Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48696 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by gbolah1(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2008
It obvious that lot of people misused the opportunity they got why in power.

I believe this guy as learn from is past, and he deserve to give a break instead of asking him repetition question,

We need to understand that if this guy did not come to this forum there is still 80% guaranty that I will achieve is arm comes 2011,

Let just try to encourage people of coming out to this kind of forum for proofing them self instead of asking repetition question.

Note am not saying people should not scrutinize him but everything in life as limitation

When is father was the governor, he threaten my mother to sack her if he won the second term, in which make all my family to work for the success of Ladoja. But I cannot say because of is father behavior to my family then I will be writing things against this fellow.

To be honest is father try on is own for governance, the most problem he as is lack of approached and he believe that he can do anything because is in power

Dapo as is own life to leave, the fact remain he was able to enriched his bank account due to his father influence, which is common and (normal) people can cot me wrong, even as at now if he was unable to have at least 5million in is account, people will still blame him, Let move out of sentiment and face the reality,

He as show some level of understanding to the problem of this country, and I believe he deserve to be support, if he later got there and start doing another thing then, house of rep is not the most greater post in this country he will still want our vote one day. I will be the one to lead the campaign against him if such happen.

Dapo I have the confidence in your candidacy and I wish you best of luck, but I will advice you to stick to your principle not to just give some vital detail online because of your political opponent if not they will used it against you, this is Nigeria not another country,
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by debosky(m): 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2008
Spare us the same old stories!

Someone who is telling us to 'move on' into the future without explaining his past? We cannot accept such even for councillorship thank you!

This is not a matter of 'gist' - you are quoting random figures 'not less than 1million' - for ordinary cybercafe?? Why?

Who knows whether you had 3 computers in a room where people came to browse that you are claiming was a cybercafe worth 1 million naira?

Be transparent - How much did you sell the cybercafe for? How much were your savings and gifts you used to supplement your investment in this 'oil and gas business'? Is that question too tough to answer? Respond and stop dodging issues.

The MOST important question is this - What did you learn by running a cybercafe that qualifies you to be a House of Reps member? This is the only significant real life experience you've had - so explain how this qualifies you or prepares you for the enormous challenge of being a Representative of Oyo State.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2008
dapolam, not everybody would like you as dapo or as a politician or as ex governor's son. i think you should take it easy on yourself at this time. 95% of these people throwing questions at you do not have plans to participate in any election in nigeria or to return back home to live. so, why waste your time entertaining them? continue to work on your plans, get involved at all levels and believe in your product. nobody has the power to stop you, if it's going to be, it would be. you have my support and i admire your courage for being involved in pulling this country out of darkness, unlike some people that live in other countries, that have nothing to bring to the table but questions to bring a brother down. no need to take rubbish from anybody, please feel free to set people straight whenever they cross the line and forget being mr nice or pastor adeboye. that is the only language most nigerians understand. no disrespect to anybody.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by mustafar1: 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2008
verbal herpis
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2008
gbola h:

It obvious that lot of people misused the opportunity they got why in power.

I believe this guy as learn from is past, and he deserve to give a break instead of asking him repetition question,

How can you tell if anyone you meet on the net has truly learned from his/her past?

gbola h:

We need to understand that if this guy did not come to this forum there is still 80% guaranty that I will achieve is arm comes 2011

Well, I would not say 80% but you do have a point there. Things rarely change in Nigeria but he chose to campaign on the net, to get support from people on here, and so he has to deal with what follows, appropriately.

gbola h:

Let just try to encourage people of coming out to this kind of forum for proofing them self instead of asking repetition question.

Note am not saying people should not scrutinize him but everything in life as limitation

When is father was the governor, he threaten my mother to sack her if he won the second term, in which make all my family to work for the success of Ladoja. But I cannot say because of is father behavior to my family then I will be writing things against this fellow.

As a politician, he should be open to being asked the same questions over and over as the answer he may give the one group, may not be good enough for the other and so he has to do what he has to convince the people that he is the right candidate for the job. He is not here asking to be LGA chairman or state-level rep. He is instead asking for support to become a rep at the national level, that, my friend, is a huge leap and he has understand that he will need to prove he is worthy of that seat or accept that he may not be all that he believes he is. That is the way it works with any job out there, this is no exception.

I, as a person, have never mentioned his family being an obstacle to his progress, but I do understand that with what we have had and continue to deal with in Nigeria to date, sons have to, unfortunately, deal with the sins of their fathers. I mean consider if he were Babangida’s son coming on here to ask for your support in his bid to become rep for your state or any state. LoL

gbola h:

To be honest is father try on is own for governance, the most problem he as is lack of approached and he believe that he can do anything because is in power

I can use that same line to describe Babangida. Can we please stop making excuses for these people, and start holding them accountable for their actions? I mean the public have no clue what went on during his administration. Most all know is that He was governor, and he made a mess of the job. No access available to information on how he ran the house for his people to review and conclude as they will.

gbola h:

Dapo as is own life to leave, the fact remain he was able to enriched his bank account due to his father influence, which is common and (normal) people can cot me wrong, even as at now if he was unable to have at least 5million in is account, people will still blame him, Let move out of sentiment and face the reality,

When you move out of sentiment, you will realize that he is obligated to practicing what he preaches or accepting that this may not be the right job for him. If he is not willing to practice FOI with the people at this point, are we to somehow blindly trust him to do that when he gets in office?

gbola h:

He as show some level of understanding to the problem of this country, and I believe he deserve to be support, if he later got there and start doing another thing then, house of rep is not the most greater post in this country he will still want our vote one day. I will be the one to lead the campaign against him if such happen.

Please tell me you are joking with the above?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Dec 16, 2008
cre8tivity:

dapolam, not everybody would like you as dapo or as a politician or as ex governor's son. i think you should take it easy on yourself at this time. 95% of these people throwing questions at you do not have plans to participate in any election in nigeria or to return back home to live.

WOW!! You actually selling us all out for a politician? Why? Why are you doing this? Are you not supposed to be on the side of the people making sure they elect the very best this time around and nothing less? Why do we cry for change but then turn around and stab change in the back?

cre8tivity:

so, why waste your time entertaining them? continue to work on your plans, get involved at all levels and believe in your product. nobody has the power to stop you, if it's going to be, it would be. you have my support and i admire your courage for being involved in pulling this country out of darkness, unlike some people that live in other countries, that have nothing to bring to the table but questions to bring a brother down. no need to take rubbish from anybody, please feel free to set people straight whenever they cross the line and forget being mr nice or pastor adeboye. that is the only language most nigerians understand. no disrespect to anybody.

WOW!!!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2008
@ dapolam,

The only clown I see here is YOU. This is no insult, but pure straight talk. What is your intention here? To be asked challenging questions that will prepare you for a greater tomorrow. I have no problem with your ambition, I rather see it as a practical joke. I vomit the hard straight truth on this forum and at times I cut across as being too blunt and uncaring about feelings of others. Your ambition is not based on honesty. There is more to your call for service or is it leadership as you would rather see it.

Questions pertinent to how you made your wealth have been dodged by you. You are so quick to paint yourself with what you have done with your wealth but when asked about how you made the money, you simply skip it and require that other issues be addressed. The only set of people who can continue to fool you, are your friends and sycophants.

To insist that setting-up a cafe required a capital sum of just 1million naira back in those days is an outright lie. How much was the cost of V-sat, cost of building, cost of computers? You would rather have us believe that you made the money from the gifts given to you by friends of your father. This same money given to you by friends of your father since 1999 that caused you to misbehave all across Ibadan so much that you became the subject of discussion on TV, yet these same friends continued to give you so that you can save and build a cyber-cafe? grin

Even OBJ will tell you that he made is money from Obasanjo Farms. cheesy Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by mustafar1: 6:41pm On Dec 16, 2008
Kobojunkie do u need CPR yet abi u still dey kampe. this ur wow pass my power, funny enough i know where the wow is coming from. grin grin grin grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Dec 16, 2008
I am alive just wondering what we mean when we say we want change. I get stoned for saying that Nigerian people are not really ready for change as we don't seem to act like we do, but here we see evidence that maybe it is true. We say we want change but we turn around and do most everything we can to destroy our chances. sigh! We need to decide which way we want to go as a group.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2008
just because we want change doesn't give us permission to unnecessarily abuse each other
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 7:05pm On Dec 16, 2008
sample case study
que: how did you make your wealth?
ans: my uncle or my aunt loaned me ₦5m in 1999, which i've paid back in full, to start my business. God has been good to me, business is doing very fine. i'm growing, my employees are also growing with me.
you are covered as long as your uncle or aunt is wealthy and you can show evidence that the ₦5m loan was paid back with interest. i honestly don't think you can judge a nigerian politician or any politician by asking questions on a forum.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Naijex: 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2008
@cre8tivity
What industry are you in?

Who will help people with no rich relatives?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2008
just in case you did not know, there are tons of sweet answers to any questions, and an excellent politician is well equipped to handle himself or herself well when any question is being asked. therefore, i will rather judge a politician by his or her actions and not by asking silly questions.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2008
Depilot,96 set, Thank you

gbola h,Thank you very much for the words of encouragement and God bless you abundantly.

cre8tivity,God Almighty will be your strength and He will protect and guide your ways.I can assure you that I will make you proud cos God has done this one.You will come out soon and say that is my boy.

kobojunkie,All taken note of and we will make amends where necessary.

All,thanks for not even ignoring the name and ambition because you could have just overlooked it, God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 7:39pm On Dec 16, 2008
cre8tivity:

just in case you did not know, there are tons of sweet answers to any questions, and an excellent politician is well equipped to handle himself or herself well when any question is being asked. therefore, i will rather judge a politician by his or her actions and not by asking silly questions.
You have been spoiling for war with your incessant recline to silly words. What may be a silly question to you, might be an intelligent question to another.

If computer nerdss are here asking what makes a computer boot, to you as a politician that is a silly question simply because it does not arouse your passion for how to steal the nation dry. If you cannot tolerate your boy dapolam being asked simple questions, go to the kitchen and make yourself busy.

Again, you are part of the people who will not allow Nigeria to see progress. Giving diplomatic answers to questions does not imply intelligence, it simply means you are wicked enough to kill your next neighbour while still smiling at the individual.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2008
my dear pataki, you shouldn't misunderstand my point. it is ok to ask question, but it isn't ok to abuse anybody in the name of asking questions. what happened to motivating one another? what happened to trusting one another? and what happened to showing love and respect for one another? we could sit here till 2020 busy throwing all kinds of questions at this man, if he's going to deceive us, i think it will happen. we need not to pay negative attention to each others' objective, i'll love to see more encouragement coming from all of us. this is the only way to a brighter future for the country that we all love.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2008
@Gbolah, cre8tivity,

If Mohammed Abacha or Mohammed Babangida announce their bids to become presidents what would be your reactions?

They are different from the father despite not explaining where they came about their wealth without ever working?

He has learnt from the past. Just the way OBJ learnt from the past and he showed us or the way IBB has learnt from the

past, Even Lawrence Anini has learnt from the past.

Cre8tivity, Can you point out and quote the abusive words they have used on Dapolam?

Asking you about your background means abuse?

Which part of Obama's life was not scrutinised when he wanted to become president?

You said I should motivate, How do I motivate someone of shady background whose source of wealth I dont know, Who has a bad antecedent and has failed to clean up his name written several epistles and non can address while the source of his sudden wealth is still unknown.

But In Nigeria scrutiny means opposition.

I am from Oyo State, I grew up in Oyo State I schooled largely in Oyo State. My Family members are still there.

The fact that I am not in Nigeria does not mean I dont know about it.

Dapolam became a topic for discussion on State TV. Ask yourself what of other governors sons? How many of them have the notorious reputation of Dapolam?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RibaduFan(m): 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2008
Creativity

U re obviously a professional sycophant. No offence Dapo, dont have a thing against u.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2008
cre8tivity:

my dear pataki, you shouldn't misunderstand my point. it is ok to ask question, but it isn't ok to abuse anybody in the name of asking questions. what happened to motivating one another? what happened to trusting one another? and what happened to showing love and respect for one another? we could sit here till 2020 busy throwing all kinds of questions at this man, if he's going to deceive us, i think it will happen. we need not to pay negative attention to each others' objective, i'll love to see more encouragement coming from all of us. this is the only way to a brighter future for the country that we all love.
You are fast becoming another clown on this thread. Trusting one another?

Are you not the same person talking about giving sweet answers to questions in order to avoid more public scrutiny? Does that tag along with trusting one another?

What is abuse to you? Calling a person poor as at 1999 is an abuse to you? Who does not know how lam Adeshina was prior to his gubernatorial election wins in 1999?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2008
I am so sure Mohammed Abacha and Babangida cannot worth less than N500 million and I say BOLDLY that all my life including while my father was governor and now,I have never in all had up to N3million as worth.Pls where are the riches you claim?If you can come out and show that you dont worth more than me then i will accept i enriched my self corruptly.I have used four accounts in all.First bank orita,societe General bank Dugbe,IBTC Total Garden and now Zenith Bank Dugbe for the coy Account.I have all my statement of accounts from 1998 till date for scrutiny but definitely not online.

So if you can call a man with N3million rich in Nigeria,then where is our hope of sincere citizens?Pls stop living on hearsays and lets face reality.I have just a car and no land and no other property, Very few shares with First Bank and Guarantee Trust Bank,negligible with Union bank and most were bought for me by my father and when i say few i mean less than 5000 each.I have all my certificates for scrutiny but not online.I still stay in my fathers house at FELELE in Ibadan so where are the riches?

As a governor's son for four good years,if i couldnt raise N2million then what are we talking about.Pls go and find out about other Governor's sons and daughters what they worth.I am ready anytime for any scrutiny on all my claims and if you find any wrong I will drop my ambition for ever.But I can assure you d be disappointed.

I challenge anyone of you to come out publicly and investigate all my claims as i will surrender all documents for scrutiny and will even help by writing all concerned to cooperate with the investigator.But must be done publicly.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2008
Creativity

U re obviously a professional sycophant. No offence Dapo, don't have a thing against u.
if this is how you honestly feel, then you must be a comedian. very funny.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RibaduFan(m): 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2008
dapo

if what u say is true, then u deserve to be heard. But come election, we might need u to substantiate these claims.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 8:57pm On Dec 16, 2008
yemmysee: that sounds very good.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Naijex: 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2008
@
Naijex:

@cre8tivity
What industry are you in?

I mean what sector is your biz. I'm interested in knowing.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2008
By their fruits you would know them.

A Governors son who terrorised the whole SW, I was in Ife and I heard loads of stories about Dapolam and his escapades.

A broke boy, Dad becomes governor, He became the city terror, He opened a cyber cafe from gift from Dads friend shocked,
He became director in an oil coy financed by a bank. How does that sound?

More like Cinderella story or Alice in Wonderland
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Naijex: 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2008
@DapoLam
You have to do a lot to convince people that you are not going to be like your father - the worst oyo state Governor of all time.

Your father has left a very bad record for you. And i even know you that time your father was gov. You guy gat nothing before ur father's office. Una we don suffer be4 come become kingpin for town when your father became gov.

I can't believe u want to run for office. Cre8tivity will support you anyway.

Good name is better that gold or silver.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2008
yemmyse,I am ready anytime for scrutiny even as I am talking to you.If found wanting on any of my claims I d drop my Ambition cos it means I am not a man of Integrity but I can assure you I am in firm control of all what I have said and I am very sincere about them all.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 9:18pm On Dec 16, 2008
Naijex: may i ask why so much interest?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Naijex: 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2008
I'm researching which sector to invest into.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by cre8tivity(f): 9:21pm On Dec 16, 2008
@DapoLam
You have to do a lot to convince people that you are not going to be like your father - the worst oyo state Governor of all time.
question like this is unnecessary. politicians are human being, we must show some respect by carefully constructing our questions.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2008
Naijex,This is Dapolam and not Lam Adesina.The man has done his own part and lets leave him and forge ahead.If he has done it wrong dont you believe in posterity?Let it judge him.And i can assure you that with what we stand for, CHANGE,all the old politicians will be judged by the people soon.Lets leave the judgment to the people.If he truly performed terribly as you claim,I will be in the forefront of people against him.The time will surely come in Nigeria when we will have free and fair elections like they just did in Ghana,a neighbouring country and you and I can decide whom we want while our votes will count.If it is Dapolam,yes it is him and if its not him then it must be someone else and a million Dapolam cannot rig the elections.Lets pray and remain focused.We shall get there, God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Dec 16, 2008
cre8tivity:

question like this is unnecessary. politicians are human being, we must show some respect by carefully constructing our questions.

Why do you continue to make yourself judge on what is and what is not necessary? Why are they suddenly human today??

If you believe you are human, then I urge you apply the same standards when judging the questions here. We are speaking of NIGERIAN POLITICS HERE. We are speaking of a group of people who have ignored the welfare of their own fellow me for one corrupt and inhuman reason or another.

Where were you when they were busy treating their own people like animals? Where were you when they were busy trampling on the welfare of those who voted for them in disrespect? Where were you when these same politicians looked the other way while the people lived in fear of being killed the next day? Why are you now demanding the people not ask their questions out of respect for those who you deem too human to be asked such questions?

@Dapolam, I am sorry but you are your father’s son. You were there when he was in office and you knew to some extent of his dealings and how he did his job. Since you did not publicly oppose him during that time, I hate to say, but I am with those asking you to verify your claims and convince us that you are not the son of your father in this. If you were Babangida’s son or Abacha’s, I would demand same. So I suggest you get to convincing us, rather than offering us answers that are apparently not good enough. If you weren’t even a governor’s son, I would demand the same level, so I see no reason why you should be given an exemption here. Please start offering up details. Put up a website for your campaign and start revealing. Tax information, dealings… etc. That is what I believe FOI will give us Nigerians access to, so I say you let it start from you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (37) (Reply)

Fayose Bows To Kumuyi, Says I'll Soon Be At Peace.. / Peter Obi Offered Me Money To Support Him, I Rejected It — Deji Adeyanju / Buhari Has Indirectly Made Fashola His Second In Command

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.