Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48791 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 4:24am On Dec 18, 2008
B.O.S.S.:

@ Pataki
I really admire your courage on so many issues you comment on and your style of writing as well, I'm jealous wink.
Many thanks for the appraisal. Truly appreciated. wink
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 7:23am On Dec 18, 2008
Let Dapolam contest so that throw some of his ill gotten wealth around.

Question: What is your occupation and how do you come about money?

Answer: I was a governors son, rich kid, benefactor of generous family friends, Cyber cafe owner and now Oil company CEO.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2008
dayokanu,I never gave that kinda Answer.God will forgive you.All liars go to heaven shey?It is well.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2008

dayokanu,I never gave that kind of Answer.God will forgive UAll liars go to heaven shey?It is well.

You gave the response below

Dayokanu sure still lives on hearsays.Anyways i told you that i had a cyber cafe which was very successful.Ask anyone about Skynet cybercafe at Oluyole estate.
I made a whole lot of money from it.I[b] saved a whole lot while my father was governor from what he gives to me and gift from his friends[/b].A man with a humble beginning like me would be sensible to know that nothing last forever.So i saved big time.The money made from the cybercafe,the proceeds of the sale of the cyber cafe,my savings and what my father was able to raise to help was what i contributed to raise the coy

Unless someone else was using you ID.

Answer: I was a governors son,
saved a whole lot while my father was governor

Answer: rich kid, benefactor of generous family friends,   
and gift from his friends[/b

Answer: Cyber cafe owner   
[b]Anyways i told you that i had a cyber cafe which was very successful.Ask anyone about Skynet cybercafe at Oluyole estate

Answer: and now Oil company CEO.   
I am into oil and gas and i work with skipet oil and gas limited with Rc number 705989
Skipet oil and gas is a very new company incorporated few months ago.We operate in the downstream sector and it is run by four partners which includes myself

A company without a website and no one can confirm means of siphoning government money IMO

Now people judge who the liar is Dayokanu or Dapolam?

You can fool some people sometimes but you cant fool all the people all the time
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2008
dayokanu,where in my post did you see rich kid?You must be a joker.What does a coy that supplies petroleum pdts want to do with a website when what we do is buy and re sell to end users?A coy with less than N7m and has a website for what?Wont we rather use the money for the website to improve our biz?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by blacksta(m): 12:42am On Dec 19, 2008
Your papa chop u never full. You to wan chop.  Please have mercy. you have still not answered for the Western union fraud at least pay back the £400 pounds you borrowed.  All your responses have been typical politicans CROOK response.  You have truly learnt from your predecessor
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 8:56am On Dec 19, 2008
blacksta,I have refuted the allegation.Never have I bn involved.Also pls read well,I was not the one accused of borrowing 40 pounds, THANKS
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olanajim(m): 11:22am On Dec 19, 2008
This is the first time Nigerian would be rep will be coming to nairaland to defend his policy. He knew about the criticism and the pains of Nigerian youths. I am especially glad that he show he can stand for himself. Many of our leaders would not dare come around here talkless of identifying themselves.

Let us encourage Dapo, and criticise him if need be. If he win, it may be the first time Nairaland would have a say at National Assembly. This is our chance to make a change. Whatever his father have done, let us look at who he is and not what his father was.

If he get to the office and fail us, we can always know how to get at him since he is among us.

@Dapolam,
what do you think of the pervasive corruption? If you get to the office, what bill would you sponsor that would serve youth interest?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by BOSS7: 12:11pm On Dec 19, 2008
olanajim:

This is the first time Nigerian would be rep will be coming to nairaland to defend his policy. He knew about the criticism and the pains of Nigerian youths. I am especially glad that he show he can stand for himself. Many of our leaders would not dare come around here talkless of identifying themselves.

Let us encourage Dapo, and criticise him if need be. If he win, it may be the first time Nairaland would have a say at National Assembly. This is our chance to make a change. Whatever his father have done, let us look at who he is and not what his father was.

If he get to the office and fail us, we can always know how to get at him since he is among us.

@Dapolam,
what do you think of the pervasive corruption? If you get to the office, what bill would you sponsor that would serve youth interest?

@ Olanajim

Forget it. If Dapo gets in, he'll even deny ever knowing the website called Nairaland. They are all typical politicians and trust me these guy is not different from his dad. Except you want Nigerians to go through the suffering they endured during his dad's tenure all over again,

We'll be going rounf in a circle. Dapo is not competent to run as he had his chance to make headlins for a good cause at least over 4 years while his dad was a governor but all he had was negativity and though they might be hearsay, so what?

Why not even make at least one positive headline?

I fear for my country as the future is very grim the moment we have people like Dapo trying to get into position of authority. I guess he'll get there somehow anyway as he still has the connections of his dad so there's no point going against him, they'll rig the election once again.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olanajim(m): 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2008
How did you know this?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 3:12pm On Dec 19, 2008
@Olanajim,

Maybe you might want to ask him how he came about his money.

Cos He told us he became rich from the gift his Daddy's friends gave him. How does that sound to you?

I wont support a corrupt man with unverifiable wealth(except corrupt enrichment) just because he is a NLander
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by BOSS7: 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2008
@ dayokanu 

People still don't get it.
Everybody wants a title shot.
Not everybody wants to earn it.
Dapo wants a quick in and an even quicker out.
Dapo is thus "a common opportunist".

The fact remains Nigerians have a very short memory and are very quick to forgive. At least some people have been involved with him one way or another while some people have never heard anything positive about him at all. The fact remains we chase shadows in Nigeria while the problem remains ourselves.

If the election would be as transparent, this guy (Dapolam) should not be elected because he just has no case at all apart from the fact that his dad has been there done that and got the bloody T-shirt.

What would he do for the masses that live below $1 daily? Talk is cheap, yeah he's on Nairaland saying he'll do this and that but fukk all that because we'ver heard it all before.

The whold fact remains he's not cridible enough to effect a change for Nigerians and I doubt Nigerians would get behind him. He doesn't deserve the praise of Nigerians. He's no Obama, our Obama is somewhere and I believe when we see him, we'll all rally round him and give him all the support he needs but until then, we'll keep dreaming.

Sorry Dapo but you cannot sell yourself here because you are just chasing personal glory, you just want to make history.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 5:37pm On Dec 19, 2008
olanajim:

This is the same mentality that is killing us in that nation. Omo wa ni, e je ko se Meaning: This is our own child, let us allow him to get there even when all pointers show that this is wrong choice.

You are simply applying Nairaland sentiments to your judgment. I expected much more. undecided
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by nguage(m): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2008
I'm late but I just have a few words for Mr. Dapo:

Learn to use periods and paragraphs. Seriously, my eyes hurt from reading your words, they look like a huge wall of text. Thank you.

I also don't think replying people on Nairaland will help your political ambitions. Trust me, I know. Instead of wasting your time replying a bunch of quasi-millitant Nigerians who haven't been in Nigeria for 10-20 years, why don't you appeal to the common Nigerian man who lacks the basic amenities?

I'm trying not to judge you, I'm giving you a chance at making a name for yourself. Goodluck in your endeavours bro.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2008
believe it or not, this is the first positive critic i've seen here so far. i think dapolam has shown us that he isn't scared of criticism. and something tells me that he will make use of both positive and negative comments on this topic to prepare and develop himself into a great contributor, working towards the rebuilding of this country. 2011 is few more years down, the man is young and he's full of positive energy. it is never too late to make it happen if you're sincerely willing. if his intentions are genuine, i think he will do just fine. my question to you all is: what if dapolam turns out to be one of the most effective and honest politicians that we've ever come across?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Muza(m): 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2008
cre8tivity:

believe it or not, this is the first positive critic i've seen here so far. i think dapolam has shown us that he isn't scared of criticism. and something tells me that he will make use of both positive and negative comments on this topic to prepare and develop himself into a great contributor, working towards the rebuilding of this country. 2011 is few more years down, the man is young and he's full of positive energy. it is never too late to make it happen if you're sincerely willing. if his intentions are genuine, i think he will do just fine. my question to you all is: w[b]hat if dapolam turns out to be one of the most effective and honest politicians that we've ever come across[/b]?

genes dont lie grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2008
Yep!!! Let us keep throwing the future of our nation into the hands of the WHAT-IF politicians, as we have done for the part 50 years. What if Obasanjo were giving a second go at the presidency. We have seen the outcome of that. Yar adua was governor for 8 years and accomplished next to nothing as governor, then came the WHAT-IF prophets and now we see the result of making him president ( Hopes the man wakes up soon). The point is, we do not need more WHAT-IF's. We need CAN DO people -- people who are willing and able to prove that they are worth these posts. Throwing a child into that seat just cause you have a soft spot for him is not going to change the outcomes. Can we please stop playing this game of sentiments and be more serious about the future of that country??
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by idiopathic: 6:43pm On Dec 19, 2008
Dapo, i know a lot of people are showering praises on you for comming to make your case on nairaland, but all your answers have been vague and non specific.
I have left UI when you were a student, but i still had your exploits. You have compared covertly yourself to Obama, but i think this is wishful thinking.
Obama after leaving harvard could have gone to make millions in wall street, but he chose to return to the street of chicago as community organiser. While your dad wa sin power, you were busy riding very expensive cars and partying. What did you do to help your coursemates or other less fortunates individuals when your Dad was the Governor?
Let us assume you were a teenager and now a matured man.

a) What are you bringing to the house of represenatatives? What new bills do you intend to sponsor?
b) What is your view on the effectiveness of current EFCC and Ribadu's travails?
c) What do you intend to do about the FOI bill currently languishing in the house?
d) We need more transparency from you. Give us a few of the names of your Dad's friend who gave you money and gifts.
e) what is your view on the fact that a nigerian house of reps member earns more than his colleague in the American house of reps.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2008
dear kobo, you know what? you're right, we should never take a chance. but why can't you come and run for a casual position with ipoje local government? i'll like to have someone to vote for.
just in case you did not know, 95% of anything in politics is "WHAT IF", and this is why it's called politics.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2008
cre8tivity:

dear kobo, you know what? you're right, we should never take a chance. but why can't you come and run for a casual position with ipoje local government?

I am not running for government cause at this time, I am not able to trust myself to not turn a machine gun on those people in a month’s time. With the stupidity that makes up the daily running of the country, I doubt I am the right person for the position so I sit and wait for when I can sufficiently prove, to self, and to others, that I am capable of handling the job, and doing my very best and nothing less. Hence the reason why I am not running for any governmental position at this time. I still have quite a bit to learn to get to that point, considering what I hope to achieve if, and when I do.

cre8tivity:

i'll like to have someone to vote for.

Your vote is a sworn statement from you, a blood oath, that you are willing to stake all you are worth on the validity of your choice. If you are just looking for someone to vote for, then by all means vote for anyone that sings you  the politicians song.  But if you are willing to have your vote be worth more than the value these politicians are willing to pay to get in office, then I ask that you thoroughly examine the candidates before you decide to wager your future, and that of your whole family and community on, any one of 'em.

cre8tivity:

just in case you did not know, 95% of anything in politics is "WHAT IF", and this is why it's called politics.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Politics is not about WHAT IF’s. You do not have to know what a candidate will do 100% of the time but at least have the assurance that no matter what, he will make the right decision and at least be willing to take responsibility for the mistakes he/she makes and the decisions made without entirely understanding what the outcome with be. And best part is when a candidate is found wanting, impeachment becomes next choice, with the will of the people respected. Please do not assume Nigerian politics is the norm. What we see happening down there is about as abnormal as politics can get in such a setting.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2008
ok
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 8:59pm On Dec 19, 2008
@cre8tivity,

We might give unknown people the benefit of doubt not known spoilt kids

No one can determine what an individual would do in office but his antecedents would tell you something about what to expect.

OBJ while president in 1979 ordered the extermination of the Anikulapo family. In 1999 he ordered that of the ODI community? what has changed? Can you deduce anything from that?

OK YarAdua was Governor of Katsina instead of develomental projects, He was saving the money. He did not do anything.
YarAdua as president, he has been labelled a Go Slow president . Have you seen any corelation,

Dapolam as Governors son was the one who was spending the money Someone who never worked to earn a living He painted Ibadan red and he keeps telling us they are all rumours as if Dapo Lam is the only governors son rumour mills are interested in.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olanajim(m): 9:03pm On Dec 19, 2008
When we complain about them and they keep mute, we lash out at them. When they come to us and asked for our opinion, we lash out on them. How then are we going to find a listening one among them?

I know that it is possible for a man to do wrong. I know it is possible for the man who do wrong to right the wrong. Condemning people because of their past or who they are can't take Nigeria forward. When a man ask for you opinion, the best you can do if you are wiser is to give your frank opinion and not condemn them. A good man today can turn bad tomorrow just as a bad man can turn good tomorrow. It is all part of life.

For once, I expect nairaland to seize the opportunity.

Like it or not, we can't influence the election, but we can influence the people who are ready to listen to us.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2008
@ Olanajim,

A sincere question,
Would you vote for Babangida as President if he should contest? using the "A bad man can turn good" excuse
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2008
what are we trying to do here? are we trying to compare ibb and dapolam? please give me a break. dapolam was just another young dude that was busy running around and trying to find his identity. i hope no-one is trying to judge me for what i did almost 10 years ago. nobody is perfect except for few people here. if you do not want the man as the representative, it is ok and very much legal, but don't come here judging this dude on what he did or did not do many years ago. whether we like it or not, we can not accurately predict what a potential politician is capable of doing once he's elected. therefore, the best we could do is to allow everybody to present what they are selling and hope to make the right choice. another question for all of you is:before we start throwing each other under the bus, do we know the candidates dapolam would be running against in 2011?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2008
olanajim:

When we complain about them and they keep mute, we lash out at them. When they come to us and asked for our opinion, we lash out on them. How then are we going to find a listening one among them?

Anyone who wakes up and decides politics is the way, should also be ready to deal with the pressure that comes with that job. I don’t understand how you expect us to hire these people and not complain when they do not accomplish what we expect them to. I love when I go to stores and I am provided a complaint box, where I can drop my complaints and have them “ADDRESSED”. If all a politician-wanna-be can do is turn mute when criticized, then I dare say that fellow has no business being in politics. A politician ought to address complaints appropriately. Now, about asking for our opinion, not sure who you are referring to. Last I checked, No politician has actually asked my opinion.

olanajim:

I know that it is possible for a man to do wrong. I know it is possible for the man who do wrong to right the wrong. Condemning people because of their past or who they are can't take Nigeria forward. When a man ask for you opinion, the best you can do if you are wiser is to give your frank opinion and not condemn them. A good man today can turn bad tomorrow just as a bad man can turn good tomorrow. It is all part of life.

For once, I expect nairaland to seize the opportunity.

Like it or not, we can't influence the election, but we can influence the people who are ready to listen to us.

When you say you expected Nairaland to seize the opportunity, what exactly do you mean? You expected Nairalanders not to question the guy on his history? If this were Mohammed Abacha, tell me, would you not want to know of all the money he spent when his father was president?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2008
cre8tivity:

what are we trying to do here? are we trying to compare ibb and dapolam? please give me a break. dapolam was just another young dude that was busy running around and trying to find his identity. i hope no-one is trying to judge me for what i did almost 10 years ago.

lol. Come America and see if you will be able to get a job then. Try to a job as a nurse and not expect the story of that cat you killed to surface. Lol. Talk less of trying to get a job as a politician without expecting to be grilled for your conduct 10 years ago. Going by that above, we might as well let ex-convicts into political seats and not question them of their past. Lol.

cre8tivity:

nobody is perfect except for few people here. if you do not want the man as the representative, it is ok and very much legal, but don't come here judging this dude on what he did or did not do many years ago.

You use the nobody is perfect line when it applies. In this case, it is not about being perfect but about being ready for the job. If you want to be given the key to guard the people’s lives and welfare, you cannot come up with a history showing how you wasted lives and money in the past. Will you yourself hire a maid who was convicted of pedophilia 10 years ago to take care of your kids or grandkids? I would really love to know your answer here.

cre8tivity:

whether we like it or not, we can not accurately predict what a potential politician is capable of doing once he's elected. therefore, the best we could do is to allow everybody to present what they are selling and hope to make the right choice. another question for all of you is:before we start throwing each other under the bus, do we know the candidates dapolam would be running against in 2011?

Politics is not about accurately predicting, so again, WHAT IFs should not apply. It is about placing a bet on one candidate, based on thorough examination by you, the voter. We can not just ALLOW EVERYBODY. Look at what we have after allowing the same group of people multiple chances to rule us? They took over and left us helpless. You want make we do am again?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 12:38am On Dec 20, 2008
you seem to be very good at taking your time to answer every single question, that's very impressive. but this time, you missed my question. again, before we start throwing each other under the bus, do we know the candidates dapolam would be running against in 2011?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Dec 20, 2008
cre8tivity:

you seem to be very good at taking your time to answer every single question, that's very impressive. but this time, you missed my question. again, before we start throwing each other under the bus, do we know the candidates dapolam would be running against in 2011?

Do we need to know the candidates he is running up against in 2011 before we scrutinize his decision to run? Do we need to wait to know who he is running against before we demand that he make his true intentions for the people known to us? Do we need to know the candidates he will be up against in 2011 before we ensure that the true about him is known to the people so they can be better informed before they go to vote for or against him in 2011? Do we need to know whose name will be on the ballot alongside Dapolam to know if he is the right candidate or not? I don’t think I follow at all. What are you getting at?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 5:37am On Dec 20, 2008
I challenge dayokanu to come out publicly to probe me in and out.When I say probe,I mean all about me from financial status from 1998 till date and all other things he needs to dig into.

Also,I need to state clearly here now that I will not dissipate too much energy to answer people lilke dayokanu again if he cannot come out publicly to probe me cos if you read most of his/her posts,U d realize he/she has only bn about where I made my money.

I had explained times without number that I have never in my life worth up to N5m and I know he/she would be worth more than N5m.And I will not come online here to start giving list of my fathers friends that raised me.Except it is not right for a governor's son to be given monetary gift by his fathers friends and well wishers.Dont people who are not Governor's children collect monetary gifts from their father's friends?

This is the last time I d answer dayokanu,If he cannot come out publicly as I have challenged him to probe me in and out,Then I am sorry,I have to face other people and ignore him/her, I am waiting for you to start the probe with immediate effect
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 5:50am On Dec 20, 2008
idiopathic,Pls stop hearing without confirming.A brief list of the cars I drove btw 1999 and 2003

A white 1990 Celica owned by my uncle,Late Danjuma, 1999

A black refurbished Stanza(dont know the year) bought myself for N110,000, 1999

A Silver 1990 Honda Accord (bought after I sold the Stanza) at N290,000, 2000

A Black Mercedes V boot(bought after I sold the Honda) at N450,000, 2001

A Mercedes Benz E class(owned by my father uptill date), Occasionally because he did not want the car to just hang without bn used as he used only his official cars at that time.It was an agreement that I will use that opportunity to run the engine.

A Peugeot 406 bought for me by my father worth N800,000 when I got to my final Year in school as agreed when I got Admission Into UI, 2003

Pls where are the expensive cars?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 5:55am On Dec 20, 2008
idiopathic,My course mates someday will come on Nairaland and sure they will have one or two things to say about me.

The less privileged,I have bn a regular visitor at the motherless babies homes here in Ibadan uptill date.If you need the details of the places,I d give so you can verify my claims.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (37) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Datti Ahmed & LP Officials Land In Benue In An "Obidient" Aircraft / Uche Secondus Visits Babangida With PDP NWC Ahead Of 2019 Elections / Sani Abacha And Ibrahim Babangida- The Good Old Days(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.