Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,066 members, 7,814,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48695 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 7:18am On Dec 08, 2008
FADAKA,Thanks a lot, i would really appreciate in whatever way you want to come in.I am also using this opportunity to call on other fellow nairalanders to pls let us come together for the sake of our dear nation and for posterity to judge us right.Pls dont see me as another oliver twist who always comes for more as i really do appreciate what Nairaland has done already in my life and campaign.A lot of misinformation must have bn corrected and some impressions corrected.Thanks and i d expect to hear again from you asper how you think you can come in to help actualize this dream, God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 7:45am On Dec 08, 2008
Mr Dapolam,

What has been your source of livelihood since you graduated.

You told us you are from a humble background yet you are a director in an oil company after graduation.

This does not add up convince us this is not corrupt enrichment and where did a poor boy from a humble background who never worked before become the CEO of an oil firm
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by FOREXMASTE(m): 10:19am On Dec 08, 2008
It's really disheartening that People like Dapo Lam can come up with an idea of contesting for any position in Nigeria.It is even an insult comparing himself with Bankole the speaker of the House of Rep.
He has shown us the stuff he is made off:how he can manage funds.His sheer ego,gross indiscipline and low level of intelligence demonstrated while his dad was the Governor of Oyo state speak volume of the type of leader he would be if elected.Let me remind him that Femi Otedola had the same opportunity he had and made the best use of it, we all know who Femi Otedola is today.

It as an insult on our intelligence for you-Dapo Lam to remind us on the things you have done for the masses when you haven't done anything other than partying ,Dapo Lam the only thing we can remmember is your notice-me disposition that was the hallmark of your father's tenure.
As a bonafide citizen of Oyo state,i say NO to DAPO LAM.You have no locus standi to run for election irrespective of the fact that you are a Nigerian.House what do you feel?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2008
Mr Dayokanu,it is possible to run an oil and gas company with less than N10million and also remember you can go for loan from any bank as much as they believe in what you are doing and your records shows you are doing well.And i hope you can remember that i told you i have worked with Stabilini Visinoni before now?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2008
FOREX MASTE,Yes you have all the rights as a full Citizen of Nigeria to say NO to any candidate that you feel is not right for any position.You have your vote and the votes of others that feels the same way as you do and others you can mobilize against the candidate.That is democracy and this is the kind of democracy we want in Nigeria.Also i wont have bn able to say i have done anything if i havent cos i do have living witnesses and proofs to back up whatever i say.I party as you said like every other Nigerian but not abnormally.It is just one of the ways i reduce the stress of working as i dont drink nor smoke.And it has bn said that all work and no play makes Dapo a dull boy, thanks and God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by FADAKA: 2:19am On Dec 11, 2008
2011 DAPO-LAM IS OUR MAN!!!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:06am On Dec 11, 2008
Thank You so much FADAKA.God bless.And remember i am still waiting to know how you want to come in so that we can achieve this feat together.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by toba1909(m): 10:21am On Dec 11, 2008
FOREXMASTE:

It's really disheartening that People like Dapo Lam can come up with an idea of contesting for any position in Nigeria.It is even an insult comparing himself with Bankole the speaker of the House of Rep.

Dapo never compared himself with Bankole.
I made the comparism, based on what a fellow NL posted,
that Dapo should at least start his political ambition from a LG chairman or councillor.
So i brought this to enlighten NL's that Bankole never aspired for the post of LG chairman or councillor,
before becoming an member of the house of representative.
Duo, not an ex-governor's son.

FOREXMASTE:

Let me remind him that Femi Otedola had the same opportunity he had and made the best use of it, we all know who Femi Otedola is today.

Padi Mi,
Femi Otedola has being an enterprising lad before his father became a governor.
He runs a printing press that produce most of MOBIL's stationery materials in conjunction with his father.

Dapo, on his own part was an undergraduate while his father was in government,
duo might have lived an extravagant life then.
But that's not enough to crucify him and make him not worthy to hold a public office.
Are there no public office holders in this country,
with incriminating offenses?
Yet they're being made governors, senators, commissioners, ministers et al

My 2kobo.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2008
Dapo, on his own part was an undergraduate while his father was in government,
duo might have lived an extravagant life then.
But that's not enough to crucify him and make him not worthy to hold a public office.
Are there no public office holders in this country,
with incriminating offenses?
Yet they're being made governors, senators, commissioners, ministers et al

I am not sure I understand this part. Someone lived an extravagant life without any source of income
Now you are telling us not to crucify him when he wants our votes to become our representative.
So because we have public office holders with incriminating offences, we should now go to Kirikiri
and bring out criminals there so that they can rule us?
It would be nice if you can clarify.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by toba1909(m): 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2008
dayokanu,
The lad claimed he never got any contract when his father was a governor.
I think he'll get some petty cash from his parent as his upkeep.
Riding a car and partying is something a common Nigerian citizen's child will do,
without hazzles and hullabaloos.

This isn't a matter of bringing out criminals from the prisons to rule us.
Some of our governors, ministers, commissioners, senators & honourables,
have higher crime gravity than some of the inmates,
yet they walk the street with their shoulder high and head raised.
Ain't they those we have in our FEC's, SEC's & LEC's?

I think it's time we let go the past and face the FUTURE.
We YOUTH need to raise to these challenges.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by FADAKA: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2008
@Dayokanu, yes, we should all pick a stone and stone this Lad, (DAPOLAM) but before then we should all ask ourself
" what If i was in is shoe? because his Dad was  then  a governor he should be leaving in poverty to prove a point.

@DapoLam, remain who you are, very soon Dayokanu we see exactly what am seen in you rite-now!
TOBA1909, i believe thats exactly what you saw as well!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2008
Thanks Fadaka and Toba 1909.I really do appreciate the words and encouragement,I pray not to disappoint the trust you have reposed in me.But come to think of it,we cant blame Dayokanu as much as we cant blame Dapolam but if the freedom of Information bill had bn passed before now he would have had unfettered access to Info about me and my father instead of what these old politicians sold to the public about us to win elections by all means.i know someday all of us will pay for our sins.As it has bn said love your neighbour as yourself and spreading untrue stories about one's neighbour to win election is sure against that law.For me i have forgiven all of them cos i am not the God that has fought for me and how many of them can walk freely on the streets of this state without fear of bn attacked or stoned?I can and can walk majestically cos i have no skeleton in my cupboard.Our mission is change and change is what we preach.Change from the old ways of doing things which has not taken us anywhere in Nigeria.Let us all forget the past and move this nation forward.I am the man we have bn waiting for and sure this is the change we all desire in Nigeria.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2008
Ask any UI student between 2000 and 2003 about dapo lam and they would tell you gory tales

How is this guy different from Mohammed Abacha and Babangida? Who profited illegally from their dads misrule.

In Ibadan then, the beef wasnt much with his dad but how dapo oppressed around the city.

In as much as I dont like Akala, I have not heard about his childrens misdemanour maybe i am not well informed. I support the AC because of people like Fashola and Oshiomole but i might have to campaign against the party if they present dapo lam for house of rep.

He became the model for spoilt children all over the south west

Sleekdot,i entered ui 1999 and graduated 2005.I didnt have an extra year o because i know you would start on that.it was due to the strikes at that time.I finished from the dept of agricultural engineering,in case you might want to confirm all that.I went for service in enugu and finished service in 2006 and we started skipet in 2008.The money to float Skipet was raised by the four of us and we worth less than 10 million naira.The downstream sector is not only about refining as you have said it also includes supply,distribution,storing etc.We are just suppliers in the sector and for confirmation of our account we use Zenith bank Dugbe ibadan,It might not be too safe to give out account number(s) on the internet but i can give a written letter for anyone to confirm the account status and history.

This was an earlier post by dapolam where did the stabilini Visinoni come from? An after thought?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:07am On Dec 12, 2008
Dayokanu,pls can u define your understanding of oppression?If u mean driving is oppression then i accept but definitely not big cars.The best car i have driven in my life is my Fathers E class which is a normal car and that is the best car the man has uptill now.So where is the oppression?Or maybe you are referring to the transformation in my life,if its that ok i accept because i was a normal boy before my father became Gov but i hope you understand that levels must definitely change as a matter of fact.If you say UI students will have gory tales,how come i won an election in my dept? At least they say charity begins at home.If i was bad as u claim,my mates and juniors in the dept would have hated me.But let me tell you, kindly go find out from the dept,if my election was not the best ever in the history of the dept and that whether i performed creditably well or not.I spent just N5,000 on my posters and that was all. Also the N5000 spent was raised by my friends in the dept,Would you call that a bad person?If someone like you can compare me or my father with the Akala's, i dont think we should continue this gist as its obvious you are stale in the gist.U say model for spoilt children?I hope you know the meaning?Also the issue of Stabillini,i have told you before that i am a man of integrity and whatever i say would be met like that.I worked with stabillini as an IT student.The man is a good man,He really helped me.It seems obvious you are a pro PDP that is why u kept tackling me and comparing with the Akala's,where is the benchmark?I might have to ask you to let us walk on the streets of Oyo State and see by yourself,if DAPO LAM is loved or not and truly we d go to the rural areas.Maybe that will convince you to realise you have bn living on fake and untrue gist.I respect you as you stood on what you believe but at times we have to reconsider our beliefs most importantly when we aint sure about the gist, Do have a lovely day, God bless
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by toba1909(m): 11:13am On Dec 12, 2008
dayokanu:

Ask any UI student between 2000 and 2003 about dapo lam and they would tell you gory tales

How is this guy different from Mohammed Abacha and Babangida? Who profited illegally from their dads misrule.

In Ibadan then, the beef wasnt much with his dad but how dapo oppressed around the city.

In as much as I don't like Akala, I have not heard about his childrens misdemanour maybe i am not well informed. I support the AC because of people like Fashola and Oshiomole but i might have to campaign against the party if they present dapo lam for house of rep.

He became the model for spoilt children all over the south west

dayokanu,
I heard same tales as you've heard them also.
But let he who sinneth not cast the first stone!!!

The Alao-Akala's children you mentioned above are another chapter entirely.
These are kids i know very well right from the days of their father being a LG chairman.
Dapo and Akala's kid are incomparable at all.
Go to clubs on the Island in Lagos and see where Oyo tax payers money are being spent.
The way Akala squander the states money on different parties for his children is not new to everyone here.
How many parties did Lam Adeshina threw when he was in government?
How many countries did Dapo and his siblings visited when his father was the governor?
To crown it all,
compare what Lam receives as Allocation to what Akala is receiving now.
Where's the oil windfall money recently received by Otunba?

My brother, Lets keep our fingers crossed there.
I believe we should all awake from our slumbers,
and refuse to be fooled by the PDP led government,
so as to make a better place for our children to live in.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by FOREXMASTE(m): 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2008
Personally i am not convinced that Dapo Lam is not going there for the wrong reasons,i still think he need to convince not only me but veryone of us that is not well disposed to his candidacy.I'm not impressed at all,the basis of my criticism of your candidacy is based on the fact that you chose Political Gimmicks such as seeking for people's endorsement on the internet over grassroot development.

I'm a realist and the reality on ground is that you need to do more to win people to your side in view of the PDP dominance in the country.
And Winning people is not only by being witty with words but by embarking on a meaningful ,life-saving projects that will invariably affect the life of the people of Oyo state, i haven't heard or seen anything from you at all .

All said and done, i still think the final decision lies with the people of Oyo state,may the best person win come 2011.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2008
Forexmaste,All taken note of but i still insist that if it is about going on the pages of newspaper or the media to loud things we have done,I am sorry i wont do that.Incase you need any details of things we have done,I would be happy to give out details for you to crosscheck.I do understand what you mean by PDP dominance and we are not relenting in winning people to our side with projects that will benefit all our people.Kindly do some underground research in my constituency and see if we are well grounded or not.Not only in Oyo State but the whole of Nigeria,God let the best,most credible candidates win come 2011,Amen.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2008
Is this the Dapo Lam of UI? undecided

If indeed it is true it is you, I am sorry the stories I heard about you while your father was in Oyo state powers were not good stories. I never attended UI, but I am sure you know Otus in Engineering department?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2008
I just had time to look at your postings on this forum so far, all your 74 or thereabout postings till now has been based principally on this topic which in otherwords connote it is all about YOU and defending your person and not bothered about other issues pertinent to Nation which the politics section of nairaland reeks of.

You have totally failed to let us know how you came about the outstanding resources of money ascribed to your name, company and person. I remember when you wanted to contest for the Engineering Student President in UI against Otus, remember your Effizzy package and the popular term people ascribed that election was: The Masses Vs The Government (You).

You have not shown any consistency as typical with every money aspiring politician. From Agricultural Engineering-to-Cyber Cafe Owner- to-Oil Company Director! [s]Haba! You even had maga money to complement [/s]without any concise and credible source as to how you made your money. I know of people who saw the kind of lifestyle you lived in UI based on your oppressions who resorted to Yahoo-Yahoo runs just to measure up and not remain oppressed by your flamboyant lifestyle. Spending money was not a problem to you then never knowing that the road to making that money will not be easy.

If you are truly interested in helping your constituency, start by making the streets of Ibadan clean, take a broom, sweep and begin from there. Ibadan is too dirty! I do not believe you are genuine though as your interest as always being  in wanting to stay in the spotlight. Anything just to keep you relevant right from UI days, you will passionately follow with it.

Come out clean, dissociate yourself from the sudden riches of your father, tied to Amala politics of Adedibu, bring out a clean slate and write out where you have gone wrong and own up to your wrongs from the past totally. Obasanjo however used that same tactics too when he wrote the book called: The Animal Called Man sweeping us with his repentant inanities. Today Nigerians know better.

We want credible leaders from our youth not those who built their lives on the connections of their fathers who stole this nation dry. I am sorry, I will NEVER support you for any public office(s). The mistakes of our fathers will not be repeated in our generation. My children will never forgive me for it.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 5:28pm On Dec 14, 2008
PATAKI,welldone my brother/Sister,I know Otu very well and sure he will never have good things to say about me.I will explain that in the course of answering you as i d pick your post one point after the other.I really do have to defend myself because of people like you who just come online with hearsays and wont confirm the gist.i am sorry if it sounds rude but i never mean any harm or disrespect.i have had times when people asked me questions and i answered not only defence always.We have spoken about Education,My constituency etc maybe you d read well.Also I never contested against OTU,it was carlito that contested against him while i gave support to carlito.The OTU camp back then was made up of the big boys and well to do guys in the University.I can say i was one of them as i use a car and my father was a governor so i was termed one of them, but i did not support them at that point,i was with the masses camp who supported carlito.I came out openly to support and campaign for carlito and glory be to God that we won the election hands down.You can verify from anybody all these my facts.It was the other camp of OTU that had effizzy package we just campaigned vigorously as it was only me in the masses camp that had a car.The other camp went out campaigning with numerous cars.We won.You see that you have a wrong gist?And when i contested i won also.Which shows you that we are accepted widely by the people.i was in the forefront of Carlito's campaign despite the fact that OTU was my very good friend but ideology set in and i had to go for the better candidate and most importantly I wanted to be with the masses candidate and show the elites that we can do it.YES WE DID IT.I have never made Yahoo-Yahoo money in my life,u dont have to resort to abuses,Read my post well and you will see where i said i closed down the business cos of some reasons.Which is because of what was bn involved.We started Internet business when it was just new and people didnt have at home.You can confirm from people at Oluyole Estate about Skynet cyber Cafe.I can assure you that when the time comes you will be one of my key supporters,let us just keep our fingers crossed.I am the hope of the common man.I have always bn.Thank you for bringing up this matter because it will make people know that i am a man that identifies with the masses, God bless you and my regards to OTU.I will always respect him.He was a man and he fought to the very last minute.Sure he has a potential to be great.But for me i will always identify with any candidate that moves with the masses,
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2008
I think he has said it all.
Was David capped as a chief before he became KING.
Everything we're planning should be placed before God.

Bankole didn't start as a councillor or LG chairman before he proceed to the House,
yet he became the speaker when he's not the longest serving honourable.
Is it by his doing?

@toba1909 ,  I am glad the logic you present above, works for you but I believe that persons have to show they are worthy of positions, before being given the responsibilities that come with such posts, and not after. I don't think God just decided to annoint David without ensuring David had what it took to be King.  If you read the story of David carefully, you would see that  God had David in training for over 10 years before David actually became KING. He had to develop his leadership skills and his abililty to reason like a king would, before he was crowned king.

As for Bankole, his story reminds me of the norm in Nigerian politics. It seems to be the case that if you have the right connections, and are able to talk your way into the picture, you are likely to get a post in government. I have some old acquaintainces who are now in governmental positions. I have no idea how they qualified and who elected them; I can not even tell you that they are better leaders as they seem to approach it the usual Nigerian way "CHOP I CHOP".

Stepping ahead of oneself to claim God did it, is, to me, a way of trying to push all our faults and mistakes on God. We see how wrong everything keeps going with the many we have in government, many who never proved themselves but somehow got promoted to offices they were never qualified for. If God is responsible for putting them there, would it not also make sense to say that God is responsible for all the corruption and wickedness that follow? I know and have read come backs speaking of how God puts man there and then man does whatever he wants but let's be realistic here. Would a man vouch for one he is not confident in? Why then would God vouch for these people who he, being omnipotent and omniscience, already knows would fail?

@Dapolam, I still wait to hear what you have to say about dealing with issues at the local level FIRST? Or are you just going to, like so many before you, sell us the story that when you get to the nationals, you will consider locals then?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2008
@ dapolam

Sorry I goofed about the election drama as I earlier stated, I never attended UI, but I knew about your ways in UI and for you to come stating you wish to contest soon in the coming years is annoying seriously. Otus is my friend and I have him on my facebook list of friends same with some other friends of yours back in UI. I never intended to malign your person, if my posts cuts across as such to you, my apologies.

You have once again failed to explain how you came about your sudden wealth. If you are clamoring for a change in our generation, lay out in plain terms who you are. Let us know how you started with your wealth, if it is on honesty we will appreciate. If it is on deceit, say the plain truth and we will all know where to go on from there.

I still stand by words however, I do not see any potential of honesty in you to aspire for a leadership position. This was exactly the same way Dimeji Bankole started, same way Smart Adeyemi began. It is the same old recycled dishonesty painted with a fading color of honesty.

Regards.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 12:12am On Dec 15, 2008
Kobojunkie,You are very right with your idea of operating from the local level.Good governance should definetely start from there.But with the peculiar state of things in Nigeria,It has to start from the top and blend downwards.For example,We all know the little powers bestowed on A Local Government Chairman and if such person decides to go the right way,I am sure you know it would be frustration all the way,We have seen that with very good examples.Such should happen in a society that is not as corrupt as ours and where the leaders at the top are ready to support the ones at the lower level who are ready to perform.I believe it is a good idea to develop from the local level but come to think of it,with the useless allocation a Local Government Chairman collects monthly which can even hardly pay salaries,I am sure Kobo junkie would be the first to call for DapoLam's head.Thereby i believe that even if we d still come to the local level to develop we need to first fight out the issue of allocation to the local Governments in this Country at the National Assembly.The State House of Assembly sure is just a waste of time because hardly would you see a House of Assembly that passes a sensible bill.And it shows us that there is problems from the Federal level,If that can be solved it means all other levels of Governance would follow suit automatically.As we all know that a headache paralyzes the whole body that is how a bad President corrupts the whole system of Governance.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 12:37am On Dec 15, 2008
PATAKI,if you can accept that you goofed about the election gist cos you didnt attend UI,it means you heard the gist.If you had heard a wrong gist about that and you still claim to know about my ways in UI,it shows we need to check ourselves.I have told you that it is OTUS that you are fighting for by trying to get at me.But come to think of it,is it a crime to support another candidate against your friend if you feel the other is better?And he was to be cheated because of his low social status in the school community?My brother/sister pls be yourself and stop all these double standards.It could be your turn someday.As much as my ambition annoys you,I can tell you that it excites some others cos life is double sided.Pls kindly read some of my old post and see where i explained about my life.I am not rich as you all claim but the truth is i am comfortable.I tell you a story now and you can confirm from OTUS, During the electioneering campaign,all the noise was about OTU all over while we were making our strategy they were comfortable of a landslide victory.Meanwhile the noise was from the elites in the faculty while the downtrodden(masses) voices were not heard, but what happened?They spoke very loud on the day of election and their voice was louder in one day than the voice of the elites in weeks.Let us all be cautious and just look for a way forward for our dear country.We should stop digging into the past because it has not helped us.It keeps dragging us back.Lets forge ahead and proffer solutions to the many problems starring us in the face.Let us be constructive in our criticism, mould all candidates to what we want,tell them what we want because any of them can win and leave them to the electorates to choose.By doing this we are doing ourselves a favour.Building a virile nation is the responsibility of us all.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Dec 15, 2008
dapolam:

Kobojunkie,You are very right with your idea of operating from the local level.Good governance should definetely start from there.But with the peculiar state of things in Nigeria,It has to start from the top and blend downwards.For example,We all know the little powers bestowed on A Local Government Chairman and if such person decides to go the right way,I am sure you know it would be frustration all the way, We have seen that with very good examples.

I do not agree with the above assertion. Good governance can start from the root and it can be so in Nigeria as well. Nothing peculiar about Government in Nigeria, only that we continue to use that excuse when we are faced with changing things by approaching things a different way. Any LGA Chairman can choose to stand up for the right, and that essentially means he has to accept the consequences for the greater good. Frustrations will definitely come from all sides but only one who has shown himself worthy at that level, ought to be allowed in to higher office by the people. Please do not forget that government is not supposed to be about who can pay the biggest bribe, but about who is best able to serve the people.

dapolam:

Such should happen in a society that is not as corrupt as ours and where the leaders at the top are ready to support the ones at the lower level who are ready to perform. I believe it is a good idea to develop from the local level but come to think of it, with the useless allocation a Local Government Chairman collects monthly which can even hardly pay salaries, I am sure Kobo junkie would be the first to call for DapoLam's head.

You are wrong. What I believe majority of the people want is PROOF that the allocations to the LGA cannot be used to accomplish much in the area of development. You have to understand that the Nigerian people are clueless about what is actually going on. We live in a country where all we know is money comes into various LGA’s but no clue how that money is spent and what it is spent on. If you have ever been to the council office for information, you would understand the frustration of the people at that level. No way to authenticate documents or information you get and you are basically fed the same old lines on how money is barely coming in, but somehow some of these officers share money.

If I actually know, for sure, that the money is not coming in to accomplish much; if I know that the LGA government is doing the much it could with the sum it gets, I definitely would not ask for their heads. But we have LGA with information not made readily available to the public, so there is no way to tell. We need improved accountability at the LGA level FIRST; we need to know that at that level corrupt officials will be prosecuted and justice served FIRST. Only when that happens, can we look to cleaning up higher offices with ease. If you were to go in at that level to at least make sure that the public is able to take part in their government, you would be doing us a great service.

dapolam:

Thereby i believe that even if we d still come to the local level to develop we need to first fight out the issue of allocation to the local Governments in this Country at the National Assembly. The State House of Assembly sure is just a waste of time because hardly would you see a House of Assembly that passes a sensible bill.And it shows us that there is problems from the Federal level,If that can be solved it means all other levels of Governance would follow suit automatically.As we all know that a headache paralyzes the whole body that is how a bad President corrupts the whole system of Governance.

Do you somehow believe problems at the LGA level is mostly due to lack of adequate allocations? Does pumping more mone into LGA’s really solve anything? We are looking for solutions, not more waste. We already have 10’s of bills passed by the house that are yet to be put into effect. Does adding more really change the situation? Are you sure you understand the problem in the country enough to think you are qualified to lead in any way in that country?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 1:06am On Dec 15, 2008
KOBOJUNKIE,i put it to you that you are one of the many people that will abuse and blame a Local Government Chairman that stands for a change by the time the Opponents Sell untrue gist about him.The way u didnt confirm my own story before believing and coming on Nairaland to sell it is the way u d believe that too.I also still insist on setting a better arrangement for these levels of government i.e Local Government Chairman,Governor and President before one sets to go vie for any of them cos it has bn said look before you leap.I have done my homework and i know that before i can make any attempt at any of these i must first go set up some bills that would make my work easy and sensible.I am not used to giving excuses for non performance.It is either i will perform or i dont take a shot at all.I have my laid down plans and sure i know my onions.But truly a lot has bn learnt also in the past few months i joined Nairaland.The L.G.A's are the most near to the people(masses) and the only way the dividends of democracy can get to them is by making sure there is enough money to provide the necessary amenities for them.The issue of waste is another case.My own opinion is the serious overhauling of the Nigerian Police Force.I.e increase in basic salaries,Insurance scheme,good housing facilities,Training abroad or arrangement for specialist to come over and train them,They must be well armed and they must face serious training to always keep them fit at all times,The idea of sending their families packing after losing their life during service to their fatherland is unacceptable,it must stop.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 1:16am On Dec 15, 2008
@ Dapolam,

Calling me a PDP supporter is funny and quite ridiculous That is the same gimmick of Politicians in Nigeria who think People oppose thm because they are in the opposing Camp.
I wrote this earlier

I support the AC because of people like Fashola and Oshiomole but i might have to campaign against the party if they present dapo lam for house of rep.

You have dribbled around an achieved notjing yet

Tell us How a broke boy in 1999 became the Director of an Oil company in 2008.

And pls dont insult us with claims that you got a license and loans from banks .

How much were you worth in 1999 and in 2008 and give us details of your incresed wealth.

@Toba,

Who without a sin cast the first stone. Then we should bring criminals out of Kirikiri and make them rulers
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Pataki: 1:21am On Dec 15, 2008
@ dayokanu,

Thank you for reiterating the obvious to this young man. He is simply dodging that issue and going on with the acquired political skills of avoiding that question which is well used by our modern day politicians.

@ dapolam,

I am sorry, but find something else to do. You are no different from your father who worshipped Adedibu during his term in government. You are not ready to dissociate yourself from your father, but rather ride on his platform clamouring for change. CHANGE MY FOOT.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 1:29am On Dec 15, 2008
Dapolam?

Pataki I am from oyo State. I told some friends about Dapo lam's bid and they all laughed saying

"This guy must think that Oyo people are fools"

A guy that finished from UI and next thing became director in an oil firm.

Between 2006 and 2008 what was he doing? Drawing up business plans?

How is this guy different from Mohammed Abacha and Mohammed babangida.

I advise you not to waste your money because Oyo ppl can never vote you in.

Unless you have other means apart from the ballot box
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 1:30am On Dec 15, 2008
PATAKI,my father never had anything to do with ADEDIBU.if he did would Adedibu have gone ahead to campaign and rig for ladoja?pls let us face facts here and not let people see us as unserious people.I think u dwell a lot on hearsays and it cant work.Simple analysis works, Thanks
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 1:41am On Dec 15, 2008
Dayokanu,thanks for the advise but stop talking as God because you are far from bn God.How are you sure it is not God"s plan?Also the issue of a director i think we should all stop flogging it,to operate an oil coy takes different dimensions.Ours is a coy that does supplies of diesel and you can be a director so far your name is amongst the ones sent to CAC.Also supplies of diesel is not a capital intensive business as my company has less than N7 million and what we do is we supply and they pay us in cheque.The bank we use gave us a facility because they saw the way we operate our account.It is just the goodwill of people that is making the coy to grow daily.And as i am talking to you our capital is less than N5million while the bank gave us a facility also.You can come over for confirmation,if need be.But i would never give details of our bank account online.Where is the corrupt enrichment?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 1:57am On Dec 15, 2008
I might not reply again as i am going to bed now.
It is not an act of disrespect or underrating.i need rest as i have had a long day.
I d expect to read your dissected views on my last post(s).
I am sure we are all having fun, God bless us all.Goodnight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians / Fayose Bows To Kumuyi, Says I'll Soon Be At Peace.. / FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.