise and not like ur taqiyya 72 virgins and everlasting sex....
An Anti-CHRIST is one who denies the FATHER and the SON.
Shine ur Eyes...

You are just tooooo fooolish for taken pro212 for a muslim

mumu
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by badmuspeace(m): 10:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
Big lie shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by badmuspeace(m): 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2014
[quote author=proo212]They avoid it because Mohammed is mentioned in Songs 5:16...

Big lie
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by foxlovdb(m): 11:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
Never thought of it that way
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by mozele(m): 11:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
because they are smart fraudsters. they also avoid Genesis 6:1-4

can you please interpret your true motive of bringing up these verses?
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by godlyheritage: 12:53am On Jun 30, 2014
Stop this damage control. Solomon songs were songs of lust. This is a man who clearly married pagan women and allowed adolatory to flourish because he couldn't control his libido. Song of love to who? His 300 wives or his 700 concubines?
Sometimes we pretend like these people were not human. They very much were. Typical chronic womanizer who did a good job of recording his 'sexcapades'.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Luvleen: 2:19am On Jun 30, 2014
proo212: They avoid it because Mohammed is mentioned in Songs 5:16...

grin grin
. Hahahahaha. U WISH!
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Lolmoi(f): 5:01am On Jun 30, 2014
Well, I think it's because it's nt applicable to d topic they re to preach bt sos is used during weddings
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Ayo315: 6:50am On Jun 30, 2014
Due to its seductive nature.simple nothing more nothing less
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by scosco1: 8:37am On Jun 30, 2014
This is a book in the Christian bible and yet am amazed not one of us can even give a good view of the SOS Verses ....anyway SOS 5:16 - " His mouth is most sweet ...", ( could anything be sweeter than G-d's word or laws, which gives rewards to those who fulfill a command, such as not causing ourselves harm Lev 19:28 and also guarantees that if a wicked man repents of his ways he will deserve merits . The daughters of of Jerusalem refers to nations of the world for Jerusalem is destined to b the capital of them all, as prophesied by Ezekiel 16:61 ...and I shall give them to you as daughters . Please, we should always strive to study the scriptures to properly understand it's message to us .
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by scosco1: 8:40am On Jun 30, 2014
The book song of songs is referred to as the most Holy book of the scriptures " Holy of Holies " because the description of the relationship within the book is pure and completely spiritual .
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by ogaju007(m): 8:53am On Jun 30, 2014
Chi59: I made FP!

@Topic, this book is a shadow of Christ's love for the church. It should be taken figuratively, and not literarily.
The problem is many shallow christians are fond of misinterpreting this lovely book.

See twisting.... christ get bossom abi e get breast ? ah ah haba....
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by scosco1: 10:39am On Jun 30, 2014
sovpounds: I have always wondered why Songs of Solomon is avoided in Church but incidentally in Church today the Pastor was preaching about marriage and how the first helper of anybody is his or her spouse and to my delight he quoted Songs of Solomon 1:15-16. To be honest I don't understand what the two verses mean.
. The two verses are trying to say that " ...despite Israel's sin and shame, G-d encourages her with praise of her true, essential beauty. While ( vs - 16 ) , Israel replies that her beauty is not hers for it all comes from G-d.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by ogaju007(m): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2014
sco sco: This is a book in the Christian bible and yet am amazed not one of us can even give a good view of the SOS Verses ....anyway SOS 5:16 - " His mouth is most sweet ...", ( could anything be sweeter than G-d's word or laws, which gives rewards to those who fulfill a command, such as not causing ourselves harm Lev 19:28 and also guarantees that if a wicked man repents of his ways he will deserve merits . The daughters of of Jerusalem refers to nations of the world for Jerusalem is destined to b the capital of them all, as prophesied by Ezekiel 16:61 ...and I shall give them to you as daughters . Please, we should always strive to study the scriptures to properly understand it's message to us .

Why do we always give meanings to things we dont know.... ask an isrealite and he will tell you breast means breast in the bible..... stop living in denial.... they were having sex in those days and those were words with direct meaning not indirect meaning.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by scosco1: 11:52am On Jun 30, 2014
ogaju007:

Why do we always give meanings to things we dont know.... ask an isrealite and he will tell you breast means breast in the bible..... stop living in denial.... they were having sex in those days and those were words with direct meaning not indirect meaning.
the writings can be understood on many different levels particularly as a dialogue of spiritual love btw G-d and the soul or between G-d and His Chosen people of Israel , or as Christians believe btw Christ and the church or as you preferred it to be literally a love poem ...after all Psalms 62:11 says " Hashem spoke one thing ,I heard two ..."
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by ogaju007(m): 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
sco sco: the writings can be understood on many different levels particularly as a dialogue of spiritual love btw G-d and the soul or between G-d and His Chosen people of Israel , or as Christians believe btw Christ and the church or as you preferred it to be literally a love poem ...after all Psalms 62:11 says " Hashem spoke one thing ,I heard two ..."

Hmmn you mean it can be interpreted in many ways to suit the circumstances grin.

So i wonder how paying of offering and tithe have not been interpreted to paying of spiritual offering and tithe? or we have to take somethings literally and some otherwise?

Its all a scam in my opinion.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by scosco1: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
ogaju007:

Hmmn you mean it can be interpreted in many ways to suit the circumstances grin.

So i wonder how paying of offering and tithe have not been interpreted to paying of spiritual offering and tithe? or we have to take somethings literally and some otherwise?

Its all a scam in my opinion.
I believe I explained it to mean btw G-d and Israel, G-d and the soul, Christ and church , if you feel it serves ur own personal purpose good for you. To understand G-d's word you need to be taught and guided . I believe Jesus had to do so as a young Jewish lad always studying in the midst of teachers of the Law to properly understand the scriptures. Like I still said the book song of songs is a poem with deep meanings . Wether it is scam or not that is ur opinion . You have ur reasons ...!
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by ogaju007(m): 1:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
sco sco: I believe I explained it to mean btw G-d and Israel, G-d and the soul, Christ and church , if you feel it serves ur own personal purpose good for you. To understand G-d's word you need to be taught and guided . I believe Jesus had to do so as a young Jewish lad always studying in the midst of teachers of the Law to properly understand the scriptures. Like I still said the book song of songs is a poem with deep meanings . Wether it is scam or not that is ur opinion . You have ur reasons ...!

It's funny how people are so deep spiritually yet nothing good has ever come out of y'all..... Every continent you visit, its always the black guy suffering even in Africa where people have carried this bible and interpreted it in so many ways than what it means...... I think it's hightime we stopped reading meanings to a 2000 year old story and focus on how to change things for the better now (Literally).
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by scosco1: 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
ogaju007:

It's funny how people are so deep spiritually yet nothing good has ever come out of y'all..... Every continent you visit, its always the black guy suffering even in Africa where people have carried this bible and interpreted it in so many ways than what it means...... I think it's hightime we stopped reading meanings to a 2000 year old story and focus on how to change things for the better now (Literally).
I get ur point ...but you see these stories have to a large extent been misunderstood . Our approach to scriptures has most times been sentimental,hypocritical,religious conformity so that we feel we belong and that colonial mentality that hasn't still left the Blackman . G-d's word is there to enable us become better people if we but follow simple applications not religious . Be good, strive for better ideals that uplifts our society, care even for our environment , animals should even be respected as our co-inhabitors on this planet,true social justice and equality, greed and corruption, true religion should be practiced ..."it has been shown to you man ,what is good and what Hashem requires of you,Just do justice,loving kindness and walk humbly before G-d " ....it's not by talkin, singing or self reflection we really get in synch with HIM, but by imitating HIM in our actions,seeking opportunities to do good ( better the world or our environment ). In Africa we love ourselves so much we don't care of the other person, our greed and hatred to one another is something else. We should speak out when there is injustice, we should think of debt and slavery ,how money is created and what it has done to our societ ... Doing justice and judgement are more preferable to G-d than sacrifices (prov 21:1)..we should focus a lot more on responsibility and obligation.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by ogaju007(m): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
sco sco: I get ur point ...but you see these stories have to a large extent been misunderstood . Our approach to scriptures has most times been sentimental,hypocritical,religious conformity so that we feel we belong and that colonial mentality that hasn't still left the Blackman . G-d's word is there to enable us become better people if we but follow simple applications not religious . Be good, strive for better ideals that uplifts our society, care even for our environment , animals should even be respected as our co-inhabitors on this planet,true social justice and equality, greed and corruption, true religion should be practiced ..."it has been shown to you man ,what is good and what Hashem requires of you,Just do justice,loving kindness and walk humbly before G-d " ....it's not by talkin, singing or self reflection we really get in synch with HIM, but by imitating HIM in our actions,seeking opportunities to do good ( better the world or our environment ). In Africa we love ourselves so much we don't care of the other person, our greed and hatred to one another is something else. We should speak out when there is injustice, we should think of debt and slavery ,how money is created and what it has done to our societ ... Doing justice and judgement are more preferable to G-d than sacrifices (prov 21:1)..we should focus a lot more on responsibility and obligation.

you my friend are an intelligent man....
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by proo212(m): 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
@Mintayo, many thanks for coming to my defence.....

@Macelliot, after all these years of posting on this board, you no know who i be? No wahala, no offence taken.

Like Mintayo said, my post was meant to be sarcastic. If the young viewers on this board are into apologetics, you will know this is one of the arguments for Mohammed in the Bible. But lets not derail this thread. I'm sure we'll have lots of opportunities to debate Songs 5:16 in the future.

@Tintingz, I'm sure you know that argument is tired and does not hold water. If you are interested, open another thread and lets destroy Muhammdim
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Mintayo(m): 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
proo212: @Mintayo, many thanks for coming to my defence.....

@Macelliot, after all these years of posting on this board, you no know who i be? No wahala, no offence taken.

Like Mintayo said, my post was meant to be sarcastic. If the young viewers on this board are into apologetics, you will know this is one of the arguments for Mohammed in the Bible. But lets not derail this thread. I'm sure we'll have lots of opportunities to debate Songs 5:16 in the future.

@Tintingz, I'm sure you know that argument is tired and does not hold water. If you are interested, open another thread and lets destroy Muhammdim
I guess he doesn't. Lol. You are welcome,i am actually one of ur fans herecheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by musachara: 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
Rilwayne001: "We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts ... But my breasts [are] like towers." 8:8-10

"He shall lie all night betwixt my breasts." 1:13

"Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins." 4:5

" Come ... blow upon my garden, grin grin that the spices thereof may flow out . Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits." 4:16
OMG Mouth Action in the buybull grin

^^all this verses got me grin grin grin
Kachi UWAKA in hausa grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Macelliot(m): 8:48pm On Jun 30, 2014

I never knew it were you. Forgive me for the insult! Why did you disguised yourself?
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by scosco1: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
ogaju007:

you my friend are an intelligent man....
thank you for the compliment . I will also say same to you .
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by tintingz(m): 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2014

Open another thread for wah? When your brothers doesn't know how Hebrew and Arabic are sisters in language . grin
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
I love everything abouT this thread #following silently#
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by iamord(m): 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2014
ogaju007:

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by iamord(m): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
ogaju007:

stamped!!! Well let me just say black need to shift from all this religious bragado!! We are lacking behind and we think we r moving and religion is the only way to move foward.. I pity forr we blacks..we don't know that we r the but of jokes..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Addressing And Blessing The Crowd After He Resurfaced / God Saved Me And My Siblings From A Big Python In Port Harcourt. / Pastor Funke Adejumo And Husband Felix Remi Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.