Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,570 members, 7,861,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:41 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517482 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 6:52pm On May 11, 2008
Abeg is Arsene Wenger working for Alex Ferguson, i have A feeling that guy has signed a deal to let Alex be winning the cup, and he'll be collecting back hand payments o!!

How can that man let Flamini go, Adebayor earns $35,000 a week. What kind of shit is that.

Na wa o !!! abeg make we check this man o!!!! We want Arsenal to win a trophy , with or without wenger. Mourinho left Chelsea didnt die, Rijkaard has gone Barca no go die. What is this undying love for WEnger.

WEnger needs to sit up o!! Is he not ashamed when go goes home to bang his wife and on TV alex ferguson is celebrating title. How does he keep his hard on!!! Doesn't hard on need some form of pride. Wenger is a goat.
He says he is building a club for the future, Nobody fucking cares. We want trophy's. WHen history is being read, will we see
2003, chelsea
2004 Man u
2005 (building for the future)
2006 ( Buliding for the future)

Arsenal fans , we all want the gunners to win, but we need to wake up and smell the coffee. Thats how germans followed Hitler to Nazism, are we not witnessing the Nazification of Arsenal. This club will turn to shite if that slowpoke is not called to order.

FYI
before you all start attacking me.

I dnt hate Wenger, I'm pissed off right now. I just need him called to order or kicked THA FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:35pm On May 11, 2008
@dapsycool
It is fans like you that give supporters of chelsea a bad name i have never seen you put a reasonable post on NL before tongue

@nightrider
Calm down man.I think this shit must finally be getting to Wenger because three trophyless seasons is surely hurting his repertoire it must hurt him each season to see this team messing up like this i mean when last did Arsenal have anything to look forward to on the final day of the season.This man has to be buy players for sure.

We need a CB,LB a left winger two central midfielders and a striker ooh and since crazy Jens is leaving we might need a keeper too.And enough of this Hleb isssue already if he wants to go let the bloodclot go just one good season and these players think they are the bomb an attacking midfielder that scores 10 goals in 3 seasons cannot be taken seriously.Theo scored today lets hope he fully develops and becomes a key man next season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 7:36pm On May 11, 2008
@Niterider

stop shouting urself hoarse  tongue

I thought by now u should be happy that ur new club just won the EPL . . . .what else do u want  undecided

how have u been supporting the club for donkey years and dont yet understand why EVEN IF WENGER GOES ANOTHER TROPHYLESS SEASON HE MIGHT NOT BE SACKED  undecided  cool

yes . . .we want him shaken, bu we also appreciate that he has given us much more to cheer about in our footie lives, if u dont think so, STICK TO SUPPORTING THE SCUM TEAM OR BETTER STILL, ENYIMBA FC OF NAIRALAND !!!  
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 7:40pm On May 11, 2008
@Nightie

Did you lose your bet on arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 7:55pm On May 11, 2008
A-40

I don't think Wenger fully understands. he doesn't , for him to let players leave like that shows he doesn't. he should be adding not letting go. Increase the players salaries, motivate them. When i know cristiano Ronalod is earning a hundred thousand a week and i'm earning 35 , would i give my best. NO

Football is about money. In the end when yu r 35 and no one wants you. The question will be how much did you save. Trophies will mean nothing, if you are penniless or still pinching. Thats why these guys want to maximise their income now.

Wenger is a stingy, selfish slowpoke. He gives players over 30 only one year contracts. Giggs & scholes contributed immensely to MAN U's success. aren't they over 30.

I'm waiting to see who the dunce buys this season. If he doesn't win the league and champions league . he should be banned from entering London for life.
If he does, thats the only way That man and i can ever talk again. lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hucarson(m): 8:16pm On May 11, 2008
nightrider:

Abeg is Arsene Wenger working for Alex Ferguson, i have A feeling that guy has signed a deal to let Alex be winning the cup, and he'll be collecting back hand payments o!!

How can that man let Flamini go, Adebayor earns $35,000 a week. What kind of shit is that.

Na wa o !!! abeg make we check this man o!!!! We want Arsenal to win a trophy , with or without wenger. Mourinho left Chelsea didnt die, Rijkaard has gone Barca no go die. What is this undying love for WEnger.

WEnger needs to sit up o!! Is he not ashamed when go goes home to bang his wife and on TV alex ferguson is celebrating title. How does he keep his hard on!!! Doesn't hard on need some form of pride. Wenger is a goat.
He says he is building a club for the future, Nobody fucking cares. We want trophy's. WHen history is being read, will we see
2003, chelsea
2004 Man u
2005 (building for the future)
2006 ( Buliding for the future)

Arsenal fans , we all want the gunners to win, but we need to wake up and smell the coffee. Thats how germans followed Hitler to Nazism, are we not witnessing the Nazification of Arsenal. This club will turn to shite if that slowpoke is not called to order.

FYI
before you all start attacking me.

I dnt hate Wenger, I'm pissed off right now. I just need him called to order or kicked THA FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Fantastic grin

nightrider:

I don't think Wenger fully understands. he doesn't , for him to let players leave like that shows he doesn't. he should be adding not letting go. Increase the players salaries, motivate them. When i know cristiano Ronalod is earning a hundred thousand a week and i'm earning 35 , would i give my best. NO

Football is about money. In the end when yu r 35 and no one wants you. The question will be how much did you save. Trophies will mean nothing, if you are penniless or still pinching. Thats why these guys want to maximise their income now.

Wenger is a stingy, selfish slowpoke. He gives players over 30 only one year contracts. Giggs & scholes contributed immensely to MAN You's success. aren't they over 30.

I'm waiting to see who the dunce buys this season. If he doesn't win the league and champions league . he should be banned from entering London for life.
If he does, thats the only way That man and i can ever talk again. lol

Priceless! cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Topgee992(m): 8:22pm On May 11, 2008
hucarson:

Fantastic grin

Priceless! cheesy grin

Well i am also tired.I am glad now that he knows he needs to sign good players and lets thank our luck for he has signed Ben Hafr rfrom Lyon and he is also planning to land Kompany from Hamburg a defender.He knows he is going to be on a hot sit next season.

Gunners till i fade away

I also read that Adebayor is requesting for 80,000 pounds, Does he worth it
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kene20(m): 9:16pm On May 11, 2008
That Adebayor is requesting 4 such amount is just rumours. Bad guys are taking advantage of Flamini's exit 2 cook up some stories. They re mere fabricated falacy. All the same am happy that Wenger is buying this time and 2 all Arsenal fans, Remain dedicated, Royal and keep on supporting Arsenal.   GUNNERS EVEN IN DEATH,

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 9:22pm On May 11, 2008
nightrider:

A-40

Wenger is a stingy, selfish slowpoke. He gives players over 30 only one year contracts. Giggs & scholes contributed immensely to MAN You's success. aren't they over 30.

Do you know the ironic thing?Wenger's wage is even higher than that of Fergie!If he thinks he himself is good enough to demand and obtain a wage far higher than that of Alex Ferguson,on what grounds does he insist that his players should settle for lesser wages compared to their colleagues at Man Utd?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 9:26pm On May 11, 2008
Wenger is this,wenger is that. Does wenger control the wage structure of arsenal or is it the job of the arsenal board?
Arsenal are in debt to pay for the emirates stadium o the wage structure is tight.
Arenal are the only club in the top four that dont have foreign owners so wages and signing on fees are tight e.g. it was romans private money through the club that was used to sign all those big stars like shevchenko,essien and drogba and not money generated by chelsea same goes for the money ued by liverpool to buy torres

Adebayor is on 35,000, that is okay since in the beginning of the season no one expected him to score 30 goals, it is just like saying next season bendtner will score 30 goals.Only in the summer can adebayor be given a new offer.

People are complaining that wenger should buy big naes but they forget that Adebayor was average in monaco and cost 3 million,van persie cost 3 milion,kolo toure cost 500,000, cesc was practically free of charge and these guy are world class

WENGER WILL GETIT RIGHT SOONER OR LATER AND IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM BELIEVING IN WENGER,GO AND SUPPORT THE SUPER EAGLES OR SPURS OR PORTSMOUTH

IN ARSENE WE TRUST cool cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 9:38pm On May 11, 2008
vicade:

Wenger is this,wenger is that. Does wenger control the wage structure of arsenal or is it the job of the arsenal board?
Arsenal are in debt to pay for the emirates stadium o the wage structure is tight.
Arenal are the only club in the top four that don't have foreign owners so wages and signing on fees are tight e.g. it was romans private money through the club that was used to sign all those big stars like shevchenko,essien and drogba and not money generated by chelsea same goes for the money ued by liverpool to buy torres

Adebayor is on 35,000, that is okay since in the beginning of the season no one expected him to score 30 goals, it is just like saying next season bendtner will score 30 goals.Only in the summer can adebayor be given a new offer.

People are complaining that wenger should buy big naes but they forget that Adebayor was average in monaco and cost 3 million,van persie cost 3 milion,kolo toure cost 500,000, cesc was practically free of charge and these guy are world class

WENGER WILL GETIT RIGHT SOONER OR LATER AND IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM BELIEVING IN WENGER,GO AND SUPPORT THE SUPER EAGLES OR SPURS OR PORTSMOUTH

are u sure u know what u are talking about ? undecided

Wenger has a large say in what HE CAN JOLLY WELL MAKE THE BOARD DO . . . .dont get it twisted . . .ARSENE IS ARSENAL !!! cool

AW needs to buy big cos these younger players are better off motivated by a more established player . . .what motivation would Bendtner offer Walcott ? undecided

prior to Gallas losing the plot and by extension losing his respect . . .do u know those boys looked up to him cool

Adebayor deserves more than 35k, if he asks for it THERE IS NO REASON ANYONE CAN BEGRUDGE HIM ON THAT . . .had he scored 15 goals would he have such liver undecided

no one is saying ARSENE DOESNT KNOW . . .WHAT WE ARE SAYING IS . . .ARSENE MUST GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME !!! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 9:51pm On May 11, 2008
I think Arsene himself knows he has to dig deep in the transfer market and buy big. You know since david dein(who was resposible for allt his transfers left), things on the transfer market have been tough for arsenal. David dein will never have allowed diarra leave in january. Maximum would have been a six months loan. David dein woulld have ensured flamini signed a contract by december. the highlight was the signing of rosicky before the 2006 world cup and several other key players.

Arsene needs to buy players of mental strength and KOLO TOURE SHOULD BE CAPTAIN NEXT SEASON- I THINK? undecided

Funny enough there are more chances of avram grant and rafa bentiez getting fired than arsene wenger resigning so nothing do us

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:19pm On May 11, 2008
It is obvious people like nightrider just started watching Arsenal at best in 2002 - not knowing the same Arsene, with Henry, Vieira and Bergkamp went trophyless for 3 seasons between 1998 and 2002 - 99, 00, 01 - no trophies! Still AW came back and won the double in 02 - yes he bought 5 'expensive players' then, but which player made the difference? A certain Sol Campbell bought on a free transfer!

I am not in the least discouraged - disappointed maybe, but I have implicit confidence in AW and his recent comments give me more confidence. He will buy soon enough, in the next 2-3 weeks according to him. People will continue predicting gloom and doom for Arsenal, and I will not be surprised, that is the tendency of people. I still stand 110% solidly behind my club! cool

I've seen what 'buying' does at Liverpool - 4th place, boardroom tussles over who owns the club and an atmosphere of disquiet.

I'd rather take my financially viable and secure Arsenal, with a clear vision that has been articulated over years and that will, once again, begin to bear fruit in the form of trophies in the nearest future.

'David Dein would have blah blah blah' - wasn't it under Dein that Edu (arguably much better than Flamini because he scored regularly) left on a FREE TRANSFER to Valencia? What about Pires leaving after the CL final in 2006? Was Dein not there as well?

The so called 'highlight' of signing Rosicky - what impact has it made? What crucial goals (except for one against Hamburg in the CL) has Rosicky scored for us?? Now I'm not dissing Rozzi at all, but all these comments are puerile and not based on fact.

Dein got Wiltord signed for much more than Henry, please compare his impact on the team and the fact that he also left on a FREE TRANSFER.

Edelman is gone, AW will have all the freedom to do his thing this summer, I am sure there will be many surprised folk in here soon enough.

Gunner 1915 grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by teemoe(m): 10:29pm On May 11, 2008
sorry i had to do this. . .i just couldnt help it. . .
                                   UNITED ARE CHAMPIONS. . .

THANK YOU GUNNERS FOR SLIPPING UP WHEN IT MATTERD MOST. . .

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 10:39pm On May 11, 2008
teemoe:

sorry i had to do this. . .i just couldnt help it. . .
UNITED ARE CHAMPIONS. . .

THANK YOU GUNNERS FOR SLIPPING UP WHEN IT MATTERD MOST. . .

You should not be sorry. I probably will have done more if arsenal won the league.

GOOD LUCK IN MOSCOW, ENJOY YOUR SUCCESS AND SEE YOU NEXT SEASON wink wink wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by teemoe(m): 10:59pm On May 11, 2008
I LOVE MANUTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 TIME CHAMPIONS. . .PHOTOCOPY KO EASY. . . .
. . . WHAT ARSENAL COULD NOT DO. . . UNITED HAVE DONE 4 ME!!!!!!

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nyabinghi(m): 9:03am On May 12, 2008
I personally award Arsenal the Team of the year. A team that was supposed to collapse gave United and Chelsea a good run for their money. With buys like BenArfa,kranjcar and a good striker to support Adebayor,Arsenal will be hard to stop next season. From a United Fan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nyabinghi(m): 9:10am On May 12, 2008
I personally award Arsenal the Team of the year. A team that was supposed to collapse gave United and Chelsea a good run for their money. With buys like BenArfa,kranjcar and a good striker to support Adebayor,Arsenal will be hard to stop next season. From a United Fan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 9:15am On May 12, 2008
Mc Omo:

are u sure u know what u are talking about ? undecided

Wenger has a large say in what HE CAN JOLLY WELL MAKE THE BOARD DO . . . .don't get it twisted . . .ARSENE IS ARSENAL !!! cool

Good point
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 9:56am On May 12, 2008
plastic fans are full on this board.

One good season and now people are saying they should increase Adebayor's wages. I tire for people.

Fiscal responsibility is a must, we do not have a Roman and hence we cannot be spending yafu yafu.

He should have kept Flamini?? How? We offered around £55 before tax but Milan offered £60 after tax. (tax for these guys in the UK is around 40%).

So are we suggesting that we should have offered Flamini around £100,000 a week?? just to keep him?

what next? offer Fabregas £120, offer Adebayor £100?

I beg make we talk sense.

When Wenger was winning on budget no complaint then.

Wenger should buy but sensibly we do not want to end up like Leeds did.

and before anyone forgets, this season was an Improvement on the season before. So despite losing Henry we have done better this season. I hope people realise that.

We are moving in the right direction and Wenger will get us there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 10:01am On May 12, 2008
vicade:

I think Arsene himself knows he has to dig deep in the transfer market and buy big. You know since david dein(who was resposible for allt his transfers left), things on the transfer market have been tough for arsenal. David dein will never have allowed diarra leave in january. Maximum would have been a six months loan. David dein woulld have ensured flamini signed a contract by december. the highlight was the signing of rosicky before the 2006 world cup and several other key players.

Oh my god. This is exactly the type of fan that will run a club into the ground.
David Dien has sold out to a Man U supporting russian and now you see him as some saviour?

I really tire o.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 10:07am On May 12, 2008
when did it become a crime for a player to ask for a higher wage  undecided

even Obafemi MARTINS got a better deal just recently . . .so what are u on about ?

if Fab4 could get the kind of long term contract that he did . . . . .then it cant be wrong if[b] ADEBAYOR ON THE HEELS OF A VERY GOOD SEASON ASKS FOR A HIGHER WAGE  cool[/b]

what is the meaning of Motivation  

this guy was there when we needed him most unlike the unfortunate trio of RVP, Rosicky and Eduardo . . .his 30 goals should mean something to us . . .

no one is saying the wage structure should be broken for anyone, and I wont be one to say it will be bad for Adebayor to get any less that 50k  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:40am On May 12, 2008
@Vieria

I gree with you but football market has changed and quickly too.

Ade worth more than £35k a week. Remove 40% from that, his mortgage nko? Expensive Pub in central london, Dependants in Naija and Togo.

How many goals did Rooney scored all season and how howmuch is he earning?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 11:14am On May 12, 2008
@ Vieira

Good Talk. I really wonder whether it's 'by force' to support Arsenal.Gosh, there are 19 other teams to go to.
I wonder how frustrating it is for Spurs down the road.Every year they keep spending much more than Arsenal and keep ending up below us on the table. grin grin
Read what Keano said about AW,

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1766_3545701,00.html

I still believe we are moving in the right direction.
Looking back, we could have won it, even with the injuries that affected the core of the team. tongue
Some defensive problems let us down and AW has promised to address it.
It will be laughable to expect a wholesale change in a team that finished 4 points behind the winners and only lost 3 games all thru the season.
All those stories about Ade are all untrue(at least he has come out to deny all)
AW said it all when he said, this is the saeson for AGENTS.
The rumour mill will continue to spurn all sorts until August 31.
For now, it was disappointing to lose out, but we are making progress.
The red  and white army will continue marching on!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by sirwebs(m): 11:43am On May 12, 2008
the future is bright, the future is arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ehie007(m): 11:52am On May 12, 2008
stop this future crap u arsenal boys, tell una boss to go buy matured players.

UNITED i stand
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:00pm On May 12, 2008
now y'all need to quit talking down on people . . its annoyingly disgusting !  angry

allow peeps to air their opinions as they wish to . . .for example I was bitter at Niterider, reason was Niterider was one of the most prominent gooner here befofe most of y'all came in, for him to say he is decamping cos of Wenger reeks of utter crap . . .and am sure he knows he let himself down already . .LETS MOVE ON !!!  cool

I personal feel AW lost the plot foolishly . . .Debosky feels otherwise . . . 4him feels the same with myself and A-40 . . . .DOES THAT MAKE ANYONE DISSENTING FROM UR POINT OF VIEW ANY PLASTIC  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hucarson(m): 12:26pm On May 12, 2008
@ Vieira,

U still spew tosh? I thought u should have changed by now. How can u say this was better than the last? Better in what sense? U finished without a trophy this season and u finished without a trophy last season. Besides, didn't Wenger play in the final of carling cup last season?

Isn't that a genuine 50-50 chance of winning something compared to this season when Arsenal was never favoured 50% chance of winning the league. When Arsenal were 5 points clear in February, the book makers still favoured Man United to win it so how has this season shaped better?

@ HNIC,

The last time i checked, Tottenham won the carling cup and beating Arsenal 5-1 and despatching Chelski 2-1 on their way to winning it. On this day, Tottenham has actually fared better than Arsenal. Let me make it worse, Portsmouth have done exceptionally well than Arsenal. Wenger will finish 3rd again next season as his best players will all leave by August.

@ Akolawole,

Adebayor ar 2k a week will cope with all those bills. For all u know, Ade's monthly repayment may be less than 1000 quid a month. Without taking anything away from the Togolese, i think he deserves 90k a week. Wenger is a spin doctor and very very clever for his own good. He manipulated the wage structure when Henry threatened to leave in 2006, tell me why he cannot bend it to keep Flamini or Hleb. Is Henry super-human?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 12:50pm On May 12, 2008
Adebayor is a good striker who had a great season but please don't overate him. he scored six goals against derby which forms one fourth of all his premier league goals(24)

he scored only two goals in the champions league(and both were made by tremendous assits by theo walcott against milan and liverpool). do you remember all the sitters he missed against man u even after he scored, or the sitters he missed against liverpool BEFORE he scored. Adebayor never stood up in the big games.Remember the birghmigham game, when he should have passed to bendtner but failed to score in a two on one situation-that could have been 3-1 and changed the season.

Adebayor is good because he is in a  club like arsenal where they pass the ball alot but adebayor scored like 10 goals in 11 games in january then went ahead to score only 2 goals in nine IN february and march.Had eduardo played consistently from beginning of the season till the end, he could have scored more because he is a better finisher than Adebayor.

Eduardo scored two nice goals against everton in emirates to make the game 2-1 at that point
Eduardo brought the game back against blackburn with ten men and scored twice
Remember the acrobatic eduardo goal against man city?
Eduardo had already scored twelve goals and had 8 assists in all competitions by february in his debut season.
Big players deliver in big matches which is why torres and not adebayor is the best striker in the premiership.

ADEBAYOR HAD A GREAT SEASON AND THIS IS JUST ONE SEASON. 60K PER WEEK IS ENOUGH, ANYTHING MORE IS LUDACRIS COS HE STILL HAS TO IMPROVE HIS FINISHING.

If the whole squad leaves i don't care but these are my only untouchables in arsenal team:
Cesc Fabregas
Bakary Sagna
Kolo Toure
R.V.P.(when fully fit can be a genius but rarely fit)
Gael clichy

These guys will be hard to replace if they leave.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hucarson(m): 1:00pm On May 12, 2008
@ Vicade,

Adebayor is not over-rated but i dont think 80k a week for the Togolese is a big ASK. Take out Adebayor's goals in Arsenal's goal haul and what do u have? In a season where he played as a lone striker for many months, what do u expect? When Tevez was doing the lone striker role alone(with Rooney injured), how many goals did he score? For Adebayor to have bagged 24 goals this season is a testimony to his brilliance. Drogba as a lone striker could only manage 20 league goals last season. Strikers miss goals from time to time(u cannot hang the Togolese for that) Where is the support from the midfield? Hleb, Rosicky, Walcott and Eboue did not contribute enough.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 1:08pm On May 12, 2008
adebayor is very good cool
My point is that he scored only two goals(or i think 3 ?) in the chamions league both made by walcott(liverpool and milan).
He scored six goals against derby which is one fourth of his 24
He did not score goals when they were really needed and missed a lot of important sitters.

had he scored the third goal in birghimham match with that chance, season might have been different instead of a 2-2 draw
remember the sitters he missed against liverpool in champions league and man u in old trafford after he scored.

If Adebayor scores 10 goals against derby and 4 against newcastle, it counts as only 3 points that is wwhy he needs to score more goals in the big games and Champions league(eduardo same amount of goals with adebayor in champions league)

ADEBAYOR IS VERY GOOD BUT IS YET TO ACHIEVE GREATNESS COS HE NEEDS TO IMPROVE HIS FINISHING.

80K PER WEEK IS TOO MUCH.That is what cesc fabregas earns. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hucarson(m): 1:17pm On May 12, 2008
Adebayor will improve if he plays around quality players. As a striker, he needs quality delivery to thrive. Have u seen Eboue's crosses? cheesy Give Adebayor a break. Would u have believed if someone had told u Ade will hit 30 at the start of the season? You are slaughtering Ade here, what about Van Persie who has never scored 12 league goals in his entire career? What about Bendtner who scores only when the full moon is out? In my own opinion, Adebayor was outstanding this season. Plug him in a team like Man United and u will see the difference after being fed quality passes from Rooney, Tevez and Anderson.

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.