Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,866 members, 7,862,867 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517708 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:24pm On May 10, 2008
while Emmanuel Adebayor apparently wants double or quits as far as his salary is concerned.

This one is a lie angry . Ade wants to stay he is not like the rest of the disloyal money luffers angry

"Following media reports this morning, Emmanuel Adebayor wanted to put the record straight by making the following statement.

"I am very happy here. Reports which suggest I have threatened to quit are rubbish. I love the club and the fans.

"We have a great set of players here with a fantastic team spirit. We have had a good season but next season we want to go one better by winning a trophy."

[url=http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=491302&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Adebayor+-+Reports+I+want+out+are+%27rubbish%27]Adebayor - Reports I want out are 'rubbish'[/url]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 8:52pm On May 10, 2008
Kranjcar or Arteta in that midfield will be fantastic.Our biggest problem this season has been playing players out of position.Arsene really needs to make up his mind on what he wants to do with Diaby.Eboue must never play at Right Midfield again.Whats with Rosicky sef? he is missing this Euros cos apparently he needs to go for surgery for an injury he has been nursing since January? Like that hook on Jigga's Encore:What the hell was he waiting for?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 8:53pm On May 10, 2008
@Rasputinn

u and Presido might be chasing urself on Nland . . who cares ?  undecided

why should I PM Akola cos I want to pass a personal diss across ? I said he is on cheap liquor, u quoted me, he told u he doesnt like it, AND I TOLD U, IT WAS A PERSONAL DISS . . .that was enuff for u to understand the roll  cool

I wont be one to mediate or put my mouth in ur personal bizness . . .though u are a gunner and stand up for ur club, if u get knackered I wont even look ur way, if it were to be Akola or even Jackal, I will hold brief for them  cool. . . . .I dont give two f@cks about ur posts !  cool

oh yes ! am not the admin, and also I have a right to reply whom I choose to . . . just like I dont even read some people's posts to talk of replying !  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 8:55pm On May 10, 2008
@A-40

I would prefer Kranjcar as he is more of a goal-scorer than Mikel Arteta
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 8:58pm On May 10, 2008
Either of them would be fantastic for me.Albiol would be ok too and if we can get Ben Arfa in the mix and maybe a strker i still think we would be good to go but we really need someone to take over Flamini's role.I hear some people calling Jean Makoun hell naah that dude aint Arsenal quality
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 9:06pm On May 10, 2008
Ben Arfa looks set to join us . . .and Makoun is a baller, leave levels wink

how many players appear good enuff when they first join ?

Diaby, Eboue and Bendtner should leave . .less drama jare angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 9:17pm On May 10, 2008
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1147388.ece
As disunity is creeping in the next will be the threat of own goal.
Am just admiring what is going on.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 9:48pm On May 10, 2008
trademark of crass stupidity ! angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 9:58pm On May 10, 2008
Na so e hurt you reach? grin grin
You can as well hit ur head on a brick wall who cares.
Why can't you gayners face a simple reality. The future is bleak for your team PERIOD.
Wengay fighting Hleb, how can you threaten a player that want out with a court order?
If you force him to stay he will not be committed hence own goal scenario comes to mind. tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 10:02pm On May 10, 2008
who is this gay called Presidull ? is u the president of all nitwits an retarded cretins on Nland undecided Were alaso . . . cool

This would have made more meaning;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/article1146670.ece

Wenger needs to buy one or 2 big names !  cool yes, Jimmy Greaves is echoing what I have been saying all along  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 10:07pm On May 10, 2008
he should keep senderros eboue and diaby for the carling cup run and subs for FA cup.

Ben harfa,Krancjar and Alberto aqualini(AS Roma) will make very good signings

Vincent Kompany is also a good centre back- at least in my football manager game
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:02am On May 11, 2008
I believe the Ben Arfa stories are just rumors - 16million?? for a player who hasn't signed long term for his current club? I doubt it

AW's comment that he'd 'prefer someone who already has premiership experience' leads me to believe the Kranjcar stories may be true. . .lets wait and see.
@ presido what is the 'threat of disunity'?

He said he doesn't want Hleb to go, meaning Inter either cough up a huge transfer fee or shut up. Hleb would be extremely foolish (and doesn't have the balls anyways) to say he will not play till the dispute (if any happens that is) is over. cool

It seems you read the sun like its your bible - if it said your brother was shagging britney spears now I'm sure you'd believe grin grin

Wenger will not buy more than 3 'known' names - quote me any day - these dreams of ben Arfa+Kranjcar+Makoun+Aquilani+Albiol shocked are just that - dreams.

Kranjcar - a bid will likely be made, or for Barry, depending, and maybe Ben Arfa if not too expensive - Flamini will NOT be replaced going by Wenger's latest words, at least not from outside.

A CB and a winger are the most I am expecting, then of course, one unknown young signing.

@ rasputinn

I think your wife needs to do a better job calming you down wink grin

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:11am On May 11, 2008
@ AK

with due respect, while Rijkaard has won back to back titles and the CL - he has done it with a superstar squad, expensively assembled and all, he has not had an equal duration in the game or established a well known trend/develop players like AW has done.

You claim most of the players were stolen - was Henry stolen at Monaco? Or Trezeguet? What of the transformation he caused in average players? coaching is not simply about discovering a baby in its mothers womb - converting potential into true world class delivery doesn't happen very often, except with the best coaches like AW or Fergie.

Deco, Ronaldinho, Messi, Puyol, Valdez, Eto'o and co. . .who wouldn't win something with them?? Yes he's won a more significant trophy (the CL) but with al due respect, a 5+ year coaching experience is not enough to compare with people like Wenger.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by joeb1(m): 12:33am On May 11, 2008
This is the first time i am seeing debosky say something meaningful to me. Apart from sentiment, AW is a good coach who develop talents into world class footballer. E.g nobody new henry when he was at juve. But he bought him & made him a world superstar. But RJ had world class players in his squad & u must expect him to win something.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dangermous: 12:43am On May 11, 2008
Only those wey no dey watch football na im no know henry for Monaco.
It wasn't that much of a gamble as people seem to assume. There is a reason Arsenal
paid ten million pounds for the brother in 1999.

Besides, it was Madrid or Juve competing for his J. Hancock when he was at Monaco.

Shit player he sure wasn't/
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:27am On May 11, 2008
@ dangerrat

of course people knew Henry at Monaco - who discovered him there? AW - who made him into one of the best players in the world after he stagnated in Juve? AW. Don't try to re-write history wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Ibime(m): 1:42am On May 11, 2008
joe b:

E.g nobody new henry when he was at juve. But he bought him & made him a world superstar.

Hehehe - o-boy no make me laugh o! Everybody knew Henry. Only ignorant English journalists claim otherwise. Didn't he thrash Newcastle in UEFA Cup in 1997? And he did the same to Man Utd in CL in 1998 when Monaco reached the semi's. Didn't he win World Cup in 1998? Plus he was playing with your brother Ikpeba at the time so you should have definitely known him. £11m in 1999 was not a joke.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dangermous: 1:50am On May 11, 2008
Mr. Adelebo,

shush my friend.

My point is, Henry was not shit prior to his arrival at Arsenal.
Besides AW might have discovered him, but Tigana nurtured him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by joeb1(m): 9:44am On May 11, 2008
@ibime try and get me point. We all know when he was playing in monaco, juve & when he played at d 98 world cup. What i am saying is that the world never really recognised while he was playing then. Even when he won d world cup, he was not nominated has fifa best 3 not until he was @ arsenal. Then AW coached him & made him known to d whole globe what a player he his. So get that into ur head.
UNITED FOR LIFE
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dapsycool(m): 1:16pm On May 11, 2008
Pathetic thread. Nothing to talk about, except dreams that would never come true, No sane player in the whole world would like to play for arsenal at the moment, Your team is filled with undiluted rubbish. Like i said last year that you would not win anything come 2008, i'm telling u again, you aint winning jack come 2009. Arsenal would be trophyless for nothing less than 5 years more. Ya'll should get it into your skulls that the 3rd and 4th position you and liverpool compet for would be tougher next season, perhaps uefa cup becomes your only hope or you even start to fight against relegation. I remember when you were on top of the table and after winning Ac milan, the whole world never rested.
My one and only CHELSEA, even if we don't win the premiership, we are proud fighters, against all odds, we are gonna finnish on point with Man u at worst. CHELSEA Fc of the 21st is the glory of the premiership, we making it tougher.
I'll be back
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:44pm On May 11, 2008
debosky:

@ AK

with due respect, while Rijkaard has won back to back titles and the CL - he has done it with a superstar squad, expensively assembled and all, he has not had an equal duration in the game or established a well known trend/develop players like AW has done.

2) You claim most of the players were stolen - was Henry stolen at Monaco? Or Trezeguet? What of the transformation he caused in average players?

3) coaching is not simply about discovering a baby in its mothers womb - converting potential into true world class delivery doesn't happen very often, except with the best coaches like AW or Fergie.

4) Deco, Ronaldinho, Messi, Puyol, Valdez, Eto'o and co. . .who wouldn't win something with them?? Yes he's won a more significant trophy (the CL) but with al due respect, a 5+ year coaching experience is not enough to compare with people like Wenger.

Mr Wenger is a good Coach by all standard but most gunners attribute even the creation of heaven and earth to him grin

2)if you have to go by that ideology many Coaches/ex-players will be genius. We mustbe grateful to Odegbami for enforcing Kanu to our Under-17 handlers in 1993 then. Mourinho must take the credit of of Deco and Manich's potential then. Thiery was just a bloody winger in that team. He was in that monaco team NOT because he's good but his French nationality. tongue

3) like wenger has converted Lauren to a full back after his very good exploits in La liga abi?

4) Its not "how long" but "how well". By the way, i am not making comparison between Arsene and Frank
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:45pm On May 11, 2008
Unknown Henry1

One day, they will say Kanu is unknown before he joined Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 2:00pm On May 11, 2008
dapsycool:

I'll be back

Like we care,please get lost already
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 2:06pm On May 11, 2008
ARSENE KNOWS . . . . cool

@Akolawole

who knew Deco and Maniche before Porto's exploits with the UECL winning team undecided I mean . . .who the f@ck were they undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 5:16pm On May 11, 2008
debosky:

@ dangerrat

of course people knew Henry at Monaco - who discovered him there? AW - who made him into one of the best players in the world after he stagnated in Juve? AW. Don't try to re-write history wink

Arsene Wenger was the person who "discovered" Henry? That puts a whole new spin to the term,discovery. grin

Mc Omo:

@Akolawole

who knew Deco and Maniche before Porto's exploits with the UECL winning team undecided I mean . . .who the f@ck were they undecided

Deco was well known way before Jose took over.I give Mourinho some credit for Maniche though.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dangermous: 5:34pm On May 11, 2008
4 Play:

Arsene Wenger was the person who "discovered" Henry? That puts a whole new spin to the term,discovery. grin

Deco was well known way before Jose took over.I give Mourinho some credit for Maniche though.

Sharrap there. Well known ko. Well known ni.

Na so una go dey throw lie all over the place in the name of argument.

Mourinho is a genius. Fini.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by javaprince(m): 5:46pm On May 11, 2008
What is Arsenal doing about next season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dapsycool(m): 6:10pm On May 11, 2008
I don arrive!
What's all the talks about who did this and that. arsenal is shit, arsene is dumb and arsenal fans,they don't know jack. They can't see beyond that kolo
man called arsene, the guy got mental problemS, that's the koko of ya downfall,what team are you building when each year you loose your best players,Flamini don go, hleb dislikes your no ambition attitude and he's almost out too. What you got left? Useless Gallas,Calamity Toure,Adebayor the beans seller,retarded Ebue,out of form van pee shit,walcot the pius ikedia,come next season, your most expensive singing might be Martins, Arsene wenger can't do you any good, i'm beginning to suspect he hates arsenal, sack him now!
Meet me in Moscow
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by javaprince(m): 6:16pm On May 11, 2008
dapsy whatever.
Let me tell you if you know anything and i mean anything at all. "You'll know that you don't kick a man while he's down".

Furthermore everyone knows that Arsenal F.C plays one of the best football in Europe. Next season shall be how Redemption time. Pity you, filled with so much Venom.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dapsycool(m): 6:28pm On May 11, 2008
Javamessenger, That's what you've been saying, next season, do you know tomorrow never ends. You have no future. And the barcelona i watched against man you plays better football. Moreover do they award trophies for teams they play good football. Hell No!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 6:38pm On May 11, 2008
As much as I hate to admit it, I think the Arsenal fans on NL are the most loyal fans yet.

Come rain, come gloom, come 4 seasons without a single trophy . . . whoops I almost forgot the Amsterdam tournament and Emirates cup . . . they still firmly stand by their club.

I think that is surely noteworthy. NL would be an emptier place without you . . . or not. tongue

Cheers to ya'll cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 6:43pm On May 11, 2008
HATEM BEN ARFA , NASRI< SAMUEL ETO"O,

IF ARsene WENger HAs ANy FUcKINg SEnse HE'll BUY These PLAyers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.