Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48699 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 9:25pm On Dec 16, 2008
my sector is pulling nigeria out of darkness and rebuilding the future of our country. i hope i've answered your question. please note that this topic is put together for dapolam, therefore our concentration should not be shifted.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by mustafar1: 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2008
Dapo, question,

what exactly do u want from nairalanders. support, encouragement, discouragement, grilling, tormenting, witch hunting, back stabbing, vendetta, WHAT EXACTLY?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Naijex: 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2008
dapolam:

And i can assure you that with what we stand for, CHANGE,all the old politicians will be judged by the people soon.Lets leave the judgment to the people.If he truly performed terribly as you claim,I will be in the forefront of people against him.The time will surely come in Nigeria when we will have free and fair elections like they just did in Ghana,a neighbouring country and you and I can decide whom we want while our votes will count.If it is Dapolam,yes it is him and if its not him then it must be someone else and a million Dapolam cannot rig the elections.Lets pray and remain focused.We shall get there, God bless

Do you mean that you will join the people to prosecute your father for misappropriation  of funds and corruption?
Please let us know so we can know how committed you are.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2008
I have said my own bit. He wants a place in history, let him go and pick a broom and start sweeping the streets of Felele in Ibadan. Humility and service is not in how diplomatic he can be with his answers. Anyone can easily do that with the likes of cre8tivity as advisers.

He has had an outstanding bad publicity while his father was the governor and he never made it easy on himself with his reckless way of spending while in UI. More importantly, his intelligent way of avoiding to declare his source of income over the years makes me highly doubtful of his intentions.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 9:50pm On Dec 16, 2008
If you believe you are human, then I urge you apply the same standards when judging the questions here. We are speaking of NIGERIAN POLITICS HERE. We are speaking of a group of people who have ignored the welfare of their own fellow me for one corrupt and inhuman reason or another.

Where were you when they were busy treating their own people like animals? Where were you when they were busy trampling on the welfare of those who voted for them in disrespect? Where were you when these same politicians looked the other way while the people lived in fear of being killed the next day? Why are you now demanding the people not ask their questions out of respect for those who you deem too human to be asked such questions?
how many nigerian politicians hold an open forum discussion over the internet? for dapolam to boldly come out day after day to address questions to the best of his ability should be labelled as being courageous and serious about contributing positively toward the rebuilding of this country. there is nothing bad in asking him questions as long as we are very careful and treat him the same way we want our own brothers or ourselves to be treated. please do not misunderstand my point, dapo doesn't have to come here at all. if we want more politicians to engage in this type of discussion, then we must show them encouragement by asking tough questions positively. could you do that?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by mustafar1: 9:55pm On Dec 16, 2008
cre8tivity, if u don't mind me asking. what do u consider a positive question? not minding the tough part
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2008
Kobojunkie,all taken note of and the website would be on at the appropriate time, Thanks

must_a_far, full support if you think i deserve it, encouragement as a young chap who respects us by coming here to discuss as there are other forums which are not given much recognition as nairaland by myself, discouragement if that is what i deserve and it must be on sincere and God fearing grounds, grilling which is most important but not on envy,hatred nor wrong accusations, tormenting,also most welcomed but only the one we can all accept, witch hunting is not right as far as I am concerned.Its my opinion and it might be wrong, back stabbing is not right as God fearing human beings, vendetta is a sin.Forgive and forget, Superb

Naijex,If you can come out with a substantiated accusation against him tonight with obvious proofs,I will surprise you by bn the one to send it to EFCC.I am sincere and I know what I am doing.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 10:05pm On Dec 16, 2008
my dear must_a_far,
You have to do a lot to convince people that you are not going to be like your father - the worst oyo state Governor of all time.
this is not a clever and respectful way to ask anybody a question.

i prefer this better:
during your father's tenure as the governor of oyo states, it is my understanding that he did not accomplish much, what are your plans to convince the people of oyo state that they wouldn't regret selecting you as their representative in 2011?

that's a sample of asking touch question positively.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2008
Obasanjo is Yaradua's political Father,If Yaradua cannot prosecute Obj if found wanting then Yaradua is not sincere.If Dapolam cannot prosecute Lam Adesina if found wanting,Then Dapolam is not sincere with the people and the nation.He is not worthy of any political position or leadership.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2008
cre8tivity:

how many nigerian politicians hold an open forum discussion over the internet?

I believe that the during the last presidential elections, Patrick Utomi made an attempt to reached out to the people through the web. The question is not how many do it but how many more ought to open up to us through any means necessary.

cre8tivity:

for dapolam to boldly come out day after day to address questions to the best of his ability should be labelled as being courageous and serious about contributing positively toward the rebuilding of this country.

I don’t believe in labeling people as good or bad but getting down to the nitty gritty. Apparently, labeling him is important to you and that is fine but when you go writing off questions asked him by others as being unimportant, then I have a problem with that. This man hopes to represent these people and I believe we ought to be fighting for the people to have their say here.

cre8tivity:
there is nothing bad in asking him questions as long as we are very careful and treat him the same way we want our own brothers or ourselves to be treated.

Actually, this is not about brothers treating brothers as they would. I did not know much of his father myself, but from reading responses on here, I would say not all persons liked him much. So @Dapolam has his work cut out for him. If he never stepped out to speak up against his dad, during his time as governor, then the onus is on him to prove to us all that he is not going to be ADESINA II. This, for many of the people who keep making reference to his father, seems to be about making sure that at the end of the day, they are not electing his father all over again. Why are you against questions that ensure that does not happen? Sure, we can not get it right 100% but why are you against people trying to come as close as they can of being sure that a vote for him is a vote in the right direction?

cre8tivity:
please do not misunderstand my point, dapo doesn't have to come here at all. if we want more politicians to engage in this type of discussion, then we must show them encouragement by asking tough questions positively. could you do that?

Sure, we want more politicians to come on to the forums to discuss issues but we are not going to pamper them just for coming to a forum to discuss issues with us. That is unacceptable. Even if they were to meet us up in the streets, we should make sure to bombard them with questions, enough to get convincing answers from them. You seem to be treating him more as a mother would her son, but you are forgetting that at the end of the day, we are speaking of a man who wants to lead the people here. Your protecting him is not helping issues at all. If he is not man enough to face the public and deal with all they have to throw at him, then he is not the man for the job. I would ask that you advice him to get out of this while he can instead of telling him he should only answer what he wants but sit back and expect votes to come in regardless. That is a terrible thing to suggest considering all we have been through and continue to deal with in Nigeria.

This is politics. No Niceness and Pampering welcome.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2008
I am off to bed again tonight, Thanks all and do have a good night rest till we meet again soon.God bless us all

Cre8tivity,my mother, good night, God bless you
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 10:28pm On Dec 16, 2008
my darling kobo, thank you so much for sharing. politics is not a science, in politics you hold on to what works. and what works last year doesn't necessarily mean would work this year. my dear kobo, you can not teach me how to swim, i live in the sea. don't judge book by the colour of the cover. love always.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by oldmama: 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2008
Dapo,

I am not interested in Nigeria politics. However your intention to feed street kids on 18th December seems a little bit iffy. My questions are
1) Where are you going to find kids to feed? Go to beere, molete or oja oba to pick children to feed or what?
2) Assuming u fed those kids, what next? How do you intend to sustain this kind of project? Oooh it is a matter of feed them for a day and send them packing abi?
Listen child, if u are comfortable enough to do this things, why don't u do it without using the "Samaritan" status to establish a political career?
You can give back to the community without using it as a ladder for political career.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by oldmama: 10:43pm On Dec 16, 2008
@ crea8tivity or wotever,

I am appalled at the way you are defending this dapo guy, did you see the way some guy threw shoe at Bush during his visit to Iraq? Nigerians do not have opportunity to throw shoes at people that have failed the country but have an opportunity to ask questions about the intentions of an aspiring leader. What then is your palaver , ?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2008
cre8tivity:

my darling kobo, thank you so much for sharing. politics is not a science, in politics you hold on to what works. and what works last year doesn't necessarily mean would work this year. my dear kobo, you can not teach me how to swim, i live in the sea. don't judge book by the colour of the cover. love always.

Sure, hold on to what works but as of right now, in Nigeria, nothing works. And so we need to revamp the whole system; Change the system to such that puts power back in the hands of the people, where it rightfully belongs. Just because a politician can go out, rig a couple ballot boxes and win election, does not necessarily mean that works. Sure we should hold on to what works, and in this case, what works FOR THE PEOPLE, and not for the politicians. We need to take back power from the politicians and make sure they understand from day one that their career in politics is dependent on us.

I am not trying to teach you anything but I am simply saying, let people ask their questions. @Dapolam should be capable of handling his own business and should stand up to the fight, rather than run away from the torment and somehow expect to win in the end. It should not be that way. If the people are not convinced of one's capability as a leader, then how can one win without going through the back door -- the same back door we, the people are trying to close??
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by mustafar1: 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2008
these days its not only the nigerian populace or media thats interested in nigerian polistealsing. more than ever nigeria is becoming recognized although maibe not for the right reasons, but what would be the case if an interview is requested by an independent foreign journalist (heck it could be me) and he is asked a question relating directly to his youth/ his time in UI. questions about his wealth or lack off, he would not simply ignore the question or say my fathers friends gave me gifts. and if i get such a response, a good journalist (not saying i am a journalist) would ask for paper proof. something to back up his claim and not just simply accept the my fathers friends donation answer. yes it could be true that his fathers friends and relatives gave gift but the amounts might need to be verified not by words but by paper proof.

that is simply wat most of these questions are asking, they are not asking for simply answers, they require answers that work. so giving me an answer like, "i sold my cyber cafe, got gifts, i saved a lot, father helped source for funds" etc etc without paperwork detailing and backing up such would seem to everyone listening as an individual who might have some other motive.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by bawomolo(m): 12:32am On Dec 17, 2008
cre8tivity:

how many nigerian politicians hold an open forum discussion over the internet? for dapolam to boldly come out day after day to address questions to the best of his ability should be labelled as being courageous and serious about contributing positively toward the rebuilding of this country. there is nothing bad in asking him questions as long as we are very careful and treat him the same way we want our own brothers or ourselves to be treated. please do not misunderstand my point, dapo doesn't have to come here at all. if we want more politicians to engage in this type of discussion, then we must show them encouragement by asking tough questions positively. could you do that?

the problem is that he is dribbling around the questions. Generic rhetoric are not new in Nigerian politics. I find it hard to believe Daddy's friends would be that generous. His source of income are important questions that shouldn't be avoided. who is to say he won't avoid similar questions when he becomes a representative
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by lucabrasi(m): 12:59am On Dec 17, 2008
bawomolo:

the problem is that he is dribbling around the questions. Generic rhetoric are not new in Nigerian politics. I find it hard to believe Daddy's friends would be that generous. His source of income are important questions that shouldn't be avoided. who is to say he won't avoid similar questions when he becomes a representative

exactly!!!
same reason i have refrained from making any contributions ever since because lets face it,the dude has not said anything new, senator smart adeyemi is a prime example of politicians who talk the talk,say stuffs you want to hear and even go as far as answering the right questions but are still part of the bunch
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 1:14am On Dec 17, 2008
lucabrasi:

exactly!!!
same reason i have refrained from making any contributions ever since because lets face it,the dude has not said anything new, senator smart adeyemi is a prime example of politicians who talk the talk,say stuffs you want to hear and even go as far as answering the right questions but are still part of the bunch
Exactly!!!

I have been saying the same thing with reference to Smart Adeyemi former NUJ president, Dimeji Bankole who is now an arrogant thief in the Senate. All came across as people crying for change. What did they not promise to the end of the earth for the nation.

Not only is he not saying anything new, he is definitely holding back from dissociating himself from those who made their wealth on stealing from the national cake.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by FADAKA: 6:11am On Dec 17, 2008
@DAPOLAM, surely you are doing pretty good with your campaign so far,
@crea8tivity, can you for God-sake let DapoLam continue his excellent job instead of you bringing those
   judgement to his tread, please do not tell him what to say or who to answer.
you just got his (dapolam) email address send him your suggestion , hopefully you get to know him better for yrselfish and unholy intrest of yours.
DAPO CONTINUE YOUR TREAD , YOU ARE DOING SO MUCH GOOD !
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:29am On Dec 17, 2008
Paper works,paperworks and paperworks.I said anyone that is ready to crosscheck should come and I will give myself up for investigation.I will write all my banks to give a full statement of account from the beginning to the end.I will give up all documents I have for verification.I will give all coy documents for scrutinizing and I will give a details of how my Cybercafe made profit with two of my workers as witnesses.I will give my educational certificate out for verification and whatever the investigator needs I will provide and give total cooperation.and if need be I will swear an Affidavit to back up whatever I have claimed.

But I said I wont do that online.Because it is not safe for me to come online with details.I know How many calls and email messages I have received since I gave my number and Email Address out from people blasting and some praising.While some said it is very stupid of me to have come online with his details most especially when the people we are chatting with cannot come out with their own details and identity.I dont care as I will continue giving recognition to all here no matter what anyone says, but my principle still stands on not giving vital info online.Let us all pick anyone here to act as investigator and I will cooperate with the person to do a thorough and sincere job but not online pls.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 10:37am On Dec 17, 2008
oldmama
The kids would be gotten from these areas you have mentioned as we have spoken to the leaders in the areas and also the Oba of sabo and sasha.

We have a long term plan of after the feeding we get their details and we are working on a vocational centre in these five States to give vocational training to them,send some to school,feed them on a regular basis while we train them also there.We are speaking with few commissioners of youths and sports on how we can get Lands to build the centres.We are speaking with corporate organizations too on how we will finance it and some individuals.

Pls Remember that this is the reason why i said I will not come online to say anything about the charity aspect of me cos you will tend to take it as political and using it to score a point.NO,I have bn into charity since year 2000 and you can confirm from the motherless babies home at Yemetu in Ibadan, God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2008
@DAPOLAM, surely you are doing pretty good with your campaign so far,
@crea8tivity, can you for God-sake let DapoLam continue his excellent job instead of you bringing those
   judgement to his tread, please do not tell him what to say or who to answer. 
you just got his (dapolam) email address send him your suggestion , hopefully you get to know him better for yrselfish and unholy intrest of yours.
DAPO CONTINUE YOUR TREAD , YOU ARE DOING SO MUCH GOOD !
my dear fadaka, the last time i checked, sewn is still the owner of this forum. therefore, till you or your family takes over this forum, you have no rights at all to inform me on what to say or how to say it or who to say it to. it is sad that minds of most nigerians are so corrupt to the point that, if one is taking a stand for what he or she believes in, it automatically means this individual must be looking to benefit from it. well, fadaka, not everybody crawls on the floor in my neighborhood.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2008

[size=14pt]In Nigeria, scrutiny means opposition; criticism, of any kind, remains unacceptable. The people call out for change, but the same turn around, and come up with every reason ,possible to them, why change should not be allowed.

[/size]

Unfortunately, this continues to be Nigeria's truth.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by BOSS7: 5:15pm On Dec 17, 2008
@ Pataki
I really admire your courage on so many issues you comment on and your style of writing as well, I'm jealous wink.

Anyway, as far as Dapolam is concerned, I agree wholeheartedly with you and I think he wants a bit of history. But in all honesty, he has not been able to openly fight for the masses when he had the opportunity so what's the probability that he could do it in future?

I think you've had your turn Dapolam, please for the sake of these innocent Nigerians out there who don't even have the opportunity to have three full course meals daily, could you spare us the embarrassment and let someone who has not been openly tested to have a say please?

We beg you, Nigeria is not a one man family politics, let's leave it for the well-intentioned ones.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2008
boss, you've presented your point clear and fair. i hope dapolam has a good answer for your post. but boss may i ask you couple of questions? 1. why do you think dapolam has had his turn? and 2. why do you suspect dapolam's intentions?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by FADAKA: 6:51pm On Dec 17, 2008
@crea8tivity, thanks for your quick response, please Dapo just started something new and unique!
This young Lad (DAPOLAM) is touching so many life at the moment base on his gentle-man approach TO EVERY QUESTION.

Thank for quick references to my family .

DAPOLAM IS OUR MAN!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2008
darling fadaka, you're very welcome. so far, i think dapo is handling things well, we all wish him the best.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2008
To all my Antagonists and those that dont believe in me now,Sure you will very soon and Thanks a lot for not ignoring the name and Ambition.Comments either Negative or positive will continue to inspire us the more.If you need to know,Your Negative comments had made a lot of changes in my life positively lately and it has kept me on my toes.Two sides of a coin,Its either left or right, Thanks and God bless

To all my well wishers and supporters,I say a very big thank you for believing in me.Kindly print this post out and always remember this day that I said someday you will all come out and say thats our boy.U shall be proud of me.I am 100% sure of that.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by oldmama: 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2008
@Dapo,

Although your answers to the few questions you were asked were a bit corny however i do like your spirit, the fact that you took all the criticisms with stride is commendable. Good luck to you and i hope you are able to achieve your political ambition.

If i were you i will make my marks on issues that people are passionate about for instance education or health issues and look at ways by which you and your "well meaning friends" can make difference rather than feeding the homeless kids for one day or building some centres that few years down the line would be shut due to lack of funds. Embark on project that is likely to get international charity organisation support or fundings. You are lucky becos u have three more years to prove yourself to real people of Oyo State. Do the right thing my child and you will take your family name out of the mud that is being dragged in at the moment.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2008
beautiful words of wisdom. that was very kind of you, we need to see more of this type of positive attitude on nairaland.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by BOSS7: 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2008
cre8tivity:

boss, you've presented your point clear and fair. i hope dapolam has a good answer for your post. but boss may i ask you couple of questions? 1. why do you think dapolam has had his turn? and 2. why do you suspect dapolam's intentions?

What I meant was that he had the opportunity to make headlines for good cause during his dad's tenure but he was known for something else (true or false, I don't really care) however he had the opportunity to make a change for the masses but he failed woefully.

Now is not the time to start licking your wounds becaus Nigerians have suffered so much; especially from politicians who have messed up (and I'm not trying to poke at his dad) and because politics is a very unforgiving game and once you mess up, I think it's hard to gain the trust of the masses.

In a nutshell, while his dad was the governor of Oyo State, though I didn't hear the hear-says but I still think Dapo had the chance to gain publicity at least for good deeds but he did for the opposite instead so why should people trust him now. He should please spare the citzens the pain of another tenure as this would just bring up sober memories especially from people who have been through this already.

I hope this answers you Cre8tivity. I think if Dapo has a bit of sympathy in him, he shouldn't contest and he should rather prove his intentions not by words but actions in the next couple of years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply)

Fayose Bows To Kumuyi, Says I'll Soon Be At Peace.. / Peter Obi Offered Me Money To Support Him, I Rejected It — Deji Adeyanju / Buhari Has Indirectly Made Fashola His Second In Command

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.