Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,728 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

15Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 15Ebisco's Profile / 15Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (of 16 pages)

Politics / INTERESTING!! ”buhari Will Win Next Year ELECTION Even On Sickbed” – Rotimi Amae by 15Ebisco: 9:39am On Jul 28, 2018
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, says despite the defection saga that’s rocking the ruling party most especially in the National Assembly, President Buhari is still certain to win the 2019 election.

According to Amaechi, even if President Buhari is carried on a sick bed to states like Sokoto, Kano and Bauchi, he is certain to have a landslide victory as those are part of his comfort zones.

Amaechi said this when he spoke to newsmen yesterday July 28th. When asked to react to the defections in the National Assembly which many believe is the beggining of the downfall of APC, Amaechi in his response said”

”That’s according to you. Look, you are not a politician so you can’t be commenting on what you don’t know. In fact let’s look at it. Unfortunately I don’t want to speak about this but you are putting me under pressure. However, no matter what you do, the Governor of Sokoto will leave naturally. He has ambition to be president. If you take a chicken to him he will still go. The same with Kwara. These are people you expect that they will leave.”

“On those that defected at the House of Representatives and Senate, where do they come from? They come from areas that the President is comfortable. Do you honestly believe that the President will lose election in Sokoto? We are not God, but it’s one of his comfort zones. If you bring the President on a sick bed to Bauchi and Kano, he will win and he has never lost election in Bauchi. But that is a bit arrogant on our side; we should not underestimate them.

I am not God. It is only God who can say the APC will win or not. But what is clear is that if you remove the God element, I think we are prepared to coast to victory because Nigerians will certainly reject a second looting. Nigeria can’t survive a second looting. Never!”.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/interesting-buhari-will-win-next-year.html

Politics / Breaking News! Former Gombe State Governor, Hashidu Is Dead by 15Ebisco: 9:11am On Jul 28, 2018
According to a report by SaharaReporters, Abubakar Habu Hashidu, former Governor of Gombe State, has died.

Hashidu’s death was confirmed by an announcement from his family: “With total submission to the will of Allah, we announce the death of former Governor of Gombe State Alhaji Abubakar Habu Hashidu. May Allah forgive hs soul and grant him jahhan.”

Details later…

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/breaking-news-former-gombe-state.html

Politics / Ondo Prophet Nabbed For Defrauding Members With Immigration Jobs, Overseas Trave by 15Ebisco: 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2018
Abidoun James, the founder of the Christ Apostolic Church, Freedom International City parish, Akure in Ondo State, has been arrested for fraud.

James was arrested, on Thursday, by the men of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) after defrauding Mrs. Folasade Olukunini and some other members of his Church.

Awili Pedro, the Commandant of the NSCDC in Ondo State, said the culprit duped Olukinni to the tune of N 1.7million with a promise to secure a visa for her son to the United States.

He noted that the “prophet of doom”, who had been into the business of duping people for years, also has his spiritual way of defrauding people who approach him for cleansing.

“Prophet Adeniyi, earlier this year brought a man to his Church and introduced him to his congregation as Olamilekan Omole, whom he claimed was going to be his Personal Assistant. .

Some months later, he introduced this same man as a travelling agent and asked people to always contact him for their travel business. Olukinni approached the prophet to pray for her son who had the plans to travel abroad. .

After the prayer, this same prophet introduced the woman to Omole. They began the necessary procedure and she paid a sum of N1.7million to his account and since then the PA ran away.”

Pedro said that Prophet James was apprehended due to complaints from victims. He explained that several members of the church had come forward to testify about the escapades of the fake prophet.

“In fact, some youths claimed that the Prophet also promised to secure Immigration jobs for them for various charges ranging from between N4m to N5m.”

Another woman claimed that one Ademola Kolawole, through the suspect, got N4.2m from her in other to liberate her son from evil spiritual that had been tormenting her son since early this year.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/ondo-prophet-nabbed-for-defrauding.html

Crime / Sars Officers Shoot Driver In The Head At Point Range In Ikeja [graphic Images] by 15Ebisco: 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2018
According to #EndSARS campaign chief @Segalink, the incident occurred by 10pm yesterday in Ikeja when the SARS officers were harassing the bus driver and conductor. His tweets reads;

For those seeking how to contribute to #EndSARS #ReformPoliceNG given that people die daily from the impunity of the Armed Robbers and Kidnappers issued Guns by the state to run amok. Please report @YomiShogunle’s handle today for being Hateful & Abusive. #PowerBelongs2U

At about 10pm yesterday, a commercial bus stopped somewhere in Ikeja as alleged and the driver and conductor were confused on what to do to clear off the road. SARS officers showed up as usual and started harassing them. The driver pleaded but was shot in the head at point range.

This happened at the computer village in Ikeja as reported yesterday night. Yet this unconciounabke man dare mock us for holding them accountable?

U’re advised not to engage this corrupt officer occupying a sensitive position in any way. Be a better citizen & report the account. His insensitivity is affecting many bereaved families & this goes to show how corrupt the system is keeping him there. #WorstPoliceInTheWorld

The media is awash with the activities of their brigandage yet he mocks the bereaved and victims of police brutality and impunity? Please use your power people. Save Lives. #EndSARS #ReformPoliceNG

Just ask yourself this: How would a parent who found his only son being pulled out of the well covered in Maggots react to Yomi Shogunle’s daily dose of demonic insensitivity? How would the family of Angela Igwetu feel seeing his attempts at cover up? #EndSARS #ReformPoliceNG

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/sars-officers-shoot-driver-in-head-at.html

Politics / Lagos To Pay Pastors, Imams Salaries by 15Ebisco: 8:53am On Jul 27, 2018
The Lagos State Government has announced plans to engage some religious leaders, including pastors and imams, and place them on a salary structure.

This is a way of carrying out reorientation of the citizenry to shun corruption and immorality.

The development was made public by the Lagos State commissioner for home affairs, Abdulhakeem Abdulateef, during a sensitization programme for imams and scholars across the state, on Thursday, July 26, Daily Trust reports.

The commissioner disclosed that the state government would continue to interact with religious leaders, and tasked them to be above board and encourage their followers to shun corruption.

He said: “We shall be willing to even engage many of them by making provision for their salaries so that they can assist government to re-orientate the people for good.

“Imams and Pastors are believed to be men of God. So we need all of you to help us to encourage the right values in the society; particularly in the area of accountability and anti-corruption.

“We must remember that the Almighty Allah will ask all of us to render account of our deeds in the hereafter. So, the Imams and other religious clerics should lead us in the right direction because they are our leaders.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/lagos-to-pay-pastors-imams-salaries.html

Politics / BREAKING!! Atiku Officially Declares To Run For President Under PDP [photos] by 15Ebisco: 12:46am On Jul 27, 2018
Former vice president Atiku Abubakar has officially declared to run for president come 2019 under the People Democratic Party come 2019.

See more photos from the declaration event that held in Yola, Adamawa State below;

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/breaking-atiku-officially-declares-to.html

Politics / What Atiku Said About Gov Ortom’s Defection To PDP by 15Ebisco: 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2018
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has reacted to the resignation of Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom from the All Progressives Congress (APC) and his decision to join the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

DAILY POST recalls that Ortom, on Wednesday announced his resignation from the All Progressives Congress, APC

Ortom in a Statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Tever Akase said the governor has officially joined the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Reacting to the development, Atiku took to his Twitter page welcoming the Governor.

Atiku wrote, ”My dear Governor Samuel Ortom, welcome home to @OfficialPDPNig, a party that promotes equity, fairness and inclusiveness that will better serve the interest of the good people of Benue.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/what-atiku-said-about-gov-ortoms.html

Celebrities / Caroline Danjuma’s Testimony About Her Daughter’s Birth… This Will Touch Your He by 15Ebisco: 9:04am On Jul 26, 2018
With just a few weeks to Caroline Danjuma‘s daughter’s 4th birthday, the actress has shared a powerful testimony about her birth.

The Nigerian actress who recently adopted a child, has two sons and a daughter from her previous marriage, shared the touching story surrounding the birth of her child.

In an Instagram post, Caroline recounted how she battled with her life after being diagnosed with fibroid while pregnant as well as discovering that her little girl was born with two holes in her heart.

But today, she’s been healed of that ailment and is hale and hearty.

She wrote;

My darling 3 yrs old daughter .. in Christ you will grow and learn his ways ���.. counting Down to your 4th birthday SEP/13/2018 ..my girl is growing ����.. born sep 13/2014 with two holes in the heart ..

I was battling with fibroid too while I carried you in my womb .. the doc told me to choose between you and I whom she should save if I had to be rushed in for a CS operation and for sure I chose you but God’s words are different from man ..

I serve a living God who never sleeps.. HE put you under his wings .. for once I have never had any reason to worry.. healed by his blood . I have been holding on to this testimony ..

you have been nothing short of an angel .. the happiest little girl I know .. may God grant me the grace to be a good mother to you

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/caroline-danjumas-testimony-about-her.html

Crime / God Have Mercy by 15Ebisco: 8:50am On Jul 26, 2018
God Have Mercy
Politics / OH MY GOD!!! Student Shot Dead By Cultists In Front Of School Gate In Owerri [se by 15Ebisco: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
Fear has gripped students of Alvan Ikoku College Of Education in Owerri, Imo state capital, following the gruesome killing of their colleague after he was attacked by some cultists yesterday night.

The 300 level student of Computer Science identified as Caleb from Okigwe in Imo – was said to have been shot dead at the school gate after being attacked and the attackers fled after completing their mission.

According to reports, investigations are underway to apprehend the killers.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/oh-my-god-student-shot-dead-by-cultists.html

Celebrities / Demi Lovato “rushed To Hospital After Heroin Overdose” by 15Ebisco: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2018
Demi Lovato was rushed to the hospital in Los Angeles because of a heroin overdose.
According to TMZ, the 25-year-old singer was taken to the hospital today before noon from her home in the Hollywood Hills and she is currently being treated. Her condition is currently unknown.

Demi has fought substance abuse for years. She had been 6 years sober from alcohol, cocaine and Oxycontin but last month she released a song called “Sober” where she revealed she had relapsed.

Demi was scheduled to go on the road this week and had a show scheduled in Atlantic City but TMZ sources say she’s been struggling.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/demi-lovato-rushed-to-hospital-after.html

Sports / What Ronaldo’s Medical Checks At Juventus Showed by 15Ebisco: 10:08am On Jul 24, 2018

Juventus officials were left astonished at the results of Cristiano Ronaldo’s medical checks.

Ronaldo, 33, left Real Madrid for the Serie A champions this summer in a £88million.

And during formalities to wrap up the transfer, it was found the Portugal captain had the physical capacities of a 20-year-old.

Ronaldo has just 7% body fat, around 3% less than the average professional footballer.

He also has 50% muscular mass, 4% than the average professional.

At the just concluded World Cup in Russia, Ronaldo was named the fastest player, clocking an incredible top speed of 34 km/h according to FIFA.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/what-ronaldos-medical-checks-at.html
Politics / Oshiomhole Blows Hot, Reveals Why APC Will Suspend Ngige, Other Ministers by 15Ebisco: 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2018

Adams Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has warned that the party will not hesitate to suspend or expel any Minister who flouts orders from President Muhammadu Buhari.

Oshiomhole said this in reaction to the delay by the Minister of Labour, Senator Chris Ngige, to inaugurate the board of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Funds, NSITF.

The Minister had refused to inaugurate the board over alleged fraud committed by the previous board to the tune of over N40 billion.

However, Oshiomhole, while speaking with journalists after meeting with Buhari at the President Villa, Abuja, said he won’t condone disrespect from any Minister.

When asked on the comment by Ngige, the former Edo State Governor said, “If the minister refuse we will suspend him from the party. You know we must return to internal discipline.

“For me it is the height of mischief for any minister. You cannot purport to be honourable minister and you act dishonourably and nobody is greater than the party.

“And if the President condones disrespect for his office, I will not condone disrespect for the party. And when we expel the minister we will prevail on the President that he can’t keep in his cabinet people who have neither respect for his own decisions nor have respect for the party without which they would not have been ministers.

“There are no independent candidate in our system, nobody. I emphasis no minister is above the party and they have taken undue advantage of the President’s fatherly disposition.

“Now, it is the same green pen that made them minister that appointed these boards that they are refusing to swear in. And it is absolutely illegal for a minister in a democracy to prey the powers of the board because the laws establishing those institutions are clear, that the boards have procedures to follow.

“So, when a minister sits in his office to appropriate the powers of the board in a democracy, not in a dictatorship, award contract that didn’t go through boards, those are clear abuse of office for which they are liable.

“I am convinced that what they are doing is not with the endorsement of Mr. President. Over the period they have tried to drop the President’s name but I tell them it is the same authority that appointed these people.

“So, we are informing them that it is either they comply with the President’s instructions or they comply with the party’s position or they go and administer outside the government.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/oshiomhole-blows-hot-reveals-why-apc.html
Politics / Immigration Under Fire For Forcing Staff, Applicants To Observe Christian Prayer by 15Ebisco: 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2018

Immigration under fire for forcFollowing reports that the premises of the Nigerian Immigration at Ikoyi has been taken over by religious zealots who compel staffers and applicants to join them in morning devotions, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has cried out to immigration authorities and the Federal Government to save the department from religious crisis.

In a statement on Monday signed by its director, Ishaq Akintola, MURIC complained that its headquarters had been inundated with reports that Nigerians who visit the immigration office in Ikoyi, Lagos early in the mornings, were being made to partake in Christian prayers and evangelical devotion without any regard for their religious leaning.

According to Akintola, “The Ikoyi office of immigrations has been taken over by Christian fanatics who force everyone who arrives early to join in Christian prayers. They insist that there must be morning devotion before starting work every morning. The fact that they have Muslims among their staff and applicants means nothing to them. They invoke spirits and imaginary angels. They shout and scream at the top of their voices. It is madness in official quarters.

“Muslims need protection in this country. We cannot just stand by watching as Muslims are embarrassed and denigrated by overzealous Christian officials in immigration office. It is not only ridiculous but also unacceptable. It is hard to believe that Ikoyi immigration office is owned by the Nigerian government. It looks more like a Christian evangelical office.

“When did Nigeria descend to this level? How can a government department of such high status become a tool in the hands of gymnastic crusaders? We are demanding immediate cessation of this rubbish. It must also be investigated. All government offices are there for staffers to work and for visitors to receive quality service.

“How can we get that quality service when you force us to go down on our knees contrary to our belief? By the way, how can we allow civil servants to mess up tax payers for crying out loud? No serious nation will allow its work force to descend into the labyrinths of mythical religiousity and Treasure Island miracle mentality.”

MURIC affirmed that Nigerian Muslims were tax payers and major stakeholders who deserved quality service.

The Muslim human rights outfit decried the compulsion of applicants to join in morning devotion of any kind in Ikoyi immigration office in particular and any other government department for that matter.

“This phenomenon is now common in many ministries, parastatals, hospitals, clinics, market places, etc. Some Christian extremists just assume that they own this country. They arrogantly ask everyone to close their eyes in government offices every morning. They ask them to kneel down and pray.

“They should be told that Muslims pray in their homes every morning before going to work. So what is the essence of forcing us to pray in the office in Christian fashion? This ignoble practice is common where Christians are heads of department. It happens where Christians are directors. This bedlam must be brought under control.

“If anybody wants to pray in the office, let him or her pray silently and privately. It is an infringement on Allah-given fundamental rights of Muslims to compel them to kneel down and pray in Christian manner just because the boss in that office is a Christian. This is something Muslim bosses will never do and we are demanding immediate stoppage.

“It is paradoxical that the same Christian bosses and directors who force Muslims to join them in prayer are the same people who spread the misleading propaganda that Nigeria is being Islamised. This new revelation proves that they are the ones Christianising Nigeria but accusing the Muslims in order to deceive Nigerians. Our neighbours are adept at deception, outright lies and fake news.

“It may be argued that Muslims also pray at work but while that is true they never drag non-Muslims to join their prayer. The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria guarantees freedom of religion and that is why whoever wants to worship should do so briefly without compelling others to join him or her. MURIC will continue to expose those who tramp upon Allah-given fundamental rights of Muslims”, he said.

The Muslim group lamented the Nigerian irony where there is excessive show of religious devotion without a commensurate level of transparency and accountability in public office.

“Our advice is that Nigerians should stop this hypocritical show of piety in criminality. How can we spend hours on our knees yet we are ‘fantastically corrupt’?

How can we compel people to join in morning devotion but demand bribes from the same people minutes later? Those who waste so much time kneeling down in prayer during working hours do not deserve full salary because they did not render full service to their country. They are cheating on government”, he added.ing staff, applicants to observe Christian prayers

PLEASE READ MORE>>>[urlhttp://dailypost.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Nigeria-Immigration-Service.jpg][/url]
Celebrities / Nikola Kalinic Rejects World Cup Medal After Croatia Lost To France by 15Ebisco: 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2018

Nikola Kalinic has rejected the wWorld Cupmedal given to him after Croatia reached the final of the 2018 world cup in Russia which they lost to France.

Speaking to Sportske Novosti, Nikola Kalinic said, “Thanks for the medal, but I didn’t play in Russia”.

Nikola Kalinic was sent home right from the team’s first game at the world cup cup due to pride. After he was told by the coach to come on as a substitute 5 miniutes to the end of the game against Nigeria, Kalinic refused. He was the second top striker after Mario Mandzukic depended on by the Croatians.
Nikola Kalinic rejects world cup medal after Croatia lost to France

After the game, Kalinic refused to apologize to the coach despite pleas from other coaching staff for him to do so. That led to him getting sent home.

Away from the team, he shared pictures showing him having a nice time, as it appeared he thought the team could never make it far in the tournament.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/nikola-kalinic-rejects-world-cup-medal.html
Politics / 2019: What We Told Buhari About Igbo Presidency – General Okoloagu by 15Ebisco: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2018

A board of Trustees (BoT) member of the All Progressives Congress, APC, General JOJ Okoloagu, retd, has revealed what he and other leaders of the party in the South-East told President Muhammadu Buhari concerning Igbo presidency.

The APC chieftain also maintained that Buhari will defeat those ganging up against him (Buhari) in 2019.

Okoloagu, a three-time senatorial candidate in Enugu State and member of the Buhari Support Group in the South East, said that the President did not say no when they told him that Igbo man will take over from him in 2023.

He said this in an interview with Daily Trust, where he also insisted that the shortest route to Igbo presidency was through the APC.

He said, “So, for the Igbos, they must embrace the APC because there is an understanding. I am a chieftain of the APC, in January this year, we met with Mr President and expressed our desire to take over from him and he never said no

“The shortest route to Igbo presidency in Nigeria is through the APC. I saw a coalition of political parties.

“I have equally seen the number of people who are indicating interest to challenge Buhari come 2019. By political birth right, it is the turn of the Southeast.

“Any sensible Southeast man will not gang up against the APC when you know that the APC by our zoning will be beaming its searchlight on the Southeast come 2023.

“Whoever engages in any gang up will be deceiving himself. You don’t give power on the basis of tribal or ethnic nationality.

“If a political party has overwhelming majority and all of them come from the same tribe, they will govern the country. The constitution is there.

“That is why I am calling on my brothers from the south-east zone to see reasons with me in this regard. Forget about religious sentiment.

“There is no religion there. The situation in Sokoto and Zamfara has provided light to what some people have been calling the killing of Christians in other states of the country.

“What is going on is the killing of Nigerians! In fact, most of the victims in the North now are Muslims. If you do a census of the dead, you will discover that more Muslims have died.

“So it is not religious killings. It is also instructive to state that anybody taking over from President Buhari will do eight years. So any sensible politician should know that the shortest cut for him is the APC.

“But tragically, so many Igbos are in the PDP today and no amount of gang up against President Buhari will work. He will win the presidency again in 2019.

“The problem is that when you get much money in this country today, you underrate the intelligence of the poor man. Yes, there is money in the hands of the PDP, but Nigerians cannot forget in a hurry what they did while in power.

“They messed up the entire country in every ramification. The point is that President Muhammadu Buhari or any other person the APC fields for the presidency in 2019 will win the election.

“But you cannot take over just because you are Igbo, you can only take over if you belong to the party, the APC.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/2019-what-we-told-buhari-about-igbo.html
Politics / We Will Not Allow Buhari Deceive Us Again – Igbo Group Blows Hot by 15Ebisco: 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
A social-political organisation, Igboezue International, Thursday, vowed that it would resist every attempt by President Muhammadu Buhari to deceive people of the zone again.

The group insisted that the political future of Igbo would not depend on whether or not President Buhari is re-elected in 2019.

Reacting to comments by the President and the All Progressives Congress, APC, leaders in the South-East that the political future of the Igbo rest on the re-election of Buhari in 2019, leader of the group, Mr. Pius Okoye, said equity demands that the Igbo should produce president in 2023

He said: “Despite the massive support President Buhari garnered from Igbo during his first tenure, his administration will go down in history as the administration that worsened the socio-economic woes of the ethnic nationality in terms of marginalisation, impoverishment and stagnant development.

“Under the watch of President Buhari, the Igbo were marginalised in terms of political appointments, infrastructural developments and Federal Government welfare programmes. Ndigbo should not be deceived for the second time.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/we-will-not-allow-buhari-deceive-us.html

Politics / BREAKING: Police Arrest 8 Boko Haram Suspects Behind Chibok Girls’ Abduction by 15Ebisco: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2018
Nigeria police on Wednesday arrested eight persons suspected to have taken part in the abduction of the 276 Chibok schoolgirls in Borno state in 2014.

Channels TV reports that the eight Boko Haram terrorists who were among 22 persons paraded, were said to have been arrested by operatives of the Inspector General Police Intelligence Response Team in Borno, Adamawa and adjoining communities.

The suspects allegedly masterminded over 50 suicide bomb attacks within Maiduguri and Adamawa states.

Recall that students of the government secondary school in Chibok were captured by members of the terrorist group on April 14, 2014, an incident that triggered international outrage and campaign for the rescue of the schoolgirls.

So far, 112 of the girls have regained their freedom.

Details shortly…

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/breaking-police-arrest-8-boko-haram.html

Politics / BREAKING: Hoodlums Burn Down 2 Schools To Be Commissioned By Dino Melaye In Kogi by 15Ebisco: 11:52am On Jul 18, 2018
The Government Girls Secondary School, Sarkin Noma and Lokongoma Secondary School in Lokoja LGA which were due for commissioning this morning have been razed down and vandalized by yet to be identified hoodlums.

The renovation of the schools was facilitated by Senator Dino Melaye.

The schools were razed down and vandalized by the suspected hoodlums Tuesday night.

The girls schools were among the sixty-nine projects the Senator had arranged for inauguration as part of his three-year stewardship.

DAILY POST had reported that on Tuesday, some thugs had issued a statement threatening to stop the commissioning of the school, warning the senator not to come to Kogi.

Senator Melaye has been in a running battle with the State Governor, Yahaya Bello, a Crisis that led to his failed recall process.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/breaking-hoodlums-burn-down-2-schools.html

Politics / Ekiti Assembly Rejects Election Results, Adjourns Till October by 15Ebisco: 1:48am On Jul 18, 2018
Members of the Ekiti State House of Assembly have condemned and rejected the result of last Saturday governorship election as declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

The assembly also adjourned sitting till October 8, 2018, due to alleged harassment of members by security agents.

The adjournment followed a motion moved by the Leader of Business, Akinyele Olatunji.

Speaking at the House plenary in Ado-Ekiti on Tuesday, Olatunji described the process leading to the election and final results as unfortunate.

He condemned the harassment of Governor Ayodele Fayose, Peoples Democratic Party leaders across the state and members of the state assembly by security men.

The Chairman, House Committee on Information, Samuel Omotoso, said the election did not meet all democratic credentials.

He pointed out that the election was marred by outright brigandage, vote buying and falsification of results.

The Deputy Whip, Ekundayo Akinleye, remarked that the outcome of the election had shown that Nigerians should not expect free and fair elections in 2019.

The Speaker of the Assembly, Kola Oluwawole, described the election as a show of shame with thugs and security men openly working for the opposition All Progressives Congress.

Oluwawole alleged that figures were brazenly doubled to favour the declared winner and expressed confidence that the stolen mandate would soon be retrieved.

The lawmakers called on the security agencies to leave Ekiti State to allow government business to thrive unhindered.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/ekiti-assembly-rejects-election-results.html

Celebrities / Checkout This Hot Bikini Photo Of Kylie Jenner by 15Ebisco: 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2018
Kourtney Kardashian has continued to make many women across the globe jealous with her insanely hot body.

The reality TV star again put her body on display in a sexy bikini captioning the sizzling shot;

don’t be shady, be a lady☀

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/checkout-this-hot-bikini-photo-of-kylie.html

Politics / BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by 15Ebisco: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom at the banquet hall of the Government House in Makurdi on Monday announced that he is no longer with the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Ortom stated this while swearing in the newly appointed Special Adviser on Local Government and Cheftaincy Affairs, Jerome Torshimbe, disclosing that the APC had given him ‘red card’ to quit party.

Confirming the development to DAILYPOST on Monday, the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase, quoted the governor as saying that, “As for party, I’ve been given the red card and I’m now outside the pitch. So, if I have been given the red card and I’m standing outside, that means I’m a free man.”

DAILY POST recalls that Gov. Otom was considering dumping the APC.

The Governor is yet to disclose his new found political party, but has, however, noted that as soon as he makes up his mind in that regard, he would make it known to the Benue people.

“I don’t know what will happen next, but I’m waiting. If others approach me, then I will tell the Benue people that I’m joining another football club.”

He, therefore, calld on the people of the state to remain united and not to allow party or ethnicity cause diversion among them, stressing that God who helped him to win in 2015 is well able to see him through in the coming general elections.

“Let party or ethnicity not divide us. I’m a child of destiny and it’s only God that will decide what I will be. These challenges that we see today, we shall see them no more. All that we are required to do is not to begin to be wayward in our conduct but to move to the righteous side of God. Once we do that, things will work out for our good.”

READ MORE HERE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/breaking-gov-ortom-dumps-apc.html

Celebrities / Caroline Danjuma Steps Out In Sexy Revealing Dress (see Photos) by 15Ebisco: 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2018
The mum of four, stepped out in this green dress to an event recently. She shared the photos on IG. See more below

READ MORE HERE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/caroline-danjuma-steps-out-in-sexy.html

Politics / Fayose Won’t Go Unpunished – Sagay by 15Ebisco: 6:51am On Jul 15, 2018
Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) has said that Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State has committed a lot of sins in the last four years and will not get away with them.

In an interview with Daily Independent newspaper, Sagay said Fayose, through his language, attitude and actions, has been sinning against God especially by purportedly wishing death on President Muhammadu Buhari during his illness.

“Fayose has been sinning against God in the last four years.

“Because when you pray and gloat over other people’s illness, when others are praying and expressing their good wishes, but you are praying for others to be sick, mocking and gloating, then you are forgetting that there is a God who is listening, seeing and supervising all things and one day, you will be visited by your sins.

“Fayose has committed a lot of sins in office; in his attitude, in his language, in his behaviour and actions. I have no doubt that one day, he will be called to account for his actions because he cannot do all those things and get away with it,” the senior advocate said.

READ MORE AT>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/fayose-wont-go-unpunished-sagay.html

Politics / INEC Gives Update On Bauchi, Cross River, Kastina Bye-elections by 15Ebisco: 9:16am On Jul 14, 2018
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said it will release timetable and schedule of activities to fill the existing vacancies in the Bauchi South and Katsina North Senatorial Districts by next week.

The Commission disclosed this in a statement issued by its National Commissioner, Malam Mohammad Haruna on Friday in Abuja.

Haruna said that the Commission would also by next week release timetable and schedule of activities Ieading to the conduct of bye-election to replace a member representing Obudu 1 State Constituency, Cross River.

According to Haruna, this follows the official notifications received by INEC from the presiding officers from the Senate and Cross River State House of Assembly.

“INEC wishes to inform the public that it has today received information from the President of the Senate about existing vacancies in Bauchi South and Katsina North Senatorial Districts, occasioned by the death of the Senators representing the said districts.

“Similar information has been received from the Cross River State House of Assembly about the demise of the member representing Obudu 1 State Constituency in the House.

“The Commission will, in accordance with relevant Constitutional and Statutory provisions, issue a detailed timetable and schedule of activities next week Ieading to the conduct of the polls to fill these vacancies.”

Haruna also noted that there had been media reports of the death of other representatives in the national as well as state Assemblies.

“However, these have not been formally communicated to the Commission and no vacancies have been declared by the presiding officers of the respective Houses.”

READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/inec-gives-update-on-bauchi-cross-river.html

Politics / Ekiti Guber: PDP Governor, US Consular Storm Ado Ekiti Ahead Of Saturday’s Elect by 15Ebisco: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2018
Governor Emmanuel Udom of Akwa Ibom state and the US Consular in Nigeria, F. John Bray, have arrived in Ado Ekiti, the Ekiti state capital, ahead of Saturday’s governorship election.

This was confirmed by Governor Ayodele Fayose’s spokesperson, Olayinka Lere.

He posted pictures of the two men and wrote: “Gov Fayose with Akwa Ibom State Governor, Emmanuel Udom, who is also the Chairman of the PDP National Committee on the Ekiti election.

“#EkitiDecides2018 US Consular General, F. John Bray in a visit to Gov Fayose. He is in Ekiti State to monitor the election.”

Recall that Governor Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom condemned the reported attack on Fayose on Wednesday by the police, describing the development as a rape on Nigeria’s hard-earned democracy.

He stated that all PDP governors in the country, view the action of the police as an abuse of the constitution of Nigeria.

READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/ekiti-guber-pdp-governor-us-consular.html

Crime / ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Nigeria’s Peace by 15Ebisco: 11:05am On Jul 13, 2018
A Nigerian soldier deployed to fight Boko Haram insurgents that has threatened the sovereignty of the nation, has accused SARS of torturing his cousin to death while he was out fighting for the peace of the nation.

'SARS tortured my cousin to death, while I was busy fighting for Nigeria’s peace - Soldier lailasnews

In his tweets @jassjegs, the SARS officers who arrested his cousin alleged that he was a yahoo boy, only to change the story by accusing the deceased of a being a cultist. However after the mother of the deceased couldn’t pay the 60K bail for the release of her child, the soldier alleged that his cousin was tortured to death.

He tweeted;

While I was busy fighting for the peace of my country #SARS were busy torturing my cousin till Death. Got a shocking news entering into town now. I think am done with this country.

According to what I heard. They were picked up at about 8:20pm by #SARS took them to custody that they are yahoo boys later said they are cult members tortured the hell out of them asking till the next day. His mother went to the station they ask her to go bring 60K to bail

Just my Cousin she cried telling them she’s just a bean cake seller she don’t have such money in her position they pushed her out and threatened to lock her up when next she comes in without the Money. She left. Call several family members to tell them what is

Happening before she could reach out to those who will raise such money for her was the third day. They’ve already handed over my Cousin to Anti cultism they tortured them till my cousin gave up because he’s hypertensive. Well I rest my case here.

What are we really fighting for? When the lifes of our loved ones at home isn’t safe. #mood

READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/sars-tortured-my-cousin-to-death-while.html

Politics / Buhari Rejects Four Bills Passed By Reps, Gives Reasons by 15Ebisco: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has rejected four bills passed by the House of Representatives.

Buhari communicated his rejection via a letter read during plenary on Thursday.

The bills include the Corporate Manslaughter bill, 2018; Agricultural Credit Scheme (amendment) bill, 2018; National Child Protection and Enforcement Agency bill as well as Courts and Tribunal Standard Scales of Fines and Financial Penalties bill

Speaker Yakubu Dogara, who read the letter, said Buhari rejected the corporate manslaughter bill because its provisions were inconsistent with the 1999 constitution.

He also read that Buhari withheld his assent to the agricultural credit scheme (amendment) bill on the ground of increase of the credit therein which was initially tagged at N100 million.

The president added that the National Child Protection and Enforcement Agency bill is a duplication of duties of existing agencies such as National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).

For the courts and tribunal standard scales of fines bill and financial penalties bill, the president explained that it contradicts existing laws in place.

The lower legislative chamber recently reintroduced 11 bills Buhari withheld assent to, for the purpose of overriding his veto power on them.

READ MORE>>> http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/buhari-rejects-four-bills-passed-by.html

Celebrities / Hailey Baldwin Buys Fiance Justin Bieber A Diamond Ring Of His Own by 15Ebisco: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2018
Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin were in a mischievous mood as they visited a jewelry store in New York on Tuesday.

The newly engaged couple headed into Pristine Jewelers to have Hailey’s stunning seven carat oval diamond ring to be resized.

While there the duo larked about playing hide and seek as they waited for the model’s bling to be adjusted.According to The Blast Hailey bought Justin his own ‘JB’ diamond ring while they were at the store.

Sources say the Tommy Hilfiger model bought the ring with ‘JB’ intials for Justin to wear, along with another custom made diamond ring for herself.

Hers is emblazoned with the word, ‘Baby.’

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/hailey-baldwin-buys-fiance-justin.html

Celebrities / Wizkid Finally Meets With Drake [PHOTOS] by 15Ebisco: 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2018
Nigerian ‘Starboy’ Wizkid has finally met American rapper, Drake.

Wizkid was seen on Tuesday night partying alongside Drake as the latter celebrated his chart-topping album ‘Scorpion’.

The lavish party was held in London’s Annabel’s Club on Tuesday, July 10th.

Other stars who were at the party were Jessica Biel, Justin Timberlake, Giggs, Liam Payne and more.

Wizkid shared a picture on his Instagram page, writing “Congratulations @champagnepapi! more everything!

This had doused the speculation that both artistes were beefing after Drake was absent in both videos where Wizkid featured him in songs titled “Come Closer”, “One Dance” with Drake and Kyla.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/wizkid-finally-meets-with-drake-photos.html

Politics / Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut For Repairs by 15Ebisco: 10:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos State, Adedamola Kuti, on Tuesday revealed that consultations were ongoing for the closure of The Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos for repairs.

Kuti said the Ministry of Works would hold a meeting with stakeholders on Wednesday to discuss how to manage traffic during the period of repairs.

He did not specify the exact date the bridge would be closed to traffic or how long the repairs would last.

“The Federal Executive Council has approved the maintenance work on the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos State.

“The project has taken off already and in carrying out the work, we may at certain times be shutting down the bridge for maintenance.

“At the moment we may begin with tests on the bridge, so, we may shut it by 12 midnight on Thursday and carry out tests and some repairs and open it to traffic by midnight on Sunday,” Kuti said.

Kuti confirmed that six other damaged bridges across Lagos, were already undergoing maintenance and rehabilitation.

“We have contracts on maintenance of some of the bridges in Lagos.

“We are completing maintenance work on the expansion joints on the Coconut Bridge. We expecting the contractor to start work on the Independence Bridge in Lagos. There is repair work going on currently on the Apapa Bridge, that is, Ijora/Leventis Bridge.

“Maintenance work is ongoing on the Ijora-7up Bridge, we are also changing the expansion joints.

“On the bridge around the National Stadium area, we are putting covers to all the stolen manholes, we are replacing the steel covers from stadium to Costain,” he added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/third-mainland-bridge-to-be-shut-for.html

Politics / NYSC Certificate: Lawyer Drags Adeosun, Senate, Others To Court by 15Ebisco: 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
A lawyer, Francis Obalim has filed a suit asking the Federal High Court, Abuja, to order the sack of the Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun.

The suit came on the grounds of her alleged failure to possess a valid discharge certificate issued by the National Youth Service Corps.

Obalim, in the suit marked FHC/ ABJ / CS / 712/ 2018, applied for an order quashing and setting aside Adeosun’s appointment as a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The lawyer insisted that the Minister’s appointment should be quashed in the light of the revelation by an online medium, Premium Times, alleging that Adeosun forged NYSC exemption certificate.

Obalim argued that Adeosun cirumvented the mandatory conditions in sections 12, 13 and 14 of the NYSC Act, an integral part of the 1999 Constitution.

He maintained that Adeosun, who was named as the 1st defendant, was not qualified to be employed by the Federal Government of Nigeria either as a minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria or in any other capacity whatsoever, without first presenting a valid discharge certificate issued by the NYSC.

The plaintiff, through his counsel, Johnmary Jideobi, sought an order of perpetual injunction restraining Federal Government from further according a ministerial status to Adeosun until she presents a valid certificate of discharge regularly issued by the NYSC.

Adeosun, the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr Abubakar Malami, the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki and the Clerk of the Senate are the respondents to the suit.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/nysc-certificate-lawyer-drags-adeosun.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.