Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,031 members, 7,859,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:18 PM

NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? (69722 Views)

Weekend Betting Tips (11-12/04/2015) / NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / Tribute To Africans Who Play In The NFL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 5:59am On Dec 15, 2008
oh shut up, who knows the vikes could magically lose two straight games. the cardinals are a joke. horrible results today angry
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 1:58am On Dec 16, 2008
Rants of a frustrated fan!! don't worry your last two games look winnable but the problem is the Vikings can win theirs too but it would be such a shame if y'all don't top your division with all those whack teams
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2008
The Giants and the especially the Titans are limping into the playoffs.

And why are we all sleeping on the 11-3 Panthers? they've somehow managed to stay under the radar.

As for the AFC, the Colts could actually sneak past rd 1 as most playoff teams are looking questionable right now, but their recent wins have come against dirt like Det and Houston so those aren't good yardsticks to use to measure their veracity right now but it could go either way.
Save for a fumble the Jets woulda started cleaning out their lockers . . . I expect a first Rd playoff exit. They're skittish and so are the Pats and Fins - all tied for #1.
Overall I think the Steelers will come out on top the AFC. They always seem to find a way to make plays when it matters the most.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by rikkyjen(m): 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2008
JeSoul:

The Giants and the especially the Titans are limping into the playoffs.

And why are we all sleeping on the 11-3 Panthers? they've somehow managed to stay under the radar.

As for the AFC, the Colts could actually sneak past rd 1 as most playoff teams are looking questionable right now, but their recent wins have come against dirt like Det and Houston so those aren't good yardsticks to use to measure their veracity right now but it could go either way.
Save for a fumble the Jets woulda started cleaning out their lockers . . . I expect a first Rd playoff exit. They're skittish and so are the Pats and Fins - all tied for #1.
Overall I think the Steelers will come out on top the AFC. They always seem to find a way to make plays when it matters the most.

@ JeSoul.

Now you must be taking the Mickeys of me, mate

Why must you always diminish the Colts? Which team hasn't used 'em Lions to do booty calls? Is it only the Colts?

Didn't the Colts beat 'em Patriots and 'Steelers? what more test do they need in their conference? In the AFC, only two teams are ahead of the colts in terms of Wins. Steelers and Titans. We kikced 'em Steelers behind and 'em Titans won on a "Squeeky Bun Time". Ki lo tun fe again?

What more do you wanna use as a yardstick? Mate, don't get stuff twisted and intertwined, the Colts might not even go ahead and win the Superbowl, but you just yarning stuffs about the Colts sneaking outta round 1 as a big thing is one helluva Opaks yarn!. tongue

WTF? Like the Colts is 'em Bengals or what or you think the colts squeaking past first round is exceeding expectatiion or what?.

Our wins have come against dirt teams? Dirt teams as in the last 7 wins?

I understand the whole Colts fan/Patriots fan schizto. I do and thats why you yarn like this!. grin grin grin and trust me, the beef is mutual shocked shocked

Damnnn, but i wouldn't twist reallity to suit my pre-conceived ideas as your last post has clearly done, Jesoul! angry angry angry angry
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2008
LOL  grin  . . . I knew that post would smoke Rikky out  grin

Common boy, I know a 7-game winning streak is impressive by any standards, regardless of who it is against. My point is that the Colts of all the NFL teams have prob had the most favorable schedule down the stretch. And at least 4 of your earlier wins were barely scratched out. I don't call that a sure banker baby boy.

. . . now we are heading into the playoffs, this is a whole nother story. As you head into the playoffs, you're not going to be facing Detroit and Jax anymore, which is why I said the winning streak will not be a good measuring stick to say how good they are or aren't. The Steelers have done it against all the big boys of the nfl, that gives them extra credit and confidence to go all the way to the SB.

Everyone knows winning streaks in the regular season (while impressive) are meaningless in the postseason, whether na nfl or nba, and as a Pats fan I know that all too well.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by rikkyjen(m): 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2008
JeSoul:

LOL grin . . . I knew that post would smoke Rikky out grin

Common boy, I know a 7-game winning streak is impressive by any standards, regardless of who it is against. My point is that the Colts of all the NFL teams have prob had the most favorable schedule down the stretch. And at least 4 of your earlier wins were barely scratched out. I don't call that a sure banker baby boy.

. . . now we are heading into the playoffs, this is a whole nother story. As you head into the playoffs, you're not going to be facing Detroit and Jax anymore, which is why I said the winning streak will not be a good measuring stick to say how good they are or aren't. The Steelers have done it against all the big boys of the nfl, that gives them extra credit and confidence to go all the way to the SB.

Everyone knows winning streaks in the regular season (while impressive) are meaningless in the postseason, whether na nfl or nba, and as a Pats fan I know that all too well.

You sure know how to rile and "smoke me out" right? grin grin grin

I don't know what sort of pleasure you get in making me worked up about the Colts grin grin grin

Behind this Cyber-yarnings and beyond the reach of the virtual world, you must be one helluva of a pest whose first love is- is to taunt people by using a feather to tickle the ears of a sleeping person. cheesy cheesy

Back to reality, babes!

Pittsburg did it against ALL the big boys? Definitely, not the Indianapolis Colts! except the Gospel according to JeSoul doesn't recognise the Colts as one of the big boyz and if your answer is in the affirmative, expect me to unleash a battery of "Ayamatanga" Tomahawk missiles on ya @ss! tongue
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyindamus: 11:41pm On Dec 16, 2008
JeSoul:

nope nope nope , . . . . .

I stated on this forum, months back , that the Panthers would take the NFC title.

The AFC, i pick the Colts. . . .

Colts win the Super Bowl

Doyindamus has spoken cool cool cool cool cool
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 11:55pm On Dec 16, 2008
doyindamus:

nope nope nope  ,  . . . . .

I stated on this forum, months back , that the Panthers would take the NFC title.
Yea I give it to ya, you did say some dopeness about the panthers while back.

The AFC, i pick the Colts. . . .

Colts win the Super Bowl

Doyindamus has spoken  cool cool cool cool cool
hehe  cheesy Doyin stop encouraging Rikky  grin  cool
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 12:03am On Dec 17, 2008
rikkyjen:

You sure know how to rile and "smoke me out" right? grin grin grin

I don't know what sort of pleasure you get in making me worked up about the Colts grin grin grin

Behind this Cyber-yarnings and beyond the reach of the virtual world, you must be one helluva of a pest whose first love is- is to taunt people by[b] using a feather to tickle the ears of a  sleeping person.[/b]  cheesy cheesy
   have you been watching me?  grin  cool  Infact not even a feather, I'd pour ice cold water on the poor victim  cool

Pittsburg did it against ALL the big boys? Definitely, not the Indianapolis Colts! except the Gospel according to JeSoul doesn't recognise the Colts as one of the big boyz and if your answer is in the affirmative, expect me to unleash a battery of "Ayamatanga" Tomahawk missiles on ya @ss!   tongue
  yes oh my gospel is missing that part  grin. This gospel is updated weekly.  I'll let you know in a month if that page ever existed or if my version is incomplete  kiss

ayama wetin? my jazz will beat up your ayama and take his lunch money  cool
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 2:04am On Dec 17, 2008
@doyindamus
Would the Cowboys make the playoffs?
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 11:12pm On Dec 18, 2008
Did anyone else wonder how in the world Bratt Favre made the Pro bowl? granted the jets are much better this yr but his qb statistics are at best average. I think Chad Penn def deserved it  angry  and one can even make a case for Cassel ahead of Favre. The pro bowl selection process looks more like american idol  tongue
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 7:29am On Dec 19, 2008
A-40:

@doyindamus
Would the Cowboys make the playoffs?

they will, then choke as usual.

anyway it's disgusting to see ESPN di'ckriding another player. 4weeks ago it was kurt warner, 3 weeks ago it was betty favre, now it's peyton manning. espn take ur bad luck somewhere else grin.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 7:38am On Dec 19, 2008
JeSoul:

Did anyone else wonder how in the world Bratt Favre made the Pro bowl? granted the jets are much better this yr but his qb statistics are at best average. I think Chad Penn def deserved it  angry  and one can even make a case for Cassel ahead of Favre. The pro bowl selection process looks more like american idol  tongue

matt cassel seems to have a special case of bi polar( am familiar with them i know cheesy). 4 td's today, 3int's tomorrow. me things some stupid nfl team would overpay cassel like the texans did matt schaub. personally, i think phillip rivers should have been on that team.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2008
Perhaps Rivers could make a case the problem is that his team is at 6-8 and not making the playoffs.

Cassel has actually been consistent the past 6-7 games, with back-to-back 400yd games.

Favre is leading the league in Interceptions angry he has no business being in Hawaii next yr.

Espn does that in every sport angry it gets really annoying sometimes. Last yr it was Chris Paul in the nba, yr before Steve Nash, this yr its Lebron. They pick a player they like and then put him on replay until the next diva comes along.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 3:42pm On Dec 19, 2008
bawomolo:

they will, then choke as usual.

anyway it's disgusting to see ESPN di'ckriding another player. 4weeks ago it was kurt warner, 3 weeks ago it was betty favre, now it's peyton manning. espn take ur bad luck somewhere else grin.
Sharrap!! are you doyindamus? what is your infatuation with the Cowboys sef? at least we would get there and choke you guys might not even make the playoffs at all tongue tongue grin

Brett has had a decent season with the Jets fine his stats have not been as good as we have seen from him but i feel he deserves his spot there with the way he transformed the Jets this season

@Jesoul
I think Kobe was the man that generated the most media-frenzy from ESPN last season
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
I think Kobe was the man that generated the most media-frenzy from ESPN last season

lol you're right kobe got a lotta airplay . . . but my gosh I don't know how I came to know Chris Paul's hobbys, what his guest room looks like, his off court activities, the color of his boxers etc . . . abc & espn did 1 too many a special "expose" on him angry

and I still don't know where Pierce shops angry lol grin when are they doing a special on him and Ray Allen? abeg they should show us real news jor.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2008
and you're right Favre had a decent season . . . but did he deserve the nod ahead of Penn, Cassel and perhaps even Rivers? a big hell no. Fins, Pats n Jets all have the same record, based on qb statistics he was clearly the worst of all three.

I didn't know pro bowl selections were based on sentimental reasons tongue
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 5:29pm On Dec 19, 2008
Peeps. . .why do I think Jay Cutler is the most talented quaterback in the NFL?

a bullet of an arm, and decent movement in the pocket.

Duh. . .

He ain't been in the playoffs sef.

@bawo

If the bears don 't make the playoffs, you know you will literally have eyin fried on ur face
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 12:52am On Dec 20, 2008
no weapons fashioned against the bears shall prosper.

all i know is that the ravens and falcons shall triumph on sunday. nothing less is acceptable.

A-40:

Sharrap!! are you doyindamus? what is your infatuation with the Cowboys sef? at least we would get there and choke you guys might not even make the playoffs at all tongue tongue grin

thou shall not live by tony romo alone. at least we have won a playoff game in like the last 10 years. overrated chumps tongue
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 8:05am On Dec 20, 2008
bawomolo:

no weapons fashioned against the bears shall prosper.

all i know is that the ravens and falcons shall triumph on sunday. nothing less is acceptable.

thou shall not live by tony romo alone. at least we have won a playoff game in like the last 10 years. overrated chumps tongue

Y'all are not sniffing the playoffs don't get your hopes up!! we are beating the Ravens and we are going one step closer to promise land
Yeah granted we have not won a playoff game in 10 years but please tell me where is your Superbowl? grin grin

JeSoul:

lol you're right kobe got a lotta airplay . . . but my gosh I don't know how I came to know Chris Paul's hobbys, what his guest room looks like, his off court activities, the color of his boxers etc . . . abc & espn did 1 too many a special "expose" on him angry

and I still don't know where Pierce shops angry lol grin when are they doing a special on him and Ray Allen? abeg they should show us real news jor.
Yeah i know sometimes i had to check my T.V just to make sure i was watching ESPN and not E!
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 5:45am On Dec 21, 2008
shut your mouth, cowboys lost. welcome back to the pack overated chumps. who's laughing now.  tony romo the choker  grin

Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2008
bawomolo:

shut your mouth, cowboys lost. welcome back to the pack overated chumps. who's laughing now.  tony romo the choker  grin

Me chi onu there  angry angry the Cowboys are still in the picture if i where you i would be fasting and praying the Vikings don't beat the Falcons

Today is really going to be bloody

Dolphins vs Chiefs
Falcons vs Vikings (Like bawomolo i would also need your help on this one.Go Vikings)
Jets vs Seahawks
Cardinals vs Pats
Buccaneers vs Chargers (The Chargers are still in the playoff picture i would really appreciate Phil Rivers and co. doing us a favor)
Eagles vs Redskins (I am backing our bitter rivals the Redskins on this one)

Wade Phillips look what you have done? i now have to resort to begging three teams to get wins  angry angry it was also a sad farewell to that stadium that hosted the 5 time Superbowl Champions please just pack your load and go if you can't even give us that chance not to win a playoff game by going one step better and not qualifying at all
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2008
Chillax. . . A-40

If its any consolation, I think the Cowboys will beat the Eagles.
Not certain for a Doyindamus prediction, but I am worried by the
Eagles problems in the red zone.

I suspect they might find it difficult to beat the 'Skins today.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2008
we are all eagles and chargers fans today. the atlanta-vikings game is a toss-up.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2008
Why are we still talking about losers like the Chargers?

I want Donovan to do well, which will not bode well for the Cowboys . . . sorry A-40

hehe cheesy the desert Cardinals will be playing in snowy Foxboro . . . this should be a walkthru for the Pats, with almost 2ft outside my house n still snowing, this should be a fun game at the stadium.

NY bratts and the fins need to lose . . . I'd like to see a playoff appearance, even if we lose in the 1st rd cool
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2008
The less I say about the Cards the better angry angry angry angry

Steelers are an offensive line away from multi super bowls.
Till then. . . . . . they ain't winning nothing.

Chargers. . . . . . . all too late ain't it. Cutler will cut those buffaloes to pieces.

And the Eagles. . . .I can only hope. Wasn't too impressed with their red zone woes
against the Browns and prior to that, all season long.

And the Dolphins. . . .they want to put a smile on your face Jesoul. Well, errr, not a bad thing sha wink wink grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 9:30pm On Dec 21, 2008
why did fox televise the cardinals game nationally. i don't want to watch this horror.

go chargers
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyindamus: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2008
Fantasy leaguers. . . .

I suspect Marshall Lynch is gonna have a big day today cool cool cool

as will Adrian Peterson, . . . . .sorry Bawo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 12:13am On Dec 22, 2008
doyindamus:

Fantasy leaguers. . . .

I suspect Marshall Lynch is going to have a big day today  cool cool cool

as will Adrian Peterson,  . . . . .sorry Bawo  cheesy cheesy cheesy

how many times do i have to tell you miss cleo didn't train you well  grin grin. the vikings are literally fumbling their playoff hopes.

A-40: here is a tissue  cheesy.

some good news though, foreskins are leading the eagles
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 12:15am On Dec 22, 2008
OMG. . . .

The Vikes ehhh. . .

Turnover after turnover after turnover.

and even when they force a fumble. . . they can't fall on it.

It seems Bawo has employed a new jazzman
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 12:19am On Dec 22, 2008
it's my Haitian voodoo doll of tavaris jackson.   baba sambo didn't fail me this weekend.   today just can't be going any better for BEAR fans. let me not jinx the work of baba sambo. am out  tongue

the JETS lost to seattle. WTF shocked
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 1:20am On Dec 22, 2008
today was just some freaky day. . . .

the vikes practically gave the game to the falcons.

the eagles were 1 yard short of forcing overtime after the most
inept offensive performance.

Broncos. . . .Broncos. . . .Broncos. I praise Cutler, and then he gets outplayed by a practical
rookie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (80) (Reply)

Recent Photos Of Samir Nasri After Retirement / Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ / World Cup: Argentina Under FIFA Investigation After Penalty Win Over Netherlands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.