Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679725 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by flodave: 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
Pls VO this is so urgent and of utmost importance.,the Ds160 portal won't send me a copy of my Barcode to the emails in provided which am suppose to bring along to my interview which is coming up next week. Pls what can I do as I am so confused. Who do I contact?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2015
flodave:
Pls VO this is so urgent and of utmost importance.,the Ds160 portal won't send me a copy of my Barcode to the emails in provided which am suppose to bring along to my interview which is coming up next week. Pls what can I do as I am so confused. Who do I contact?

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by flodave: 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .

No one is being attended to there ,pplease just tell me what I need to do.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
flodave:

No one is being attended to there ,pplease just tell me what I need to do.

Sorry, I don't address non-immigrant visa questions here, especially when I don't know the answers.

Please use the other thread, or e-mail the NIV Unit at AbujaNIV@state.gov or LagosNIV@state.gov.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Papiyandrix: 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
Please I need to know what is going on. I attended an interview at the US embassy on the 9th of June and was given a proxy form on which the address I was to pick up my issued visa at, GSS Collection Center, Muri Okunola was circled out and given to me. I am due for my trip on the 30th of June and till now I have not got my passport back. On tracking it today I saw the message "there is no status update available for the passport number submitted". I am indeed very worried because a two days ago I was told it was still at the US Embassy /Consulate by the same tracker. Please I need your help!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
Papiyandrix:
Please I need to know what is going on. I attended an interview at the US embassy on the 9th of June and was given a proxy form on which the address I was to pick up my issued visa at, GSS Collection Center, Muri Okunola was circled out and given to me. I am due for my trip on the 30th of June and till now I have not got my passport back. On tracking it today I saw the message "there is no status update available for the passport number submitted". I am indeed very worried because a two days ago I was told it was still at the US Embassy /Consulate by the same tracker. Please I need your help!

Please review the most recent pages of this thread for information about our printing delays, which are due to a worldwide computer issue.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It's a good idea to arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of time -- but two hours sounds like a long time to wait!
angelic VO me and my was approve.the CO was just an angel like you. I wanted to ask her about you but was affraid of asking her.she was just too perfect even when my son was disturbing doing the interview she never mind him.thks a lot ma.may God continUe to bless your work.I am greatful and happy I join nairaland.remain bless ma

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by missek: 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I can't speak for Accra, but it's a common policy. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Good day VO.

We ventured.
Applied for the expedite last week (17th) and received feedback on 23rd that the request was under review.

I suppose that means it's with the Accra consulate now? ....Fingers crossed.

Also, another question.
Regarding the attached photo from the ceac website, does the last paragraph pertain to an expedite request or do consulates have other ways of helping us out if we contact them?

It's been a month since IV fee payment and ceac website still doesn't show the payment, thus no DS 260 still.
It's so difficult right now....

Thank you so much for your attention.

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cutedimpled: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hi VO,Thank you for your great and selfless service.I had case complete on June 11 for CR1 Visa and was told that I will be scheduled for an interview soon.Also,it states that our priority date is June 20,2014..What does this mean? and how soon can we get an interview scheduled?Is it likely to be in August or September..Looking forward to the interview..Thank you and looking forward to your response
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by blinkdr: 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
Thanx the status update on the ceac updates everday since Saturday I was told the want to check if I have a wife in nigeria waiting has me all grey on the hair just Wondering a time line when I will be called in
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wanderlustian(f): 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
flodave:

Hi,
I'm thinking you made a mistake in booking your appointment. Please put in your DS160 number into the corresponding DS160 slot in the space required in the booking section. I think you put in a wrong number

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Tisa: 5:33am On Jun 26, 2015
Good morning VO,

I had my interview on 11th and guessed I was approved as the CO didn't state so explicitly but rather said "everything is OK" and then gave me three pieces of papers one telling me to provide an NPC birth cert (I submitted my old original birth cert issued in the late 70s during filing) and submit it along with my passport at CGI, second paper stated where to collect my visa after issuance and the third paper contains information on how to pay the immigrant fee $165.

Forgive me if this question seem lame but does it mean my visa was approved? Secondly following my submission of d required doc and passport on the 18th n in light of the recent computer glitch how soon can I expect the issuance of my visa?

My case number - LGS2014781014.

Thanks and do have a blessed day ahead.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tonyphil: 6:46am On Jun 26, 2015
Hello VO
Am glad you are always available for guidance ...
I checked my status on ceac and it says AP..
Am very worried as I know ap could mean a thousand things especially more waiting time...
I can't even share this with my wife yet because this process has taking its toll on her really bad already..
I know u don't comment on ap cases but please make this an exception.... What does this mean?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by slightlyMad(f): 7:45am On Jun 26, 2015
Hi VO
please is it possible to opt-out of F1 to F2B because my mother went through a lot to become a US citizen and now the F2B category where i would have been it faster than the F1 where i am at the moment.
I guess if a US citizen is also regarded as a LPR, that will be possible
If possible to opt-out,
1. how long will the opting process take
2. how much will it cost my mother
3. can i opt back to F1 later should in case?

my priority date is july 2009 and am currently in F1

F1 is currently at 01OCT07 (1 year 9 months difference)
F2A is currently at 15OCT08 (just 9 months difference)

Your advice pls as age is not my friend, i need to start having my kids

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lizzyvic(f): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2015
Dear VO
Good day ma'am i believe you still remember me in my previous inquiry about DNA. I believe that you have really helped many with one immigration inquiry or the other and God will continue to bless you for your kindness and patience in answering every inquiry.
Pls. Ma you asked me to e-mail lagosIV and ask whether the results have been delivered to them, which i did 3days ago and they replied same day, saying that they have received it and that i will be contacted shortly. Pls. Ma when are my likely to be contacted with the recent computer issues. Just been curious about when to hear a good news about my children's cases from the embassy. Thank you.
LGS2014737052, LGS2014737050, LGS2014***049.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 8:38am On Jun 26, 2015
Good morning my angelic VO , how have you been. Thank you for helping my family. W left for US in April but couldn't access nairaland to thank you cos my email was having iSsues so I couldn't log in to nairaland. God bless you and all you lay your hands upon to do, may he crown you with long life and prosperity. You are an inspiration to do good unto others expecting nothing in return. God bless you. Love ur gorgeous hair and you even more.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:37am On Jun 26, 2015
missek:

Good day VO.

We ventured.
Applied for the expedite last week (17th) and received feedback on 23rd that the request was under review.

I suppose that means it's with the Accra consulate now? ....Fingers crossed.

That's what it sounds like to me. Good luck!

Also, another question.
Regarding the attached photo from the ceac website, does the last paragraph pertain to an expedite request or do consulates have other ways of helping us out if we contact them?

It's been a month since IV fee payment and ceac website still doesn't show the payment, thus no DS 260 still.
It's so difficult right now....

Thank you so much for your attention.

The problems with accessing the online DS-260 are part of the worldwide technological issues that are wreaking so much havoc for everyone. You might try e-mailing NVC to see if they're able to assist, but if not, hopefully everyone's ability to access their CEACs will be restored when these computer issues are solved.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:47am On Jun 26, 2015
cutedimpled:
Hi VO,Thank you for your great and selfless service.I had case complete on June 11 for CR1 Visa and was told that I will be scheduled for an interview soon.Also,it states that our priority date is June 20,2014..What does this mean? and how soon can we get an interview scheduled?Is it likely to be in August or September..Looking forward to the interview..Thank you and looking forward to your response

The priority date doesn't matter in CR and IR cases. All CR and IR cases are considered current as soon as the petitions are approved and the cases are documentarily complete.

If you're in the queue to be scheduled for an interview, it depends how many other people are in the queue. That said, one of our goals is to always accept every case that NVC has ready for us as soon as it is ready, so I would guess that August or September is a real possibility.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:48am On Jun 26, 2015
blinkdr:
Thanx the status update on the ceac updates everday since Saturday I was told the want to check if I have a wife in nigeria waiting has me all grey on the hair just Wondering a time line when I will be called in

Sorry, I have no way of knowing. There are so many reasons why a case might require administrative processing that I can't even hazard a guess.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:50am On Jun 26, 2015
Tisa:
Good morning VO,

I had my interview on 11th and guessed I was approved as the CO didn't state so explicitly but rather said "everything is OK" and then gave me three pieces of papers one telling me to provide an NPC birth cert (I submitted my old original birth cert issued in the late 70s during filing) and submit it along with my passport at CGI, second paper stated where to collect my visa after issuance and the third paper contains information on how to pay the immigrant fee $165.

Forgive me if this question seem lame but does it mean my visa was approved? Secondly following my submission of d required doc and passport on the 18th n in light of the recent computer glitch how soon can I expect the issuance of my visa?

My case number - LGS2014781014.

Thanks and do have a blessed day ahead.

Not lame at all! Yes, your case was approved. You should actually be able to pick up your visa and immigration packet next week Thursday! But again, it's always safest to call the collection center before making the trip, just to be sure.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:52am On Jun 26, 2015
tonyphil:

Hello VO
Am glad you are always available for guidance ...
I checked my status on ceac and it says AP..
Am very worried as I know ap could mean a thousand things especially more waiting time...
I can't even share this with my wife yet because this process has taking its toll on her really bad already..
I know u don't comment on ap cases but please make this an exception.... What does this mean?

I think it's a glitch! You're absolutely not on administrative processing. At the risk of getting inundated with questions from everyone in Nigeria smiley, your visa is approved and should be printed today! (After all the twists and turns in your visa journey I feel like I might as well make an exception and tell you that.)

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:02am On Jun 26, 2015
slightlyMad:
Hi VO
please is it possible to opt-out of F1 to F2B because my mother went through a lot to become a US citizen and now the F2B category where i would have been it faster than the F1 where i am at the moment.
I guess if a US citizen is also regarded as a LPR, that will be possible
If possible to opt-out,
1. how long will the opting process take
2. how much will it cost my mother
3. can i opt back to F1 later should in case?

my priority date is july 2009 and am currently in F1

F1 is currently at 01OCT07 (1 year 9 months difference)
F2A is currently at 15OCT08 (just 9 months difference)

Your advice pls as age is not my friend, i need to start having my kids

The petitioner should contact NVC and ask for the opt-out option. I'm pretty sure it has to be done before the petitioner naturalizes, though. THere's no cost, and yes, the applicant can opt back to F1 just by telling the Embassy or Consulate that the petitioner has naturalized. Not sure how long it takes for NVC to act on such requests.

You wrote, "I guess if a US citizen is also regarded as a LPR, that will be possible." U.S. citizens and Legal Permanant Residents are not overlapping categories. If someone is a citizen, he is not a Legal Permanent Resident. If someone is a Legal Permanent Resident, he is not a U.S. citizen. There's a lot of confusion about that, I think because citizens are in the United States legally -- but the term LPR only applies to someone who is not a U.S. citizen.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:05am On Jun 26, 2015
Lizzyvic:
Dear VO
Good day ma'am i believe you still remember me in my previous inquiry about DNA. I believe that you have really helped many with one immigration inquiry or the other and God will continue to bless you for your kindness and patience in answering every inquiry.
Pls. Ma you asked me to e-mail lagosIV and ask whether the results have been delivered to them, which i did 3days ago and they replied same day, saying that they have received it and that i will be contacted shortly. Pls. Ma when are my likely to be contacted with the recent computer issues. Just been curious about when to hear a good news about my children's cases from the embassy. Thank you.
LGS2014737052, LGS2014737050, LGS2014***049.

The results are here. We're somewhat backlogged these days, but my guess is that someone will bring the cases to me for review next week and, as long as nothing else is missing from the cases (and I don't think there will be, per the case notes), we'll contact you a day or two later and ask you to drop off the passports so we can issue the visas.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:09am On Jun 26, 2015
onyiblanche:
Good morning my angelic VO , how have you been. Thank you for helping my family. W left for US in April but couldn't access nairaland to thank you cos my email was having iSsues so I couldn't log in to nairaland. God bless you and all you lay your hands upon to do, may he crown you with long life and prosperity. You are an inspiration to do good unto others expecting nothing in return. God bless you. Love ur gorgeous hair and you even more.

Great to hear from you! And my hair thanks you very much!

I keep basking in everyone's kind words but I want you to know that ALL of us here at U.S. Mission Nigeria (the Consulate and the Embassy) are just as concerned about our applicants and beneficiaries as I am. You're the reason why we're here and we want to do two things: 1. uphold U.S. law and 2. facilitate travel, in that order, of course. I get lots of love from you all because you see me online, but please know that there are so many officers and Nigerian staff who really do care about our applicants.... even when the answer we have to give isn't the answer people want to hear.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ammicable: 10:46am On Jun 26, 2015
Ok my curiosity has taken the better part of me. Here is my case number LGS2013826016, this suspense is killing me cheesy Case still says "READY", i have bookmarked the page and refresh almost every hour...lol

Please help me check the likely date i can pick up.

Cheers and have a great day!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:56am On Jun 26, 2015
ammicable:
Ok my curiosity has taken the better part of me. Here is my case number LGS2013826016, this suspense is killing me cheesy Case still says "READY", i have bookmarked the page and refresh almost every hour...lol

Please help me check the likely date i can pick up.

Cheers and have a great day!

Okay. I'll start being strict about this again on TUESDAY. Today and Monday, if I see questions like this, I will answer them, because I know everyone is suffering.

Drum roll please.....

ISSUED! It should be ready for pickup next week Thursday!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Tisa: 11:17am On Jun 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Not lame at all! Yes, your case was approved. You should actually be able to pick up your visa and immigration packet next week Thursday! But again, it's always safest to call the collection center before making the trip, just to be sure.

Thank you so much for the info!
Stay blessed.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by LikoGee: 11:26am On Jun 26, 2015
Hi V.O, GoodMorning...I think am the next Oliver Twist...my case no is- LGS2014781026. I checked on d CEAC and it was indicating "ready" 2 days ago but yesterday it's "administrative processing"....looking forward to your response...thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lizzyvic(f): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2015
Thank you so much Ma'am. May God continue to bless you. Am a bit relieved. Looking forward to hearing from you by next week. With glad tidings. God bless You...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:42am On Jun 26, 2015
LikoGee:
Hi V.O, GoodMorning...I think am the next Oliver Twist...my case no is- LGS2014781026. I checked on d CEAC and it was indicating "ready" 2 days ago but yesterday it's "administrative processing"....looking forward to your response...thank you.

I'm really enjoying how all the people who are asking me questions this morning have either just been printed or will be printed today or tomorrow. Your visa has been printed! Should be ready for pickup next week Thursday.

I don't know why the CEAC is showing these cases ad "admin pro." On the other hand, I think the reason today is such a good news day is that we've already managed to print 30% of our backlog, and another 50% is ready to be printed RIGHT AWAY, and we expect [but cannot guarantee] the rest to fall in line over the weekend! hurray hurray hurray

7 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by LikoGee: 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hi V.O, Thaaaaaaaaank you sooooo much!!!!! You are awesome! GOD bless you...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.