Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677683 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simi2015: 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hi Ma'am,

Am so sorry sad, I just have to ask too. My case number is LGS2015526036. Guess I'd rather read my visa status from you wink. Thanks for a favorable response grin.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
simi2015:

Hi Ma'am,

Am so sorry sad, I just have to ask too. My case number is LGS2015526036. Guess I'd rather read my visa status from you wink. Thanks for a favorable response grin.

Approved; ready to be printed! So it *should* be ready for pickup next week Thursday... although I'm beginning to wonder if the collection center will be SO flooded with cases that it takes them extra time to receive and sort them. But we're on the right track!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simi2015: 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Approved; ready to be printed! So it *should* be ready for pickup next week Thursday... although I'm beginning to wonder if the collection center will be SO flooded with cases that it takes them extra time to receive and sort them. But we're on the right track!

Yayyyyyy cheesy. Thanks a lot, dear VO. An angel, you are smiley.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
simi2015:

Yayyyyyy cheesy. Thanks a lot, dear VO. An angel, you are smiley.

I'm only the messenger. Kudos to the experts in the U.S. who are fixing everything so we can print. grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

These are questions for NVC -- I have no way of knowing what's going on with the processing of your case. You might shoot them an e-mail at NVCInquiry@state.gov and ask them these questions. Make sure to include your case number, or, if you don't have a case number yet, your receipt number. Good luck!
Good afternoon Ma, Please l got one question ma. my brother's case will be completed by July 10th, is there a chance he will be scheduled for august?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tonyphil: 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I think it's a glitch! You're absolutely not on administrative processing. At the risk of getting inundated with questions from everyone in Nigeria smiley, your visa is approved and should be printed today! (After all the twists and turns in your visa journey I feel like I might as well make an exception and tell you that.)
May God bless you ma...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Donjudesky1: 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hello after several search for answers i found this forum I'm worried and eager for answers of my situation. I'm a u.s citizen based in U.S.A and i applied an immigrant visa for my wife who is back home in Nigeria. I'm closed to case complete at the NVC stage but my wife is pregnant and due for delivery by October. I cant include the unborn child but my fear now is what will happen on the day of her interview if she goes with the baby. Will the baby have a visa or denied because I'm scared of what such situation will do to us. I'm desperate for answers for this situation.pls i need answers
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Donjudesky1: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
Just in addition to my question i was a legal permanent resident when i applied i130 for her but i recently just became a U.S citizen. Please what will be the outcome if she gives birth when the interview is already scheduled or case is already complete because she will have to be at the interview with the new born. I'm worried sick and really want to know if the baby will qualify to have visa or denied.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
sharlorhm:

Good afternoon Ma, Please l got one question ma. my brother's case will be completed by July 10th, is there a chance he will be scheduled for august?

He's also an IR2? My guess is that by July 10, all August appointments will already be filled.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
Donjudesky1:
Hello after several search for answers i found this forum I'm worried and eager for answers of my situation. I'm a u.s citizen based in U.S.A and i applied an immigrant visa for my wife who is back home in Nigeria. I'm closed to case complete at the NVC stage but my wife is pregnant and due for delivery by October. I cant include the unborn child but my fear now is what will happen on the day of her interview if she goes with the baby. Will the baby have a visa or denied because I'm scared of what such situation will do to us. I'm desperate for answers for this situation.pls i need answers

If you've been in the U.S. for a total of at least five years, the baby will be a U.S. citizen at birth, and we'll give your wife instructions on applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and a U.S. passport.

If not, you'll need to file a new petition for the baby to apply for a visa. There are no derivatives on IR or CR cases, and now that you're a citizen, your wife is either a CR1 or an IR1, depending on how long you've been married.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
Good afternoon Ma'am. Am also tempted to say please kindly give me a confirmation about my visa status as well.
LGS2015513063.
I'd love not to be left out ma'am.

Thanks always and God Bless you.

Waiting for your swift response as usual ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
Colemaxgrl:
Good afternoon Ma'am. Am also tempted to say please kindly give me a confirmation about my visa status as well.
LGS2015513063.
I'd love not to be left out ma'am.

Thanks always and God Bless you.

Waiting for your swift response as usual ma.

Issued. Next week Thursday? if the collection center isn't completely buried in passports.

Today is a good day! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

He's also an IR2? My guess is that by July 10, all August appointments will already be filled.
So is there a chance he will be on the list? or he ll wait till september?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 2:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

So is there a chance he will be on the list? or he ll wait till september? He is an IR2
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
sharlorhm:

So is there a chance he will be on the list? or he ll wait till september? He is an IR2

It is highly unlikely that he will be scheduled in August, and somewhat less unlikely that he'll be scheduled in September. It's also possible that there will be so many cases ready to be scheduled that his appointment date will be after September.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It is highly unlikely that he will be scheduled in August, and somewhat less unlikely that he'll be scheduled in September. It's also possible that there will be so many cases ready to be scheduled that his appointment date will be after September.
Thank you very much ma, we will keep our fingers crossed and hope it cums soon ma. Thaks once again Ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Issued. Next week Thursday? if the collection center isn't completely buried in passports.

Today is a good day! cheesy
beautiful.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2015
You are a God sent ma. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! I don't know how much else i can express my profound gratitude. My wife super happy now, am super duper happier. May God keep being with you and all that are yours. Enjoy the rest of your day ma'am.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ammicable: 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Okay. I'll start being strict about this again on TUESDAY. Today and Monday, if I see questions like this, I will answer them, because I know everyone is suffering.

Drum roll please.....

ISSUED! It should be ready for pickup next week Thursday!

Fantastic! I can't describe the smile this formed on my face. Thursday it is then! Thank you for the information. It's funny to think people's next frantic calls would be directed to the Pick Up center. God help the guys there wink
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
Dear V.O,When you attend interview for a j1 visa renewal.does your prior unexpired j1 visa get invalidated automatically.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kunzak: 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
Dear VO,

my dad filed for me in 1995 and was approved during the process of the application here i stopped tyhe process because i was keen on leaving and went back to school in 1998.

will the embassy still have me details now in 2015?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wuwu(m): 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
I have a baby out of wedlock can I travel wit my kid..im on f2b
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by imnuflawal: 12:29am On Jun 27, 2015
Dear VO my hubby filed me 4 F2A visa category, my priority date is 21 Oct 2014, I gave birth April, my husband wil naturalized early next year d only confusing tin is dat do we need to change our filling to CR1 visa category so as to mke our case current but concernin my child will she also be added as derivative since we started with F2A visa category. Plus my case has bin wit NVC since it got approved in Feb nd we haven't still heard anytin even wen we were told we'll be contacted in 30days, I want to biliv its due to d computer glitch or do I rily nid 2 be worried? Tnx 4 d listening ears ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:52am On Jun 27, 2015
anxious:
Dear V.O,When you attend interview for a j1 visa renewal.does your prior unexpired j1 visa get invalidated automatically.

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:54am On Jun 27, 2015
kunzak:
Dear VO,

my dad filed for me in 1995 and was approved during the process of the application here i stopped tyhe process because i was keen on leaving and went back to school in 1998.

We'll have records of it, but the case is now closed and your father will need to file a new petition for you. If more than a year passes with no action on a case, it is closed. If more than two years pass, we consider it "terminated" and return it to the United States for disposal.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:54am On Jun 27, 2015
wuwu:
I have a baby out of wedlock can I travel wit my kid..im on f2b

Yes ma'am, your child can be a derivative in your case.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:58am On Jun 27, 2015
imnuflawal:
Dear VO my hubby filed me 4 F2A visa category, my priority date is 21 Oct 2014, I gave birth April, my husband wil naturalized early next year d only confusing tin is dat do we need to change our filling to CR1 visa category so as to mke our case current but concernin my child will she also be added as derivative since we started with F2A visa category. Plus my case has bin wit NVC since it got approved in Feb nd we haven't still heard anytin even wen we were told we'll be contacted in 30days, I want to biliv its due to d computer glitch or do I rily nid 2 be worried? Tnx 4 d listening ears ma

It sounds like the best course of action is for your husband to file a separate I-130 for your child RIGHT NOW. That way, when he naturalizes, you'll become a CR1, and the child will become an IR2. If he doesn't file a petition for your child now, he'll have to do so later, and that will delay the child's immigration considerably.

If he is still a Legal Permanent Resident when you have your interview, your child can remain a derivative on your petition. But it sounds like he's going to naturalize before you come to see us.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:00am On Jun 27, 2015
[size=16pt]Oh, the sweet music of all our printers cranking away at 7:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning![/size]

8 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 7:30am On Jun 27, 2015
VisaOfficer:
[size=16pt]Oh, the sweet music of all our printers cranking away at 7:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning![/size]

Awwwww... Am so proud of y'all for this sacrifices and selfless services to us. May God bless y'all the needed strength from above.
A Good morning to you ma'am.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 27, 2015
Dear ma,
Was interviewed and approved for visa on the 15th june and given paper for collection but up till today 27th june,status on ceac last updated on 23rd june shows
"administrative processing".no request for additional documents were made on or after the interview.
what could the issue be.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:42am On Jun 27, 2015
anxious:
Dear ma,
Was interviewed and approved for visa on the 15th june and given paper for collection but up till today 27th june,status on ceac last updated on 23rd june shows
"administrative processing".no request for additional documents were made on or after the interview.
what could the issue be.

Please review the last couple pages of this thread. smiley We've been faced with a serious, worldwide computer issue that has affected our processing of visas. But the problems should soon be resolved......

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kunzak: 7:53am On Jun 27, 2015
kunzak:
Dear VO,

what information should i present at the embassy to get information on the application as i dont have any document or remember any information on the form?

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.