Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,158 members, 7,957,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:58 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (299437 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by 4Play(m): 7:43pm On May 24, 2008
@eldee

Their staff must be as stupid as some of their glory-hunting fans here.Grant had a brief run of good results and they instantly gave him a more lucrative contract instead of leaving him on the terms he took the job in the 1st place.

@Somze

Idiot,why don't you go and report me as usual? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cristalz(f): 7:46pm On May 24, 2008
Roman probly thot AG was going to fill their cabinet with silverware,hence the contract.Its whoever's going to be the next coach i feel for tho.Hez going to be under a whole lot of pressure from various sides and that might produce more slip-ups than results.I wonder who the 'lucky' gaffer's going to be.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lalaboi(m): 7:46pm On May 24, 2008
grant was given the 3yr contract so as to stop the criticism he was recieving

its just a simple strategy that just didnt work!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mukina2: 7:50pm On May 24, 2008
Uche2nna:

Roman has spelt it out for them,

Any coach that comes in should be really making plans to win the CL for the guy or he would be sacked!!!!

Thats just it . .
i feel for AG sort of . because he had it all and lost it all . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 7:51pm On May 24, 2008
Cristalz:

Roman probly thot AG was going to fill their cabinet with silverware,hence the contract.Its whoever's going to be the next coach i feel for tho.Hez going to be under a whole lot of pressure from various sides and that might produce more slip-ups than results.I wonder who the 'lucky' gaffer's going to be.

I thought i was the only one who observed this!!! So you too you see am like that? grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by eldee(m): 7:53pm On May 24, 2008
4 Play:

@eldee

Their staff must be as stupid as some of their glory-hunting fans here.Grant had a brief run of good results and they instantly gave him a more lucrative contract instead of leaving him on the terms he took the job in the 1st place.

@Somze

Idiot,why don't you go and report me as usual? grin
At least the fans are not spending money
But why can't they learn from what happened with Mourinho?

The year before he left, he was offered a new contract, what happened, they had to pay millions after he left.
Now, on Monday, we'll see the press with different clauses that were in the contract
I don't know if it's just me but I can't really call them the most sensible people in English football
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by 4Play(m): 7:56pm On May 24, 2008
A lot of Roman's spending on Chelsea is in form of loans,albeit interest free. Chelsea will still have to pay back for the wasteful spending.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by presido1: 7:57pm On May 24, 2008
That's now old story, who is coming and when will he be sacked.
Am seeing another New Castle United down south. Ma tot anyway.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Uche2nna(m): 8:03pm On May 24, 2008
presido1:

That's now old story, who is coming and when will he be sacked.
Am seeing another New Castle United down south. Ma tot anyway.

I really dont envy the next gaffer, whoever he maybe. Anything short of the CL, and Roman would be screaming wolf!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mystikal(m): 8:03pm On May 24, 2008
and with JM @ Inter from monday, he's taking most of his "untouchables" with him, Essien, Lampard, Drogba, maybe also Terry, Carvalho and Cech
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mystikal(m): 8:07pm On May 24, 2008
eldee:

What I don't understand is his contract agreement.
Why give a mediocre like that a four-year contract when you needed him for only eight months?
Methinks Chelsea has the most stupid background staff in the country
beats me
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by 4Play(m): 8:09pm On May 24, 2008
I took the trouble to check on Ibime's crazy assertion that Chelsea effectively almost always concedes possession.I looked at their last 4 EPL games-Bolton,Utd,Everton and Wigan.

In all 4 games,Chelsea dominated possession.Even in the game against Arsenal at the Bridge,Chelsea dominated possession

In the Wigan game at Stamford Bridge,Chelsea dominated possession(60%) to Wigan's 40% .[url]http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_2959722,00.html[/url]

This is my problem with rabid imbeciles like Ibime.He was even questioning my assertion that Gazzetta Dello Sports has at least 10 journalists,quite frankly,they have far more than that.What an idiot.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by presido1: 8:10pm On May 24, 2008
@mystical
It will be good for the club if all those names u mentioned are sold.
No manager will cope with them cuz JM stamped his signature in their minds.
Flush and Buy otherwise they will revolt against you at one stage.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by donchichi: 8:14pm On May 24, 2008
my problem is when will chelsea start recording profits. they terminated JM's contract which means he must hav been paid off, the same applies to AG's contract who's payoff must have been larger because it was just 8months into the contract. Unless Roman really just wants trophies at whatever cost. Chelsea wastes money alot!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:25pm On May 24, 2008
What exactly is it that is so surprising . . . ? Chelsea sacked their manager or Chelsea sacked Avarm Grant. ?
I do not want to believe people thought Grant was going to last more than a season.

The same people that gave reasons why Roman sacked JM are the same that hink he is a fool for sacking Grant. I don't understand what the fuss is all about. So are saying we expect Grant to be there another season? Hell no!!!!

Roman knows why he terminated Grant appointment. This is the reason . . . which one of you guys will gladly welcome with open arms, Avram Grant in your club as manager. Now that's the reason his contract was terminated. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mystikal(m): 9:01pm On May 24, 2008
y give him a 4 year contract if u already knew you wanted his services 4 just 8 months?

Thats the crazy part
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:26pm On May 24, 2008
Why give him a 4-year contract or why tell the press he was given a 4-year contract? Do you think this was all not planned out from the beginning?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mystikal(m): 9:29pm On May 24, 2008
so the whole idea was 2 throw some extra millions away, i guess

hhmmm!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:40pm On May 24, 2008
you don't get it do you? wat i am saying is aw do u know he signed a contract? he was roman's mate remember?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mystikal(m): 9:50pm On May 24, 2008
well I think he did sign a new contract. I can readily provide the link but me think he's getting 5 million pounds payoff.

again maybe its just peanuts to Abrahomivich, right?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by akinalabi(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2008
The next manager must be ready to win the Champions league
or he will be shown the door.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 10:54pm On May 24, 2008
Avram deserve a chance! Grant is one of the most under rated and most unlucky manager i have seen with all the English media against him. No one could do what he did under such a pressure, and don't forget he had lost almost the entire 1st team players for long time. He brought us so close to win CL. Grant is the man! I hail youuuuuuuuuuu. [size=16pt]CHELSEA FOREVER[/size]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cristalz(f): 11:19pm On May 24, 2008
]Possible replacements for AG

-Frank Rijkaard

-Guus Hiddink

-Sven-Goran Eriksson

-Jose Mourinho (believe it)

[url=http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=538645&cc=3888[/center]][center]http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=538645&cc=3888[/center][/url]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:51pm On May 24, 2008
Everyone is speculating. . . the manager was already chosen before grant was sacked.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 11:52pm On May 24, 2008
4Play, I thought I told you to get thee behind me.

"I took the trouble to check on Ibime's crazy assertion that Chelsea effectively almost always concedes possession.I looked at their last 4 EPL games-Bolton,Utd,Everton and Wigan.

In all 4 games,Chelsea dominated possession.Even in the game against Arsenal at the Bridge,Chelsea dominated possession
"

If you look at all those games, you will see that Essien played in midfield. Most of the time, we play a full-pressing game when he is in midfield because he has the energy for it. You can research the games when he plays midfield and the games he doesn't and look at the disparity in possession stats. Still, all those possession stats don't mean a thing.

You had 13 shots, we had 25. Five of your shots were on target, 1 of ours was on target. However Lampards shot that hit the bar and Drogbas shot that hit the post do not count as shots on target. Neither does Van Der Sar save from Ferdinand's header. So read past the statistics dude. You had territorial advantage because we defend in our own half whilst you defend higher up.

Anyway, here are some of the Champions League stats for games that we won or did well in. If you think that what you did is special, think again.

Just click on team stats on all the links.

Chelsea (3)    -   Liverpool (2)
  44.8% Possession 55.2%

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/champions-league/2007-2008/chelsea-liverpool-231401.html

Chelsea (2)    -   Fehnerbahce (0)
  48.4% Possession 51.6%

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/champions-league/2007-2008/chelsea-fenerbahce-229686.html

Rosenborg (0)    -   Chelsea (4)
      52% Possession 48%

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/champions-league/2007-2008/rosenborg-bk-chelsea-208123.html

Yeah, they really dominated that one!

Valencia (1)    -   Chelsea (2)
  56.3% Possession 43.7%

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/champions-league/2007-2008/valencia-chelsea-208116.html

I am still waiting for a link to prove you had 65% possession in extra time. I am also waiting for a link where the experts are claiming that the better team won.

I am not going to waste my time arguing with you unless you provide such links.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:34am On May 25, 2008
Like Nateevs said, the manager has already been chosen. I wonder who it is. I hope it is Hiddink but I doubt cos if it was Hiddink, Grant sacking would have been delayed until after the Euro's so that Hiddink can step in straight away. This leads me to fear that it is either Mancini or Rijkaard, neither of whom I want.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by 4Play(m): 12:45am On May 25, 2008
Listen up . . . . let me school you on something . . . . Chelsea always have low possession stats whether we play Utd, Everton or Wigan.

Mr slowpoke,in the 19 Chelsea games immediately preceding the game on Wednesday and going back to the Carling Cup Final,Chelsea dominated possession in 16 of the 19 apart from-Liverpool over 2 legs and Fernabache.

In the light of the above,how can anybody, but an idiot, who regularly watches Chelsea claim that "Chelsea always have low possession stats"? When you have dominated possession in 16 of your last 19 games,how much more domination do you want?

The schmuck went to find the few games in which Chelsea has conceded possession as if any reasonable person would expect Chelsea to dominate possession in every single one of their games.

The paper edition of the Times on Thursday has the stats for extra-time(63/37) in favor of Utd.That was where I found out that contrary to what I posted earlier,Chelsea managed only 1 shot on goal in 120 minutes of football.I even gave them too much credit by stating it was 3 shots on target.

It also shows that Utd had territorial advantage(so much for the assertion by Ibime the slowpoke,that Chelsea maintains possession "where it matters"wink.

This fool being the cretin he is is demanding I produce other people's opinion to support my opinion.Having claimed to have figured out what Gazzetta Dello Sport(obviously,Ibime fully understands Italian) and all its journalists think of Wednesday's match,I'm waiting for him to tell me what his mother thinks about the match.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by 4Play(m): 1:01am On May 25, 2008
Ibime:

"I took the trouble to check on Ibime's crazy assertion that Chelsea effectively almost always concedes possession.I looked at their last 4 EPL games-Bolton,Utd,Everton and Wigan.

"

If you look at all those games, you will see that Essien played in midfield. Most of the time, we play a full-pressing game when he is in midfield because he has the energy for it. You can research the games when he plays midfield and the games he doesn't and look at the disparity in possession stats. Still, all those possession stats don't mean a thing.

This idiot will modify comments long after he has posted them. . . .so Essien played in midfield in 16 of the 19 games since Feb 24th?

Football is played on the pitch and not on newspapers.My simple question has been-what did Chelsea do on Wednesday that obviously shows they were the better side? Did they outscore Utd,did they outplay them,retain possession longer,e.t.c What did Chelsea do on that pitch that made them a better side?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 1:30am On May 25, 2008
4 Play. I just dey ignore you but e be like say you no want rest. Anyway I'm done talking. Of course, we had more possession in many games. At the same time, it does not mean that if we did not have the lions share we were not the better side - something I have profoundly demonstrated by showing you the stats of our games with Liverpool, Fehnerbahce and Rosenborg. I have also used your game with Barca to show you that possession is not 9/10th of the law. Man Utd were dominant against Barca despite having probably 30-something % possession. Some teams play counter-attack and some teams play on the front foot. I have told you that we play mostly on the counter. Whether we have more possession or not also depends on the team we are playing and their style of play. All those 19 games you quoted don't matter because we did not lose any of them.

I think I have conclusively proved that possession stats do not determine ascendancy so please stop bleating on about this stupid point. Only an idiot will continue to argue this point. Man Utd had 51% possesssion and still lost 3-0 to Milan last year.

I am still waiting for you to show me where the experts have said that Man Utd were the better team. I have showed you links where it says European football writers think the better team lost. Oya, you show me the same thing for Man Utd. Until then I will not be drawn into your juvenile argument
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by niyooo(m): 1:49am On May 25, 2008
@ 4play get off Ibime's case. I'm sure you both should have more constructive things to write about. And you don't have to be insultive to make your point. Ok?

To contribute to the sacking of AG, I really never saw him staying beyond this season. No matter how insensitive Abramovich wants to be he'll have seen that AG was just never really welcome by the fans moreso due to the manner he was appointed, I think it kind of seemed like he got in through the back door to replace their beloved JM. So the rejection by the fans would have bruised Abramovich ego, and he sure does have a big ego.

I really hope we don't get Rijkaard because I just don't see his type of game selling in the premiership. I don't want him to come and make us another Ass**nal. I think it'll be either Manchini or Hiddink who by the way has not renewed his contract with the Russian team and is being paid by Abramovich but I think he'll want to try his hands out with the Russians till after EURO '08 and we must remember the tournament (EURO) will be over be4 the next season and Chelsea posted on their website that they have no further comments till further notice so I think we might just be coachless till after the tourney but these are just my conjectures anyway. I guess time will tell who gets to coach our team next season.

I really don't see JM coming back to Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by DrKitaun(m): 5:37am On May 25, 2008
bastards ! angry

y'all should be happy that AG got u to where you guys got this season cool if Mumurinho had been there, he wouldnt even have smelt the finals, bu what do u have U SACK UR COACH COS TERRY AND ANELSULK CANT SCORE PENALTIES TO SAVE THEIR LIVES ? ! embarassed

I wonder how u guys will cope if you go trophyless one more season undecided maybe just maybe the whole team maybe disbanded SHAME ! tongue

THIS WHAT WE KEEP SAYING ABOUT LACK OF CLASS ! tongue

una wan claim pride of London carry Champions league shocked yeye people grin grin

I tip Rashidi Yekini as next coach of CHELSKI grin cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:38am On May 25, 2008
Look at voyeurs and scums taking panadol extra for our headache . . . crazy aint it? grin

Grant's sacking is the best thing that has happened to Chelsea's management in four years. True supporters will feel excited about the decision.

Now we can compete on the big stage and actually win

Come back Jose . . . grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.