Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (287287 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Damose(m): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2008
I wonder what did DROGBA did to this ref that he could not even award one  free kick.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2008
Half time . . .
We pretty comfortable . . I just wish we can put one more goal in there. . and we are 50% there. .
Second half biko. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Damose(m): 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2008
Atleast there is still hope for us because we are playing away and i think away goal we do us just fine unlike the Gunners.
nateevs:

Half time . . .
We pretty comfortable . . I just wish we can put one more goal in there. . and we are 50% there. .
Second half biko. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2008
I want us to score again . . the pressure is building up on us. . .

Drogba should find his team mates with all the free spaces he's got rather than thinking about scoring himself all the time. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2008
Why is Drogba being selfish ? Wat is wrong with him . . ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2008
we have the possession advantage,

No. Cutting edge at goal.

Its 1-1
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2008
I knew it. . . If you have your chances and you don't take it . . that 's what happens. .

He had up to four chances to find his players in the box he kept shooting wanting to score . . now we have a problem
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2008
Watch makalele and malouda. I'm gettin less impress with them this second half. Joe cole too seems quiet.

Maka should me replaced
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2008
It's looking very very bad . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2008
somze:

Maka should me replaced

Abeg leave Maka. He is doing his job. It is your friend Drogba who is bleeping up this game. He is a fucking disgrace. Even if he scores, I am not impressed. This is the umpteenth game he has played like this this season. He should be bleeping substituted straight away. No ball control, no hard work. What a selfish arrogant prat. bleeping idiot!

As for Malouda, what a waste of space!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by donchichi: 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2008
Can someone explain why lampard was just substituted?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2008
Its in again
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2008
I said it. . . I knew it. . .
You have your chances you take them
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2008
What nonsense!

I don't know why Grant is scared to take Drogba off - WHAT DOES HE FUCKING CONTRIBUTE?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2008
My brother in-law just called me to complain about Drogba again. I am speaking to him now.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2008
Mr. Grant makes an even stranger decision . . . why bring in Anelka if you want to play 4-3-3. .

Nonsense. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2008
The fact is Drogba does not want to play for Chelsea anymore. He has proved it on numerous occasions this season. Avram Grant has even questioned his attitude. So why are we indulging him? Every fucking game he comes on rolling around the pitch like he is injured, playing nonsense (except when he can be bothered to turn up), miscontrolling every ball and every pass, waving his hands in the air all the time and flicking his fried hair like a bloody Argentinian Alice-band gay. I totally blame him for this defeat. Anelka would have finished this team off in the first half. If he doesn't finish them off himself, he will create opportunities for others. If Drogba does not want to play for us anymore, he should Bleep off, I will be the happiest to see him leave.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:40pm On Apr 02, 2008
Maka should have been substituted or malouda.

Drogba was not at his best granted.

Subs were wrong. Tactics wrong.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mukina2: 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2008
I hope you guys know that you didnt score today o grin

all three goals were courtesy of Fenerbarche grin

love the second goal grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2008
We lost . . . why did we lose . . we lost because of Drogba and he knows it. . . very stupid thing he was doing trying to score all the time. . . not even once did he pass to his team mate in the box . . . the annoying thing was that he could pass. . another was that there were team mates running into interesting positions and he did not find them now all these guys need to do at Stamford bridge is to score one goal and park the bus at in front of goal . . and suddenly we will need to score 3 times to qualify. . .

Very very heart breaking . . they weren't even special . . they were not until we allowed them be . . because we did not score the second goal . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cassiel(f): 9:47pm On Apr 02, 2008
Hey Blues. Came on over to congratulate console y'all.

I don't blame Cudicini though.If he hadn't hit the ground in a bid to dodge those blazing shots,he'd be in hospital now grin grin But y'all are lucky to have got an away goal.Will help in the return leg wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2008
@Somze

The tactics were spot on to be fair to Grant. . . I thot we were at SB at some point . .  the reason we lost is Drogba . . nothing more tonight. . even Terry shook his head after the game. . . Drogba found himself in very interesting positions. . . Drogba has to bring Malouda into play. . Maka was very fine until the pressure started building up. . . Wat would have stopped the pressure? A second goal. . did we have the chance? Oh yes we did. . . Who had all the chances? Drogba did and he single-handedly ruined the match. . He did . . you saw him time after time telling Joe Cole and Malouda that he did not see them . . Lampard ran into a very interesting position and there's no way in a million chances Lampard would miss from that distance if Drogba had fed him. . but he did not tried to score himself and told Lamp later on thaat he did not see him. . .

Big Nonsense
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nazzyon(m): 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2008
Atleast you still have the opportunity to play at home.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by danity: 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2008
That game was a disgrace and for Chelsea to have a chance, Fenerbache had to score an own goal.
Only Liverpool and Man U made their England proud.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2008
nateevs:

We lost . . . why did we lose . . we lost because of Drogba and he knows it. . . very stupid thing he was doing trying to score all the time. . . not even once did he pass to his team mate in the box . . . the annoying thing was that he could pass. . another was that there were team mates running into interesting positions and he did not find them now all these guys need to do at Stamford bridge is to score one goal and park the bus at in front of goal . . and suddenly we will need to score 3 times to qualify. . .

Very very heart breaking . . they weren't even special . . they were not until we allowed them be . . because we did not score the second goal . .

No sir, you dont need to score" three times before you qualify". All you need is a solitary goal a la 1-0 at Stamford bridge and you would be home and dry!. If chelsea scores 1-0, then the aggregate would be 2-2. The away goal rule elimantes Fernabache from the tourney.

However, its a shame that a 4th class rated team in Europe, Fernanbache can hold Chelsea down. This can't happen under Maureen lai-lai. I know many people would scream Rosenborg!!,

But at the same time thats a Group stage match, Maureen would never get his tactics wrong at this vital stage, thats one of the reasons why i admire the chap, JM is not tactically naive and tactically inept as this "Hey you" gaffer in charge at Chelsea now grin grin grin

Why am i saying all this sef? Afterall my team,United is home and dry already!! Just as Akola said, this change of guard at Cobhams/SB is making the Chiefs at OT laugh and feel so comfortable, Baba Alex himself would be happy that his tormentor-in-chief is gone. grin grin grin grin Damnn, JM's record against Baba Alex was impressive!

Anyway, Chelsea lost today, Arsenal bowed down to Rafa and they know Anfiled is not a place for the light hearted as this Assnal squad are faint hearted, featherweight hearted and even No-hearted! grin grin grin grin grin. Dammmn , my week is made!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2008
Ibime:

Name one striker that Drogba has effectively combined with in his whole career? According to a recent report in World Soccer Magazine, Drogba is one of the most difficult strikers in Europe to partner with.

Nateevs, I said it last month, everybody was shouting me down. This was my original quote. People say Chelsea don't create enough chances. I say it is because we have a striker who is absolutely rubbish at build-up play. With the amount of space Drogba had in that match and couldn't pick out teammates - if Anelka was playing, we would have scored three goals by half-time. For every goal Drogba scores, he misses another 5 chances to put team-mates in scoring positions either because he miscontrols the ball or he just doesn't have the brain to play fottball properly. A cleverer striker would have absolutely buried Fehnerbahce today. It was the same when we played Middlesbrough. Anelka is a World-Class striker who has been playing top-class football since Drogba was only a semi-professional. He must be absolutely frustrated at playing second fiddle to such a waste-pipe. Drogba has had one good season in his life and suddenly the English Press blow it out of all proportion as they usually do - by putting him in the World Class bracket. Who the hell is Didier Drogba and when did we start hearing his name. He was already 25 before anybody even knew who he was. Anelka has been a star since seventeen and yet some people rank Drogba above him. Like, you said in one of your earlier posts, Chelsea need to change their fucking selection policy.

I AM SO ANGRY! Forgive me if I get carried away.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2008
@Rikkyjen

You did not read what I posted well . . . I said all Fernabache need to do at SB is to score one goal and then WE wiil have to score 3 times to qualify. . . abeg read wetin I talk well. . . body dey pepper me oooo

Who is that person saying Liverpool made england proud. . . Liverpool played Arsenal like a championship team . . very very useless team. . they could not even give Arsenal a fight . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2008
It is very annoying Ibime. . I quite remember when you made that post. . I did not object because it's true and it showed today again . . I mean you only need to look thru my posts during the match when we were still a goal up to see aw many times I mentioned that he was utterly selfish . . . . and it was alarming.

The only way we can qualify for the semi-final is if Fernabache does not score at Stamford Bridge. . that's the only way.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Uche2nna(m): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2008
nateevs:

@Rikkyjen

You did not read what I posted well . . . I said all Fernabache need to do at SB is to score one goal and then WE wiil have to score 3 times to qualify. . . abeg read wetin I talk well. . . body dey pepper me oooo

Who is that person saying Liverpool made england proud. . . Liverpool played Arsenal like a championship team . . very very useless team. . they could not even give Arsenal a fight . .
And why are u being so negative? Why do u think Fern. would score @ SB. Even tho Chelsea lost the match and Drogba decided to give new meaning to the word "selfish" I still think Chelsea is in a better position to move onto the next phase. An away goal is always golden.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2008
Grant got it way wrong. I guess its drogba's fault we could not score a single goal. Or that ballack missed that chance. Please how will drogba bring malouda into a game. I always tot d midfield esp wingers bring d strikers into d game. We lacked a decent cross thru d game . . . Only one I can remember.

D susbs where woeful. Maka wa woeful, cole was. Normal, malouda was virtual, drogba was selfish, grant was clueless. Can any1 explain his subs? I can't!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2008
Rikkyjen
I'm wit u on jm

Name d 3 best managers in europe and he'd b there. Only SAF has been excellent this season. Other managers exposed their tactical ineptness.

.Most managers need playmakers or great names to perform but JM did it with fairly moderate players.

Hope is not lost though, we can win them at home.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2008
@uche2nna

So thinking that Fernabche will score at the bridge is being negative . . . I am not a fan that relies on hope and faith. . . take or leave it, they will score away. . because that is what they will come to do. . and the only way to stop that is to score first and score again. . and score again simple. .

@Somze.

Let's just we say got every cross right . . does it mean Drog would have scored?
If Maka was who he was in the first half . . . would we have scored?
If Malouda was who he was the first half . . . would we have scored?
If Grant took Maka out and Malouda out, would we have scored?
If Ballack had not missed his chance we would have drawn . . not won. .

If Drogba was not selfish would we have scored? Yes . . . and that is it. . . We can't expect everyone to be the same for 90mins. . . the only thing I think Grant did wrong today was to bring in Anelka and play him on the right . . but the game was already over. .

We all know that Drogba brings players into the game not the other way round . . FOR DROGBA. . . when we resort to route one football defender to Drogba. . .which we did today, who brings who into play? Drogba does. SO when you kick the ball to Drogba and he manages to control it . . and his players are running into space and he does not pass to them rather he wants to try a spectacular from 30 yards. . he will gradually take the game out of them . . they will become tired form running and nithing happen which will in turn will put pressure on the defence and that is why Maka started being pressurised. .

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.