Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (288390 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:37am On Apr 01, 2008
Ibime
You made some misleading comments before and when I replied you I heard no more from you, now you have come up with a whole new one.

1. You said earlier, JM did not want to buy youngsters. Please prove this by comparing his buys with those of Ranieri and Grant. Also consider the fact that RA wanted to WIN trophies not to mold a team of teenagers. I await your eye-opening reply to this one.

2. Man Utd is the best in the world? Please can I have how you arrived at this. Please just scientific facts, stats, trophies etc something tangible abeg, No long grammar.

3. Barca was better that Chelsea? We've met them 3 times (counting both home and away during a season as once). Please do tell what team has come out on top. How do we know the better team? By wining or by game stats? Please can you show us this game stats. Once again just straight to the point, don't beat around the bush. Meanwhile has Barca ever won a Chelsea side that played 11 men? Consider the opposite scenario.

4. Please name the two defenders you can pay for Terry's wages that can replace him? NO long thing abeg. Just name them and show by statistics and by the wages they earn that they can do his job.

5. Did JM ask for a new contract or was he offered one? Yes or No please, then show your links to that also.

6. JM and Ranieri? Who has spent the most? Please consider our revenues during JM's era, Did you know our fanbase doubled in UK after we won our first EPL title?

Once again just answer the question and show your evidence, links, stats where applicable. NO long thing.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:47am On Apr 01, 2008
Just to add to that . . . Did Grant hold RA ransom for a new contract too or was he offered?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:02am On Apr 01, 2008
somze:

Ibime
You made some misleading comments before and when I replied you I heard no more from you, now you have come up with a whole new one.

1. You said earlier, JM did not want to buy youngsters. Please prove this by comparing his buys with those of Ranieri and Grant. Also consider the fact that RA wanted to WIN trophies not to mold a team of teenagers. I await your eye-opening reply to this one.

2. Man Utd is the best in the world? Please can I have how you arrived at this. Please just scientific facts, stats, trophies etc something tangible abeg, No long grammar.

3. Barca was better than Chelsea? We've met them 3 times (counting both home and away during a season as once). Please do tell what team has come out on top. How do we know the better team? By wining or by game stats? Please can you show us this game stats. Once again just straight to the point, don't beat around the bush. Meanwhile has Barca ever won a Chelsea side that played 11 men? Consider the opposite scenario.

4. Please name the two defenders you can pay for Terry's wages that can replace him? NO long thing abeg. Just name them and show by statistics and by the wages they earn that they can do his job.

5. Did JM ask for a new contract or was he offered one? Yes or No please, then show your links to that also.

6. JM and Ranieri? Who has spent the most? Please consider our revenues during JM's era, Did you know our fanbase doubled in UK after we won our first EPL title?

7. Just to add to that . . . Did Grant hold RA ransom for a new contract too or was he offered?

Once again just answer the question and show your evidence, links, stats where applicable. NO long thing.

Somze, why do you have to be so block-headed. Now you want to enter nonsense argument. Half of your points don't make sense - the other hafl are too tedious - anyway, lets see -

(1.) I never talked about youngsters, I talked about skillers - what does Ranieri and Grant have to do with this argument. Ranieri did not buy any players and Grant has only bought two - so please tell me WHAT THE Bleep ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

(2.) Who is better? - pick one from the following list:

(a.) Chelsea
(b.) Arsenal
(c.) Liverpool
(d.) Barcelona
(e.) Real Madrid
(f.) Inter Milan

If you cannot pick one, then please stop this pedantic argument. Every sports writer I know or have read has acknowledged Man Utd are the best so I see no need to carry on this pedantic argument.

(3.) Forget this argument, I have my opinion and you have yours - they are better because they showed it. They won the Champions league whilst we lost like fowls at Liverpool.

(4.) Maybe you don't know the difference between factual speak and figurative speech. Anyway, since you are so pedantic, Vidic is on £40,000. Pick any other defender who is on £100,000 and there you have it.

(5.) When did you start supporting Chelsea? Jose was offered a new contract a year into his stay because he made a hell of a fuss after falling out with Roman. I am sure Nateevs will confirm this. I no get time to start looking for Newspaper articles from 3 years ago.

(6.) Why the mess are you still talking about Ranieri - did I ever mention his name? Why are you comparing Jose to those lightweights. Why not compare him to his mates?

(7.) If your job title changes, do you not get new contract? If you change from Senior Engineer to Managing Director, do you not get new contract? Anyway, why do you suppose that because I don't like Mourinho, that automatically means I like Grant or Ranieri. Stop associating me with those fools.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 12:15pm On Apr 01, 2008
I dont have the time to trade insults or indulge in name-calling, only one person on nairaland has that privilege from me and even at that I am reconsidering my stance on the issue. So if you want to degrade yourself to immaturity, I would gladly direct you to the Man Utd thread, since you obviously are one of their closet fans.

Now to the issue . . .

1. You talked about youngsters some days back, remember? Please answer this by a yes or no.

2. Answer my question. How did you arrive at Man Utd being the best? Don't push it back at me, It lies in your court to prove what you have so stated.

3. Barca played liverpool last season, what was the result?

4. So Vidic is better than Terry?

5. Oga answer the question I asked, Did Jose ask for a new contract? Yes or No. The fall out was with the club, since they did not support him during the Barca Fritz fiasca. Please just answer the question, stop this your evading tactics.

6. I compared him to his predecessor. Oya who is his mate? Please name this person and lets start from there? I have a feeling you will shoot yourself in the foot here.

7. I thought you were supportive of both Ranieri and Grant, my bad. I take 7 back.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 1:03pm On Apr 01, 2008
somze:

1. You talked about youngsters some days back, remember? Please answer this by a yes or no.

2. Answer my question. How did you arrive at Man Utd being the best? Don't push it back at me, It lies in your court to prove what you have so stated.

3. Barca played liverpool last season, what was the result?

4. So Vidic is better than Terry?

5. Oga answer the question I asked, Did Jose ask for a new contract? Yes or No. The fall out was with the club, since they did not support him during the Barca Fritz fiasca. Please just answer the question, stop this your evading tactics.

6. I compared him to his predecessor. Oya who is his mate? Please name this person and lets start from there? I have a feeling you will shoot yourself in the foot here.

7. I thought you were supportive of both Ranieri and Grant, my bad. I take 7 back.

(1.) I talked about skillers - if they are young as well, that obviously helps. I was implicitly referring to Anderson and Nani when I compared Mourinho's signing of Malouda to SAF's signing of Nani

(2.) Man Utd are the best because they play the best football, they are top of the Premiership, the best league in the World, they will win the Premiership and more than likely the Champions League - and more importantly, they finish games in the first 20 minutes and stroll through the last 70 minutes of the match, unlike Mourinho's workhorses who have to kwatar for every single point. They are undoubtedly the best and even you sef will take the scales off your eyes by the end of the season. My anger at their dominance is what drives my dissafection for Mourinho and the RUBBISH players he has left us with.

(3.) I said Barca of 2 years ago. Man Utd were the best team last season, regardless of their loss to Milan.

(4.) Vidic is just as good as Terry. I see no difference. Do you? To me, there are about 6 or 7 defenders in the World who have a rightful claim to World's best defender and Vidic and Terry are among them along with Carvalho and Ferdinand. None of them is definitely better than the other and they all have their strong points.

(5.) I think you have answered the question yourself by admitting he had fallen out with the club. He doesn't have to ask for new contract, his advisors make that known through the press - it was clear, IF YOU WERE IN ENGLAND AT THE TIME, that the only way Chelsea could pacify Mourinho was to offer him a new contract. His advisors made that well known - just like they do now, when they say he is discussing with InterMilan - then he denies it. It is all a game to make Barcelona and Real Madrid hurry up and offer him a contract. You should know these things by now. Abi you be small pikin?

(6.) His mate is SAF, Wenger, Ancelloti, Capello, Lippi, Rijkaard, Schuster, Hiddink etc.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2008
I think you have made this clearer now,

If you always post in this manner, I wont have to sign in and start another long post.

I dont want to start a new issue but why is Wenger on that list? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2008
@Ibime @Somze

I did know all this was going on . . where I dey sef?

I saw my name some where and I will answer to it. . . . Yes Muorinho was given a renewed contract in 2005 one year after he joined.  I remember he signed for about £4. something million in 2004 and then he pushed for a new contract, which he got in 2005 for over £5m a year for five years.

I go find quotes to back up.
That's a good one for Ibime.

For the other one . . although them no call my name here o o . . but I chooke mouth. . .

Muorinho actually wanted long term and wanted to build a team . . .

The Porto coach was at the centre of a surprise approach by Chelsea's billionaire owner, Roman Abramovich, and his chief executive, Peter Kenyon, this week but has said that he feels the huge investment in the club makes it an "uncertain project".

The 41-year-old is known to prefer taking on the challenge of Liverpool, where he would be seen as the man to lead them back to former glories, much like Sir Alex Ferguson when he took over at Manchester United in November 1986.

Mourinho said: "Liverpool are a team that interests everyone and Chelsea does not interest me so much because it is a new project with lots of money invested in it. I think it is a project which, if the club fail to win everything, then Abramovich could retire and take the money out of the club. It's an uncertain project.

"It is interesting for a coach to have the money to hire quality players but you never know if a project like this will bring success."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2004/04/23/sfnliv23.xml&sSheet=/sport/2004/04/23/ixfooty.html

You see he was not always like win at all cost . . he actually relished the opportunity to rebuild Liverpool . . . and he knew the only way to bring them back to the top was to "REBUILD". . because Roman wanted victory at all costs. . JM brought the players that could do it at all cost in a short time.

Now that's a good one for Somze. .

I love this. . . . Me sef I dey act like Judge  grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2008
TIME TO REFLECT ON THE PAST GUYS. . .

Bitter memories in the life of a Chelsea fan. . . . now this is why i like skysports and Andy Gray. . .

Check this out and ask, "Was the goal in"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79FOSVZiiGE

and see what the useless referee said after the game

"I believe Chelsea would have preferred the goal to count rather than face a penalty with just ten men for the rest of the game. If my assistant referee had not signaled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Peter Cech."

— Slovakian referee Lubos Michel
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 01, 2008
hmmm!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2008
@ibime

Was it NOT the same press that says Arsenal play invincible footie. Wetin i never hear from people.

Who told you Premiership is the best league in the world? was it not the same league that the big 4 will always remain the big 4?

If you say most money-spinning? Yes, premiership is it.

If you say united play effective footie, i agree with that 100%

For years, i have been hearing that Mr wenger is the best Coach in the world. One of these days i have to look for Mrs Adeoye(my secondary shool english teacher) to tell me the meaning of "best" again and again grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2008
O-boy, I always said Man Utd were the best, regardless of what Press were saying.

Premier league being the best is debatable - but it is certainly the hardest league to win because 4 teams challenge for the title unlike Italy and Spain where only two teams challenge.

What is the difference between best and most effective?

Effective is a mechanical term that can be used to describe Jose Mourinho's Chelsea - they were the most effective - but some would argue they were not the best. Man Utd however do not play mechanically. They are the best.

My criterion for judging the best is this - can you name a side better than them. If not, then they are the best.

There is no best coach in the World - in the end, a coach is only as good as his players. IMO Rijkaard is not a very good coach tactically - but he coached the best players in the World at some point - that makes him qualified to be ranked among the best coaches in the world. Mourinho is probably the best coach tactically and mentally - but he is poor at transfer policy and he does not buy the best players - still, he is ranked among the best. Wenger is not so much a winner - maybe not the best coach - but he is a great manager - because management means longevity, building and development and financial prudence. People also forget his unbeaten team of 2003/2004 and some of the wonderful football his team played. He should have also won 2002/ 2003 easily but he messed it up with complacency. SAF may not be the best tactically, but he is good at man management and delegating - if you look closely, you will see that Carlos Queiroz is behind the new revolution at Man Utd
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2008
Hopefully Man Utd will show they are the best by wining the CL and the League.

Too bad they failed in the FA Cup.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2008
somze:

Hopefully Man Utd will show they are the best by winning the CL

I hope not - as for the league, I gave up even before the season started.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2008
With the young ones coming in, you should hold that attitude for some time wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2008
somze:

With the young ones coming in, you should hold that attitude for some time wink

This season I have followed Chelsea out of hope rather than expectation
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2008
Ibime:

1) Premier league being the best is debatable - but it is certainly the hardest league to win because 4 teams challenge for the title unlike Italy and Spain where only two teams challenge.

2) What is the difference between best and most effective?

Effective is a mechanical term that can be used to describe Jose Mourinho's Chelsea - they were the most effective - but some would argue they were not the best. Man Utd however do not play mechanically. They are the best.

3) My criterion for judging the best is this - can you name a side better than them. If not, then they are the best.

1) Which 4 teams are challenging?
Liverpool had never been a serious contender AT LEAST IN PREMIERSHIP YEARS( all hope no delivery). When did Chelsea even join the contender or God sake? i say when? Thank God for roman revolution. For many years it has always been united and arsenal, let me leave this discussion for my very good pal in Dayo kanu jare grin

2) I call them most effective NOT IN WORLD FOOTBALL BUT IN ENGLAND because they never forget the main reason of playing football. Togetherness with attractive footie BUT NO SHOW-OFF unlike the "noisemakers" grin

3) Can i? i kept my answer in the bag because it is so debatable.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2008
Akolawole:

3) Can i? i kept my answer in the bag because it is so debatable.

Please reveal this Martian mystery team to us so that we can follow them up on youtube.

First thing you say they are effective, next thing you say they are show-off. Please make up your mind so we can understand where you are coming from.

As for Italy, can you say Roma is competing with InterMilan?

Can you say Barca and Villareal are competing with Real Madrid.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2008
Akolawole:

2) I call them most effective NOT IN WORLD FOOTBALL BUT IN ENGLAND because they never forget the main reason of playing football. Togetherness with attractive footie BUT NO SHOW-OFF unlike the "noisemakers" grin

Ibime:

First thing you say they are effective, next thing you say they are show-off. Please make up your mind so we can understand where you are coming from.

You need to see specsavers,Tinubu or Gbenga Daniel for help grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2008
Where is Razoor?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2008
There can exist no other team as useless as AS Roma in the Champions League.

Man Utd have a fairly easy draw.

Let's hope Barca would be back to their best with all their top players in the side when they meet Man Utd.

Roma should be banned from the CL for being absolutely disgraceful.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 4:26am On Apr 02, 2008
somze:

There can exist no other team as useless as AS Roma in the Champions League.

Man Utd have a fairly easy draw.

Let's hope Barca would be back to their best with all their top players in the side when they meet Man Utd.

Roma should be banned from the CL for being absolutely disgraceful.

Haba, na so this United win pain you reach, Somze, . . . Damn, see as you dey hyper-ventilate grin grin grin

Una dey face una own today!. Playing Fernabache is a easy draw, but going there is the death. Their crowd is more violent than 'em Serie A fans and more noiser than the Kop

Damn, chelsea is going to a Cauldron of 50,000 noisemakers in Istanbul, How would Ya'll cope with Kezman reaering to go and rearing to put an "Aliadeiere" show on Y'all
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2008
E pain me no be small grin grin

Ok guys, what do you think about today's game . . . haven't checked the list lately, which players do we have fit?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by saisalam: 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2008
i prayed for victory today, because this will lift the spirit of the boys
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by hustler(m): 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2008
Ibime:

O-boy, I always said Man Utd were the best, regardless of what Press were saying.

Premier league being the best is debatable - but it is certainly the hardest league to win because 4 teams challenge for the title unlike Italy and Spain where only two teams challenge.

What is the difference between best and most effective?

My criterion for judging the best is this - can you name a side better than them. If not, then they are the best.

There is no best coach in the World - in the end, a coach is only as good as his players. IMO Rijkaard is not a very good coach tactically - but he coached the best players in the World at some point - that makes him qualified to be ranked among the best coaches in the world. Mourinho is probably the best coach tactically and mentally - but he is poor at

Ibime y u dey yan like dis4 teams challenge in Prem yearly and the rest 2 teams abi, Could u quickly do a check on the top 4 teams in other leagues with the point differences for the past 3-4 seasons and get back to me??

If it's based on the top 4 teams against top 4 in other leagues.maybe EPl is the best right now. But when it comes to including the remaining 16 teams sumtimes in England it's like these remaining teams play anoda tournament on their own and allow the top 4 to decide how they position themselves at the top of the league.

Mourinho is prolly one of the best coaches mentally in a way of getting the best out of his players.But tactically, he's nowhere near the best tactically. Rafa Benitez for one in the EPL beats him hands down on that. I'm of the opinion that tactics really come to the fore in cup competitions and not every week league matches. This is without mentioning coaches like Don Fabio,Lippi,Carletto e.t.c

As per tonight's game, e go hard for Chelsea, the atmosphere in dat stadium could overwhelm Chelsea. plus Kezman will be all fired up, And Grant had better put Essien on Alex or else, ANywayz i'm praying for a Barca Chelsea final,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:50pm On Apr 02, 2008
Ok Who dey?

We have Essien on the right to day again. . Na wa ooo
Let's see aw it goes
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2008
Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2008
Crucial away goal . .
More pressure guys . . more goals guys . .

Common Chelseaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2008
Essssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Oh my lorddddd
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:11pm On Apr 02, 2008
Good game . . very good game. . . I just can't pick anyone who has not done well yet. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2008
Great shot Drogba. . . great shot . . e be like say we dey SB
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2008
Drogba was selfish there. . .

Ball possession Fernabache 51 - Chelsea 49

Na the same match we dey watch?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:30pm On Apr 02, 2008
Let' put the game to bed guys . . we are letting them come back

Drogba one-on-one yeeeeeeeeeeeeeepaaaaaaaaaaa

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.