Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,769 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517695 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 4:02pm On May 14, 2008
According to reports on Daily Mail website,hleb has put in a transfer request to leave arsenal because London is too noisy for him.

If this is true,I think arsene wenger should buy him some ear blockers and he should stay indoors after training.

Rubbish excuse angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cristalz(f): 4:17pm On May 14, 2008
@debo
Missed you too dearie kiss grin grin

@Muki
I never said anything's wrong with grooming youngsters(jeez,you really do need goggles!). I said its wrong when the sole purpose of grooming them is to sell them off at a later date when they've matured a little or a lot,as the case may be.And its a bloody sin when its a gaffer who does that.When the coach so obviously has no deep loyalty to his club,pray tell,why on earth should the players have? Fergie's young players were groomed by someone yeah,but when and where did you see or hear that Fergie sold off his young,still growing talents to a big club?He invests their youth and skill in his club,not ship them off like quality tokunbo. Don't even start attempting to compare Fergie with stingy Wenger.

Told ya girl,its happening again just like last season.Flam's gone.Rumors are flying about Fab leaving.Hleb leaving.Ade will leave if a big club comes to him with the right amount,trust me.Arsene is so selfish he doesn't even pay his players what they really deserve.How won't they leave when better offers come?Then you say they are greedy.Abeg,will so-called love for the Emirates pay the high bills and put expensive food on the table?Get real.I told you,don't trust any player who professes 'loyalty' to Arsenal.They never mean it.Its just for good publicity grin

Happened to be listening to Brila Fm this afternoon and this lady with a really annoying fake accent said Vieira commented on Arsenal,said AW doesn't pay the players what they're really worth.Said when therez no incentive to stay and work hard,the players don't put in their best and they begin to seek greener pastures.The problem isn't that the players aren't good enough,they just lack proper management and good incentives.Methinks they lack good finishing skills too grin[i] Still beats me why Vieira keeps involving himself in Arsenal's affairs[/i]

Finally my dear,do me a favor.Imagine Ade playing in Rooney's place on United's team.Now imagine Rooney playing in Ade's place on Arsenal's team.What do you see?If your analytical and imaginative senses are on tight,you'll definitely see what i see.Ade could never come within smelling distance of Wayne Rooney's class in a looong time tongue So put that issue to bed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 4:31pm On May 14, 2008
Vicade
hahah you got me laffing grin Hleb wants to be a cry baby like Reyes? tongue

Criz
sharrap dere tongue
blah blah blah grin I was only giving you examples na. I asked you to name them abi?
name them oooo . .You cant compare Wenger to Fergie . not in a million years . . cool
Wenger is loyal to the club . .Arsene's Arsenal . tongue. He does not sell them on purpose apart from the kids on loan . most of whom never made it to the first team. Plus the youngsters want to leave , you expect him to tie them down?

Flam has gone, With all this rumours hitting us daily . am surprised we still have a team grin. Everyone has their own . If hleb wants to leave . let him leave haba! Must we find wrapper for them cry babies? No player is irreplaceable.
Fabregas is not leaving . we all know he may end up going to spain later on in his career not just yet . He still has many more Gunner seasons to come .

leave the lady alone grin grin grin Let them talk . .Viera can say what he likes na . he owns himself . . Why cant they move on forget arsenal haba . na by force? He still loves the club but i think he should be concentrating on Euro and Serie A angry

Missy greener pastures uh?

We can really see that grin

Ohh Rooney to Ade again . i am not talking of any other season but this 07/08 Ade takes it for me . tongue and you know that . the Only Man player that i wont compare Ade to is CR7 but Ade is gettting there . . tongue

how's ur head? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cristalz(f): 4:39pm On May 14, 2008
@muki
I had forgotten why they call y'all gaynners dumb.Now i remember tongue grin grin

My head's ok,thx.

Let's 'sit back and admire' how the transfers unfold wink grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 5:52pm On May 14, 2008
@ cristalz

You sure can make outlandish statements! So u earnestly think AW grooms youngsters to sell them later. he doesnt need to do that sweetie, I can't even remember recently any player we sold that didnt pay his complete deserved dues to the club maybe Flam recently.
On on about being stingy, Where does it say Arsene Wenger "owner" (or even "shareholder"wink on the AFC portfolio? Nowhere, because he doesn't set the transfer/wages budget, guess what? Neither does Benitez, Grant, MOyes, Sven or even "Sir". AW works with what he is given by the Board every season, when you're in the initial stages of debt servicing on a massive new capital venture (that's the Emirates to you, sweetie) you tend not to throw cash around willy-nilly. I'm sure in your fantasy world, however, managers can splash down whetever they want for transfers, and then double the debt created by signing their guys to 100k per week contracts. Because it's just money, right? Someone somewhere will print you some more when you need it, right? Only a fool wd  think arsenal should attempt to out-Abrahamovitch the Russian, that kind of 'fiscal responsibility' given our present financial status ends you up in Leeds territory. In its present state, L'Arse provides one of the most attractive propositions to any new owner looking to acquire - they have already made their major stadium outlay, they have a 130 year history which includes many glories, they enjoy global brand recognition and they have a management team which knows had to keep the club strong and still compete. We're on the right path financially. and just Assuming Usmanov or Kroenke decide to up the tempo and take control - which, unlike the Glazers or the nightmare that is Tom Hicks, will not involve financing through the acquisition itself - Arsenal will take its preferred place among the elite.

I love cristalz as a drink! Have fun!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:07pm On May 14, 2008
Cristalz:

@muki
I had forgotten why they call y'all gaynners dumb.Now i remember tongue grin grin

My head's ok,thx.

Let's 'sit back and admire' how the transfers unfold wink grin

hehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin

I have been relaxing since tongue its all this link posters with their transfer rumours jumping all over the place tongue i wonder why you all can't let us be in peace grin

Mystical
She is scummie na what do u expect? wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 7:13pm On May 14, 2008
HLEB aint going nowhere grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 7:16pm On May 14, 2008
he shdnt go anywhere, his valued services are still very much needed

but just incase, london is still very loud for him, and he thinks milan is less noisy, we will wish him well. he won't be irreplaceable!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 8:08pm On May 14, 2008
Hleb has no final ball and can't pass to save his life. I think he is missing Rosicky. I dnt want him to leave though. Cause a midfield with BEn arfa hleb rosicky and fabregas , would be beautiful
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nazzyon(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2008
Barcelona is fast becoming a no go area.

Premierleague players are ignoring any news connecting them to the club and their players e.g Eto'o, Toure and on are willing to leave the club.

Even adebayor said he is flattered that their were news linking him to the club but he doesn't have intentions of going to the club.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:56pm On May 14, 2008
nightrider:

Hleb has no final ball and can't pass to save his life. I think he is missing Rosicky. I dnt want him to leave though. Cause a midfield with BEn arfa hleb rosicky and fabregas , would be beautiful

na wa o . . . shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 1:11am On May 15, 2008
Hleb can't pass , more like he doesn't take shots at goal, Hleb had a pretty high percentage of accurate passes this season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:41am On May 15, 2008
you see how pain has blinded some peeps? Hleb can't pass - very soon they will say he has no ball control grin grin

Yaya Toure? I doubt it, but if he did become available, that would be an excellent addition, but not till his groin surgery though, I don't want another Tomas 'sicknote' Rosicky in the squad.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:33am On May 15, 2008
nightrider:

Hleb has no final ball and can't pass to save his life.

OMG. I can't believe what I just read.
As much as I believe that if Hleb doesn't believe in the cause any more he should go, Hleb is an EXCELLENT passer of the ball.In fact, let me go further, while Cesc controls the midfield,Arsenal's creativity in the last third of the field is marshalled by Alex.
Watch any of Arsenal's matches this past season and you would see what I am talking about.
What lets him down is his inability to shoot at goal.I really don't know what makes him afraid to take a shot.
I said it earlier that even when Hleb has beaten the goalie, I still expect him to pass to a team mate grin grin
Watch the match vs manure again at OT, where he meandered thru their defence and gave a 'no look' pass to Ade, only for Ade to roll a back pass to VDS
If Hleb has no final ball and can't pass to save his life, Why the hell does Inter want him
To save him from the misery of living in noisy and chaotic London
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 8:13am On May 15, 2008
Hleb can not pass? Go and watch Man Utd vs Arsenal where he was going round Evra as if he is not there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:28am On May 15, 2008
Errr!?

Cristalz what about Guiseppe Rossi And as for Paddy V I guess Arsene was so bad that Paddy decided to stay at Arsenal for 9 years GO FIGURE!!

Randa

Is mytv that good, thinking of jumping the DSTV ship, but not quite sure of HITV, so would appreciate your views on MYTV. Thanks bro cool

Nghtrider grin

Now i understand how you get your views on Arsenal grin HLEB CAN'T PASS!? What next, Cesc can't pass grin Theo can't run grin Keep the flag flying bro grin

Gunners

Has any other player left yet

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 12:16pm On May 15, 2008

[I asked you to name them abi?
name them oooo ]

This na propa woman mata grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2008
Intel has it that its because HLEB CANT PASS that they want to buy him grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 1:04pm On May 15, 2008
@ loyika
No one has left after Flamster.
Even the Hleb rumours are slowly dying out.
I am sure the gaffer has told him what it involves, if he wants to buy out his contract.
I know AW won't want to let Hleb go.
and I am sure he must have warned him to talk more intelligently next time.
London is noisy and chaotic my foot!!!, Then why Milan?he should move to Wigan, where everywhere is qiuiet and peaceful or just go back to Belarus grin grin
Let's see how it goes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 1:41pm On May 15, 2008
oh yes . . .Loyika was tongue-in-cheek about that question jare grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2008
Mc Omo:

Intel has it that its because HLEB CANT PASS that they want to buy him grin grin

Hahaha
Very funny
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cristalz(f): 2:54pm On May 15, 2008
@mystical

Sweetie? Ok. Hey honey grin Your ramblings in that post absolutely don't change the facts i laid down about AW.Seems you're the only gaynner that is still delusional on the issue of AW's stinginess.Even guys that aren't serious about soccer know AW is stingy.And if Vieira could confirm it,dude,who art thou to dispute it? tongue grin

As for your players paying their 'complete,deserved dues to the club before leaving',(LMAO at that),none of your players who left gave satisfaction with Arsenal as a reason for leaving.Always dissatisfaction in some way or the other.In translation,they've still got more to give to the club but they feel it'ld be a waste of their time because the club neither appreciates their efforts nor shows any real desire to win silverware.Poor Flam must've been so frustrated with Arsenal that he gave the first reason that popped into his head-noise pollution! Really hilarious grin grin Anything to get out,right?

@loyika
What about Guiseppe Rossi?He was happy at United.Fergie wanted the youngster to have more experience,so he loaned him to Newcastle.Fergie later decided against extending Rossi's loan at Newcastle after being left frustrated at Roeder's reluctance to use the youngster more often despite a number of injuries to the Magpies' other forwards. As you can see,Fergie truly cares about his players unlike AW.He wasn't just hankering after money like your greedily stingy gaffer.
Later that month, Rossi returned to Parma on loan until the end of the season, hoping to help play his part in saving his old club from relegation from Serie A, as well as get some first team football. He achieved both of those things and helped raise his profile further, so much so that he left United in search of regular first team football .

http://www.4thegame.com/club/manchester-united-fc/player-profile/5233/giusepperossi.html

Rossi was not on the first team.Flam,Vieira,Henry,Reyes,Bergkamp,Pires,Ashley were all on the first team.Rossi never even had plans of leaving United till his profile soared when he went to help his old club.He got used to the limelight and didn't want to come back to being a little in the shadows.How does that compare to your players who were already first team stars?Dissatisfied first team stars.They had it all except the trophies and enough pay.So they left.Please leave Rossi out of this because the circumstances surrounding his departure and your players' are way different.Fergie acquires young talent,grooms them,invests them in the club and pays them real well till age starts knocking.Ask Giggs and Scholes.Roy Keane too.Even Ruud.How old was he when he left?Definitely not a youngster.Arsene picks young talent off the street (good), grooms them (good),pays them in his stingy way( bad) and sells 'em off without a fight when the players get frustrated (terrible man) grin grin And y'all expect to win trophies?Na beans? I still get really pissed at Wenger for letting Aliadiere go.That dude is talent.Could get better too.Yet AW lost him,as usual.

As for your Paddy,where is he now?When you're talking long-term,think Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes. I'm sure Paddy stayed on inspite of,and not because of Wenger.Go figure tongue

Gosh,Arses,quit arguing blindly with me already! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 2:57pm On May 15, 2008
When I say Hleb can't pass, i dnt mean he cannot pass the ball from one player to another.

HLEB CANNOT GIVE A THROUGH PASS THAT LEADS TO A GOAL DESPITE ALL HIS BALL CONTROL. LET US CHECK THE NUMBER OF ASSISTS HE HAS. FABREGAS HAS 20 . HOW MANY ASSISTS DOES ALEXANDER HLEB HAVE? FIND OUT

He controls the ball well. But for him to give a pass that leads to a goal from all that ball control is absolutely impossble. Maybe he'll learn it next season, but as of this season , he just couldn''t do anything except control the ball. YES I SAID IT. HE CAN"T SHOOT, CAN"T SCORE< CAN"T HEAD AND CAN"T GIVE A THROUGH PASS THAT LEADS TO A GOAL TO SAVE HIS LIFE.

IF ALEXANDER HLEB COULD PASS FOR GOALS TO BE SCORED> FOR ALL HIS BALL CONTROL HE WOULD CERTAINLY BE AS GOOD AS ZIDANE.

off all the players who annoyed me this season, Hleb was certainly one of them, for all tat artistry common man give a decent through ball. SO Adebayor can score. You marshall the midfield, Give a through ball. Fabregas doesnt run around as much as him, but Feabregas has a final pass { EMPHASIS ON FINAL) FINAL PASSES LEAD TO ASSISTS. FAb Has 20 . PLEASE how many does HElb Have?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tboy1(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2008
nightrider:

When I say Hleb can't pass, i dnt mean he cannot pass the ball from one player to another.

HLEB CANNOT GIVE A THROUGH PASS THAT LEADS TO A GOAL DESPITE ALL HIS BALL CONTROL. LET US CHECK THE NUMBER OF ASSISTS HE HAS. FABREGAS HAS 20 . HOW MANY ASSISTS DOES ALEXANDER HLEB HAVE? FIND OUT

He controls the ball well. But for him to give a pass that leads to a goal from all that ball control is absolutely impossble. Maybe he'll learn it next season, but as of this season , he just couldn''t do anything except control the ball. YES I SAID IT. HE CAN"T SHOOT, CAN"T SCORE< CAN"T HEAD AND CAN"T GIVE A THROUGH PASS THAT LEADS TO A GOAL TO SAVE HIS LIFE.

IF ALEXANDER HLEB COULD PASS FOR GOALS TO BE SCORED> FOR ALL HIS BALL CONTROL HE WOULD CERTAINLY BE AS GOOD AS ZIDANE.

so who gave fabregas the pass, he scored against liverpool?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 3:08pm On May 15, 2008
tboy1:

"" grin ""
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Uche2nna(m): 3:09pm On May 15, 2008
Hiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 3:11pm On May 15, 2008
Loooooooooow! tongue

You miss road tongue

For Gunners only no uninvited Husband tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 3:13pm On May 15, 2008
tboy1:

Ok BAKARI SAGNA SCORED AGAINST CHELSEA SO HE IS A GOAL SCORER. DNT BE Blind man, for all that skill, hlen should lead the premiership in assists
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tboy1(m): 3:17pm On May 15, 2008
nightrider:

Ok BAKARI SAGNA SCORED AGAINST CHELSEA SO HE IS A GOAL SCORER. DNT BE Blind man, for all that skill, hlen should lead the premiership in assists

Hey don't be rude here ok, im not here to argue with you.You need to read your post to see what you just wrote here does not make sense. You said hleb does not make through passes that leads to goal, and i asked you who gave fabregas the ball - that fabregas scored against liverpool?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 3:22pm On May 15, 2008
Listen you need to see what i mean here,

For someone with that amount of skill, He should be leading the premiership in assists. Or scoring goals. He is Fantastic player. But i think all season hleb had only 8 passes that led to goals, from more than 40 matches. That's crap.  With all tha ball control thats def crap.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nightrider: 3:24pm On May 15, 2008
4thegame.com highlights those valuable players who create scoring opportunities for others.

The Providers Team Assists
Cesc Fabregas Arsenal 19
Ashley Young Aston Villa 17
Wayne Rooney Manchester United 13
David Bentley Blackburn Rovers 11
Dimitar Berbatov Tottenham Hotspur 11
Steven Gerrard Liverpool 11
Gareth Barry Aston Villa 10
Kenwyne Jones Sunderland 10
Carlton Cole West Ham 9
Salomon Kalou Chelsea 9
Martin Petrov Manchester City 9
Nicky Shorey Reading 9
Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston Villa 8
Nicolas Anelka Chelsea 8
Simon Davies Fulham 8
Elano Manchester City 8
Frank Lampard Chelsea 8
Mikel Arteta Everton 7
El Hadji Diouf Bolton Wanderers 7
Alexander Hleb Arsenal 7

Sorry I dashed him one. 7 passes from over almost 40 matches. with all that ball control. he scored only 4 goals i think. He is timid . He can hold the ball but apart from that that man dnt know anything else.

He great though, He should be trained.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tboy1(m): 3:29pm On May 15, 2008
nightrider:

Listen you need to see what i mean here,

For someone with that amount of skill, He should be leading the premiership in assists. Or scoring goals. He is Fantastic player. But i think all season hleb had only 8 passes that lead to goals, from more than 40 matches. That's crap. With all tha ball control thats def crap.

I totally agree with you thats why im not bothered if he leaves or not. I dont know if he's scared to shoot or something, For someone who's got that kind of skills he should be banging at least 12-15 goals easy

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.