Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,888 members, 7,848,580 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:47 AM

NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? (69611 Views)

Weekend Betting Tips (11-12/04/2015) / NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / Tribute To Africans Who Play In The NFL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by WadeFTW: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2008
I'M CALLING MY DOLPHINS CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON (AND I'LL MAKE SURE TO BOOKMARK THIS THREAD)

FROM WORST TO FIRST

ONE OF, IF NOT, THE GREATEST TURNAROUND IN NFL HISTORY.

MIAMI CONTROLS THEIR OWN DESTINY RIGHT NOW. IF THEY WIN OUT, THEN THEY AUTOMATICALLY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

I LOL AT ALL THE HATERS THAT USED TO RIDICULE THE DOLPHINS ON THIS THREAD AT THE START OF THE SEASON.

NOW WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH?
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2008
tomo romo like his technical advisor is good for one or two well three turnovers per game. jessica simpson has got him all twisted up. and damn the lions mess up again angry .

question - who would you rather have

reggie bush or bryan westbrook?

state your reasons.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by omitutu: 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2008
I think we would be doing an injustice to how well the Eagles
played if we attribute the victory in large part to the Burress.

Perhaps on offense, yes, but the Giants were no slouches on defense
either, and for the first half, Anthony Pierce and Fred Robbins were
getting so much penetration, Westbrook had only run for four yards
before his first touchdown.

In the second half though, the defense got battered. I mean, 9 conversions
on third down out of 11 attempts is stellar.

@Bawo

I would take Westbrook.

There are doubts over Bush's ability to be an everydown back.

He is good for those stunt plays and dangerous in the open field, but his
ability to keep sticking it down the D-line's throat is open to question.

Revisionists are already looking at his career with Trojans, wondering out loud
if Lendale White was given enough credit for his contributions to the running game.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by rikkyjen(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2008
@ JeSoul.

I can't believe you've made some couple of posts without rambling about the colts as usual. grin grin grin

Peyton must have hand delievered you some boqouet of tasty humble pies. tongue. I even heard he stuffed it down your throat. grin grin grin

Watch us pip you to the AFC crown. tongue. Who wants to stop Indianapolis again? Jacksonville wey dey on 4-9?. heheheh. Maybe steelers sha. embarassed

NB: Even though you won against yeye pub team Seattle, The Cassel, cassette or corset you call quarterback is not a quarterback!. Any man from your village with a tombo and gulder stomach can do better than what he has done. . . grin grin grin grin

Even as an eternal rival and die-hard hater of the Pats (I know the hate feeling is mutual too), i have to say i miss the brillance of brady embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 10:47pm On Dec 08, 2008
rikkyjen:

@ JeSoul.

I can't believe you've made some couple of posts without rambling about the colts as usual. grin grin grin

Well I wasn't sure if the fair-weather fan - also known as Rikky was around to enjoy all my trash-talking, besides all my hating is being directed at a recipient that actually poses a threat cool - the giants & I've been preoccupied with more worthy, good-story teams such as the Titans and Atl. You're winning against teams like Houston & Cincy and you get mouth to talk? cool Please page me when you face a real nfl team grin

You're still fantasizing about an AFC championship . . . whatever it is you're smoking sweetie, you needs ta stop!
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 2:02am On Dec 09, 2008
bawomolo:

tomo romo like his technical advisor is good for one or two well three turnovers per game. jessica simpson has got him all twisted up. and damn the lions mess up again angry .

Abeg go siddon somewhere instead of you to pray and fast for the Vikings to slip somehow you are taking Panadol for another man's headache

The Lions quest for imperfection continues who would stop them?

JeSoul:

Well I wasn't sure if the fair-weather fan - also known as Rikky was around to enjoy all my trash-talking, besides all my hating is being directed at a recipient that actually poses a threat cool - the giants & I've been preoccupied with more worthy, good-story teams such as the Titans and Atl. You're winning against teams like Houston & Cincy and you get mouth to talk? cool Please page me when you face a real nfl team grin
That una division odikwa very very interesting three teams on 8-5 what can i say? may the better and more desperate team win

omi tutu:

I think we would be doing an injustice to how well the Eagles
played if we attribute the victory in large part to the Burress.

Perhaps on offense, yes, but the Giants were no slouches on defense
either, and for the first half, Anthony Pierce and Fred Robbins were
getting so much penetration, Westbrook had only run for four yards
before his first touchdown.

In the second half though, the defense got battered. I mean, 9 conversions
on third down out of 11 attempts is stellar.
They might not have missed him but even the Philly defensive coach said after the game that Plax's absence made things a bit easier for them i would really like to see how they would cope without Plax in the post-season if looking at their run last season is anything to go by then its not looking as good as the Giants think
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by rikkyjen(m): 3:41am On Dec 09, 2008
JeSoul:

Well I wasn't sure if the fair-weather fan - also known as Rikky was around to enjoy all my trash-talking, besides all my hating is being directed at a recipient that actually poses a threat cool - the giants & I've been preoccupied with more worthy, good-story teams such as the Titans and Atl. You're winning against teams like Houston & Cincy and you get mouth to talk? cool Please page me when you face a real nfl team grin You're still fantasizing about an AFC championship . . . whatever it is you're smoking sweetie, you needs ta stop!

@ JeSoul.

Spiderman musta woven gazillion threads on your eyes.  tongue. Were you drinking paraga when the Colts beat "real NFL" teams like your home-team Patriots or Is 'em Steelers a yeye 0-12 team? Oops, i forgot Sandiego has a pub and sankwa team and yet the colts kicked their asses. Mscheeeeeeeeeew lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You only choose to watch and see what you want, innit? If Your team gets to the next round, i can wager any shyte to say they would be thrown out in their first playoff berth.  tongue

You sef dey talk! Mansions are talking, brady-less team sef dey yarn? Oh you think Y'all are going to repeat the same feat and get to the bowl again? babes, you need a pacifier, wallahi!  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Titans? what are you yarning? You think its all about the 11-1 record or ishThe race is not for the fastest, but for the swift and craftyy. Let 'em keep on amassing the inconsequential wins a la the Patriots of lastseason! Its serves no purpose if they choke at the biggest satge just like Y'all did  grin grin grin grin grin

Where are those superbowl shirts and books Y'all published and printed before Y'alls loss? Some NFL fan in Naija told me he saw some guy wearing a "Patriots Superbowl Champion" shirt, immediately my intution told me that the guy musta picked 'em clothes at some bend down select shop in Yaba grin grin grin

Talk about counting your eggs before they become crocked! One who think YOU  as a person for don learn ur lesson about all this stupid records amassing teams! But you havn't!. Watch this space and i would bring ur quotes to hunt your ass down from Bombay to Budapest if none of your "good-story and real NFL teams" teams fail to get to the summit of the championship.  grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 4:03am On Dec 09, 2008
Rikky sabi talk oh no be small cheesy he even take style quote bible join put cheesy

Who's talking about the Pats? I've already said 10 posts ago that I will consider it a bonus if we make the playoffs. We just pulled Junior Seau off his surfboard to plug in the injury depleted d-line . . . at this point, a realistic fan knows a playoff run is highly unlikely.

As for your Colts, perhaps the football gods will allow you to sneak into the postseason via wildcard, but as for AFC championship, well, just let go of that fantasy cool Face it Rikky you'll soon be singing boyz2men . . . "end of the road" cool Abeg let me focus my hatorade on the giants, I'll focus on the colts should they grow a spine and silence naysayers like me. cool

@A40
I will be surprised if the wigers win a game, may they be successful in their pursuit of imperfection.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2008
Abeg go siddon somewhere instead of you to pray and fast for the Vikings to slip somehow you are taking Panadol for another man's headache

i feel for you cowbutt fans, something must be contaminating the water supply in dallas tongue. jerry jones just called marion barber soft. first dirk now marion barber. i must admit it's fun watching tony romo dancing galala while running away from defensive linemen.

me bears would triumph. pat williams and kevin williams are done for good. praise jehovah
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2008
@Jesoul
Lol they look unstoppable its almost like they are doing it on purpose

bawomolo:

i feel for you cowbutt fans, something must be contaminating the water supply in dallas tongue. jerry jones just called marion barber soft. first dirk now marion barber. i must admit it's fun watching tony romo dancing galala while running away from defensive linemen.

me bears would triumph. pat williams and kevin williams are done for good. praise jehovah
Inasmuch as i agree J.J is getting pretty senile and he was a bloodclot for calling the Barbarian soft because he was not the reason why the Cowboys lost on sunday i would advice you focus on your teddy bears because as things stand your chances of making the playoffs are lighter than Nicole Ritchie
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 12:33am On Dec 11, 2008
A-40:

Inasmuch as i agree J.J is getting pretty senile and he was a bloodclot for calling the Barbarian soft because he was not the reason why the Cowboys lost on sunday i would advice you focus on your teddy bears because as things stand your chances of making the playoffs are lighter than Nicole Ritchie
cheesy LOL . . . Bawo are you going to let him yab your teddy bears like this? grin cool
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyindamus: 12:56am On Dec 11, 2008
It is I, the one and only Doyindamus. . . . . cool cool cool

and I am ready to make my prediction for the Super Bowl. . . . .

From the innards of my Crystal ball. . . . . .

I hereby declare that the '09 Superbowl will be won by

THE . . . . . . .

mehn. . . . .I shall wait sef. My Crystal Ball is malfunctioning. grin grin
It says the Colts, and a quick glance at the tables shows it is possible
they might not make the playoffs.

Now that would be the ultimate embarassment grin grin grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 1:32am On Dec 11, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
Lol they look unstoppable its almost like they are doing it on purpose

david defeated Goliath with such odds so i could give a shit what some las vegas nerds think. on the other hand you got tony the phony romo at QB. big game after big game he chokes. anyway how is the roy williams trade working out. quick question, which franchise has won a playoff game in the last decade, bears or cowbutts.

DA BEARS would shock the world on thursday by shutting down drew brees. yes i said it. put this up for post of the year grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 1:33am On Dec 11, 2008
doyindamus:

THE . . . . . . .

i now see why madam cleo has a career and you don't. olodo grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 11:47pm On Dec 11, 2008
doyindamus:

THE . . . . . . .

what? you didn't change the bulb? grin

Tonight Bears vs Saints - both teams at 7-6, I predict a very interesting game. . .
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 12:34am On Dec 12, 2008
bawomolo:

david defeated Goliath with such odds so i could give a shit what some las vegas nerds think. on the other hand you got tony the phony romo at QB. big game after big game he chokes. anyway how is the roy williams trade working out. quick question, which franchise has won a playoff game in the last decade, bears or cowbutts.

DA BEARS would shock the world on thursday by shutting down drew brees. yes i said it. put this up for post of the year grin
You know i specialize in dealing low blows grin. You wey see promise land wey no enter nko?

Nairaland Quiz of the day!!

All of these teams have won the Superbowl at least 5 times except which?

A: San Francisco 49ers

B: Pittsburgh Steelers

C: Chicago Bears

D: Dallas Cowboys

Send your answers now!!
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 5:08am On Dec 12, 2008
that one na old school quiz. tongue

my bears are choking embarassed
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 5:44am On Dec 12, 2008
whew we win, now i'm gonna be talking a whole lot of trash this weekend, on and off the net grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 5:54am On Dec 12, 2008
did anyone see reggie bush run to the sideline rather than put his pads down. now that's soft
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2008
@bawomolo
You still didn't answer the quiz but do i take it your answer was C? grin grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 2:14am On Dec 13, 2008
A-40 whats going on in Dallas? reports of TO and Romo beefing?  grin

Week 15 Picks:
TB @ ATL - I hope the Falcons pull this off, they're such a feel-good story           
SF @ MIA - May the Dolphins lose! we don't need anymore ties atop the AFC east             
BUF @ NYJ  - Division rivals, it benefits my Pats if the jets lose to down favre.
SD @ KC - SD is irrelevant     
DET @ IND -  No one wants to be the team that loses to the wigers.       
WAS @ CIN - The skins should take this one     
TEN @ HOU  -  hehe I smell a blowout             
PIT @ BAL - Clash of the defenses, I'm going with Baltimore on this     
NE @ OAK - We need this in order to keep playoff dreams alive, and against the dysfunctional raiders, should be a W.           
NYG @ DAL  - Game of the weekend, I'm going to say the desperate Dallas team will come out on top   

CLE @ PHI -  McNabb add some more value to that offseason stock brotha.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 8:10am On Dec 13, 2008
TO must have been dumped by Tony homo. lovers scorn grin

i would be rooting for the cardinals and giants come sunday
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by Moonstone(f): 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2008
bawomolo:

whew we win, now i'm going to be talking a whole lot of trash this weekend, on and off the net  grin
You won during OT, shame should catch you people small. I have been saying it that Reggie needs to break up with Kim K. Their relationship is affecting the entire teams this year and I'm done making excuses for him. However, I have to say they impressed me in the fourth quarter though, they just messed up in OT.
It's all good. Can't wait to see how other teams are doing. cheesy
JeSoul:

A-40 whats going on in Dallas? reports of TO and Romo beefing?  grin

Week 15 Picks:            
TEN @ HOU  -  hehe I smell a blowout                 
NYG @ DAL  - Game of the weekend, I'm going to say the desperate Dallas team will come out on top   
About Ten and Hou, I think Hou is actually playing well today like they have complete senses.
Dallas - I want Dallas to win but the whole thing with Owens and Romo might have an adverse effect on them because the camp is very divided. If they don't make up before the game, that will be a drastic thing for them.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2008
Anybody thats a Cowboys fan should be used to T.O's theatrics by now its his way of preparing for big games cheesy cheesy.Go Cowboys
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2008
this steve slaton guy is a surprise.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 11:08pm On Dec 14, 2008
@bawomolo
Better get on your knees and pray!!! The Vikings are 21-0 on the Cardinals a win today and they have practically wrapped up the NFC North  grin grin

The AFC East is where the drama is right now damn!! the Dolphins and Jets both won and the Pats are looking pretty good against the Raiders something has got to give
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2008
Kai the Steelers vs Ravens game would be practically unwatchable i am sure 3-3 and its almost half-time lol they are not the best defenses in the league for nothing
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by rikkyjen(m): 1:06am On Dec 15, 2008
10-4 baby! tongue

Thats what am talkin about. Why i dey gloat against the worst team the NFL has produced? grin grin grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 1:47am On Dec 15, 2008
Not bad 6 wins straight for that matter talk about resurgence

Cowboys don't let me down ooh and if you do i have the Steelers to turn to!! They clinched the AFC North by beating the Ravens 13-9
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by rikkyjen(m): 2:47am On Dec 15, 2008
A-40:

Not bad 6 wins straight for that matter talk about resurgence

Cowboys don't let me down ooh and if you do i have the Steelers to turn to!! They clinched the AFC North by beating the Ravens 13-9

Is you talking about the Colts? grin. Scratch that bro! Its 7 consecutive wins!

This is more than a resurgence, it looks a Castro-like revolution! grin grin grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 3:57am On Dec 15, 2008
My bad i meant 7

The Cowboys and Giants are really tearing each other up!!If only the Cowboys could play with such focus on D the entire 4 quarters last week we would have been home and dry  undecided undecided
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 5:37am On Dec 15, 2008
Viva la Cowboys!!  grin grin  Manning got himself sacked 8 times!!! now this is the D we are talking about the battle is still on though the Ravens and the Eagles would make for tough opposition and we are tied with the Bucs and Falcons this is really crazy

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (80) (Reply)

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olarenwaju Is Not The Father Of His 3 Children / Throwback Photos Of Moses Simon & His Wife, Ibukun Sarah Adenuga, Before Fame / Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez In Tears After Hat-trick (Phot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.