Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48697 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2008
Dayokanu sure still lives on hearsays.Anyways i told you that i had a cyber cafe which was very successful.Ask anyone about Skynet cybercafe at Oluyole estate.

I made a whole lot of money from it.I saved a whole lot while my father was governor from what he gives to me and gift from his friends.A man with a humble beginning like me would be sensible to know that nothing last forever.So i saved big time.The money made from the cybercafe,the proceeds of the sale of the cyber cafe,my savings and what my father was able to raise to help was what i contributed to raise the coy.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2008
I am Adedapo lam Adesina
I went to Ayodele Nursery and preparatory school
after which I went to Government college,Ibadan
I did a diploma course on Electrical engineering at the polytechnic Ibadan
After which i moved to The University of Ibadan to study Agricultural And Environmental Engineering
I served at the ministry of Agriculture in Enugu
And went straight into oil and gas business which i still do up till today.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2008
cre8tivity:

message for dapolam
according to my political experience with nigerians or in nigeria, you do not have to answer any question if you don't feel like it. you do not have to be too nice or respectful. be very firm, draft your plan and stick to it. please do not hesitate to set people straight if they cross the line.
when you display too much respect or too much mr nice or trying to impress by answering all their questions, it means you're gradually digging a hole for yourself and your future. most nigerians tend to take being nice and respectful as a weakness. they do not understand that language. therefore, once you open mr sweet or mr nice door, they will step all over your face and won't take you serious.
be firm, be tough, be smart, believe in yourself and give back to the best of your ability. the rest will come together.
OBJ never grants press interviews, he insults them to hell. IBB is too intelligent for himself with his maradona answers. We all know how their leadership accountability is today, and how lives were destroyed under their governance with no one to  hold them accountable simply because not all questions must be addressed.

You are here saying not all questions should be addressed within in the Nigerian mentality. . . . . With such an acute reasoning from you, is there hope for this nation if you are entrusted with leadership for this country? If you are not ready to face the heat of exposing yourself for the whole world to know, do not step into leadership.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2008
dayokano, the questions are fair, but if the man doesn't want to address them at this time or on a forum, i see no crime.
dapolam, if i were wearing your shoes at this moment, i would keep things very simple. you must understand one thing "you must not go too deep into answering questions coming from people that know your identity, but you don't know theirs" it is the same as answering questions while in the dark, but the owners of the questions could clearly see you. i know you're trying to be real and sincere, but also be very careful. na today we see, we no see tomorrow.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 9:49pm On Dec 15, 2008
pataki, i will answer all your questions if i know who you are and i can see you. it is not fair that you guys know dampolam's identity, but he doesn't know yours. that right there is no, no.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2008
cre8tivity:

message for dapolam
according to my political experience with nigerians or in nigeria, you do not have to answer any question if you don't feel like it. you do not have to be too nice or respectful. be very firm, draft your plan and stick to it. please do not hesitate to set people straight if they cross the line.
when you display too much respect or too much mr nice or trying to impress by answering all their questions, it means you're gradually digging a hole for yourself and your future. most nigerians tend to take being nice and respectful as a weakness. they do not understand that language. therefore, once you open mr sweet or mr nice door, they will step all over your face and won't take you serious.
be firm, be tough, be smart, believe in yourself and give back to the best of your ability. the rest will come together.

WOW!!! Are we really ready for democracy??

@Dapolam, if you choose to subscribe to the advice above, why would you think I would be willing to trust your claim to push the FOI bill when elected ? I mean if a politician, running to be hired by the people only agrees to answer questions when it is "CONVENIENT" for him, How can he expect the people to trust him ??

When did this become about EXPERIENCE in NIGERIAN politics and LESS about DEMOCRACY?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2008
i'm not trying to knock dapolam, but i see nothing positive or favorable to him coming out of this discussion. it is nothing, but another way to abuse or negatively judge son of an ex governor, who happens to love politics. personally, i'll prefer to stay lowkey, working on my material, developing myself and then come out when the time is right. if it is going to be it would be. i see no need to take any rubbish from anybody on nairaland.com. sorry guys.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by mustafar1: 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2008
message for dapolam

NO WONDER THEY GET TO POWER AND BECOME UNRESPONSIVE TO YOUR CRIES AND CALLS.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2008
and i know what i'm talking about because my style has been  successfully tested several times. it works.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2008
He is a politician. It comes with the territory. Even in the United states where the problem is not as bad, people understand that the minute they step out to declare themselves candidates, they are open to scrutiny and no law is against them being probed by the people for information. Why are you not encouraging him instead to grow a thick skin for the painful but make sure to give answers appropriately? You are encouraging him to play the old way; the same old way we continue to scream we are tired of.

No offence, your style has not been tested by me, and believe you me, if you took the same approach you were advicing him of earlier, and I had  the chance, I would make sure to raise a force against your getting elected.

Come on!!! We have to open up and do things as they ought to be done, not continue to run back to the old way and then continue to complain that things are not changing. This may be the first but if this works, other politicians will realize that we are ready to drill them and they have to open up by force or risk not getting elected. That is part of Freedom of Information.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by mustafar1: 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2008
i have followed/read comments from Dapo before now. he seems to be trying to be as open as possible. in my opinion, he isnt open enough. You almost took over someones blog all in the name of defending urself. I'm not from Oyo state but i sure want to know what you are about. heck i might get my in-laws to vote for u if u convince me, which by the way u need to work better at. you do not have enemies in kobojunkie, dayokanu, debosky and the likes just learn to understand why they are hard to soften and maibe u would get to soften them. as for the individuals whom are quick to subscribe to your ideology, be careful of them cos they'll be the ones to call for ur head first.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2008
cre8tivity:

pataki, i will answer all your questions if i know who you are and i can see you. it is not fair that you guys know dampolam's identity, but he doesn't know yours. that right there is no, no.
The same leaders who see your faces today, when seeking for your votes become those who tomorrow when elected begin to move about in fully tinted amoured vehicles in Nigeria. Who are we decieving? undecided

I remember when the case of children been accused of withcraft was tendered to the Imo State governor, those children waited in the blistering sun for over four hours just to see a single man whom was ''elected'' to listen to them.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2008
democracy is real and a great thing, but it doesn't permit stupidity. i will not advise any politician to be a doormat for votes or for anybody. it is a job and not a punishment. as a politician, i see myself as an asset and will never allow anybody to reduce the value. i'm not trying to knock dapolam, but he's coming across as a beggar. sorry, my dear. i do not go out like that. dapo, i will be returning back from france in few days, i'll like to meet with you.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2008
No question 2?I will not say anything about what i have done or will do.As i have said I dont believe in making noise about what I have done.Lets skip that and let the beneficiaries judge.charity is not a favour but a responsibility for all citizens who has got more than others.

I would be glad to work with any organization so far it is for the benefit of our people.Incase you have any plans lets talk about it.

I am working at the moment with project lots on a prograamme on the 18th in five states of the federation.Also top 100 our generation on the 23rd.

Leaving the people to fight brings chaos because in this era of hearsays,opponents will just sell untrue stories out and some people will buy it and start harrasing an innocent official.

I dont know about the 10 bills,pls enlighten me.

The FOI bill at the local level will be a mirage for now.If it can face so much at the national level then it would be easy for a camel to pass thru the hole of a needle than for it to work now.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2008
cre8tivity,I will be glad to meet you.You are such a wonderful person.pls link me on dapolam@yahoo.com
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by mustafar1: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2008
@ Dapo, why is the FOI bill a mirage? nothing! absolutely nothing stops you from acting as a pressure group at the state/LGA level at making them consider passing that as a state or LGA law in OYO. so knocking it even before trying is somewhat throwing the baby out witht he bath water.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2008
I will never be a beggar for votes cos I am not a desperado.I will do my part to explain what i can and leave the rest.if it is about the grassroot here,nothing do me.I am firm in total control.People should come to my constituenmcy and do research.I dey kampe.In our drive to change the society we need all to join hands together,Both the elites and the masses.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2008
cre8tivity:

democracy is real and a great thing, but it doesn't permit stupidity.

Unfortunately, it does. An issue may seem stupid to you but to others, it may be of great concern. Hence, the reason why democracy sort of means freedom for ALL.

cre8tivity:

i will not advise any politician to be a doormat for votes or for anybody.

Well, not a doormat but he has to handle it in a more tactful manner, rather than ignoring them completely, as if they are not of the same people he hopes to get voted to represent.

cre8tivity:

it is a job and not a punishment. as a politician, i see myself as an asset and will never allow anybody to reduce the value.

It is ok to see oneself as an asset and there are so many other jobs out there that will not require one reveal much about one’s plans and life story. But the minute you choose to become a politician, you have to be willing to accept all that comes with it. Would you consider a medical school graduate who hates blood and the site of it as a competent doctor? Some things come with the territory and you have to be ready and willing to deal or you find some other career route.

cre8tivity:

i'm not trying to knock dapolam, but he's coming across as a beggar. sorry, my dear. i do not go out like that. dapo, i will be returning back from france in few days, i'll like to meet with you.

Well, a politician is essentially begging the people for a chance to represent them. I am not sure if you have politicians over where you are but if you notice how they campaign and spend millions of their own money to put out all the information they can about their qualifications, that is the way it ought to be. They ought to be bombarding us with information. We are not the ones to be BEGGING for information from politicians.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2008
I will never be a beggar for votes because I am not a desperado.I will do my part to explain what i can and leave the rest.if it is about the grassroot here,nothing do me.I am firm in total control.People should come to my constituency and do research.I dey kampe.In our drive to change the society we need all to join hands together,Both the elites and the masses.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by debosky(m): 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2008
I saved big time? That is all you're going to say?

Lets go a step further - what funds did you use to start a Cybercafe?

You 'saved' money from 2003 and used it to start a business 4 months ago?? Is that what we're supposed to believe? How much did you sell the cybercafe for? What is the level of your investment in the current business?

So you 'saved' all the money from 'gifts' from 2003 and used it in 2008. Didn't you have any expenditure?

How much is a 'whole lot of money?' Surely you must have more detailed information like that if you want people to vote you into office.

In essence, running a cybercafe is the only experience you have working, not counting the 4 months you've spent in 'oil and gas business' - do you think that is sufficient real world experience to vote you into power? What did you learn from your cybercafe running that you feel qualifies you for this role?

You still have not answered the questions about the LGA chairman you 'installed'. What role did you play in 'installing' him?

Once again, how much have you 'given' to charity? You come from a political family with large resources, your name being on the UI donors list is not enough - how much did you give and from what source? If you are so in support of 'freedom of information' please provide answers.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2008
must_a_far,We must tactically solve our problems in Nigeria or else it will break down totally.The war we are going to fight is a brain war,a decent and civilized one where we d tactically upturn these people and their policies.It takes wisdom.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by mustafar1: 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2008
Dlam, when u r done on nairaland. u might have to pay for prepping u up for whats to come.  grin u might think you are being put under the microscope cos you are an ex goversnors son. but be sure not to think so. if i ever wake up and decide to occupy any political office whether appointed or elected. i would want to be dissected the same way. as i said when you are done here and av been able to convince us enough of ur legitimacy. it would help u out there in the uneven playing field of nigerian polisteals.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2008
Read my post well and see where i said monetary gifts from my fathers friends.Or i am not entitled to gift from them?
Debosky,pls ask better questions and stop dragging this issue.Its obvious it is personal.If you need to know about all that see Mr Faluyi in First Bank,Challenge.He is my account officer.He would give you all the details you need.Also re read my earlier post and see the chairman we worked for.Dont drag us behind pls we are moving forward.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2008
must_a_far,nothing do us o.We dey kampe.Nairaland has move me up big tyme, Thanks you all, God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2008
I am going to bed now.Till another time, cheers
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by mustafar1: 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2008
must_a_far,We must tactically solve our problems in Nigeria or else it will break down totally.The war we are going to fight is a brain war,a decent and civilized one where we d tactically upturn these people and their policies.It takes wisdom.

and by wisdom and tactic u mean, ignoring the lower levels of governance and aiming high. i understand nigeria is a country with a system that rubbishes any books of how things should work ever written in this world. trying to start a car without putting some gasoline in its engine would be a waste of effort don't u think. before you manufacture something on a huge scale u must have a demo, u must have tested the demo,  u don't necessarily have to have a finished product before u try to expand or share the idea of ur demo.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2008
A broke boy in 1999
Dad becomes governor
He suddenly becomes very rich
A Part owner in an oil company
He claimed he made his money from gifts and Cyber cafe!!!!

How convenient.
Even Mohammed Abacha and Babangida would tell you they made money from their dreams while sleeping
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2008
grin cheesy grin

I knew this was going to be A Night of Nairaland Laughs. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who in this modern day Nigeria gives out monetary gifts worth enough to start a cyber cafe for free? and it now extends to settling up an Oil Company from a successful Cyber Cafe in Oluyole Estate! shocked shocked

Let me log out and laugh myself to stupor. grin grin grin

Orisirisi.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by bawomolo(m): 12:20am On Dec 16, 2008
who knows, his dad must have some pretty Generous friends. from cyber cafe to oil guru. damn you need to write a book grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 1:05am On Dec 16, 2008
Its easier to beleive Dangote came about his wealth while digging the ground than to believe Dapo Lam became rich as a result of gift and cafes
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2008
Bawomolo,Oil Guru my foot with less than N7million which was raised by myself and partners.Pls reason.
How much does one need to set up a cyber cafe?At that time,less than N1million.

Pataki,U strike me as a clown.

must_a_far, nice idea,all taken note of.If people reason like you and argue constructively,Nigeria will progress instead of flogging an issue.

dayokanu,if you can compare a guy that has less than N2million with mohammed Abacha and Babangida,then we need to check our selves and realize this is no more a sensible discussion but a hate game.I wont be caught in the web.

Pataki,Didnt you read my post on how much we raised to start the business?Pls lets reason and not allow people see us as jokers and unserious elements.My name is at stake pls.

If we have proofs against this man called dapolam pls dont hesitate to come and lets see the truth but if not then lets move ahead.We cannot continue to argue on hearsays without proof.

Nairaland is a place where we should argue based on points and proofs,Constructive argument and seek for solutions to the problems facing us.Not what we are doing now.

Gist spread like fire and before people start to spread gist of what we do here,I might be forced to leave Nairaland if i realize we are not ready to throw questions rather we want to continue with this hate game.Anybody that enters this forum and see what we do will write us off and it can affect my own ambition as an unserious element.Pls lets thread the path of Must_a_far,Kobojunkie,subice,cre8tivity,toba 1909 etc and stop all these, Thanks once again.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Depilot(m): 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2008
I have many great friends that went to GCI. Dapo, what year is your set or graduation year? Thanks much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (37) (Reply)

Fayose Bows To Kumuyi, Says I'll Soon Be At Peace.. / Peter Obi Offered Me Money To Support Him, I Rejected It — Deji Adeyanju / Buhari Has Indirectly Made Fashola His Second In Command

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.