Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (288376 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2008
@Rikkyjen

Don't even say that thing about JM, have you been following the champions league?

Fernabche knocked out Sevilla, and beat Inter and PSV at home. . . you think they are a 4th grade team in europe. . that's funny.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2008
I believe wit beta crosses, drogba would have scored. Wit a beta malouda we would have scored, wit beta maka we would have more possession and they may not have scored. Simple.

Essien forward, belleti in, maka off and game on.

Malouda off, good 4 nothin kalou or swp in. Lampard for anelka. A whole different ball game.

Switchin to defense wit lamps out and obi in cost us a freakin point

Grant is clueless and frightened
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2008
JM would beat inter and Psv.

We've lost out in d CL to only 2 teams - liverpool and barca. Teams of pedigree. Only.ranieri loses to teams like monaco.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2008
Forget blaming Grant - the team was exactly the same as most Chelsea fans would pick with the exception of Malouda. The fact is that the players are just not as great as people think they are. Grant is a weak coach - but you still expect half decent players to do a job. Mourinho got them playing well with high motivation and good tactics - but it does not mean they are players that Chelsea FC deserves. The midfield was OK and dominated the game especially in the first half. If only we had two decent wingers. Joe Cole is decent but he lacks the pace to make the difference. As for Drogba - you all know my feelings on him. I never liked him from day one. His first touch is worse than Djemba Djemba. We need  two wingers. FULL STOP! We complain about Lampard and Ballack a lot but the fact is that we have one of the best central midfields anywhere. They just need the wingers to take the pressure off them sometimes. I remember that Deco and Xavi used to dominate central midfield - but that was because Ronaldinho, Messi and Guily took a lot of pressure off them. We have the defence of Champions, the central midfield of Champions and good strikers. But can we honestly say that our wingers are any better than the wingers of an Aston Villa?

Anyway, no shaking, we should beat Fehnerbahce in the 2nd game - but based on all these recent performances, what hope do we have in the semi-final. I would rather we get knocked out now so that Roman can pull his hand out of his pocket - than go through and lose honourably and boringly in the semi-final. Some of the players we have need to be exposed for the talentless freeloaders that they are. We need to stop indulging them. Player power is too much at Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:20am On Apr 03, 2008
Spot on Ibime

I expect to beat them at home too.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Damose(m): 10:49am On Apr 03, 2008
BEating them at home is not what we should talk for now, i think Grant has to talk to himself, watch JM tactes for a while he stop using his useless tacties that will never work. My fear is that they won't draw us on our own BRIDGE. i will not like the record that JM had laid to just break like that. even if the record will break i think it will be for a better club lilke LIVERPOOL, which ofcourse i know is not that easy for them. BEG GRANT TO THINK BETTER & FAST.
somze:

Spot on Ibime

I expect to beat them at home too.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Damose(m): 10:57am On Apr 03, 2008
Well my own view yesterday was i just can figure out what drogba was playing, he was just playing for himself,
he better be serious, who does he think he is?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by HNIC(m): 11:02am On Apr 03, 2008
Why was Lamps so upset about being substiituted?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Damose(m): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2008
May he is crazy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 11:50am On Apr 03, 2008
Why again play with one up front, yes Drogba is good at it but why should he need to be, whats up with starting with him & Anelka (who wouldv'e been champing at the bit to play agianst his old team).

I think we did not take advantage of a brilliant first half performance. On a better day this could easily have equalled the away Galatasary result some years hence.

I will agree that he maybe should have started Anelka from the start but he had no way of knowing that Fenerbache would be so poor to start. Dont forget that Essien hit the bar from 25 yards and both Lampard & Drogba missed headers from close range by inches. Chelsea could have been 3-4 goals up at half time. Then the headlines for Grant would have been all so different. ok

Chelsea are still favourites to procede to the semi's as Fenerbache have not won away in the Champions League all year and Stamford Bridge at the moment is impenetrable. I think we do Avram a mis-service with constant criticism. Roman is not going to change him in the short term and one feels he could do better with time.

So come on guys give the man a breakok
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by DaJunta(m): 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2008
Europe aint the premiership, grin

U guys need alot of hardwork 2 defeat these guys @ d bridge but
I would love a [color=#990000]LIVERPOOL
/Fernabache Semi's, grin[/color]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2008
I am still hurting . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by TheJackal1(m): 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ nateevs,

Why are u hurting?
Chelsea will go through at the Bridge. . . . There's an air of inevitability about that.
It is hard to see Chelsea not scoring at Stamford Bridge with a semi-final ticket in sight. . . . . . .

This stage last season, United lost 2-1 to Roma and whooped 'em 7-1 in the 2nd leg at OT.
What amazes me is why Grant cannot go 4-4-2 and test the DROGNELKA partnership.
It's becoming frustrating for Chelsea fans. . . why buy Anelka for 15 million quid if u cannot play him in tandem with DROG?

Avram Grant should also work more on the attack department.
Chelsea's wealth of talent and experience is top draw. The only difference between United's attack and Chelski's is the fluidity in their movement.
While Tevez, Ronaldo and Wazza can pop up anywhere, Chelsea's forward men remain dedicated to their pre-determined roles.
Result= turgid predictability!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2008
Banned again . . . I guess grin

Anyway the above is one of the most intelligent posts (and even without any swear words grin) I've got from you . . . and trust me, are they are ever so few.

1. I expect Chelsea to win at SB

2. I've said this before, Grant is too defensive minded or should I say scared to start a game with 4-4-2 (DrogNelka). He is a bit timid and has also failed to switch to that formation early enough in the 2nd half. This contradicts his attack-minded principle.

3. Anelka 15 million has to prove himself now, more than ever.

4. "AG should work more on the attack department" . . . SPOT ON!!! We fail to kill opponents when we have the the chance. We need more chances too. Wingers should be more involved in the game.

5. Result = Turgid Predictability . . . I wont have said this better myself.

Is this really you or have you visited a priest or something?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by akinalabi(m): 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2008
Chesea should still go through. If they don't, I'll stop backing
Grant (as if anyone cares). cheesy

I didnt expect Chelsea to win yesterday. Winning in "The Hell"
is almost impossible.

Where is the attacking play promised?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2008
You should listen to Grant more often since you are his chief backer tongue tongue

He always talks about attacking style of play. So much for that.

The saddest part of this season would be - I'd get to still see Grant next season.

I've seen good managers wrongfully dismissed and we have so little of that.

You wonder why Bates easily sacked Vialli for a poor start and Ranieri was given 3 years without showing a simple trophy through it.

The same with Jose. We've always had this curse of losing our best managers.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by vikiviko(m): 5:14pm On Apr 03, 2008
We had no business losing yesterday, but sometimesx its better we lose at games like this so we are better prepared to play United .
I believe we'll win the second leg convincingly.
Drogba was wasteful.
Lampard is tiring now.
Mike l should start thye second leg , will be more effective than makalele
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:40am On Apr 04, 2008
well . . .Drogba is my man anyday grin

thank u Drogba for ensuring that u didnt score jare wink

more of that . . . .but make sure say u score against the Mancs o wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ztyle(m): 1:23am On Apr 04, 2008
LOL, Drogba the Offsider Winker! grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2008
Mc Omo:

well . . .Drogba is my man anyday grin

thank u Drogba for ensuring that u didnt score jare wink

more of that . . . .but make sure say u score against the Mancs o wink
Of course, I expect Arsenal fans to remember Drogba forever tongue grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2008
Former Chelsea Striker[b] Mateja Kezman[/b] says thus after our loss in turkey

" Under Mourinho, Chelsea were a machine.They worked for 90 or 95 minutes without mistakesor faults. If Mourinho had been in charge of this match,it would have been different.In histime there wereno suprises. Nowthey dont have the same spirit in the team anymore. We(fernabache) are full of confidence for the second leg.We will not show as much respect for them"

Was he saying the truth or just to dampen Chelsea's morale?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 7:44pm On Apr 04, 2008
he is absolutely spot on !!!

explains why Barnsley outrightly defeated Chelski cool

the WE MUST WIN mentality aint there no more tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2008
kit,

bite me ! angry

but really, AG is a Arrow; now, does he have to make it obvious
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:44pm On Apr 04, 2008
why I no go bite u ?

when u fail to show up for my hood today wink

well . . .maybe we need to create a seperate thread for AG VS JM . . .supporters of the two camps fall in and slug it out grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:15am On Apr 05, 2008
Clarke reportedly, is fed up and ready to leave in the summer.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article3686030.ece

Disaster after disaster. , . . bad news after bad news!!!!!
All after one very bad decision
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:30am On Apr 05, 2008
THIS IS LOOKING GOOD FOR THE CHAVS . . . . grin

BERTI VOGTS DEY LOOK FOR JOB grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2008
Nateevs,
That is pretty bad news,

I had always thought highly of Clarke and wanted him to takeover some in future.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cristalz(f): 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2008
Grant happy to be unpopular

Chelsea boss unconcerned by popularity stakes at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea manager Avram Grant insists he does not care if he is unpopular among his players at Stamford Bridge.

Grant has endured a turbulent season since replacing former boss Jose Mourinho in September and Wednesday's UEFA Champions League quarter-final first leg defeat to Fenerbahce heaped pressure on the Israeli.

Following in the footsteps of popular former bosses Claudio Ranieri and Mourinho, Grant - who takes his side to Manchester City on Saturday - has always faced a difficult task in securing affection in West London.

But with Chelsea sitting second in the Premier League and with a place in the last four of the Champions League still a possibility, Grant is adamant he is not concerned by his recognition with the Blues.

"You can speak about Jose Mourinho, or you can speak about Claudio Ranieri," Grant said in the Daily Mail.

"There is not a manager in the world who is liked by all his players. Everyone has a different opinion. I don't care about this.

"If I listened to this since September, we would have won less than 50 per cent of our games.

"In football, so many people say so many things, you cannot listen to them all. Even if I won something, I don't think people would stop.

"I know it's not easy, but I never asked for an easy life."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_3386885,00.html

Awww. The guy no even send. Or is it all just an act? undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cristalz(f): 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2008
Na wetin do Drogba na? Guy's just boning like mad on the bench.Waz that even the bench? undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cristalz(f): 3:55pm On Apr 05, 2008
Hmm.With the way Man city's missed all the good chances they had in the 1st half,i'm not expecting much from them during the second.I guess its looking like a win for Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2008
Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Michael Essien's pass deflects off Richard Dunne and into the path of Salomon Kalou, who rounds Joe Hart and slots home. Seconds later and only a superb one-on-one save by Joe Hart stops Nicolas Anelka from making it 3-0.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2008
Meanwhile Chelsea is doing fine. . . I dey watch first half for pub. . . Anelka should have had a full hat-trick wetin dey do am sef?

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.