Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,677 members, 7,862,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517578 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 1:23pm On May 12, 2008
@Vicade

do u know what u are saying at all  . . . undecided

how many goals did Adebayor score and how many against Derby  - - -6 what an analysis  shocked

Adebayor is the best striker in the Premiership, just like Ronaldo is the highest goalscorer, stop spewing sh@t  cool

u even have the temerity to be comparing Dudu to him . . .hmnn  embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 1:31pm On May 12, 2008
Fernando Torres is the best striker in the premiership and not Adebayor. Fernando scored in most of the Big games and not just getting a huge bunch of goals against weaker teams like derby. Torres even scored 33 goals in all competition and this is his debut season.Adebayor scored 30-which is quite impressive.

Emmanuel Adebayor is second best.

As par eduardo, he scored 12 goals and 8 assits in his first season at february. Go and look at Adebayor's past records in arsenal.

YET again Adebayor is very good and i love his style of play as a player but his finishing has to improve and he needs to score  in big games.

Scroing a lot of goals against the bottom teams is very impressive but he needs to score against the big teams and score more goals in the champions league: where he has only scored 3 goals in like 18 appearances or something.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by randa(m): 1:39pm On May 12, 2008
teemore i do not know how old u are but the way u are throwing tantrums around arsenals forums is just plain disrespectful, yes u won the league, then what, its guys like you that give the game a bad rep, guess what, yesterday, i and my friends stood up in my house and gave man u are resounding round of a plus when the trophy was handed to united, at my place where fans from chelsea, liverpool et all, we followed the games on ait and setanta sports news, we congratulated the man u fans that came to see the game at my house and hugged till next season only for me to go the bedroom and log on and i see the trash u put on, try and be matured and cultured in your support for your team and not brash, anyway congrats fro a beautiful season, hope u triumph in moscow
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hucarson(m): 2:03pm On May 12, 2008
@ Vicade,

U are bent on disrespecting Adebayor and i won't let u do that even though i support Man United. Adebayor is a work-horse and a great finisher. He is even better than Cristiano Ronaldo in front of goal. Are u aware Ronaldo had 131 shots on goal in the league and scoring just 31? U begin to wonder what happened to the remaining 100 shots aimed at the goal. . . . In the final OPTA stats. . . . Ronaldo has 24% goal/shot ratio same as Adebayor. Torres(25%), Santa Cruz(25%) and even Yakubu(29%) are more deadlier in front of goal than Ronaldo. Give Adebayor a break and stop comparing him to Eduardo who couldn't stay fit to rescue his team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 2:08pm On May 12, 2008
Everyone has their opinions and sometimes my opinion will be that their opinion is rubbish.

Someone is comparing Rooney to Adebayor and also comparing henry to Flamini.

The difference is that before Rooney and Henry started to get the mega bucks, they had proven themselves for more than just one season!!!

The moment you start increasing wages anyhow after one good season, then everyone will want a wage increase.

If Adebayor is worth £80k after one season then please tell me how much should we start paying:

Clichy?
Sagna?
Fabregas?
V.persie?

Or do you think they will just sit quietly?

and what happens if the next season Adebayor does not play well? will we be able to reduce his wages?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 2:16pm On May 12, 2008
@ Hucarson
I am having a laugh  grin grin grin
So, the spuds have had a better season than us because they won the Milk cup
and Pompey too has done better because they are appearing in the FA cup final
Hell, Cardiff too has done better, may I include Barnsley also. grin grin grin
Take a look at the league table and see where the Spuds are.
Back in August, after they spent 16 million quid on Darren Bent and we let Henry go,the pundits said the Spuds will replace us in the 'Big Four'.What happened? The Spuds finished 11th(Couldn't even make top 10)
Its disppointing not to win a trophy, but last year we were 21 points off the pace and this season we were just 4 points behind the champions.
If we had won the milk cup, we would be a bit happy that we dint go trophyless, but for God sake, the CC is not what Arsenal should be aiming for. embarassed embarassed embarassed
I insist, it was a better saeson than the last.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 2:18pm On May 12, 2008
finished 4 pts of the top spot.
83 pts in toal
went further in the CL

I think that overall is an improvement over last season.

or how can this be disputed?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 2:28pm On May 12, 2008
I am not  disrespecting Adebayor but only saying the obvious.

He has scored only 3 goals in 18 champion league appearances

He scores more goals against the weaker teams and less against the stronger teams-when it really matters and some times his finishing and decision making can be very poor but only on very few and important ocassions e.g. against birgminham, liverpool and man u

Adebayor is very good and as an arsenal fan i think he will be the next african player of the year but giving him 80K per week is just ludacris.

Eduardo had his leg broken so this is not about him staying fit. There was little he could do about that martin taylor tackle.

Good thing is that martintaylor can now be breaking legs in the championship. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hucarson(m): 2:29pm On May 12, 2008
@ Vieira,

Rooney had a poor season but United will not cut his wages. Adebayor is a quality striker. A modern day trojan horse who only needs a decent player to feed off from. The only way Adebayor will fail to flourish next season is if Wenger does not sign quality players to back the Togolese up. What is wrong in rewarding a striker that performed above Wenger's expectation. You kept mentioning Clichy and Van Persie but these lots have been at Arsenal well before Ade. Mind u, RVP is yet to score 12 league goals since he was born in 1983. Sagna has just one season under his belt. Fabregas is young and has a long contract ahead of him to retire on. Ade deserves more than 35k.

@ HNIC,

Arsenal are not better than Liverpool, Everton, and Reading. In the league, if u don't come 1st then u can as well consider it a woeful season. Spurs had their own problems but against all odds, they trounced Arsenal 5-1 and won the carling cup. A trophy is a trophy. I'd rather ma club end up with the carling cup than end up trophyless for 4 years. There's no difference between teams that finished in the 3rd position and the 11th position. I cannot understand why u feel Arsenal's season was better than the last. This was the worst season under Wenger. He reiterated that on Arsenal TV.

@ Vicade,

Cristiano Ronaldo did not score a single champions league goal in his first 3 seasons at Man United. Today, he is the highest goal scorer. What does that tell u?
Give this guy a break. All this theory about him scoring more goals against weaker teams does not prove anything. Do u expect Arsenal to play conservatively against Derby or Fulham? Normally, caution is thrown into the wind against teams like this so the attacking football will flourish whereas against teams like Milan or Barcelona, the manager will be cautious how he bombs forward. Sheeeeeeeesh******* this is pure logic.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 2:32pm On May 12, 2008
hucarson:

@ Vicade,

. Give Adebayor a break and stop comparing him to Eduardo who couldn't stay fit to rescue his team.

@ Hucarson
How can u say that about Eduardo
He couldn't stay fit to rescue his team
Please go and see that terrible tackle again from Taylor and revert.
What a shame?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:32pm On May 12, 2008
cheesy

Tottenham had a better season than Arsenal cheesy cheesy Who would have thought someone would say that cheesy cheesy Well in reality, the highlight for the Spuds this season was the 5-1 thrashing they gave Arsenal (for their fans it was better than the final itself grin). So all in all, with Bebertov leaving them, and with them finishing like some 40 points behind us in the league, WE SHOULD BE SCARED OF WHAT THEY WILL ACHIEVE NEXT SEASON shocked shocked (I guess winning the Carling Cup is a big motivation to go on and win the UCL and league).

As for Pompey cheesy cheesy

Basically, that statement was the best i have read today.

By the way, i am also enjoying all this, Ade deserves this and that stories , The boy has 1 good season and all of a sudden he should be paid 80k cheesy cheesy[b] Na wa oh!![/b] Believe me if Ade was in a team like Milan or Real M, even with his 30 or so goals, he would have been stoned by the fans for all the glaring misses, just like Hleb will see that other footie fans/managers will not be as forgiving of him when ever he makes one of those trademark impossible passes that he is fond of. tongue tongue

If Ade wants that much of an increase, he should go to United.

Don't get me wrong, players should be rewarded for their hard work, but they need to show consistency, let Ade show some improvement next season, and i will personally mail him my salary to join with his own grin grin

grin GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 2:42pm On May 12, 2008
@ Hucarson
How can say there is no difference between 3rd and 11th
Please someone help me out here. grin grin grin
Top 4 qualifies for the money spinning champions league.
and please which team has stayed trophyless for 4 seasons?Certainly not Arsenal!!!
Come on mate, u know it, AW couldn't have said this was his worst season.Maybe he said he was disappointed.
It was a better season and please I would rather my team in the CL than finish 11th grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 2:49pm On May 12, 2008
hucarson:

@ Vicade,

Cristiano Ronaldo did not score a single champions league goal in his first 3 seasons at Man United. Today, he is the highest goal scorer. What does that tell u?
Give this guy a break. All this theory about him scoring more goals against weaker teams does not prove anything. Do u expect Arsenal to play conservatively against Derby or Fulham? Normally, caution is thrown into the wind against teams like this so the attacking football will flourish whereas against teams like Milan or Barcelona, the manager will be cautious how he bombs forward. Sheeeeeeeesh******* this is pure logic.

Cristiano ronaldo is a winger and not a striker and since you know about logic you should be able to figure out why ronaldo can be excused.

So, does that justify why he missed sitters against liverpool and man u? Does this justify why he could not score against chelsea in stafford bridge or at the emirates? There is a difference between not having chances and not taking chances in big games.Adebayor is more of the later.

Adebayor is a good striker once again and i am not taking anything away from him  but he needs to up his game and deliver more in the big games and champions league like torres only then can 80k per week be fair.After all his 30 goals won us nothing so why up his salary to  80k?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hucarson(m): 3:00pm On May 12, 2008
@ Loyika,

At the drop of the season's curtain, what the fans will be demanding is trophys and titles? Tottenham will show their cup, Man Utd will show their Premiership trophy, Pompey will certainly show their FA cup but will Wenger show his fans? 83 points? Are you kidding me? How many players score 30 goals a season like Ade did this season? I am beginning to see why players leave Arsenal. U guys don't appreciate what u have got until they leave u.
Ade deserves 80k a week!!!!

@ HNIC,

I saw Eduardo's injury but what has that got to do with Adebayor. Okay-ok, Saha would have scored 50 goals this season if he wasn't injured. grin Players should know when to make contact ball and when to withdraw their feet in tackles. I just don't enjoy players that hug/romance the bench due to one injury or the other. They dampen the spirit in their team.  

My friend, there's no difference between the 3rd and the 11th. Do u really think Tottenham was hoping to break into the BIG 4 way back in August? Maybe u need to listen to Keegan's post-match conference last week. Top 4 qualifies for what? Money-spinning what? U are obviously naive about these competitions. Over the past 2 years, the Premiership has eclipsed UEFA. Derby County will make more money relegating than Man Utd winning the champions league. I won't be surprised if the rich teams in Europe form their own super league in the coming years as the much talked about Champions league is now a hogwash. Apart from the prestige, money is no longer the motivating factor especially for English clubs.

I didn't say Arsenal has finished trophyless for 4 seasons. . . .I said 4 years. cheesy cheesy

@ Vicade,

It doesn't matter where Ronaldo plays. Most of the time in Europe, he was being used as a striker cos Rooney had to do defensive duties to cover Evra or Brown.
Ronaldo does not track back so i know what i am saying. Adebayor needs to up his game(u keep repeating yourself) but would u have predicted he would score 30 goals in August when the season kicked off? Sheeeeeesh**********His 30 goals won u nothing because pasta-brittle boned players like Eduardo, Van Persie and Bendtner didn't contribute enough. United's attack(The Holy Trinity) have scored 77 goals this season alone, this is because Rooney and Tevez contributed their own quota. After Adebayor, who do u have next in line. . . Fabregas!!!! Contribution( miserly 13 goals all season).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 3:12pm On May 12, 2008
hucarson:

@ Vicade,

It doesn't matter where Ronaldo plays. Most of the time in Europe, he was being used as a striker because Rooney had to do defensive duties to cover Evra or Brown.
Ronaldo does not track back so i know what i am saying. Adebayor needs to up his game(u keep repeating yourself) but would u have predicted he would score 30 goals in August when the season kicked off? Sheeeeeesh**********His 30 goals won u nothing because pasta-brittle boned players like Eduardo, Van Persie and Bendtner didn't contribute enough. United's attack(The Holy Trinity) have scored 77 goals this season alone, this is because Rooney and Tevez contributed their own quota. After Adebayor, who do u have next in line. . . Fabregas!!!! Contribution( miserly 13 goals all season).

So are you saying he deserves 80k per week after only one season?

He scored 30 and i did not expect it so kudos to him. But had he scored 15 goals in the most important matches such as against birghmiham(third goal) or against chelsea(away) or against liverpool champions league(at home) and so on, who knows what would have happened. But six goals against derby wont change anything(same 3 points anyway) but one more goal or that assit to bendtner in the birghmiham game could have changed the season. Had he scoed all those sitters against man u and liverpool, who knows what would have happened.

GOALS ARE NOT ALL ABOUT AMOUNT, THEY ARE ALSO ABOUT TIMING.

After all, andy johnson scored 21 goals for crystal palace in the premiership and they still got relegated.

Adebayor is a proven goal scorer but can he score in the big matches? Guess we have to wait till next season to find out.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hucarson(m): 3:24pm On May 12, 2008
@ Vicade,

Adebayor will score in big matches if his teammates do what they are paid to do. Adebayor has done his job, it is left for Hleb(doesn't contribute much as far as goals r concerned), Rosicky, RVP,(Another Saha), Bendtner(pants) and Walcott(over-rated) to do their jobs effectively. Adebayor added another dimension to Arsenal's attack. This season, i saw Sagna & Flamini putting quality balls in the box for Adebayor to head in. The lad has improved and Wenger should up the ante to motivate him. This is what Fergie does very well. Wenger should wager him scoring 40 next season and push his wages to 80k and letz see if Ade won't score. I don't see Ronaldo leaving Man United anytime soon, his next challenge is to score 50 goals next season. Ferguson knows how to keep them firing.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 3:39pm On May 12, 2008
Okay enough of all this adebayor money talk

back to transfers. I heard yaya toure is on the books of arsene wenger. Apparently he had a trial with arsenal some time back and some of his videos on youtube are awesome. I am just concerned about Gilbertos future

Wenger should send Kolo toure to yaya toure to do the deal. After all blood is thicker than dollar cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hucarson(m): 3:51pm On May 12, 2008
Yaya Toure at Arsenal? Forget it!!! One, he won't be cheap(Wenger loves em cheap). Secondly, he won't opt for Arsenal where Wenger treats some players as first-class season and treats the rest as 2nd class citizen. Expect players like Mputu, Ideye, Bala Ezekiel and Marcus Bent.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 4:00pm On May 12, 2008
hucarson:

Yaya Toure at Arsenal? Forget it!!! One, he won't be cheap(Wenger loves em cheap). Secondly, he won't opt for Arsenal where Wenger treats some players as first-class season and treats the rest as 2nd class citizen. Expect players like Mputu, Ideye, Bala Ezekiel and Marcus Bent.
If he could spend so much on stupid reyes, stupid jeffers and average wiltord and walcott, i dont see why he should not splash cash on yaya toure. I hope kolo toure is aslo an advantage and there is a new coach in barcelona who might want to get rid of him-hopefully.

But yet again, you have a point. Wenger loves em cheap but mputu and co will be playing for the under 18's or the arsenal womens team.a good wig and constant shaving will do the trick grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 4:31pm On May 12, 2008
@Loyika

am not saying Adebayor is worth 80k . . .what I am saying is he is worth more than 30k . . . .have you forgotten that he is African footballer of the year-elect grin grin

so can we all lobby Wenger to go halfway . . .80 - 30 = 50 . . .way to resolve it add 50/2 = 25k

total it up 30 + 25 = 55k

55k sincerely cant be too much for him . . . .not that he is asking for it anyway . . . grin

P.S how much does Obafemi cop at Newcastle undecided embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 5:15pm On May 12, 2008
21st century slavery tongue

No wonder it was very difficult for Kanu to pay his concil tax. he was even owing his Driver 2 year's wages.

Once a Gunner is also a miser tongue tongue grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 6:22pm On May 12, 2008
Akolawole:

21st century slavery tongue

No wonder it was very difficult for Kanu to pay his concil tax. he was even owing his Driver 2 year's wages.

Once a Gunner is also a miser tongue tongue grin tongue
Just like other Nigerian players, he's suffering because he was extravagant. . .
Kanu just left Arenal when he came to Naija and burnt money on his wedding, forgetting mortgage people don't understand 'i'll see you later' cheesy

vicade:

If he could spend so much on stupid reyes, stupid jeffers and average wiltord and walcott, i don't see why he should not splash cash on yaya toure. I hope kolo toure is aslo an advantage and there is a new coach in barcelona who might want to get rid of him-hopefully.

But yet again, you have a point. Wenger loves em cheap but mputu and co will be playing for the under 18's or the arsenal womens team.a good wig and constant shaving will do the trick grin
Lol@women's team
They're champions you know, for like the umpteenth trophy
Anyways you've got to admit that Wenger's avoiding mistakes now
It's hard on him too, the club is owing, he cant just risk any money right now
Any bargain he strikes now must be in favour of the club's accounts, either by performance or by motivation(i.e Gallas)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 6:30pm On May 12, 2008
Spurs had a better season than Arsenal.Gaynners are forgetting what football is about-trophies.

Its not difficult to see why Gaynners will forget this most fundamental point-that trophies are the only thing that matter.

Recently,Gaynners have been consoling themselves by crowing,'we won the 83 points total cup'.By that measure,Liverpool were a better side in '06 than in '05-in the former,they finished 3rd with 82 points while in the latter,they finished 5th with 58 points.

This season is an improvement on last season but that is neither here nor there.Arsenal,after 3 years,are back to where they began their trophyless run.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 6:31pm On May 12, 2008
Debosky

you make me laugh. The problem with us Arsenal fans is that once someone questions what Wenger is doing at the club he automatically is labelled a traitor.

that quote Arsene Knows is what Arsene WEnger has used to blindfold all of us. I am an Arsenal fan, thats why i care. if i didnt care iw ouldn't say shit. The fact that i am mad shows i have a passion for the club, with or without Wenger.

When ALex Ferguson went 3 seasons without winning the league, wasnt it suggested that the Glazers should sack him, tht he had past his prime.
There is no coach that is immune to abuse when he fails. or else they get into a comfort zone the way Wenger is right now. When Nigeria plays rubbish, dnt you abuse the coach. Does it mean you are not a Nigerian. So debosky and co yur statements hold now water.

Wenger can only show a committment to win when he shows a committment to players.

Lets see him bring in Ben Arfa, Lets see him bring in Eto'o, LEts see him bid for a good defensive midfielder, then we will know he wants to win.  

Let me ask you Debosky what if WEnger doesn't win the league next season. WHat will Happen?

Let me tell You what will happen. He will sit put , Arsenal fans will back him and he will try the same stupid unwinning formula all over again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:05pm On May 12, 2008
@ Nightrider
So, with Ben and Etoo,and a few others, we will win
Truth is this, no ne is happy about going trophyless this season.Even the gaffer isn't .
Now what do we do?Should we get rid of the gaffer?If we do, who would replace him?
Isn't that another rebuilding process?Or will anothe manager come to Arsenal and do the Mourinho thing.
Get rid of everyone and buy all the best players in the world and boom! we are champs again.
AW has had his own fair share of criticism.It got to a level where he spoke out and said, he refuses to be disrespected.
FOR ME.RATHER THAN A WHOLESALE CHANGE TO THE TEAM, I WOULD LIKE US TO ADD TWO OR THREE PLAYERS WHERE WE NEED THEM AND PRAY FOR AN INJURY FREE SEASON.
Come on, imagine if Sagna,Rozzi,RVP and Dudu were all fit for the run-in.
Methinks we would have won the EPL this season.
The AW I know would not buy more than 3-4 players for next season(no wholesale changes).
Meanwhile Ben arfa yes, but Etoo, no way!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 7:21pm On May 12, 2008
HNIC:

@ Nightrider
So, with Ben and Etoo,and a few others, we will win
Truth is this, no ne is happy about going trophyless this season.Even the gaffer isn't .
Now what do we do?Should we get rid of the gaffer?If we do, who would replace him?
Isn't that another rebuilding process?Or will anothe manager come to Arsenal and do the Mourinho thing.
Get rid of everyone and buy all the best players in the world and boom! we are champs again.
AW has had his own fair share of criticism.It got to a level where he spoke out and said, he refuses to be disrespected.
FOR ME.RATHER THAN A WHOLESALE CHANGE TO THE TEAM, I WOULD LIKE US TO ADD TWO OR THREE PLAYERS WHERE WE NEED THEM AND PRAY FOR AN INJURY FREE SEASON.
Come on, imagine if Sagna,Rozzi,RVP and Dudu were all fit for the run-in.
Methinks we would have won the EPL this season.
The AW I know would not buy more than 3-4 players for next season(no wholesale changes).
Meanwhile Ben arfa yes, but Etoo, no way!

Exactly what I was telling some pips the other day
A squad-change will really affect the team negatively
Trophies? It's all about growth, blending and movement.
Not just buying a whole new squad in one season, ask Claudio Ranieri

No winning team was built in one season

And those manager questions. . .hmmn
How many managers in this world can you count that are better than AW?
Financial terms, foward thinking, fan entertainment, trophy winning, it's really hard to find a replacement
If this dude goes, we'll change more coaches than Newcastle.
Remember Barcelona and Real are still waiting to steal him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chriz(m): 8:32pm On May 12, 2008
@hucarson

There is a big difference between 2nd, 3rd, 11th etc. This is not the NBA. Meanwhile the league is the bread and butter. Don't spin just for the sake of an argument.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:45pm On May 12, 2008
@ nightrider

You still failed to address my assertion - where were you when we went trophyless 99-01? Were you also baying for AW's head then or you were not yet a fan?

Let him bring blah blah blah - what if he brings them and doesn't win? what will you say then?

There are no players who can guarantee trophies - ask Liverpool for all their wheeling and dealing didn't win a thing and ended up worse than last season.

Granted AW is in arguably a more secure position than Fergie in some respects (when he doesn't win that is), but that is because of the fundamental difference in structure between OT and the Emirates - AW facilitated and brought forth his vision for a new ground, he has moulded the club in his image.

Let him bring so and so. . .I ask again, what if he doesn't win?? So by bidding for these players that ALL KNOWING Nightrider has chosen, Wenger would have shown you (the Alpha and Omega of Arsenal FC) that he wants to win? Abeg get off your high horse - who did he buy last season that made you believe for 3/4 of the season that he wanted to win? Was it Nordveit, or Eduardo or Sagna whom most if not all Arsenal fans knew nothing about? Chelski that bought Malouda, Anelka and co, did they win?

And one more thing, I do not calling you a traitor for questioning AW, I myself have questioned a number of decisions this season - why play Dudu on the wing or RVP on the wing when they were far more effective in the center in the games they played? Why stick with Eboue all season when he was a completely useless idiot? Why rush Kolo back while Senderos was having a good run of form?

@ MC Omo

Adebayor deserves 80k because?? Didier Drogba collects only 75k at CHELSKI of all places, and is a more finished product so why should Ade collect 80? Even Fabregas doesn't pick up 80 - he is still on 75K so what makes Ade so special? This is one of the reasons I'm not sad to see Flamini go - if he got the 75k he wanted, all the other players would want the same, especially since some of them are more integral to the team than he is.

And you're comparing him to Martins?? Tell me - is Martins worth more than Drogba?? Yet he is paid more at 90k - due to the foolishness of Newcastle, I don't want such at Arsenal thank you.

@ HNIC

You are one of the most astute guys here, keep it up. 4 POINTS BEHIND THE LEAGUE WINNERS AND A CL QUARTER FINAL (arguably decided by dodgy refereeing decisions) is a very good, albeit trophyless season.

@ All

I know y'all are uspet at another barren (trophywise) season, but so is Wenger - I repeat, not in the 10 years in charge at Arsenal has he made the kind of bold and categorical comments he has made recently. He is as mad and pissed off as the rest of us, and is INTENT on improving where we have fallen short.

Where were all of you from 99 till 2001?? Did you all slink away as fair weather fans? Get some guts and stand behind your club!

Gunner 1915 cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 8:56pm On May 12, 2008
Debosky,

I knew that Arsenal wasn't going to win the league this season. I said from the very first game. You can't win a league with a thin squad, it's impossible. Players get tired, Players get injured, if you like you can do dry fasting, players will still get injured. You need a big squad. and we had that when we won the league the last time. The squad is really thin.

Once the first 11 are gone , you got only like 3 more players who can really really mix it amongst the best.

I'm not saying Ben arfa and Eto will win us the league. I'm saying purchasing players of the same type of quality will prove to us that he has learnt from the mistakes of the past 3 seasons. We need players. Call Wenger God of coaching ( which he mos def aint)
We need players.

Check how many games these boys play. UEFA, FA , CArling, LEAgue and you think they wnt be tired. It was obvious FAbregas was physically drained.

And who do you bring on to replace him denilson.

Abeg Debosky , wake up man, is wenger dating you or sumthin. This squad we have has nice players, but not enough.

Its not Wenger's style of play that has cost us the league, Its his inability to bolster his squad. Thats because he's a proud asshole who wants to take credit for molding everyone that becomes a star.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:44pm On May 12, 2008
He's proud and wants to claim he moulded players?? Did he mould Sol Campbell, Gilberto, Bergkamp, Adams, Keown and other greats? Did he mould Pires or Vieira? Did he mould Overmars? Your comments are beginning to get really bitter and incoherent.

My man your pain and hurt has blinded you and caused you to make blanket condemnations. I ask you - how many players were lost between 2004 and 2005 that we didn't retain the league? Or between 2005 and 2006 that we went from second to fourth?

Player this and that, rubbish. What is this fabled 'same type of quality'? I ask you again, did you know ANYTHING about Bacary Sagna before he came to Arsenal and showed he was the best RB in the league?? I don't know why all of a sudden you have become the determiner of what a 'quality' player is and what isn't.

What is wrong with Denilson if I may ask? We had more than our fair share of injuries this term, that is what cost us, and not a 'thin squad' as you all claim - Denilson, RVP, Rosicky, Eduardo, Diaby all had LENGTHY lay offs. . .that kind of quality cannot be simply bought over night in the transfer market.

Ok lets assume you 'knew' we wouldn't win the premiership, why weren't we hearing these cries then? all of a sudden we should all bow and accept your divine opinion?? Ok, we did not win the premiership, but did your 'all knowing' self predict we would only be 4 points short? I bet you were one of the people crying that spurs will finish above us because they bought more players.

Wenger IS buying players, so is every other squad, so this your 'buy players' mantra is getting tiresome. It does not solve ANYTHING as Chelski, Liverpool and most spectacularly Spurs have shown this season.

The past three seasons CANNOT be lumped together, anyone who takes half a second to ponder will see that! 2006 was a complete write off, except for the CL run to the final, 2007 was as a direct result of moving to a new ground and coping with the massive changes at the club. 2007/2008 is the first real season we've had in ages, and so on the basis of that I DISAGREE with your doomsday preaching.

AW WILL buy players, they may not meet your all knowing standards, but a work in progress will continue.

Once again you avoided my assertions, did the so called 'thin squad' prevent us from winning from 99-2001 or for 2003? please get back to me on that. Your arguments are light - there are numerous factors that led to our demise this season, to narrow it down to players alone is highly simplistic and naive.

Gunner 1915 cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 10:33pm On May 12, 2008
debosky

as badly as a i want Arsenal to win the league next season. i cnt wait to say i told you so if Wenger does he usual stupid tactics.

Arsenal has become Super Eagles every failure is building for the future.

Your gunner 1915 till i diw stance doesn't impress me. rather i have the opinion of you that yu r easily brain washed by people you admire. Wenger isnt gona win the league next season, with this same crop of players.

Helbs almost gone, flamini is out. If that Nigga dnt buy. HE'll be watching sir Ferguson celebrating an 11th title. And you mr debosky will be giving me this same old tired ass argument in favour of wenger's second place for 3 years, one title win and another 3 year barren run style. Real men win the title and defend it. Real menget to champions league semi final consitently. Pussies give excuses and talk about the future.

We need Wenger to sit up and no amount Holla Balloering from you can change the Fact that he came in 33333333rrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddd.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:59pm On May 12, 2008
@Debosky

I dont even know what to say . . . grin

ok . . .lemme try sumtin' tongue

U FOOL, DID U EVER SEE ME SAY ANYWHERE ON THIS THREAD THAT ADE DESERVES 80K tongue grin

P.S WENGER IS A BLOODY PROUD FRENCHMAN THAT GOT US NOWHERE THIS SEASON . . . .BUT HE MUST GET IT RIGHT THIS COMING SEASON tongue grin

P.S why u just dey continue to dey praise CHIN abi na HNIC be hin name undecided when did u become a praise singer, abi u don dey learn Adedibu style of amala politics tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.