Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,227 members, 7,957,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:09 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (299443 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 29, 2008
Hey blues, wot du yu guys think about the return of the special one to the bridge? Let ignnor dem losers and goners, don't yu think Jose is truly the special one cuz in ma veiw, he's the only one that can make us greater at the moment as he made us great already in just three seasons winning 5 silverwares an trust me,we would havewon the carling cup and the UEFA champs finals had it been Jose was here, he will never lose in final of any competetion as he is good at what he does (team managment or call it coaching).

BLUE 2 D CORE
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by hucarson(m): 5:07pm On May 29, 2008
Ten Cate sacked? Chelsea has now turned into Newcastle. angry angry angry angry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:28pm On May 29, 2008
Well it was about time . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mystikal(m): 5:33pm On May 29, 2008
nx up, roman would withdraw his support
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:34pm On May 29, 2008
and you wonder why you were thrown out of school?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by doncaster(m): 5:51pm On May 29, 2008
Peter Keyon is the problem of chelsea. Until una sack like we do for man united Newest Castle will be una next name

United Till tutumkpo
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:54pm On May 29, 2008
You're a blatant liar . . . Peter Kenyon was NEVER sacked from Man Utd.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 6:55pm On May 29, 2008
Maybe this sacking offers some clues as to who the next manager will be. Chelsea stated that the next manager will not need Ten Cate. As for Ten Cate, I feel sorry for him. He is a good coach. I don't know why Somze is hating - maybe because he thinks Ten Cate replaced Mourinho. But Ten Cate ain't got nothing to do with Mourinho. Judge him on his own merits. The fact is that Ten Cate has been handling Chelsea training sessions all season long.

Why am I reading that Chelsea have £620m debt. What is Abramovic doing? This is worrying.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by doncaster(m): 6:56pm On May 29, 2008
Whatever he is no longer with us and he is distroying chavs. English man in a russian empire.
Don't expect anything good.
FYI he told JM that he is staying and at the same time went to US to meet former german manager.
Same he did to the former french manager of chavs.
Thats PK for u.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 7:16pm On May 29, 2008
@Dr Kit, Debosky and their cohort

Can you explain to me what is called "Class" and "History" ?

I need to know this and quickly too

N.B : This question is only opened to the concerned. Thanks
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 7:25pm On May 29, 2008
Akolawole:

@Dr Kit, Debosky and their cohort

Can you explain to me what iscalled "Class" and "History" ?

Don't mind them - bloody class and history?

So every other team except Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal should just die because they have no "class" and "history"?

What an elitist load of nonsense. Fucking Uruguay have class and history in the World Cup - about 60 years ago. Should they be considered giants because they have 'class' and 'history'?

Steau Bucharest, Hamburg, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest have more class and history than Arsenal because they have won Champions League. How would they feel if fans of these clubs tell Arsenal not to bother competing in Champions League because they have no class and history?

In football, history has nothing to do with today. We have genuinely been one of the 3 or 4 greatest teams in the World over the last 5 years and thats it. Full stop.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by debosky(m): 7:27pm On May 29, 2008
Class and History?

History comes from the traditions of the club - its birth, its supporters, its teams and the victories and trophies they have won in the past - the legendary players who wore their shirts, who gave their all for the club.

Class? It transcends time - its developed over a long period, the soul and heart of the club. Its vision for doing things, its uncompromising standards - not that the club does not evolve, but it does not sell its soul - it remains true to itself.

Chelsea has some history, but 2 titles in 54 years is not on the level of the Liverpools, Manchester Uniteds, Arsenals or even Nottingham Forests in my opinion. The nature of the current wins even brings it more into question, which I'll deal with in my next post

Class? Chelsea seems to be a team being bought - only after winning for the sake of winning - do anything to win without any commitment to a set of ethos or core discipline (note it doesn'thave to be like Arsenal/Liverpool or MU) something integral to the heart of the club - it seems like one with no real soul to me. To me it had more class in the years of the Zolas, Flos, Gullit, Wise and the others, not as much now.

No one is saying y'all should not compete - this isn't about being elitist - its about having a clear cut and unique way of doing things - those are the clubs that are loved, those are the clubs that endure - clubs that hold on to their heart and soul. No one has ever said Chelsea should not compete - but to think you will get the kind of love and admiration out there as other clubs have through a cheque-book only policy will not work - bitter but true.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 7:31pm On May 29, 2008
debosky:

Class and History?

History comes from the traditions of the club - its birth, its supporters, its teams and the victories and trophies they have won in the past - the legendary players who wore their shirts, who gave their all for the club.

Class? It transcends time - its developed over a long period, the soul and heart of the club. Its vision for doing things, its uncompromising standards - not that the club does not evolve, but it does not sell its soul - it remains true to itself.

Chelsea has some history, but 2 titles in 54 years is not on the level of the Liverpools, Manchester Uniteds, Arsenals or even Nottingham Forests in my opinion. The nature of the current wins even brings it more into question, which I'll deal with in my next post

Class? Chelsea seems to be a team being bought - only after winning for the sake of winning - do anything to win without any commitment to a set of ethos or core discipline (note it doesn'thave to be like Arsenal/Liverpool or MU) something integral to the heart of the club - it seems like one with no real soul to me. To me it had more class in the years of the Zolas, Flos, Gullit, Wise and the others, not as much now.

No one is saying y'all should not compete - this isn't about being elitist - its about having a clear cut and unique way of doing things - those are the clubs that are loved, those are the clubs that endure - clubs that hold on to their heart and soul. No one has ever said Chelsea should not compete - but to think you will get the kind of love and admiration out there as other clubs have through a cheque-book only policy will not work - bitter but true.

Thank youand i am waiting for others as well

@Ibime

Please leave this for a while.

Let me do the compilation, then we will argue it out. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 7:35pm On May 29, 2008
Debosky, you have won the league thrice since I started watching football. We have won the league twice plus Cup Winners Cup. All the bloody league you won in 80's and early 90's did not reach me in Naija because no one gave a flip about English league back then. In my lifetime, till 1998, NO English team had any bloody class and history. 

Sorry, just saw your message.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 7:39pm On May 29, 2008
Ibime:

Maybe this sacking offers some clues as to who the next manager will be. Chelsea stated that the next manager will not need Ten Cate. As for Ten Cate, I feel sorry for him. He is a good coach. I don't know why Somze is hating - maybe because he thinks Ten Cate replaced Mourinho. But Ten Cate ain't got nothing to do with Mourinho. Judge him on his own merits. The fact is that Ten Cate has been handling Chelsea training sessions all season long.

Why am I reading that Chelsea have £620m debt. What is Abramovic doing? This is worrying.
It is only normal for Grant's staff to leave or be sacked.

The debt is mostly what we owe Abramovich. He's sort of giving us interest free loans wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 7:43pm On May 29, 2008
@Ibime

I wonder why you dont save this thing for now.

C'mon wait till we hear from others
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by manu4laif: 7:48pm On May 29, 2008
@Akola,
Hmmn.

This is very interesting. Comments reserved , but will come.

WAN UNITED cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 8:03pm On May 29, 2008
@Manchester UnitedForlife

Where have been man?

Congrat on your superlative performance this season cry

You guys continous absence have gave way for mediocrity in here.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by manu4laif: 8:15pm On May 29, 2008
Bros I dey o.

I have been around but sometimes when i log on i see no reason to contribute. Lots of trash talk and i just go back to other stuff. Lots of peeps chalk up posts and majority are simply well, .

Meanwhile i think you guys(chavs) made the final extremely exciting(at least for the neutrals). And the maxim it ain't over until the fat lady sings was stretched to the very last strands.

My comments will still come o. And new titles too.
cool

WAN UNITED grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 8:22pm On May 29, 2008
@ManU4life

Its disgusting at times but wejust dey manage.

we will be expecting your expert touch.

Do you guys do party for lagos?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 8:25pm On May 29, 2008
I am tired for Mr Grant, he thought he could have won the championship if he had taken over chelsea earlier. Mr Grant can fool his Nairaland friends NOT ME for he took over chelsea when we have 11 points and eventual winnier had 11 points as well.

What difference could this be?

http://www.tribune.com.ng/29052008/news/sports10.html
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by manu4laif: 8:32pm On May 29, 2008
@Akola,
Lagos was wild on that day and I feared peeps could have died that day. I have a feeling that if the game had gone the other way the celebrations might have been more intense . There were some gigs at some spots days after I think at Metro and some parts of the Island but I'd already left Lag.

I pitied you guys though . But one side was always going to do the crying so better you than us. Issue is do you think you can go for the kill next season Ie, win when you get that close. I have my views. And they are not looking  good.  lipsrsealed Yours? cool

WAN UNITED grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:47pm On May 29, 2008
Akolawole:

I am tired for Mr Grant, he thought he could have won the championship if he had taken over chelsea earlier. Mr Grant can fool his Nairaland friends NOT ME for he took over chelsea when we have 11 points and eventual winnier had 11 points as well.

What difference could this be?

http://www.tribune.com.ng/29052008/news/sports10.html
He seems to forget that he had his full squad at the end of the season wink

Anyway good riddance . . . besides it's a Nigerian paper.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:12pm On May 29, 2008
@Somze

The story was actually on UK sun yesterday, i bookmark it but cant find it.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:03pm On May 29, 2008
I read in the times today that Quaresma is Mourinho's number one priority when he takes over at InterMilan. cry cry cry

Abramovic should hurry up and sign this guy abeg.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by debosky(m): 10:11pm On May 29, 2008
You guys don't even have a coach yet and you want RA to buy Quaresma? What if the coach doesn't like him? I think you have enough expensive players foisted on a manager that didn't want them - get your coach first and let him name his targets.

For all you know Quaresma may not fit into a Mancini or Hughes line up.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:27pm On May 29, 2008
You guys here are not talking about possibilities of new managers and the ones you like and do not like. . Yeepa where una dey?

Anyways. . . even Goerge Bush has been linked to the job now. everyone is trying to make a story.

Lastest : Phil Scolari has been reportedly contacted for the Job. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:49pm On May 29, 2008
debosky:

For all you know Quaresma may not fit into a Mancini or Hughes line up.

You make me laugh sometimes

Most of the time, na you know a player does not fit into a certain team's kind of play.

Do you know your Coach claimed to be looking for Drogba,Essien,Maka before they sign for Chelsea.

By the way, what kind of players play for Arsenal? Sendros? Keown abi tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by quickygirl(f): 3:43am On May 30, 2008
babana peel, LOL!!

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:13am On May 30, 2008
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article4010874.ece

The fallout from Avram Grant’s controversial sacking by Chelsea took an intriguing twist yesterday when it emerged that the Israeli has appointed Anthony Julius, one of the country’s most high-profile solicitors and best known for representing Diana, Princess of Wales, in her divorce from the Prince of Wales, to negotiate his severance terms.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 11:25am On May 30, 2008
akola et all,

why are you wasting time with trebosky tongue
i just read his epistle on class and history; trebosky, did u forget there's this thing called "DICTIONARY" ?
what is yesterday today ? what's the arses' last 3 years today how would that bunkum you just spat up there look like when applied to ur arses' last three years
i can take strokes from manure fans but the arse fans what cheek ! with all ur class and history; plus 8pts gap in february u lot still finished below us and you has the guts to come spew shyte about class !
where's the shame when u need it ?
i remember you lot were say all sorts of bruhaha about the arse finishing tops when they have a good season.
good season my left butt cheek ! what kinda season would this be tagged for the arses ? good or bad ?
y'all are here spewing crap just because we didn't take the "failure" like you guys have be feeding with it for the past 3 years. not surprising at all !! y'all must have gotten used to it !

on to important issues;
what's up Steve C ? all these managerial issues are really hitting the spot !
anyways, hopefully we'll bounce back with a coach everybody will be 'oh and ahing' about.
and really, i don't support the idea of making purchases without a manager. probably the most meaningful thing trebosky has said on here since january ! shocked tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:47am On May 30, 2008
wormedup:

why are you wasting time with trebosky tongue
i just read his epistle on class and history; trebosky, did u forget there's this thing called "DICTIONARY" ?
what is yesterday today ? what's the arses' last 3 years today how would that bunkum you just spat up there look like when applied to your arses' last three years

If somebody as intelligent and highly educated like Debo dey yarn like that what do you expect Ajegunle drop-out to say?

I am awaiting Dr Kit's one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.